PDA

View Full Version : Who is your Offensive MVP for 2011?

ndsubison1
07-07-2011, 04:55 AM
Who you got...

DjKyRo
07-07-2011, 05:08 AM
This isn't going to be totally one-sided...

semobison
07-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Usually MVP's are given out at the end of the season!

Tatanka
07-07-2011, 01:31 PM
OTHER: Whoever's at QB.

DJ will get his, but the only way NDSU gets to where they want to be is by keeping the defense off the field as much as possible. Long, sustained drives are key. Running game alone won't get it done.

BadlandsBison
07-07-2011, 02:47 PM
OTHER: Whoever's at QB.

DJ will get his, but the only way NDSU gets to where they want to be is by keeping the defense off the field as much as possible. Long, sustained drives are key. Running game alone won't get it done.

Tatanka for offensive coordinator :judges:

344Johnson
07-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Tatanka for offensive coordinator :judges:

I think that Vigen will disagree with Tatanka's assessment that running wont do it alone.

Tatanka
07-07-2011, 03:09 PM
I am far from being an elite football mind. Big question is whether or not this simple concept makes it into the gameplan

MNLonghorn10
07-07-2011, 04:06 PM
billy turner? vigen has a better chance at winning this than him

Twentysix
07-08-2011, 03:20 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2012_RB

Does anyone think at #26 mcnorton will see a spot on an nfl team?

What were past NDSU rb's listed at before their senior season?

TR was ranked at 35 after his sr season.

PP was ranked 25 after his sr season.

Grizzled
07-08-2011, 03:28 AM
Sam Ojuri, he's more talented than DJ and he'll get a lot of touches this year.

Twentysix
07-08-2011, 03:33 AM

I hope this is true. Cause DJ is pretty dang good. If Ojuri turns out to be even better that would be fantastic!

EndZoneQB
07-08-2011, 03:56 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2012_RB

Does anyone think at #26 mcnorton will see a spot on an nfl team?

What were past NDSU rb's listed at before their senior season?

TR was ranked at 35 after his sr season.

PP was ranked 25 after his sr season.

If Pat was a better receiver I bet he would have stuck with the Pats. DJ is a good receiver.

MNLonghorn10
07-08-2011, 04:56 AM

great analysis.

ndsubison1
07-08-2011, 05:34 AM

i hope he gets a lot of touches this year. two springs ago he was my favorite to win the starting job

SamsRams
07-08-2011, 07:14 AM
veldman
I look like a genius if it happens :bow: :bow:

Retired Ol' Ball Coach
07-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Sometimes i wonder about some of you? 2000yds last year, and some of you are still talking about , sam has more talent than Dj. All I can say is; if he does, you want see it this year. All i'm saying is, give DJ his credit, for what he has done. DJ carries will go up, and don't be Suprise if you see him returning punts &

Bison"FANatic"
07-08-2011, 12:19 PM
One thing I have seen out Bohl it is that he doesn't seem to like to have his starting running back returning punts or kicks to often. I can't waite to watch DJ this year in the backfield. The one thing NDSU knows how to do it is have our running backs ready to go. Man can we recognize and develop RB talent.

steelbison
07-08-2011, 01:36 PM

Says who???? Pretty tough to top what DJ did last year and what he will do this fall.

Also, what do you consider a lot of touches? Under Bohl the back up RB has never had a huge role. He will get carries but DJ will get 75-80 percent of the work.

Retired Ol' Ball Coach
07-08-2011, 07:32 PM
One thing I have seen out Bohl it is that he doesn't seem to like to have his starting running back returning punts or kicks to often. I can't waite to watch DJ this year in the backfield. The one thing NDSU knows how to do it is have our running backs ready to go. Man can we recognize and develop RB talent. I don't think Bohl has had a running back like DJ, since he has been at NDSU. Have any of you ever thought about, all these great rb from NDSU ; it might be the system.

westnodak93bison
07-08-2011, 07:43 PM
I don't think Bohl has had a running back like DJ, since he has been at NDSU. Have any of you ever thought about, all these great rb from NDSU ; it might be the system.

The system works. DJ has improved greatly. Bohl will be afraid to use him on special teams especially if others prove capable in fall camp. We must keep him healthy imho.

Twentysix
07-08-2011, 07:46 PM
It sure would be a waste to get dj hurt on a full speed collision returing a kick.

Fightin' Bison
07-08-2011, 07:56 PM
Is this a poll for Offensive MVP of the MVC or for FCS? :bow:

ndsubison1
07-08-2011, 08:05 PM
Sometimes i wonder about some of you? 2000yds last year, and some of you are still talking about , sam has more talent than Dj. All I can say is; if he does, you want see it this year. All i'm saying is, give DJ his credit, for what he has done. DJ carries will go up, and don't be Suprise if you see him returning punts &

for as dangerous as DJ is I personally hope they dont use him at PR or KR. which i dont think they will anyways. smith and ojuri will do the majority of it

JustinTyem
07-08-2011, 08:27 PM
Is this a poll for Offensive MVP of the MVC or for FCS? :bow:

How about its just for the Bison

DjKyRo
07-09-2011, 01:10 AM
CBS Sports lists their top prospects for the NFL draft in 2012, DJ McNorton listed as the #25 RB. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2012_RB

:)

4mcruenomore
07-09-2011, 04:21 AM
other, Thorton when Brock sucks it up and is benched.

DjKyRo
07-09-2011, 04:48 AM
other, Thorton when Brock sucks it up and is benched.

As soon as I saw 4mcrue with the most recent post on this thread, I hoped for exactly this. :)

4mcruenomore
07-09-2011, 05:23 AM
As soon as I saw 4mcrue with the most recent post on this thread, I hoped for exactly this. :)

What you don't know is that Wentz might be better, what? O sh*t.
Thee 2 best QB's besides Kevin to come out of ND, wow, NDSU football is lucky.

NDSUFan_Sav
07-09-2011, 05:39 AM
who really cares who our starting QB is as long as they're getting it done

DjKyRo
07-09-2011, 05:40 AM

I watched Esley and Carson play for plenty of time in Bismarck (played against Esley, several times). I know what they bring to the table.

ndsubison1
07-09-2011, 06:13 AM

brooks bollinger?

Twentysix
07-09-2011, 06:30 AM
brooks bollinger?

Oh snap he just dropped a pro.

4mcruenomore
07-09-2011, 06:50 AM
who really cares who our starting QB is as long as they're getting it done

It's called, being proud of North Dakota, I do care where they come from. After all, it is NORTH DAKOTA state university. And as of right now, none of the out of staters have gotten it done. UND Mertens was a fucking disaster. We have 2 of the best QB's ever on the roster of NDSU, support them.

ndsubison1
07-09-2011, 09:06 AM
Oh snap he just dropped a pro.

Randy Hedberg. Chris Berg. Mike Tschider. Waye Terry

ndsubisonx
07-09-2011, 10:37 AM
McNorton for Walter Payton!!!

Scooter1
07-09-2011, 03:07 PM
It's called, being proud of North Dakota, I do care where they come from. After all, it is NORTH DAKOTA state university. And as of right now, none of the out of staters have gotten it done. UND Mertens was a fucking disaster. We have 2 of the best QB's ever on the roster of NDSU, support them.

Can't we all just get along? I live in Moorhead MN, which means I live about 100 times closer to NDSU than someone in Bismarck. Most of these MN kids live about as far away (OR CLOSER) to NDSU as a kid from Bismarck. It's not the fault of the coach that 85% of the talent within 300 miles of NDSU is either south or east of NDSU.

I have to say, I did watch the highlight videos for those High School recruits and Carlton Littlejohn and Christain Dudzik looked phenominal.. I agree...we should support them.

And BTW Mertens has absolutely nothing to do with UND. He was a Bison and always will be a Bison and welcome at my table any time.

Also...LOVE the signature pic....although....I don't see many North Dakota kids on that pic...just sayin.

MN_BISON
07-09-2011, 03:09 PM

Support the whole f'n team, they're all from Nodak now and wear the colors with pride.

344Johnson
07-09-2011, 09:50 PM
I watched Esley and Carson play for plenty of time in Bismarck (played against Esley, several times). I know what they bring to the table.

I played against Esley a few times in my day too, intercepted him once in 8th grade, I saw a whole lot of green ahead of me and then next thing I know, me and one of the chain gang are laying on the ground....hardest hit I ever experienced...still hurts thinking about it.

Grizzled
07-10-2011, 09:42 PM
Says who???? Pretty tough to top what DJ did last year and what he will do this fall.

Also, what do you consider a lot of touches? Under Bohl the back up RB has never had a huge role. He will get carries but DJ will get 75-80 percent of the work.

Sorry, I didn't know the title of the thread was "Who is steelbison's Offensive MVP for 2011."

I'm going off of my opinion from watching him as a freshmen and in springball and also what I have heard talking to people who are around these two a lot more than you or I. I never said DJ didn't have a great year or the year he had last year wasn't great. That doesn't mean a guy who wasn't on the roster last year isn't better. Sam wasn't even elgible to play. As far as my definition of a lot of touches, its more than 75-80%. I guess we'll see who's opinion is correct. I just think DJ is very consistent but Sam will be a game breaker.

ndsubison1
07-11-2011, 06:42 AM
I played against Esley a few times in my day too, intercepted him once in 8th grade, I saw a whole lot of green ahead of me and then next thing I know, me and one of the chain gang are laying on the ground....hardest hit I ever experienced...still hurts thinking about it.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk194/Chris_Rogers/Funny%20Pictures/notsureifbrag.jpg

Twentysix
07-11-2011, 07:10 AM
If 344 could intercept him we should cut his scholly asap.

steelbison
07-11-2011, 01:57 PM
Sorry, I didn't know the title of the thread was "Who is steelbison's Offensive MVP for 2011."

I'm going off of my opinion from watching him as a freshmen and in springball and also what I have heard talking to people who are around these two a lot more than you or I. I never said DJ didn't have a great year or the year he had last year wasn't great. That doesn't mean a guy who wasn't on the roster last year isn't better. Sam wasn't even elgible to play. As far as my definition of a lot of touches, its more than 75-80%. I guess we'll see who's opinion is correct. I just think DJ is very consistent but Sam will be a game breaker.

Just so I understand, your saying Sam will have a better year than DJ and be this year's offensive MVP.

Ok..good luck with that. The ONLY way that would ever happen is if DJ were injured. Other than that DJ will be Peyton finalist and lead this team on a deep playoff run.

MNLonghorn10
07-11-2011, 07:32 PM

just out or curiosity, where do you think north dakota ranks as a state in terms of high school talent?

Twentysix
07-12-2011, 02:41 AM
just ou.t or curiosity, where do you think north dakota ranks as a state in terms of high school talent?

Must be really high per capita lately. Seems like 1 fbs/bcs player a year.

Especially with the closest fbs program being in one of our 3 neighbouring states at exactly the opposite side of said state.

If ndsu or und were fbs that number would be A LOT higher.

Scooter1
07-12-2011, 02:53 AM
Must be really high per capita lately. Seems like 1 fbs/bcs player a year.

Especially with the closest fbs program being in one of our 3 neighbouring states at exactly the opposite side of said state.

If ndsu or und were fbs that number would be A LOT higher.

1 fbs/bcs player a year?!? Nothing to brag about or even mention.

It's like bragging about being 1 for 1 on free throws. Your next free throw...you are either Michael Jordan on the line....or Shaq.

Nothing against North Dakota, I love the place....but there is a reason why coaches look at their recruiting budget and consider it a fly over state. I would imagine that it would be ranked pretty low.

BlueBisonRock
07-12-2011, 03:05 AM

It's like bragging about being 1 for 1 on free throws. Your next free throw...you are either Michael Jordan on the line....or Shaq.

Nothing against North Dakota, I love the place....but there is a reason why coaches look at their recruiting budget and consider it a fly over state. I would imagine that it would be ranked pretty low.

There are posters on this board who would give their left nut to go one for one.

Twentysix
07-12-2011, 05:25 AM

Just look at Wyo, They have an FBS program and sometimes produce 0.

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_ncaaf_experts__49/ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-806088189-1297288464.jpg?ymREKiEDUDsLAJ6A

If scooter would be so kind as to click the link he would see North Dakota is a darker red than Minnesota iowa south dakota motana idaho wyoming and alot of the north northeast.

If north dakota is 1 for 1 in free throws Minnesota is 1 for 150.
ND was 1 for 1509

MN was 1 for 2312

GradBison
07-12-2011, 04:14 PM

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_ncaaf_experts__49/ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-806088189-1297288464.jpg?ymREKiEDUDsLAJ6A

If scooter would be so kind as to click the link he would see North Dakota is a darker red than Minnesota iowa south dakota motana idaho wyoming and alot of the north northeast.

If north dakota is 1 for 1 in free throws Minnesota is 1 for 150.
ND was 1 for 1509

MN was 1 for 2312

Can also be stated as said states having a Whiter Shade of Pale (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8jJ1ORIOes). ;)

Scooter1
07-20-2011, 04:47 AM

If scooter would be so kind as to click the link he would see North Dakota is a darker red than Minnesota iowa south dakota motana idaho wyoming and alot of the north northeast.If north dakota is 1 for 1 in free throws Minnesota is 1 for 150.
ND was 1 for 1509

MN was 1 for 2312

Yeah, I looked at your stupid map of the US.....

Here are REAL numbers. ( As compliled by SI ):duel:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/ncaa/01/21/bcsrecruits.state/

From 2004-2008 how many BCS recruits did North Dakota have? Answer = 2 :facepalm:
From 2004-2008 how many BCS recruits did Minnesota have? Answer = 66 :)

Per capita North Dakota... 1 for every 320,741
Per Capita Minnesota....... 1 for every 79,097

So....if you took just the states of ND and MN (2 + 66), 68 kids went BCS.

That means a staggering 97% of the BCS high school recruits from these two states from 2004-2008 lived in Minnesota. :judges:

Those are real numbers

frickin' BOX:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

DjKyRo
07-20-2011, 04:53 AM

But those kids from North Dakota are automatically tougher, faster, and overall better. They don't have to be more athletic, they're from North Dakota and therefore superior.

Twentysix
07-20-2011, 04:59 AM

Here are REAL numbers. ( As compliled by SI ):duel:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/ncaa/01/21/bcsrecruits.state/

From 2004-2008 how many BCS recruits did North Dakota have? Answer = 2 :facepalm:
From 2004-2008 how many BCS recruits did Minnesota have? Answer = 66 :)

Per capita North Dakota... 1 for every 320,741
Per Capita Minnesota....... 1 for every 79,097

So....if you took just the states of ND and MN (2 + 66), 68 kids went BCS.

That means a staggering 97% of the BCS high school recruits from these two states from 2004-2008 lived in Minnesota. :judges:

Those are real numbers

frickin' BOX:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

I had no idea it was 2008. :uhyeah:

Note the map is actually relevant because it is for 2011...Not to mention my map was for FBS and you are proclaiming BCS.

You are also using a state population. And I was using HS kids who play football(I believe that was what the site used anyways).

Scooter1
07-20-2011, 05:34 AM
Obviously, you know nothing about stats. To say I didn't know it was 2008 is just, well, stupid.

In order to get an accurate picture you need to sample multiple years. The years 2004-2008 were what was available by SI.com

I'm sure next season they will come out with a 2005-2009 or even a 2006-2010 but I couldn't find it.

To be fair, Minnesota has roughly 88% of ND and MN combined population but that still doesn't explain the gaudy 97%.

ND has roughly 102 football teams to Minnesota's 381.

That is an average of 1 ND kid for every 51 teams over four year.
For Minnesota, that is an average of 1 MN kid for every 5.77 teams over a four year.

Any way you slice it. ND doesn't come close to what Minnesota produces.

Don't show me a frickin map of the US that doesn't show real numbers.

Twentysix
07-20-2011, 05:42 AM
Obviously, you know nothing about stats. To say I didn't know it was 2008 is just, well, stupid.

In order to get an accurate picture you need to sample multiple years. The years 2004-2008 were what was available by SI.com

I'm sure next season they will come out with a 2005-2009 or even a 2006-2010 but I couldn't find it.

To be fair, Minnesota has roughly 88% of ND and MN combined population but that still doesn't explain the gaudy 97%.

ND has roughly 102 football teams to Minnesota's 381.

That is an average of 1 ND kid for every 51 teams over four year.
For Minnesota, that is an average of 1 MN kid for every 5.77 teams over a four year.

Any way you slice it. ND doesn't come close to what Minnesota produces.

Don't show me a frickin map of the US that doesn't show real numbers.

The thing you posted by SI had a 2009 post date. I doubt in 2012 a post for anything shy of 2011's season will be put out.

If you compare athletic budgets of the HS programs in each state that would be interesting.

I have a hunch the inflated number in minnesota has more to do with proper development (programs facilities etc) rather than minnesota purely being more awesome than ND, and youve clearly attempted to assert that.

I had stated that "lately" ND has been winning in the ratio statistics. You dont have to get so butthurt. Half of those kids from 08 are probably not even in school anymore thats hardly "lately".

You know who coached sports at my school? The 6 teachers(this is the case for the majority of the programs you are claiming ND has). Who coaches in minnesota?

Scooter1
07-20-2011, 08:09 AM
I'm not butt hurt at all.

You're the one who called me out.

Don't get all pissy when you call someone out, then get your ass handed to you in a discussion... which you did.

Mr. Burgundy
07-20-2011, 12:28 PM
at what point did Bisonville become unreadable?

EndZoneQB
07-20-2011, 12:49 PM
at what point did Bisonville become unreadable?

What time did the EWU game end? :hide:

Mr. Burgundy
07-20-2011, 02:25 PM
What time did the EWU game end? :hide:

I believe that is the correct answer. Thanks.

Bison"FANatic"
07-20-2011, 02:31 PM
Na we have to get through signing day then everything seems to well........ get interesting.:) :) :) :)

JustinTyem
11-01-2011, 03:59 AM
Lets see who was right????????

Twentysix
11-01-2011, 06:07 AM
Offensive, Ojuri has surprised and really does look better than DJ, I do suspect DJ has been hurt though.

Smith is phenominal. Veldman is great too, and brock is doing amazing.

BisonTeacher
11-01-2011, 10:45 AM
The defense/special teams has provided pretty good offense for us this year. How many TD's have they had? How does this year compare to others?

Herd
11-01-2011, 11:13 AM
The MVP thus far is without a doubt Brock. I dont know how anyone could possibly suggest otherwise. That said, i expect DJ to take it to another level come playoff time and carry this team on his back, like he did last year.

344Johnson
11-01-2011, 12:41 PM
So far, 5 people were right. Brock is the reason our offense has been pretty solid throughout the year. Because of him, all of us are getting high on LSD's.

BisonTeacher
11-01-2011, 12:52 PM
So far, 5 people were right. Brock is the reason our offense has been pretty solid throughout the year. Because of him, all of us are getting high on LSD's.

I totally agree. Without that solid QB play and solid passing the offense would be one dimensional and nowhere near as good as it is. Brock has really stepped up this year.

Bisonfan1
11-01-2011, 03:15 PM
A little early for this poll in my opinion, however up to this point it is pretty obvious. Im voter #6.

MNLonghorn10
11-01-2011, 03:26 PM
smith is my favorite player to watch on offense. sucks he doesnt have any offensive td's but who cares.

OrygunBison
11-01-2011, 04:08 PM
What is most encouraging is the fact that this thread even exists considering where the program was two years ago.

Strommer10
11-01-2011, 05:42 PM
I refuse to vote until January 8th...

ndbj52
11-02-2011, 05:06 AM
What about the offensive line as a whole, especially Austin Richard. Brock has been amazing, but he has had all day to sit back there and look at multiple receivers and find the open one. Richard has played three different positions this year on the o-line. He constantly has been lined up against the best defensive lineman and shut them down. He did especially well in the biggest game of the year so far against UNI and Boothbay (sp?) he has been a stud and deserves a lot of the credit for what this offense has done.

JustinTyem
11-02-2011, 08:00 AM
What about the offensive line as a whole, especially Austin Richard. Brock has been amazing, but he has had all day to sit back there and look at multiple receivers and find the open one. Richard has played three different positions this year on the o-line. He constantly has been lined up against the best defensive lineman and shut them down. He did especially well in the biggest game of the year so far against UNI and Boothbay (sp?) he has been a stud and deserves a lot of the credit for what this offense has done.As much as I think Richard is playing at a All-Conference level,Boothby made him look funny a couple plays with his swim and the spin moves. But the Offense as a whole they are 2011 Offensive MVFC as a Michelangelo painting. Not PERFECT but nobody is better. And as the Qb he gets the TOP award since he takes the most critical and under the Light position.

HoopsBison
11-07-2011, 01:58 AM
As much as I think Richard is playing at a All-Conference level,Boothby made him look funny a couple plays with his swim and the spin moves. But the Offense as a whole they are 2011 Offensive MVFC as a Michelangelo painting. Not PERFECT but nobody is better. And as the Qb he gets the TOP award since he takes the most critical and under the Light position.

He graded out to a 97 that game and was awarded offensive linemen of the week that week. There may have been a play or two but for the majority of the game he owned boothby.