PDA

View Full Version : Season Tickets

aces1180
07-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Mine arrived in the mail today! I'm fired up!

westnodak93bison
07-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Got my two sets in the mail today as well.

17>1
07-07-2011, 09:21 PM
Aaaahhh, this just made my day, hearing people are starting to get their tickets. I had forgotten about them coming until right now. Can't wait to check the mail in the morning :)

cbline
07-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Got my two tickets on July 7th. What a nice birthday present for my now 17-year-old daughter!!! She loves going to games in her green and gold bib overalls. BTW, she also has an NDSU campus tour set for mid-August.

BisBison
07-07-2011, 11:43 PM
Got my early Christmas present today---Three sweet season tickets.:hungry:

Tatanka
07-08-2011, 12:31 AM
Got our 11.... can't wait.

Bison"FANatic"
07-08-2011, 01:37 AM
Got mine today and nice to see NDSU will be working with Midcon for some games. I have heard fiber is going into the BSA so maybe we will see more basketball games on region wide also.

EndZoneQB
07-08-2011, 02:29 AM
Got my two tickets on July 7th. What a nice birthday present for my now 17-year-old daughter!!! She loves going to games in her green and gold bib overalls. BTW, she also has an NDSU campus tour set for mid-August.

I'll give your 17 year old daughter a birthday present....err, that's next year.*

*unless I can get her to Minnesota then she can have it early**
**but not too early as to be disappointing***
***TWSS

MNLonghorn10
07-08-2011, 02:32 AM
I'll give your 17 year old daughter a birthday present....err, that's next year.*

***TWSS

well done sir nice c-c-c-combo

4mcruenomore
07-08-2011, 03:51 AM
got mine today!! best seats ever

perthbison
07-08-2011, 04:22 AM

***TWSS
Cbline, you nee to keep your daughter away from this guy.

cbline
07-08-2011, 12:53 PM

***TWSS

Hey, back off. Underage daughters are off limits.

EndZoneQB
07-08-2011, 01:36 PM

Haha, I couldn't resist since you mentioned age. :) :hide:

Superfan
07-08-2011, 01:44 PM

***TWSS

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0xToZLlI3Eo/Tgx1Bj9m9sI/AAAAAAAAI78/AyEFs0OkJkw/s1600/chris_hansen.gif

Twentysix
07-08-2011, 01:58 PM

Not underage in moorehead.

TransAmBison
07-08-2011, 02:45 PM
At home last night I asked my wife if there was anything interesting in the mail. She doesn't even look up and just mumbles that there wasn't anything important. I ask how about tickets and she responds with a, "Oh yeah those came," in a very non-interested sort of way. Women.

TAILG8R
07-08-2011, 02:58 PM
Got ours yesterday as well, all 21! Can't wait for another season!

TransAmBison
07-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Got ours yesterday as well, all 21! Can't wait for another season!
After taking that picture you rolled around naked in those tickets didn't you?:facepalm: :D

Bison"FANatic"
07-08-2011, 03:10 PM
After taking that picture you rolled around naked in those tickets didn't you?:facepalm: :D

poor ticket taker lady:( :( :( :( :(

TAILG8R
07-08-2011, 04:18 PM

Actually I dumped them all out and swam around in them like Scrooge McDuck.

http://www.fowlblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Scrooge-in-gold-coins.png

EndZoneQB
07-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Section 29, row G huh? Isn't that Hando's row? I know I'm 28 row H so if you haven't had those seats before, bring your ear plugs because I'll be loud.

TAILG8R
07-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Section 29, row G huh? Isn't that Hando's row? I know I'm 28 row H so if you haven't had those seats before, bring your ear plugs because I'll be loud.

Oh trust me, everyone in our group remembers you, Hando and Sav. Remembers, yeah that is the word I was looking for.

EndZoneQB
07-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Oh trust me, everyone in our group remembers you, Hando and Sav. Remembers, yeah that is the word I was looking for.

That's not good lol runtheoption sits in front of us too. It's a little bisonville party over there.

HandoEX
07-08-2011, 05:27 PM
I will be drinking milk and knitting in Section 29, row G this season :facepalm:

4mcruenomore
07-08-2011, 05:46 PM
Be sure to wave and laugh at us when you see where we are sitting, oh, and be jealous! ha!

Twentysix
07-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Any updates on the # of season tickets?

TheBisonator
07-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Any updates on the # of season tickets?

I heard just over 9,300 a couple weeks ago. It may be different now.

HandoEX
07-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Be sure to wave and laugh at us when you see where we are sitting, oh, and be jealous! ha!

Are they better than your top row endzone seats for the playoff game in the Dome last season? Nothing was funnier than watching your goofy butt dancing by yourself in the top row of the Section 8 :rofl:

56BISON73
07-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Mine arrived today.:)

Ferd
07-08-2011, 10:17 PM
Got mine yesterday. I can't wait for Sept 3.:)

TAILG8R
07-10-2011, 11:24 PM
I will be drinking milk and knitting in Section 29, row G this season :facepalm:

Are you no longer allowed to drink before games after last years face plant into the seats in front of you?

56BISON73
07-11-2011, 01:00 AM
Are you no longer allowed to drink before games after last years face plant into the seats in front of you?

Pictures?????:facepalm2:

SDbison
07-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Repeat posting from countdown thread since this really belongs here:

I just called the ticket office. Sales are going well, but they expect it to only get back to the level of 2 years ago (9300 to 9400). I asked if they thought total sales had any chance of going over 9500 and they said no. I assume the economy has a bit of an impact and those sitting on the fence are likely not convinced after what can be considered a fluke getting into the playoffs last year. Big test for this year is whether the Bison can win the big conference games.

TheBisonator
07-11-2011, 02:23 PM

I just called the ticket office. Sales are going well, but they expect it to only get back to the level of 2 years ago (9300 to 9400). I asked if they thought total sales had any chance of going over 9500 and they said no. I assume the economy has a bit of an impact and those sitting on the fence are likely not convinced after what can be considered a fluke getting into the playoffs last year. Big test for this year is whether the Bison can win the big conference games.

If they're already past 9,300, who's to say they won't sell another 200 tickets in the next 7 weeks??

TAILG8R
07-11-2011, 03:04 PM
If they're already past 9,300, who's to say they won't sell another 200 tickets in the next 7 weeks??

Also, I assume there are always a few that end up buying 'season tickets' after the first couple wins of the year.

EndZoneQB
07-11-2011, 04:11 PM

SD sighting! Missed your rhetoric around here!

runtheoption
07-11-2011, 04:46 PM
SD sighting! Missed your rhetoric around here!

I think he has been busy getting prepared for his debut as an honorary starter at the Masters. They are gonna start calling this the "Really Big 4" with the addition of SD.

http://www.pga.com/news/pga-tour/gary-player-be-honorary-starter-masters-joining-arnold-palmer-jack-nicklaus

We got our seats too, same old end zone spot. You will be above us a few rows again...my kids say, "Dad, you are loud, but that guy is really loud" when referring to you.

EndZoneQB
07-11-2011, 07:33 PM
I think he has been busy getting prepared for his debut as an honorary starter at the Masters. They are gonna start calling this the "Really Big 4" with the addition of SD.

http://www.pga.com/news/pga-tour/gary-player-be-honorary-starter-masters-joining-arnold-palmer-jack-nicklaus

We got our seats too, same old end zone spot. You will be above us a few rows again...my kids say, "Dad, you are loud, but that guy is really loud" when referring to you.

LOL, sorry!

HerdBot
07-17-2011, 05:47 PM

Thats ok. The levels of a few years ago were huge. We really blew the chance to take the program to the next level when interest was at an all time high after the 2007 season by putting together a 6-5 and 3-8 season. If we can put together a great run this year and next year we will see record everything. A win over the Gophers will start a frenzy like 3 years ago. A conference championship will take us to the next level. A playoff run will have an even bigger impact. 2012 will set records across the board. Its all about winning and capitalizing on it from the marketing end. With success means we see the SHAC get built faster as donors love winning. Teammakers will see record donations which will trickle down to other sports like baseball. This is a big year.

And if the basketball team can get to the Big Dance, look out!

TheBisonator
07-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Thats ok. The levels of a few years ago were huge. We really blew the chance to take the program to the next level when interest was at an all time high after the 2007 season by putting together a 6-5 and 3-8 season. If we can put together a great run this year and next year we will see record everything. A win over the Gophers will start a frenzy like 3 years ago. A conference championship will take us to the next level. A playoff run will have an even bigger impact. 2012 will set records across the board. Its all about winning and capitalizing on it from the marketing end. With success means we see the SHAC get built faster as donors love winning. Teammakers will see record donations which will trickle down to other sports like baseball. This is a big year.

And if the basketball team can get to the Big Dance, look out!

If the Winnipeg Blue Bombers can sell over 21,000 season tickets, I have no doubt that the Bison can sell at least 11-12,000 season tix.

Twentysix
07-17-2011, 07:24 PM
If the Winnipeg Blue Bombers can sell over 21,000 season tickets, I have no doubt that the Bison can sell at least 11-12,000 season tix.

Winnipeg is also 3 times the size of the FM metro.

TheBisonator
07-17-2011, 08:34 PM
Winnipeg is also 3 times the size of the FM metro.

But they play in a stadium that's only 50 percent bigger than ours. (19,287 compared to 29,553 for CanadInns) Plus, they average just over 27,000 per game compared to our 16-17,000 for the regular season, which is maybe 70-80 percent more. So mathematically, we should have at least 2/3 of their season ticket sales going by fan trends.

Of course, I'm comparing us to a CFL team, but the football fan trends in both cities are very similar.

HerdBot
07-17-2011, 09:31 PM
But they play in a stadium that's only 50 percent bigger than ours. (19,287 compared to 29,553 for CanadInns) Plus, they average just over 27,000 per game compared to our 16-17,000 for the regular season, which is maybe 70-80 percent more. So mathematically, we should have at least 2/3 of their season ticket sales going by fan trends.

Of course, I'm comparing us to a CFL team, but the football fan trends in both cities are very similar.

The culture in canada is not football. They love hockey and curling more than football. Curling is huge. Then again the CFL is the only football up there that matters. Do they have college football in canada?

Twentysix
07-18-2011, 12:56 AM
The culture in canada is not football. They love hockey and curling more than football. Curling is huge. Then again the CFL is the only football up there that matters. Do they have college football in canada?

Where would the CFL players come from if candian college/universities didnt have football? Not only that but Simon Frasher in Vancouver(Burnaby) plays NCAA division 2 football.

JSUBison
07-18-2011, 12:56 AM

Yes they do, and you can't argue with their choice of mascot either. Spelling maybe, but not the choice.

http://www.thesportsbank.net/core/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/uofmanitoba.jpg

Twentysix
07-18-2011, 01:01 AM
Yes they do, and you can't argue with their choice of mascot either. Spelling maybe, but not the choice.

http://www.thesportsbank.net/core/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/uofmanitoba.jpg

Im pretty sure bisons is french plural for bison. not 100% though.

I think it would be neat if more canadian schools join the NCAA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Northwest_Athletic_Conference

HerdBot
07-18-2011, 02:33 AM
Where would the CFL players come from if candian college/universities didnt have football? Not only that but Simon Frasher in Vancouver(Burnaby) plays NCAA division 2 football.

Where does that rank? After womens softball and below rugby and lacrosse?

HerdBot
07-18-2011, 02:33 AM
Im pretty sure bisons is french plural for bison. not 100% though.

I think it would be neat if more canadian schools join the NCAA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Northwest_Athletic_Conference

Thats pretty funny.

BisoninNWMN
07-23-2011, 11:46 AM
Where do we stand with our FB season tickets now?

Would be pretty cool to get to 11K in '11!

GO BISON

SDbison
07-23-2011, 01:40 PM
Where do we stand with our FB season tickets now?

Would be pretty cool to get to 11K in '11!

GO BISON
When I checked a couple weeks ago there were only about 9300 season tickets sold and the ticket office said they doubted it would go above 9500. Remember, the vast majority have already secured their season tickets.
Then again, why would there be an exceptional number sold? The poor effort for "10,000 strong" campaign failed miserably last year. What unique things is marketing doing? I hear they are driving around to couple dozen places in the state and handing out stickers.......wow! Does NDSU realize how much of the student population comes from Minnesota? Most of Minnesota should be included in the marketing effort too.
It took about 3 years to get the new lighting in the dome that should have been completed before last season. This season should have been the season for new turf and the tailgating improvements. That along with some good marketing and last seasons success could have created some more interest........now will just have to wait until next year.
So it's nearly a month until the first game and where is the 2011 football commercial? Did I miss it?

Gully
07-23-2011, 01:59 PM
The new fb commercial will be posted on Facebook on Monday.

Tatanka
07-23-2011, 02:24 PM
When I checked a couple weeks ago there were only about 9300 season tickets sold and the ticket office said they doubted it would go above 9500. Remember, the vast majority have already secured their season tickets.
Then again, why would there be an exceptional number sold? The poor effort for "10,000 strong" campaign failed miserably last year. What unique things is marketing doing? I hear they are driving around to couple dozen places in the state and handing out stickers.......wow! Does NDSU realize how much of the student population comes from Minnesota? Most of Minnesota should be included in the marketing effort too.
It took about 3 years to get the new lighting in the dome that should have been completed before last season. This season should have been the season for new turf and the tailgating improvements. That along with some good marketing and last seasons success could have created some more interest........now will just have to wait until next year.
So it's nearly a month until the first game and where is the 2011 football commercial? Did I miss it?

I hear you SD. They're going to a few Minnesota cities after they get back from the ND tour... Agree the marketing effort is still less than but they do seem to be almost half ass trying this year, which sadly is an improvement...

1998braves64
07-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Also in some regards the marketing has to come word of mouth from the students themselves, and with many of the students coming from MN (ie the cities) I don't think a majority of them give a rip about the atheletics department after they leave school, they may go to a few games to pass time but what is happening is you're getting too many passive fans from the 14,000 without really creating a following and as been mentioned before make a couple decent playoff runs a few years in a row (we made a good start last year!) and that part will come around. I really believe the fan base as a whole will be better served the more rabid you make your student fans, they will keep out the passive ones who don't care one way or another and are just there for "fun". So when they graduate they will remember that and will want to return to that year after year. Wouldn't you say the rowdiest fanbases in FBS are the ones who have their student sections packed? (Nebraska, Penn State, Wisconsin, Texas...)

MN_BISON
07-23-2011, 09:56 PM
I hear you SD. They're going to a few Minnesota cities after they get back from the ND tour... Agree the marketing effort is still less than but they do seem to be almost half ass trying this year, which sadly is an improvement...

What cities in MN?

GradBison
08-02-2011, 10:00 PM
9300 season tickets sold so far.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/329097/group/homepage/