PDA

View Full Version : DJ is an exciting running back

Twentysix
07-16-2011, 10:42 PM
But I want another Tyler Roehl.

Making people miss is cool, but running through them is way more fun for the fan.

I was watching some Roehl highlights, damn he played hard nosed football. He was so strong. I hope we can get another back like him that is as fast and strong in the future.

http://youtu.be/ebkIpa1DCfc?t=1m15s

56BISON73
07-16-2011, 11:44 PM

Making people miss is cool, but running through them is way more fun for the fan.

I was watching some Roehl highlights, damn he played hard nosed football. He was so strong. I hope we can get another back like him that is as fast and strong in the future.

Talk to Bohl about giving the ball to the fullback. Your prayers would be answered.

Twentysix
07-16-2011, 11:58 PM
Talk to Bohl about giving the ball to the fullback. Your prayers would be answered.

Do we have any FB's that are as fast as tyler though? I know he started out as one, but he did have a pretty good balance between speed and power.

HandoEX
07-17-2011, 12:02 AM
One player got hurt, the other hasn't. Not saying I like one player or style over another, but DJ stays healthy.

Twentysix
07-17-2011, 12:06 AM
One player got hurt, the other hasn't. Not saying I like one player or style over another, but DJ stays healthy.

I don't wanna go down that road. Hopefully DJ never gets injured.

Also, ive sat a row away from bohl at a basketball game one time. Other than that we don't really hang out.

A1pigskin
07-17-2011, 01:10 AM
Another Roehl and another Mays would be good.

HandoEX
07-17-2011, 02:56 AM
Another Roehl and another Mays would be good.

We don't need a Roehl or Mays, we really need a Steve Walker!

HerdBot
07-17-2011, 02:57 AM
I don't think we will ever see another guy like Roehl again. How often do you see a 235 pound running back with quick feet, elite strength, and runs a high 4.4. The guy is bigger than 98% of NFL backs and at the combine he did more bench presses than any running back (no one was close), linebacker, and was right up there with d lineman. He was a ridiculous talent. And he was so passionate and physical.

But I do think we will find bruisers. Lang has potential. Amos Buehner is actually heavier than Roehl but I doubt he has the same skills. These guys wear down the defense.

Roehl wasnt getting many touches at fullback anyway and Vigen never gives the fullback the ball.

CaBisonFan
07-17-2011, 08:41 AM

omg 73...we totally agree on something. I'm not a fan of the one-back offense. Give the damn ball to the fullback 5 or 6 times a game. If we're gonna play power football...then bring on the power. Change things up. The RB would benefit by it.

TransAmBison
07-18-2011, 02:07 AM

He ran through a lot of guys, but at the expense of fumbling enough times. Not a lot, but not a few either. Overall I would say DJ holds onto the ball better.

Herd
07-18-2011, 02:22 AM
If you find a FB who is skilled enough to run the ball, then get him some touches as a feature back. Otherwise, put the darn FBs (as many as you got) in the power I and give it to DJ. Don't mess with success.:duel: :duel:

HerdBot
07-18-2011, 02:26 AM
He ran through a lot of guys, but at the expense of fumbling enough times. Not a lot, but not a few either. Overall I would say DJ holds onto the ball better.

DJ is a more complete back and an elite receiver. A few extra touches by a bruising fullback or a guy like Lang will pay dividends in the 4th quarter. Plus it keeps the defense honest. Our running game would have been even better if Roehl had taken 4-5 carries per game when he was in there with Steffes. Talk about 2 players with contrasting styles.

Twentysix
07-18-2011, 04:14 AM
DJ is a more complete back and an elite receiver. A few extra touches by a bruising fullback or a guy like Lang will pay dividends in the 4th quarter. Plus it keeps the defense honest. Our running game would have been even better if Roehl had taken 4-5 carries per game when he was in there with Steffes. Talk about 2 players with contrasting styles.

That i dont doubt my point was roehl was more fun to watch. I loved when he would punish the defenders(Not something offenses usually get to do).