PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Bracketbuster

duluthbison
07-11-2011, 06:29 PM
NDSU will be hosting an ESPN bracketbuster game at the BSA in February!

More information here:

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/326544/group/homepage/

TheBisonator
07-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Let's hope it'll be on one of the ESPN brothers this time. (At least ESPN3.com!!)

roadwarrior
07-11-2011, 06:43 PM
This might be news for the Forum, but definitely old news here.

duluthbison
07-11-2011, 06:51 PM
This might be news for the Forum, but definitely old news here.

Damn, I looked around here but didn't see anything.

roadwarrior
07-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Damn, I looked around here but didn't see anything.

Right here: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23321

Golden Eagle
07-20-2011, 05:54 PM
Glad to see more Summit teams playing in this.

I understand that Kampe never wants to play in the ESPN Bracketbuster because "His #1 focus is on winning the league." It sure has worked over the past few seasons!

I still think it's better for the conference profile to get out there and beat some other mid-majors.

TheBisonator
07-20-2011, 06:28 PM
Glad to see more Summit teams playing in this.

I understand that Kampe never wants to play in the ESPN Bracketbuster because "His #1 focus is on winning the league." It sure has worked over the past few seasons!

I still think it's better for the conference profile to get out there and beat some other mid-majors.

Winning the league is great, but they haven't done dick in the tourney...

Twentysix
07-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Winning the league is great, but they haven't done dick in the tourney...

This is true.

ndsubison1
07-21-2011, 01:50 AM
id like to see a summit-horizon or summit-big sky challenge. that would be sweet

Twentysix
07-22-2011, 08:22 AM
id like to see a summit-horizon or summit-big sky challenge. that would be sweet

Summit sky

or summit southland would be cool

The top 5 of the Horizon would probably curb stomp all of the summit. But you could almost already say there was a challenge.

Maybe the top 1 and 2 team in the summit would be competive with the #4 #5 in the horizon.

Wright st (5) beat Oakland (1) by 3.

Milwaukee (3) beat SDSU (5) by 12.

Valpo (4) beat IPFW (4) by 16 and Oakland (1) by 1

Green Bay (7) beat NDSU (7) by 2 and lost to IUPUI (3) by 17

6 interleague games isnt to bad.

Summit went 1-5 against the Horizon.

I'm sure Butler wont touch a game with anyone shy of Oakland.

TheBisonator
07-22-2011, 04:07 PM
Summit sky

or summit southland would be cool

The top 5 of the Horizon would probably curb stomp all of the summit. But you could almost already say there was a challenge.

Maybe the top 1 and 2 team in the summit would be competive with the #4 #5 in the horizon.

Wright st (5) beat Oakland (1) by 3.

Milwaukee (3) beat SDSU (5) by 12.

Valpo (4) beat IPFW (4) by 16 and Oakland (1) by 1

Green Bay (7) beat NDSU (7) by 2 and lost to IUPUI (3) by 17

6 interleague games isnt to bad.

Summit went 1-5 against the Horizon.

I'm sure Butler wont touch a game with anyone shy of Oakland.

I think Summit vs. Big Sky would be the best one. We'd probably hold the advantage over the Big Sky in most games.

grizz
07-24-2011, 03:47 PM
Losing to number 7 team in country Texas by 4 points is not doing dick? Seem to me u thought u did well against a Kansas team that beat you by more then four. Wonder if you will ever get another chance?

344Johnson
07-25-2011, 05:40 AM
Losing to number 7 team in country Texas by 4 points is not doing dick? Seem to me u thought u did well against a Kansas team that beat you by more then four. Wonder if you will ever get another chance?

Ok, Kansas was better than Texas for starters. And while I did not watch the texas/Oakland game, I know that NDSU had leads in the game against Kansas. Will we ever get another chance at Kansas? I don't know, I wouldn't call it another chance anyway considering the players are all different now but will we get another chance in the Dance? Sooner or later we will. We have a young team who can hopefully pull it together in the next few years, just kind of depends I guess.

Another reason one could down Oakland for(I don't, I thought they were a very good team), is that our team who in all honesty was pretty mediocre this year had the ball with a chance to win at Oakland this year. This is not me trashing Oakland, if I saw them playing a big school I cheered for them every time.

BACK TO BRACKETBUSTER DISCUSSION, this is pretty neat, I would like to see NDSU getting a game on ESPN.

DjKyRo
07-25-2011, 06:49 AM
Ok, Kansas was better than Texas for starters.

Very debatable.

EndZoneQB
07-25-2011, 12:50 PM
Very debatable.

I don't there is much debate here. Texas was by far the better team. Kansas was good, but Texas should have been a legitimate title contender last year.

TheBisonator
07-25-2011, 03:06 PM
I don't there is much debate here. Texas was by far the better team. Kansas was good, but Texas should have been a legitimate title contender last year.

Kansas got to the Final Four in 2009. Texas did not in 2011.

grizz
07-25-2011, 07:37 PM
My point was not to debate between Kansas and Texas, it was that NDSU played a great game against a national power and made the league look good. Oakland did the same against Texas. To say Oakland didn't do dick is my point. Also, Oakland has won 50 of it's last 53 league games. Do you think anyone cares that one of the wins was an averge team that came down to the last posession. That is something I would expect to read on the SDSU board.

344Johnson
07-25-2011, 08:24 PM
My point was not to debate between Kansas and Texas, it was that NDSU played a great game against a national power and made the league look good. Oakland did the same against Texas. To say Oakland didn't do dick is my point. Also, Oakland has won 50 of it's last 53 league games. Do you think anyone cares that one of the wins was an averge team that came down to the last posession. That is something I would expect to read on the SDSU board.

Or the UND board. I was not intending to say it makes it any less of a win. 50 of its last 53? I didn't know that, that is very impressive. Hopefully after this year it has two more losses.

DjKyRo
07-25-2011, 08:29 PM

Negatory. In 2009 Kansas beat us, then Dayton to make it to the Sweet 16 but lost to Michigan State.

EndZoneQB
07-25-2011, 11:17 PM

Hence the reason I said "should have been a legitimate title contender". They broke down like a Rick Barnes team generally does. I watch almost every game they play, so it's not like I'm just throwing something at the wall here.

LOL. The bold part is funny. Anyway, most people believe that Oakland had the toughest draw of a 13-4 matchup. Texas was probably the "best" #4 seed in the tournament...even tho they sort of failed(again) during the tournament. They were also almost the "perfect match" for Oakland, being able to guard Benson. Trust me, as a Texas fan I was scared...and as a Summit fan, I was upset with the matchup because I thought Oakland was built to make a legit run this year. They definitely made it a game with Texas, tho.