Missouri State - Midco Sports Network
@SDSU - Midco Sports Network
Northern Iowa - TBA
@Indiana State - NONE
Youngstown - NBC ND Network
@Western Illinois - TBA

DjKyRo
07-12-2011, 12:14 AM
Something tells me that UNI game will get some big coverage.

HerdBot
07-12-2011, 12:47 AM
Lafayette - NONE
Saint Francis - NBC ND Network
@Minnesota - Big Ten Network
Illinois State - TBA
@Southern Illinois - NONE
Missouri State - Midco Sports Network
@SDSU - Midco Sports Network
Northern Iowa - TBA
@Indiana State - NONE
Youngstown - NBC ND Network
@Western Illinois - TBA

8 games potentially on TV! Nice! What's up with Midco Sports Network? What territories do they cover? Im glad were putting St Francis on TV. Dome should be rockin. Good time to showcase a packed dome and the tailgating experience. Get the fans pumped up for the Gophers.

EndZoneQB
07-12-2011, 12:51 AM
8 games potentially on TV! Nice! What's up with Midco Sports Network? What territories do they cover? Im glad were putting St Francis on TV. Dome should be rockin. Good time to showcase a packed dome and the tailgating experience. Get the fans pumped up for the Gophers.

If you get Midco Cable, you get the channel lol So...SD and a few small towns in ND.

Looks like Midcon finally got ESPN3 as well!!!!

HerdBot
07-12-2011, 01:03 AM
If you get Midco Cable, you get the channel lol So...SD and a few small towns in ND.

According to their website... should be in HD!! http://www.midcosportsnet.com/

Launched in 2010 by Midcontinent Communications, Midco Sports Net™ (MidcoSN™) offers live coverage of local sporting events and sports programming to nearly 225,000 cable subscribers throughout North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota. Coverage includes teams from NCAA Division I and II, the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC) and the Summit League.

Midco Sports Network

Midcontinent offers a regional sports network called Midco Sports Network (formerly MC23 until August 2010) exclusive to their service, mainly over channel 26 or 27 on all Midcontinent systems, along with an additional digital sports tier spot for system continuity, an HD version of the network, and some additional overflow channels, which broadcast University of South Dakota and South Dakota State University sports, carries Fighting Sioux Sports Network's broadcasts of University of North Dakota sports, along with many other smaller colleges in the Dakotas and Minnesota.[3] During hours without sports programming Midco Sports Net carries ReelzChannel. Before the network launched, FSSN's broadcasts of UND sports were seen on Midco Sports Net's predecessor MC23, carried on channel 23 on most Midcontinent systems.

Actually has some potential. Whenever you can get NDSU, SDSU, USD, UND, The Summitt, Redhawks, Sioux Falls Canaries, and regional sports teams like the NAIA (und's future home) it's got some value and it's in HD. I hope bars can pick it up in Fargo. The only part that sucks is it's not in, uh, Fargo. But Moorhead and West Fargo get it. It's in many other bigger markets and much of lakes country. Better than no tv. But if you can't make it to South Dakota you'll have to go to a bar in Moorhead or West Fargo.

roadwarrior
07-12-2011, 01:04 AM
What's up with Midco Sports Network? What territories do they cover?

These are the places that have Midcontinent cable service:

http://www.midcocomm.com/classlibrary/page/resourcecenter/files/138.pdf

Gully
07-12-2011, 01:08 AM
Does anyone have a coverage map for the NONE network? Looks like some good games on there.

HerdBot
07-12-2011, 01:14 AM
Does anyone have a coverage map for the NONE network? Looks like some good games on there.

Basically everywhere in north dakota... except for Fargo! Seriously? West Fargo, Moorhead, Horace, Mapleton, Harwood, and all the little towns.. plus every big city including Bismark, Grand Forks, Wahpeton, Minot, Mandan...

mango
07-12-2011, 01:19 AM

ESPN3 as worked once for me on Midco and now I can't find it on the list on ESPN3. Wonder what's up.

Mr. Burgundy
07-12-2011, 01:20 AM
Midcontinent Cable is amazing. Does a great job with their coverage and replays a ton of games. I watched Summit League track, summit league baseball, summit basketball tourney, etc. Some great coverage and they advertise on ESPN quite a bit pumping what games will be on. Great decision to get more on board with them. They will dominate fargo someday.

HerdBot
07-12-2011, 01:32 AM
Midcontinent Cable is amazing. Does a great job with their coverage and replays a ton of games. I watched Summit League track, summit league baseball, summit basketball tourney, etc. Some great coverage and they advertise on ESPN quite a bit pumping what games will be on. Great decision to get more on board with them. They will dominate fargo someday.

I agree. Its basically FSN North for the Dakotas and parts of Minnesota. The problem is plenty of people have Cable One, Directs, Dish, and smaller Cable Companies and they can't see the games. I don't think it should be a primary channel but if we can get an extra game or 2 per year out of them its worth it. But I wouldn't want to replace state wide coverage just yet but its probably an upgrade over Channel 11 in just Fargo.

How about putting the Craig Bohl football show on Midco in addition to KVLy and Fox College Sports?

Midco is growing big time.

EndZoneQB
07-12-2011, 01:39 AM

Yep, as soon as CableOne is no longer in bed with the Fargo City Council.

I love Midcontinent. We have had them for about 7 months and it seems like every month they are adding more channels, features, upgrading something, etc. I've never had a cable company that just adds features because THEY want to add it. CableOne only boosts things as competitors add it(well, 6-8months later anyway!). The internet is NEVER down(my CableOne was super unrealiable) and the cable always works. I agree, great decision to get some games on the channel.

Twentysix
07-12-2011, 02:24 AM
The difference between the two companies is that midco is a south dakota standalone provider. Cableone is a subsidiary company(the Washington post) who's hq is in phoenix. Fargo will never be there main prerogative.

Your basically trying to compare Walmart service to a hornbachers. The fargo Walmart would love to be more customer friendly(inventory staffing whatever) but they don't and can't make those kind of calls.

Midco will always have better service in are general area. Unless Comcast purchases them, then you will probably get better channel selection, less local, higher prices and worse customer service.

ndbj52
07-12-2011, 02:44 AM
Something tells me that UNI game will get some big coverage.

FSN game of the week?

BlueBisonRock
07-12-2011, 03:04 AM
The difference between the two companies is that midco is a south dakota standalone provider. Cableone is a subsidiary company(the Washington post) who's hq is in phoenix. Fargo will never be there main prerogative.

Your basically trying to compare Walmart service to a hornbachers. The fargo Walmart would love to be more customer friendly(inventory staffing whatever) but they don't and can't make those kind of calls.

Midco will always have better service in are general area. Unless Comcast purchases them, then you will probably get better channel selection, less local, higher prices and worse customer service.

Sounds like you are comparing Midco to Charter...

HerdBot
07-12-2011, 03:05 AM
FSN game of the week?

I hope so. Its certainly a worthy catchup.

Twentysix
07-12-2011, 03:12 AM
Sounds like you are comparing Midco to Charter...

I never had charter. But they are a much bigger company than either midco or cableone. 14 billion in assets is bigger than nintendo.

EndZoneQB
07-12-2011, 03:18 AM

Bottomline, CableOne sucks. In this day and age it's no longer the big that eat the small, it's the fast that eat the slow. I'm sure you have *no* reason to defend CableOne but I don't know anyone that would say CableOne has a quality product/service OR price...competition or not(people still bitched before we had another option). People don't go to Walmart because they have great customer service, they go for the price. People go to Hornbachers for the service and it being a community staple(and since you compared, you might want to check how large the corporation is that owns Hornbacher's...but some how they find a way to stay nimble), even if they pay a little more. CableOne doesn't offer service/goods OR price. So far, Midcontinent has both. And they keep adding more features. If CableOne is shackled by corporate structure, maybe some people at the top need to see the writing on the wall.

For the last couple of years I have personally felt like the current idea of corporate oversight is too slow and lumbering...I could see it failing like communism. Fat cat CEOs and long communication channels won't last much longer IMO. My example is Pepsico selling off a bunch of its assets to local companies to become profitable again...then buying them back once they became a local business under local control...and funny they were profitable again. Once some of the assets reverted to Pepsico's control, the employees consistently bitched how it was like going back to the stone ages.

ISXBISON
07-12-2011, 03:21 AM
Bottomline, CableOne sucks. In this day and age it's no longer the big that eat the small, it's the fast that eat the slow. I'm sure you have *no* reason to defend CableOne but I don't know anyone that would say CableOne has a quality product/service OR price...competition or not(people still bitched before we had another option). People don't go to Walmart because they have great customer service, they go for the price. People go to Hornbachers for the service and it being a community staple(and since you compared, you might want to check how large the corporation is that owns Hornbacher's...but some how they find a way to stay nimble), even if they pay a little more. CableOne doesn't offer service/goods OR price. So far, Midcontinent has both. And they keep adding more features. If CableOne is shackled by corporate structure, maybe some people at the top need to see the writing on the wall.

For the last couple of years I have personally felt like the current idea of corporate oversight is too slow and lumbering...I could see it failing like communism. Fat cat CEOs and long communication channels won't last much longer IMO. My example is Pepsico selling off a bunch of its assets to local companies to become profitable again...then buying them back once they became a local business under local control...and funny they were profitable again. Once some of the assets reverted to Pepsico's control, the employees consistently bitched how it was like going back to the stone ages.

^^^^^^^This^^^^^^

BlueBisonRock
07-12-2011, 03:26 AM
I never had charter. But they are a much bigger company than either midco or cableone. 14 billion in assets is bigger than nintendo.

Yep. But Charter is still a POS. We need additional options even in another sector of the universe.

Twentysix
07-12-2011, 03:50 AM

Until the US adopts some of the Euro laws regaurding digital communication we won't have options.
Though you probably already knew that.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/28/why-is-european-broadband-faster-and-cheaper-blame-the-governme/

MN_BISON
07-12-2011, 04:01 AM
Well from a season ticket holder who makes it up for a handful of games in Fargo I think the TV schedule sucks donkey balls for anyone living outside of the ND NBC Network and Midco broadcast areas.

Is there a chance FCS could pick up the Midco games? It's my understanding that FCS doesn't produce the games they air, they just basically pick up the broadcast. If this were to happen I might be forced to remove the donkey balls part out of my previous statement and just go with sucks but I'm not going to hold my breath.

:ranting:

North Side
07-12-2011, 04:07 AM
When do you think CableOne and Fargo will split ways, if ever?

So Midcon might be broadcasting in HD? Thats AWESOME, if true, plus we will have the new lighting in by then right? so it will look ultra good. I guess the BTN game vs the Gophers should be HD too?

EndZoneQB
07-12-2011, 04:07 AM
Until the US adopts some of the Euro laws regaurding digital communication we won't have options.
Though you probably already knew that.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/28/why-is-european-broadband-faster-and-cheaper-blame-the-governme/

Bingo. And honestly, that goes for about anything else. In the comments someone points out about big corporations screaming for the "free market" to be "free"...yet the big corporations are the ones hiding behind the regulation. It harbors big business with lack of competition.

Twentysix
07-12-2011, 04:12 AM
Bingo. And honestly, that goes for about anything else. In the comments someone points out about big corporations screaming for the "free market" to be "free"...yet the big corporations are the ones hiding behind the regulation. It harbors big business with lack of competition.

Just look at ATT and verizon, they are beginning to move into europe. They appsoultely love the Euro rules because they work for them over there. However, ATT and Verizon are the companies fighting tooth and nail over here to stop it from happening.

I had heard midco was moving into fargo or atleast starting to build infastructure in fargo in 2012. Them staying out of fargo has almost nothing to do with Cableone and everything to do with fargo fee's and regulations.

Midco has/had a HORRENDOUS track record with actual burial work. And damaging city infastructure. That is something that doesnt concern your average joe who wants internet/tv, but it does bug the city politicians.

I fear that unless Congress starts passing some laws that scare your typical uninformed american you will see that every single ISP in the US will have a 50-100GB data cap per month. And its going to be like Cellphone minutes... You will have ridiculous internet overage charges until enough people get fed up and it goes to court/legislation.

EndZoneQB
07-12-2011, 04:29 AM
Just look at ATT and verizon, they are beginning to move into europe. They appsoultely love the Euro rules because they work for them over there. However, ATT and Verizon are the companies fighting tooth and nail over here to stop it from happening.

I had heard midco was moving into fargo or atleast starting to build infastructure in fargo in 2012. Them staying out of fargo has almost nothing to do with Cableone and everything to do with fargo fee's and regulations.

Midco has/had a HORRENDOUS track record with actual burial work. And damaging city infastructure. That is something that doesnt concern your average joe who wants internet/tv, but it does bug the city politicians.

I fear that unless Congress starts passing some laws that scare your typical uninformed american you will see that every single ISP in the US will have a 50-100GB data cap per month. And its going to be like Cellphone minutes... You will have ridiculous internet overage charges until enough people get fed up and it goes to court/legislation.

And the fact that the City of Fargo loves CableOne. I don't think it was personally Midco's fault because they were not the company that was doing the burial. I know they contracted a company out of I think...Illinois? I believe they stayed at Hando's hotel for a long time as they were a client of mine. Most of them had Midco trucks, tho. It could be Midco doing it now, but I have a feeling the same company is still around. Damages are one thing, mistakes happen...as long as they make it right again. CableOne did their work a long time ago, who knows how they were either.

And on your last point, I still think its ridiculous we are going backwards with the bandwidth caps on cellular internet. Phones are coming out with streaming netflix, tv, etc etc and now is the time for capped service?? Not to mention the fact that we were already one more carrier away from having unlimited everything. I have to believe that Verizon bought Alltel simply to make sure the unlimited everything plans became a reality. The iPhone move by them was huge as well. Small services(like Unicell) have all but disappeared. They were ahead of their time and sold service on top of T-Mobiles skeleton. My friends could add services from T-mobiles website for no charge through Unicell...and had free nationwide coverage with unlimited minutes, even tho they advertised them as local plans.

Twentysix
07-12-2011, 04:34 AM
And the fact that the City of Fargo loves CableOne. I don't think it was personally Midco's fault because they were not the company that was doing the burial. I know they contracted a company out of I think...Illinois? I believe they stayed at Hando's hotel for a long time as they were a client of mine. Most of them had Midco trucks, tho. It could be Midco doing it now, but I have a feeling the same company is still around. Damages are one thing, mistakes happen...as long as they make it right again. CableOne did their work a long time ago, who knows how they were either.

Thats exactly what i mean.

Cableone's infastructure has been in the ground for a very long time. They do build onto it but that is nothing compared to starting from scratch in a city of 100,000.

If the situations were reversed it would be cableone who could not build into fargo because of fees and regulations.

I dont think the city of fargo loves cablone so much its more about the fact that they are already in the city of fargo.

And yes Midco contracts out, but anytime a contractor breaks a line cuts something etc, its on midco. I worked beside the midco contractors quite a few times in south WF.

You must surely remember who built cableone's system.

Twentysix
07-12-2011, 04:40 AM
Northern, Inc., subject, to revocation or rescission as above expressed.
Source: 1965 Rev. Ord. 24-0117, 1415 (1972).
24-0118. Cablecom of Fargo.--Cablecom of Fargo is hereby granted a nonexclusive
franchise to install, construct, operate and maintain a cable television system within the corporate
limits of the city of Fargo. Said franchise shall be for a period of 10 years, provided, that the grant of
this franchise and the commencement thereof shall be conditioned upon the filing of a written
acceptance by Cablecom of Fargo not later than 12:01 p.m. on the 10th day next following the final
adoption of the ordinance granting such franchise. Written acceptance of said franchise by Cablecom
of Fargo, Inc. shall constitute a contract between it and the city of Fargo.
(Note: Second reading and final adoption of this ordinance occurred on August 29, 1994,
which is also the commencement date of the Franchise of Cablecom of Fargo, having filed its written
acceptance within 10 days).
Source: 1965 Rev. Ord. 24-0118, 1921 (1979), 2705 (1994).

EndZoneQB
07-12-2011, 04:43 AM
Since we have 100% derailed this thread(split it off maybe?), this is what is coming soon and has been advertising on www.xisnext.com:

I confirmed it with a midco employee tonight that it is them. They are doubling all of their speeds and will be installing wireless hotspots around town that will be available for any midco subscribers to use. They are changing their name to Midconet Broadband or something along those lines and are going to focus more on internet service as "cable TV" as we know it is a dying platform.

I know that my 50/5 internet package will become 100/15 as well.

I'm excited.

MNLonghorn10

i love midcon. every person in wf/moorhead should have it if they dont have satellite.

i really do feel for the fargoans stuck with shit cable one.

Twentysix
Is cableone crap? Sure.

Is midco(or whoever is feeding people the details about cableone keeping them out) giving the public reasons that arent 100% true for not being in fargo? Sure.

MNLonghorn10
07-12-2011, 04:47 AM
Is cableone crap? Sure.

Is midco(or whoever is feeding people the details about cableone keeping them out) giving the public reasons that arent 100% true for not being in fargo? Sure.

y u so mad tho

Twentysix
07-12-2011, 04:48 AM
y u so mad tho

Cause you killed all the dinosaurs.

EndZoneQB
07-12-2011, 04:53 AM
Is cableone crap? Sure.

I realize it's costly to move into Fargo. They are taking the right approach IMO. Get into the surrounding areas, get a good set up and buzz going and then hit the big market.

Either way, Midco is doing exactly what the article you posted talked about: giving us a third lever. They are cheaper and have better service. In the 6-8 months I've had them they've done nothing but improve while our cost stayed the same...which is more than I can say for CableOne over the last ~15 years. They constantly have rate hikes with little or no additional content added. Do they even have 25 HD channels yet?

MNLonghorn10
07-12-2011, 04:56 AM
I realize it's costly to move into Fargo. They are taking the right approach IMO. Get into the surrounding areas, get a good set up and buzz going and then hit the big market.

Either way, Midco is doing exactly what the article you posted talked about: giving us a third lever. They are cheaper and have better service. In the 6-8 months I've had them they've done nothing but improve while our cost stayed the same...which is more than I can say for CableOne over the last ~15 years. The constantly have rate hikes with little or no additional content added. Do they even have 25 HD channels yet?

since midco went all digital, back in like march, i see theyve added hallmark hd.

ndsubison1
07-12-2011, 05:29 AM
FSN game of the week?

saturday night espn game of the week plus college gameday in the west lot! boom

ndsubison1
07-12-2011, 05:32 AM

my apartment forces me to have cableone :facepalm: :blush:

Twentysix
07-12-2011, 05:37 AM
my apartment forces me to have cableone :facepalm: :blush:

Mine doesn't but Satelites 500 dollar startup fee is just not feasible for anyone in college(who isnt loaded).

We just roll with the free locals in HD you get through cableone internet netflix hulu and redbox.

Bison"FANatic"
07-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Midco will come into Fargo once the Moorhead build out is done. As for the contractors that were hitting everthing I am just about positive that company was fired and a new one brought in. Midco does not take hitting lines lightly that is one thing I know.

Oh and on midco I was flipping through and saw Scmaltz run the 800 at the summit championship this AM

Hammersmith
07-12-2011, 01:18 PM

Either way, Midco is doing exactly what the article you posted talked about: giving us a third lever. They are cheaper and have better service. In the 6-8 months I've had them they've done nothing but improve while our cost stayed the same...which is more than I can say for CableOne over the last ~15 years. They constantly have rate hikes with little or no additional content added. Do they even have 25 HD channels yet?

44 channels at the moment, and they seem to add a couple every month or so.

THEsocalledfan
07-12-2011, 01:35 PM
Reality:

Midcosportsnet is better for NDSU athletics than NBC statewide crap. As pointed out, many in ND will still be able to see it, and you just picked up a lot of SD (like me). Still not FSN, but I am happy with any progress.

I also think it not being on in Fargo itself may help get people off the couch and to the game. NDSU gets plenty of exposure in Fargo anyway; they need the exposure outside of ND. Sioux Falls and South Dakota has been a pretty good spot for NDSU recruiting, and this will only make it better.

Imagine the kid playing for Rooselvelt, Washington, or O' Gorman who only thought about playing at SDSU, and then they show a game in the FargoDome.......wouldn't doubt it would sow some seeds of doubt compared to that joke of a field they have in Brookings.

Then, they'd see TAB screaming in the stands, and the deal will be sealed. Who wouldn't come who sees TAB screaming?*

*TWSS

BisonPride72
07-12-2011, 02:10 PM
Midco will come into Fargo once the Moorhead build out is done. As for the contractors that were hitting everthing I am just about positive that company was fired and a new one brought in. Midco does not take hitting lines lightly that is one thing I know.

They were fired and the whole operation was shut down for a month or two so that reliable workers could be found. I worked there during that time, not a fun couple of months.

Leonardite
07-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Two things:

First, this has been alluded to by a couple of posters (including posting the ordinance - nice work!), but the city of Fargo owns the existing cable TV infrastructure. Cable companies submit bids to the city to provide service through the existing apparatus. Fargo solicited community input within the last couple years when the CableOne contract expired, but apparently decided to renew and continue with CableOne as its provider. MidContinent or anyone else could move into Fargo and start offering service any time it wanted, but would have to undertake the expense of wiring the city for a second time. This is not going to happen. Better hope the next time the cable contract is up for bids, Fargo switches.

Second, MidCo Sports has a decent reach into other areas and I guess is now in HD, but it is still inferior to the NBC coverage. Why? NBC pays NDSU to show the game, MidCo will not. I always wished basketball would go on MidCo, but fear that this move may hurt future bargaining leverage for football.

Bison bison
07-12-2011, 02:28 PM
Midco will come into Fargo once the Moorhead build out is done. As for the contractors that were hitting everthing I am just about positive that company was fired and a new one brought in.

That happened a few years ago in central North Dakota when they were putting the pipeline in. The guys were insatiable. Women had to stay indoors and you felt bad for the pets and livestock that were left outside.

Twentysix
07-12-2011, 02:31 PM
That happened a few years ago in central North Dakota when they were putting the pipeline in. The guys were insatiable. Women had to stay indoors and you felt bad for the pets and livestock that were left outside.

Hey it was a price we had to pay. It was maniac sex or brown pitts in your teeth.

Those could be a picture of any random kid from western nd.

Delicious chocolatey green hebron water!! Yum!

http://www.africanwater.org/images/fluorosis.jpg
/ndb2_humor

Tatanka
07-12-2011, 02:49 PM

So they were laying pipe and getting paid to do so?

Bison"FANatic"
07-12-2011, 02:59 PM
would have to undertake the expense of wiring the city for a second time. This is not going to happen.

I think you may be surprised then in a few years.;) ;)

EndZoneQB
07-12-2011, 05:06 PM
44 channels at the moment, and they seem to add a couple every month or so.

Yeah...and I think I have close to 100...

Either way, I have Midco and am super happy :) They keep upgrading services without rate hikes...I like it.

runtheoption
07-12-2011, 05:17 PM
Yeah...and I think I have close to 100...

Either way, I have Midco and am super happy :) They keep upgrading services without rate hikes...I like it.

Me too. I live in Harwood, and our TV / internet is rarely out. I also like not having to worry about bad weather making the TV signal all goofed up, like I've seen with Direct or Dish.

MNLonghorn10
07-12-2011, 05:26 PM
cableone doesnt add a few hd channels every month. i moved out of my parents house in december and i remember their hd line up still....i looked at it and since have added hallmark hd and thats it...1 in 6 months. not bad.

CAS4127
07-12-2011, 05:43 PM
cableone doesnt add a few hd channels every month. i moved out of my parents house in december and i remember their hd line up still....i looked at it and since have added hallmark hd and thats it...1 in 6 months. not bad.

Pretty traumatic event:omfg: --Counseling???!!!!!:D

MNLonghorn10
07-12-2011, 07:15 PM
Pretty traumatic event:omfg: --Counseling???!!!!!:D

Youre weird brah

EndZoneQB
07-12-2011, 07:29 PM
Youre weird brah

Who's weird? ;)

TheBisonator
07-12-2011, 09:01 PM
Aren't all Midco SportsNet events streamed live on their website?? I guess you have to pay something like 5 bucks for it though. I remember that during the Summit tournament game vs. ORU. Might still be cheaper than the GoBison.com stream.

HerdBot
07-13-2011, 02:35 AM
Reality:

Midcosportsnet is better for NDSU athletics than NBC statewide crap. As pointed out, many in ND will still be able to see it, and you just picked up a lot of SD (like me). Still not FSN, but I am happy with any progress.

I also think it not being on in Fargo itself may help get people off the couch and to the game. NDSU gets plenty of exposure in Fargo anyway; they need the exposure outside of ND. Sioux Falls and South Dakota has been a pretty good spot for NDSU recruiting, and this will only make it better.

Imagine the kid playing for Rooselvelt, Washington, or O' Gorman who only thought about playing at SDSU, and then they show a game in the FargoDome.......wouldn't doubt it would sow some seeds of doubt compared to that joke of a field they have in Brookings.

Then, they'd see TAB screaming in the stands, and the deal will be sealed. Who wouldn't come who sees TAB screaming?*

*TWSS

IMO its better than a Fargo only KVLY broadcast but a statewide is going to be available to 700,000+ viewers compared to 225,000 Midco customers, and not in Fargo.

But I think there is a huge benefit tapping into South Dakota and, parts of Minnesota that we normally don't cover. I also like being on a channel that other area colleges that we compete against, like USD, SDSU, UND, NAIA teams, the Summit League, and the Redhawks. Fans of the Redhawks may also be Bison fans. Its a good opportunity to connect with a local target audience. But I agree that if kids can see on TV just how kick ass the dome is, they will be more likely to want to come here.

I like Midco as a way to expand coverage for an extra game.

A1pigskin
07-17-2011, 01:17 AM
I've watched a lot of games on the Midco sports network.

THEsocalledfan
07-17-2011, 01:58 AM
Mid Co just added ESPN 3 in Sioux Falls. Can u get that in Fargo?

Twentysix
07-17-2011, 02:18 AM

Online through att.

TheBisonator
07-17-2011, 07:22 PM
Now that Midco internet customers can get ESPN3.com, does anyone think that a lot of the games on Midco SportsNet will be available on ESPN3.com??

ndbj52
07-17-2011, 10:13 PM
saturday night espn game of the week plus college gameday in the west lot! boom

Is there anyway I can push the like button on this?

EndZoneQB
07-17-2011, 11:15 PM

Yep, pretty excited about it.

Online through att.

See above.

duluthbison
07-18-2011, 10:27 PM
Just one more reason to get Midco in Fargo.

http://www.midcocomm.com/xisnext/xtras/

Twentysix
07-18-2011, 10:36 PM
Yep, pretty excited about it.

See above.

My point was anyone anywhere in the US can get espn3 for free with a free ATT email account. Midco getting it really isn't a big deal, though both midco and cableone should of had it years ago.

---------------------

On a side note. Are you promoting a service with a bandwidth cap?

•Monitor your bandwidth use to determine if you need more capacity or can do what you want with less

I tried looking through there site but there were 0 real details without creating an account to order internet. (I was using MSUM's address to even see their service prices)

If their is not a bandwidth cap 100 bucks a month or less is a great deal for 100mbps internet.

If their is a bandwidth cap under 500GB's a month more than $10 per month is too much for 100 mbps.

Especially if the overage charge is even close to $0.50/GB over. (Which is cableone's overage charge for plans with caps)

duluthbison
07-18-2011, 10:49 PM
My point was anyone anywhere in the US can get espn3 for free with a free ATT email account. Midco getting it really isn't a big deal, though both midco and cableone should of had it years ago.

---------------------

On a side note. Are you promoting a service with a bandwidth cap?

I tried looking through there site but there were 0 real details without creating an account to order internet. (I was using MSUM's address to even see their service prices)

Yeah I noticed that too, most companies that I read about have a hard bandwith cap of 250-500 GB per month which is pretty damn reasonable...at least for me. But I know there may be some out there who may use more. It would be nice if they provided more info about that.

Twentysix
07-18-2011, 10:51 PM
Yeah I noticed that too, most companies that I read about have a hard bandwith cap of 250-500 GB per month which is pretty damn reasonable...at least for me. But I know there may be some out there who may use more. It would be nice if they provided more info about that.

Cable ones best capped plan is 100gb's a month.

The typical plans are 50gb's a month.

At 10mpbs and basicly only using netflix I used 136gb in one month. That was with no active downloading.

If I were to activly use steam it would easily be around 300+GB's.

Needless to say if my connection was 100mbps I would consume exponentially more bandwidth.

duluthbison
07-18-2011, 11:21 PM
Comcast: 250GB
http://arstechnica.com/old/content/2008/08/its-official-comcast-starts-250gb-bandwidth-caps-october-1.ars

AT&T: 150GB or 250GB depending on plan
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/03/att-officially-announces-data-caps-wont-talk-about-congestion.ars

CableOne: No Cap - but large amounts during peak times will be throttled
http://www.broadbandreports.com/shownews/Trying-To-Decipher-CableOnes-New-Caps-104877

Midcontinent: No Cap that I can find anywhere

Time Warner: 60GB in the south
http://arstechnica.com/old/content/2008/06/40gb-for-55-per-month-time-warner-bandwidth-caps-arrive.ars

Twentysix
07-18-2011, 11:29 PM
Comcast: 250GB
http://arstechnica.com/old/content/2008/08/its-official-comcast-starts-250gb-bandwidth-caps-october-1.ars

AT&T: 150GB or 250GB depending on plan
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/03/att-officially-announces-data-caps-wont-talk-about-congestion.ars

CableOne: No Cap - but large amounts during peak times will be throttled
http://www.broadbandreports.com/shownews/Trying-To-Decipher-CableOnes-New-Caps-104877

Midcontinent: No Cap that I can find anywhere

Time Warner: 60GB in the south
http://arstechnica.com/old/content/2008/06/40gb-for-55-per-month-time-warner-bandwidth-caps-arrive.ars

Atleast some of your information is horrendously outdated.

https://www.cableone.net/FYH/Pages/PackageBundles.aspx?da=y

Standard 5mbps for 50$ a month is their only internet option with no cap.

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/6708/cableone.png

duluthbison
07-18-2011, 11:30 PM
Atleast some of your information is horrendously outdated.

Pics to follow.

It was the most recent information that I could casually find on google! :blush:

Twentysix
07-18-2011, 11:34 PM
It was the most recent information that I could casually find on google! :blush:

I would praise midco, but that quote scares me. Also the fact that its difficult to garner real details without an account also scares me.

The unfortunate truth is the majority of people are idiots when it comes to bandwidth. Alot of people are going to be taken for a ride until the government steps in and either 1.) regulates the bandwidth capping (not what i want to happen) or 2.) makes becoming an ISP alot easier thus regulating the market and bandwidth caps with pure competition(what i want to happen).

2 is what should happen.

1 is whats going to happen.

aces1180
07-18-2011, 11:39 PM
I would praise midco, but that quote scares me. Also the fact that its difficult to garner real details without an account also scares me.

The unfortunate truth is the majority of people are idiots when it comes to bandwidth. Alot of people are going to be taken for a ride until the government steps in and either 1.) regulates the bandwidth capping (not what i want to happen) or 2.) makes becoming an ISP alot easier thus regulating the market and bandwidth caps with pure competition(what i want to happen).

2 is what should happen.

1 is whats going to happen.

I have Midco and there is no cap.

Twentysix
07-18-2011, 11:40 PM
I have Midco and there is no cap.

Because you have a plan from when there was not a cap.

I also have cableone that is over 5mbps with no cap.

If i were to cancel and resubscribe that would no longer be an option.

gotts
07-18-2011, 11:42 PM
Was the cable trenching/boring company called Perley?

EndZoneQB
07-18-2011, 11:56 PM
Was the cable trenching/boring company called Perley?

It sure was Sir.

My neighbor has the big Midco line and has no cap. They might think about it as the company grows tho...

Bisonguy
07-19-2011, 12:38 AM
Cable ones best capped plan is 100gb's a month.

The typical plans are 50gb's a month.

At 10mpbs and basicly only using netflix I used 136gb in one month. That was with no active downloading.

If I were to activly use steam it would easily be around 300+GB's.

Needless to say if my connection was 100mbps I would consume exponentially more bandwidth.

Cableone's plans supposedly only have the "bonus" 50gb while you're under the promotional one or two years. After that they revert to the standard 50gb cap.

Is Cableone still throttling speeds with the 50 Mbps service?

EndZoneQB
07-19-2011, 12:43 AM
Cableone's plans supposedly only have the "bonus" 50gb while you're under the promotional one or two years. After that they revert to the standard 50gb cap.

Is Cableone still throttling speeds with the 50 Mbps service?

When I had Cableone they only had daily caps and uncapped from 12am to 12pm. It was easy to just set your downloads to start then.

Bisonguy
07-19-2011, 01:04 AM
When I had Cableone they only had daily caps and uncapped from 12am to 12pm. It was easy to just set your downloads to start then.

I had more issues with uploads. The cap was something stupid redonkulous for uploads like 100MB, which could be 5 photos for me. At least they allowed Friday midnight to Sunday midnight uncapped.

Hammersmith
07-20-2011, 01:50 AM
I've got the current 50/2 Mbps plan with a 100GB cap. Overnight(12am-8am) is uncapped, and I'm generally getting about 40-45 Mbps down and 2.3 up according to SpeedTest.net. Supposedly they send a series of emails once you hit 75% of your cap, but I haven't tested that yet.

HerdBot
07-20-2011, 02:41 AM
I've got the current 50/2 Mbps plan with a 100GB cap. Overnight(12am-8am) is uncapped, and I'm generally getting about 40-45 Mbps down and 2.3 up according to SpeedTest.net. Supposedly they send a series of emails once you hit 75% of your cap, but I haven't tested that yet.

All these companies suck. I had cable one and i had only a few hd channels and it was expensive as hell. They capped me and throttled me. Now I have qwest and directv. My qwest is 7 Meg unlimited and it works great. Its never gone down even once but i cant get espn 3 and its the fastest they offer. My Directv is great but no locals in HD is really annoying me and their customer service sucks balls. I may do Qwest and Dish but they don't have the sports packages. If I lived in west Fargo I would try Midco.

Twentysix
07-20-2011, 02:46 AM
All these companies suck. I had cable one and i had only a few hd channels and it was expensive as hell. They capped me and throttled me. Now I have qwest and directv. My qwest is 7 Meg unlimited and it works great. Its never gone down even once but i cant get espn 3 and its the fastest they offer. My Directv is great but no locals in HD is really annoying me and their customer service sucks balls. I may do Qwest and Dish but they don't have the sports packages. If I lived in west Fargo I would try Midco.

You can get espn3 you just need an ATT email address.

Hammersmith
07-20-2011, 03:19 AM
You can get espn3 you just need an ATT email address.

Also bugmenot

Bisonguy
07-20-2011, 03:29 AM

Overnight isn't capped in what sense? It doesn't count towards your 50/100 GB cap, or do they have daily caps like with the non-50 Mbps service?

duluthbison
07-20-2011, 03:41 AM
Overnight isn't capped in what sense? It doesn't count towards your 50/100 GB cap, or do they have daily caps like with the non-50 Mbps service?

It sounds like they do the same thing that IT does on campus here. If I understand it correctly, between those hours your bandwith speed and amount isn't capped because it isn't during peak times, and therefor it doesn't tax their network as much.

Think of it as an electric company right now, between 11am and 6pm would be considered peak times in regards to cost per kilowat, due to all of the demand with a/c, etc. But at night that demand goes way down and the electric grid isn't taxed as much.

Twentysix
07-20-2011, 03:42 AM
It sounds like they do the same thing that IT does on campus here. If I understand it correctly, between those hours your bandwith speed and amount isn't capped because it isn't during peak times, and therefor it doesn't tax their network as much.

Think of it as an electric company right now, between 11am and 6pm would be considered peak times in regards to cost per kilowat, due to all of the demand with a/c, etc. But at night that demand goes way down and the electric grid isn't taxed as much.

Im fairly certain the bandwidth caps have more to do with the internet highway(backbone, I think cableone uses level 3) so to speak rather than the local network in the city. I think the prices cableone pays the backbone for bandwidth is being passed onto the customer. <--- that is my opinion anyways.

Hammersmith
07-20-2011, 04:02 AM

Overnight transfers don't count toward your monthly cap. Last month I downloaded over 125GB of material but never even hit my 75GB warning because much of the downloading happened at night. If you go to your account settings on the Cableone website, you see four bar graphs. The first shows your quota or cap status. The next three show your download, upload and total transfer breakdowns, including overnight use. You also have the option of viewing a daily breakdown of your use. This month was totally different for me. Halfway through(billing period goes from 8th to 8th) and I've only used 6.41GB of my quota and only 6.53GB overall. (Just about all of that is one blu-ray torrent I downloaded after I bought the disc - don't own a blu-ray player yet and the extended scenes aren't on the DVD version)

gotts
07-20-2011, 07:53 PM

I have no idea how youre going to show me capping and throttling on a doll.

TheBisonator
07-20-2011, 07:57 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_L7-5D2uVxTo/SvW_jHs7EuI/AAAAAAAAAHA/kT5a4b5kPxU/s400/ThreadDirection.jpg

Twentysix
07-20-2011, 08:31 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_L7-5D2uVxTo/SvW_jHs7EuI/AAAAAAAAAHA/kT5a4b5kPxU/s400/ThreadDirection.jpg

http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/editorial_image/b2/b2b6ef088ea4141cbda92cfa84db652d/planking_gives_board_college_football_players_an_o ffseason_pastime.jpg

NDGooch
07-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Sorry to keep the thread going in the wrong direction, but there has been a lot of trenching going on in north Fargo over the last month or so. One of the trucks I saw when they were outside of where we live was a Midco truck. I don't know if that means anything or not, but I have hope.

Izzie Moses
08-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Per the Communications Department today, look for a press release that details TV coverage for 2011 Football Season. Most road games will be on Midcontinent.

GradBison
08-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Per the Communications Department today, look for a press release that details TV coverage for 2011 Football Season. Most road games will be on Midcontinent.

Here's the release:

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205235677&DB_OEM_ID=2400

10 games are covered. Two away games on ESPN3 = Awesome!

Civil06
08-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Here's the release:

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205235677&DB_OEM_ID=2400

10 games are covered. Two away games on ESPN3 = Awesome!

Bummer about Phil not hosting the Craig Bohl Football Show. He did a great job once he got the hang of it.

MNLonghorn10
08-01-2011, 07:43 PM
whats the time commitment to the coaches show?? an hour?

who will they replace him with? dan hammer?

THEsocalledfan
08-01-2011, 07:54 PM
My comments on coverage before we get too giddy:

Sept. 10 SAINT FRANCIS, PA. (North Dakota NBC Network)-who cares; world does not revolve around ND and we need exposure

Sept. 24 at Minnesota (Big Ten Network)-great--awesome exposure

Oct. 1 ILLINOIS STATE (North Dakota NBC Network)-who cares; world does not revolve around ND and we need exposure

Oct. 8 at Southern Illinois (ESPN3)-good, but skeptical it helps with exposure

Oct. 15 MISSOURI STATE (Midco Sports Network)-good, but not as good as FSN

Oct. 22 at South Dakota State (Midco Sports Network)-good, but not as good as FSN; how in the heck does this not go on FSN?

Oct. 29 NORTHERN IOWA (KXJB/CBS-Fargo – Fox College Sports Central)-better than Midco, but no FSN. How is this not on FSN?

Nov. 5 at Indiana State (ESPN3)-good, but skeptical it helps with exposure

Nov. 12 YOUNGSTOWN STATE (North Dakota NBC Network)-who cares; world does not revolve around ND and we need exposure

Nov. 19 at Western Illinois (KXJB/CBS-Fargo)-who cares; world does not revolve around ND and we need exposure--just when you think it can't get worse than statewide NBC, they pull it off.

After all this negativity, I will only say this is progress if at least one game gets on FSN. I would think the Northern Iowa one should have a shot since on FCS?

aces1180
08-01-2011, 08:08 PM

Talking too him a while back, he mentioned he wanted more time with his family on weekends (i.e. Church).

Civil06
08-01-2011, 08:21 PM

The article says Jeremy Jorgenson will host the coach's show and Phil will stay on the radio broadcast as the color analyst.

ndbj52
08-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Its great to have TV coverage, but after what I saw last year I think the focus needs to be on filling the Dome for every home game

DjKyRo
08-02-2011, 01:58 AM
TSCF, I gotta disagree on the dismissal of NDNBC games. Reaching western North Dakota is a big deal and I can tell you there's a big divide between that part of the state and the east. Getting football games out there to instill some state pride will pay big dividends down the line, guaranteed (in the form of student interest, enrollment, fan growth, etc).

North Dakota is still the home of NDSU, and having a strong relationship with the rest of the state is critical. Tons of money out west and NDSU needs to lobby for a slice of it with the viewership.

BadlandsBison
08-02-2011, 02:03 AM
TSCF, I gotta disagree on the dismissal of NDNBC games. Reaching western North Dakota is a big deal and I can tell you there's a big divide between that part of the state and the east. Getting football games out there to instill some state pride will pay big dividends down the line, guaranteed (in the form of student interest, enrollment, fan growth, etc).

North Dakota is still the home of NDSU, and having a strong relationship with the rest of the state is critical. Tons of money out west and NDSU needs to lobby for a slice of it with the viewership.

It was a treat to see a Bison game on TV out west. The radio coverage is depressing out here as well, however tuning in a Whioux game was never a problem:facepalm:

This is changing (although perhaps more slowly than it should (at least imho:facepalm: ))

NDSUstudent
08-02-2011, 02:07 AM
NBC ND puts into every house in ND, west central MN and parts of SD/MT. It is much better than Midco, sorry socalled but just because you get Midco doesn't mean everyone else gets it.

I do hope FSN picks up the UNI game though.

Having 10 games on is epic, just think a few years ago it was a struggle to get a couple games on TV when WDAY had the TV contract.

ndsubison1
08-02-2011, 02:30 AM
this is good coverage for an FCS team

Herd
08-02-2011, 02:35 AM
IN southern MN, this article might as well read, "Bison with only one game on TV in 2011". I've got no Midco, no ND NBC, No KVLY, and who the hell knows how to get ESPN3.com? If I don't travel up, it will be me and my computer each week.

I do thiink that the ND coverage is good though, especially out west. Way better than nothing.

1998braves64
08-02-2011, 02:50 AM
IN southern MN, this article might as well read, "Bison with only one game on TV in 2011". I've got no Midco, no ND NBC, No KVLY, and who the hell knows how to get ESPN3.com? If I don't travel up, it will be me and my computer each week.

I do thiink that the ND coverage is good though, especially out west. Way better than nothing.

See http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22788&highlight=ESPN

DjKyRo
08-02-2011, 03:40 AM
who the hell knows how to get ESPN3.com?

While it sucks that you won't be getting a lot of games on TV in your area, the ESPN3 bit is huge. This is available anywhere in the country (depending on your provider, but it can be cracked as explained in the post above me), and on college campuses and US military bases all over the world. Tons of accessibility and a great promotional tool for NDSU. Kinda wish we could get these games on there at home but it's a start!

badger04
08-02-2011, 11:39 AM
A couple of the football games will on Fox College Sports and maybe on Comcast Sports Chicago.

bisonmike2
08-02-2011, 01:53 PM
It's a start, but I'm going to channel my Lakes here for a second.

"WE NEED MORE GAMES ON FSN!"

DjKyRo
08-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Post from a Lafayette fan:

Lafayette has all of our games televised, so NDSU will be on all over the East Coast as well. Eastern Pa, Western NJ, NYC, DC -Maryland, and parts of New England get all Lafayette games, so that will be a new market for NDSU.

MNLonghorn10
08-02-2011, 03:23 PM
It's a start, but I'm going to channel my Lakes here for a second.

"WE NEED MORE GAMES ON FSN!"

FREE LAKES!!

THEsocalledfan
08-02-2011, 05:10 PM

No arguments, Dj, but I am looking for PROGRESS. When Joe was still around, we had 2 games on FSN in one year. That has not happened since. NDSU has had the NBC things for a while (thus my who cares comments-it is not progress), but very little exposure in that critical market called Minneapolis/St. Paul. Midco did not take away from the NBC games, and gets it to more potential recruites in SD, so minor progress.

TheBisonator
08-02-2011, 06:45 PM
Whoever in Eastern Minnesota on this thread is bitching about not getting games on TV: Dude, I can get ESPN3 now from my campus in another country (I found a way), and all the games will be available online to me. (Plus, I won't have to resort a lot to opposing teams websites, I can go to Midco online) If you have a computer, you can pick up Bison games from anywhere in the world. Plus, there's hookups where you can attach a webcast to your big screen TV. Bars everywhere around North America do this.

And ESPN3 is a big deal, nuts to whoever said it wasn't. You're basically reaching out to all internet users in the US with ESPN3. Plus the ESPN3 games may also be shown live on an alternate channel on DirecTV/Dish with a sports package.

This is awesome news for me personally. I have a question though: Does Big Ten Network have live streaming games online, even if you have to pay?? (I don't care if I have to pay)

TheBisonator
08-02-2011, 06:52 PM
Here's what I thin k the general reach area for people will be with this schedule. And remember, ALL GAMES will be available online.

Sept. 3 LAFAYETTE - This may be broadcast in Pennsylvania, there may be a DirecTV 600's channel showing this as well.

Sept. 10 SAINT FRANCIS, PA. (North Dakota NBC Network) - All of ND, parts of SD, NW Minn.

Sept. 24 at Minnesota (Big Ten Network) - EVERYWHERE

Oct. 1 ILLINOIS STATE (North Dakota NBC Network) - All of ND, parts of SD, NW Minn.

Oct. 8 at Southern Illinois (ESPN3) - Available online EVERYWHERE, may be picked up by a DirecTV 600's alternate

Oct. 15 MISSOURI STATE (Midco Sports Network) - Available most of the Dakotas, Eastern Montana, Northern Nebraska, Western Minn.

Oct. 22 at South Dakota State (Midco Sports Network) - Available most of the Dakotas, Eastern Montana, Northern Nebraska, Western Minn.

Oct. 29 NORTHERN IOWA (KXJB/CBS-Fargo – Fox College Sports Central) - Available to EVERYONE EVERYWHERE with DirecTV/Dish/Digital Cable

Nov. 5 at Indiana State (ESPN3) - Available online EVERYWHERE, may be picked up by a DirecTV 600's alternate

Nov. 12 YOUNGSTOWN STATE (North Dakota NBC Network) - All of ND, parts of SD, NW Minn.

Nov. 19 at Western Illinois (KXJB/CBS-Fargo) - Looks like just the RRV (This may be the WIU student station feed)

tcbison
08-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Whoever in Eastern Minnesota on this thread is bitching about not getting games on TV: Dude, I can get ESPN3 now from my campus in another country (I found a way), and all the games will be available online to me. (Plus, I won't have to resort a lot to opposing teams websites, I can go to Midco online) If you have a computer, you can pick up Bison games from anywhere in the world. Plus, there's hookups where you can attach a webcast to your big screen TV. Bars everywhere around North America do this.

And ESPN3 is a big deal, nuts to whoever said it wasn't. You're basically reaching out to all internet users in the US with ESPN3. Plus the ESPN3 games may also be shown live on an alternate channel on DirecTV/Dish with a sports package.

This is awesome news for me personally. I have a question though: Does Big Ten Network have live streaming games online, even if you have to pay?? (I don't care if I have to pay)

How does this Midco online work? Can I access it from the Twin Cities somehow? Thanks.

TheBisonator
08-02-2011, 06:57 PM
How does this Midco online work? Can I access it from the Twin Cities somehow? Thanks.

I remember being able to watch the Summit basketball tourney games (on Midco SportsNet) from Midco Online, though I thought I recall having to pay 5 bucks for a game.

On another note: I'm wondering if this means NDSU has signed a contract with Midco Sports?? Will they start advertising NDSU games on the on-air promos now??

duluthbison
08-04-2011, 06:54 AM
Thought this was interesting:

http://fastcache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/17/2011/08/all-isps-over-time_copy.jpg

http://lifehacker.com/5827128/does-your-isp-meet-its-advertised-speed-rates

Hammersmith
08-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Have the big networks(ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, ESPN) all selected their games yet? Outside of a Twins or Gopher hockey conflict, that has the biggest impact on whether we get on FSN or not. FSN can't sign a contract with us until they know whether there is going to be a national Fox Sports game conflict or not. If there's a conflict, there's nothing FSN or NDSU can do except change the game time. That might work in some cases, but not all. I don't know if the national TV schedules for the first part of the season are set yet, so some things might still be up in the air. I do know that the networks meet once or twice during the season to figure out the latter half of the season, so that's a reason why the UNI game is not an FSN lock. I'm still holding out hope for that one.

Twentysix
08-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Thought this was interesting:

http://fastcache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/17/2011/08/all-isps-over-time_copy.jpg

http://lifehacker.com/5827128/does-your-isp-meet-its-advertised-speed-rates

Century link is the only provider in fm on that chart.

SDbison
08-04-2011, 05:11 PM
I agree with socalledfan. This news is not that great unless you live in ND, have Midco, or get ESPN3 from your internet provider (I live near Sioux Falls and none of that helps since limited options for TV and Internet in rural area.
Lots of fluff with little progress or change.......record 10 games, but UND had that kind of coverage for years in DII.
So when will NDSU get 2 or 3 games on FSN in one season? Is someone trying to grow NDSU to be the FCS team with the most regional coverage in the midwest?
Its all about exposure and the Bison are losing a great opportunity. Get those Alumni in Minneapolis excited about the Bison. Also, get more interest from recruits.

THEsocalledfan
08-04-2011, 05:54 PM
I agree with socalledfan. This news is not that great unless you live in ND, have Midco, or get ESPN3 from your internet provider (I live near Sioux Falls and none of that helps since limited options for TV and Internet in rural area.
Lots of fluff with little progress or change.......record 10 games, but UND had that kind of coverage for years in DII.
So when will NDSU get 2 or 3 games on FSN in one season? Is someone trying to grow NDSU to be the FCS team with the most regional coverage in the midwest?
Its all about exposure and the Bison are losing a great opportunity. Get those Alumni in Minneapolis excited about the Bison. Also, get more interest from recruits.

SD, you have a major error in your logic:

That world revolves around Fargo, and so this is good enough. To do more may take deeper investments (like NDSU producing its own broadcasts) and ruffling feathers (FSN would probably not want it on statewide NBC; the 10 potential recruits in Western ND are much more important than the 100 in the cities....). Also, Fargo excels to such a degree in awesomness that expanding exposure, appeal, and recruiting base are just not important.

56BISON73
08-04-2011, 07:03 PM
SD, you have a major error in your logic:

That world revolves around Fargo, and so this is good enough. To do more may take deeper investments (like NDSU producing its own broadcasts) and ruffling feathers (FSN would probably not want it on statewide NBC; the 10 potential recruits in Western ND are much more important than the 100 in the cities....). Also, Fargo excels to such a degree in awesomness that expanding exposure, appeal, and recruiting base are just not important.

I heard this was in the works.

DjKyRo
08-04-2011, 07:03 PM
For what it's worth, another post from a Lafayette fan:

The September 3, 2011 game vs. Lafayette will be available live to about 31 million people in the northeast as well - over the air, via satellite and via cable. This will be of interest to folks who read the very complimentary article about NDSU in the Wall Street Journal.

RunDMc34
08-04-2011, 07:40 PM

So you are saying this is great news for me!

CHADSTAUS
08-08-2011, 12:32 AM
I find it's just easier to go to the games. Cable TV is hard to figure out.:)

Herd
08-08-2011, 02:03 AM
Is there any chance that Midco would be picked up on a DTV channel, similar to all the FSN channels? Is Midco like FSN or Comcast with the potential for being carried on the sports package, or just small potatoes?

JustinTyem
08-08-2011, 08:11 PM
Can you say..................... http://channelsurfing.ws/ !!!!! Hells Ya!!!!

MN_Moose
08-09-2011, 04:03 PM
We have this:

Sat, Oct 29 North Dakota State * Fargo, N.D. 3 p.m.
Fox College Sports Central