PDA

View Full Version : Who is your Defensive MVP for 2011?

ndsubison1
07-07-2011, 04:49 AM
Who you got? If you choose other please specify.

bisonwest
07-07-2011, 02:53 PM
I went with Marcus Williams. He breaks on the ball better than anyone I've seen in a long while.

bri-dog
07-07-2011, 03:03 PM
I hope we have a lot of INTs, and I hope a good part of the reason is because Boyer is harassing the snot out of opposing QBs. That's why I picked him...

Twentysix
07-07-2011, 03:04 PM
I hope we have a lot of INTs, and I hope a good part of the reason is because Boyer is harassing the snot out of opposing QBs. That's why I picked him...

Boyer or williams.

Bison"FANatic"
07-07-2011, 03:50 PM
It all has to start up front. Gratzek is going to be tough to replace but if we can find someone who can get the push he did they will open up everyone else. Lets hope Leevon can get it done. I was talking to a USD player last weekend and he kept talking about how good our D line was last year and how tough they made it. When you have a good D line it makes it very hard to run and they can wreak havoc on the passing game. They can make the linebackers look great. I can't pick a MVP for the D before season but I sure hope at the end of the year it comes from the line or linebackers as that means our D was hopefully getting it done.

MNLonghorn10
07-07-2011, 04:03 PM
eaves is my pick. he seems like a hitter and is gonna build off of last years good year.

HandoEX
07-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Preston Evans will go out with a bang.

Scooter1
07-07-2011, 05:52 PM
I picked Heagle. The defense was better with him as a starter. The kid can flat out play.

EndZoneQB
07-07-2011, 06:45 PM
eaves is my pick. he seems like a hitter and is gonna build off of last years good year.

Exactly. He grew up last year and was unquestionably the leader of the secondary. I expect a great year out of him.

rutlandbison
07-07-2011, 07:23 PM
I picked Heagle. He brought a toughness when he started that wasnt there before and hopefully he will continue to play solide. Tough choice.

scheelsguy
07-07-2011, 07:37 PM
The fact that there are so many choices that are all viable is a great sign!

17>1
07-07-2011, 09:26 PM
I went with the Senior in the middle. He'll need to set the tone for this defense and lead by example. Waiting on how our middle D line pressure develops. If it only takes one guy each to block Perry and Gimmestad, outside pressure will be a little tougher. Very excited to see what our secondary can do, probably the best one in the league if you ask me. Go Bison!!!

17>1
07-07-2011, 09:28 PM
The fact that there are so many choices that are all viable is a great sign!

If this were facebook, I'd "like" that comment.

Retired Ol' Ball Coach
07-07-2011, 09:57 PM
Exactly. He grew up last year and was unquestionably the leader of the secondary. I expect a great year out of him.A freshman, the leader of our secondary ; you on dope or dog food? The kid played very well for a freshman, but still has alot to learn . As far as the leader ; what about # 7, D.E. This is the true leader of this secondary.

MNLonghorn10
07-07-2011, 10:40 PM
A freshman, the leader of our secondary ; you on dope or dog food? The kid played very well for a freshman, but still has alot to learn . As far as the leader ; what about # 7, D.E. This is the true leader of this secondary.

um wut? we're both talking about eaves...

CaBisonFan
07-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Good news is that we have several to pick from. It's about who stays healthy.

Barring a major injury...Preston Evans would have a slight edge over Coulter Boyer. Preston is the enforcer at the heart of the D. Without his great athleticism, smarts, and desire...the rest of the D has more work to do. But I like all of the names that have been mentioned.

DjKyRo
07-07-2011, 11:00 PM
This defense starts on the line, and the anchor there is Boyer. He's going to open it up for the guys in the secondary to make plays, whether it's opening a line for a blitz or pressuring the QB to throw into the secondary. He's the leader on the key to what should be an elite defense.

CaBisonFan
07-07-2011, 11:14 PM
um wut? we're both talking about eaves...

Heagle is a very special player...with more to learn for sure. The kid has...IT. Eaves is a head-hunter in the backfield. You can't put a value on that. Lucky we have both.

EndZoneQB
07-08-2011, 02:44 AM
A freshman, the leader of our secondary ; you on dope or dog food? The kid played very well for a freshman, but still has alot to learn . As far as the leader ; what about # 7, D.E. This is the true leader of this secondary.

Exactly what I am saying. Could be the next Bison safety in the pros if he has another great season like he had last year. Eaves was unquestionably the leader of the secondary last year. He really stepped up and made a ton of big plays.

Grizzled
07-08-2011, 03:32 AM
I'll vote Colton Heagle but the real key will be Leevon Perry and who fills in at NT next year. Gratzek demanded two blockers every play last year. Perry has to get much more physical and who ever fills in at NT can only play more physical than he did last year. This will keep OL off our LB's and free up Boyer off the edge.

ndsubisonx
07-09-2011, 10:35 AM
I could see Perry having a breakout year. He will be a big key to our success on the line.