5. Youngstown St.
6. SDSU
7. Western Illinois
8. Illinois St.
9. Missouri St.

UNI, NDSU, & ISU make playoffs

CaBisonFan
07-05-2011, 12:00 PM
Looks about right ming. We land in the top two if a true leader emerges at QB. If not...3rd-5th in the conference. We have the talent to run the table if we get great QB play consistently. We must control the ball and allow our defense to play normal minutes. You could flip NDSU & UNI around if that happens. It would be our 10-1 season.

bisonwest
07-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Gonna sound like a homer but I'm not buying UNI. Also I'm not gonna go pick based on the idea that I don't want to sound like one cuz I'm not a homer. The best MVFC team at the end of last year was NDSU. They will be again this year.

1. NDSU
2. SIU
3. UNI
4. ISU blue
5. SDSU
6. WIU
7. Younsgtown
8. ISU red
9. Mizzou St.

ndsubison1
07-05-2011, 07:25 PM
i think uni will be the real deal with a lot of people back. if terrell rennie steps up they will be the top team but we will be right behind them. we have a tough road game at indiana st. and southern illinois plus sdsu. i dont see us winning all 3 of those but you never know. i like youngstown to step up a little. they were young last year and have some key games at the ice palace

semobison
07-05-2011, 07:35 PM
I think it all depends on our offense! If we have more balance, and the passing game improves, we can win the conference! When we just dare teams to stop run in the Valley, they do! If thats the case we could finish in the middle of the pack...again!

344Johnson
07-05-2011, 08:15 PM
I think it all depends on our offense! If we have more balance, and the passing game improves, we can win the conference! When we just dare teams to stop run in the Valley, they do! If thats the case we could finish in the middle of the pack...again!

Just our luck that we are in the only conference with the toughness to stop or at least slow things down for us when we can't throw.

BisoninNWMN
07-06-2011, 12:40 AM
Make 2$:

NDSU
UNI
SIU
ILL State
YSU
SDSU
IND State
WIU
MSU

If we beat UNI at home, we'll be in the driver's seat for the MV title.
Jacks lose a lot.
I'm not sold on Indiana State yet.

Bison need to step it up in the conference this year.

MN_Moose
07-06-2011, 03:50 AM
1. Northern Iowa
2. Southern Illinois
3. Youngstown St.
4. NDSU
5. Indiana St.
6. SDSU
7. Illinois St.
8. Missouri St
9. Western Illinois

Back to the ways it used to should be.

RRVBISON
07-06-2011, 03:52 AM
Gonna be a tough conference season. Watch out for Youngstown. I do think UNI will be the team to beat.

TbonZach
07-06-2011, 03:53 AM
Back to the ways it used to should be.

Used to should be? Did you grow up in the south?

344Johnson
07-06-2011, 03:58 AM
Used to should be? Did you grow up in the south?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO +++++++++

344Johnson
07-06-2011, 04:01 AM
UNI
NDSU
Southern Ill.
Youngstown
Illinois St.
Indiana St.
WIU
SDSU
Missouri St.

Tatanka
07-06-2011, 04:07 AM
My prediction: pick two of the three lowest teams in the mvfc. They would finish .500 in the big fluffy.

DjKyRo
07-06-2011, 07:32 AM
My prediction: pick two of the three lowest teams in the mvfc. They would finish .500 in the big fluffy.

With the exception of Missouri State, I buy it.

Capn_Cat
07-06-2011, 01:37 PM
UNI - Lots of talent coming back. Need to get the killer instinct back after a couple years of drought.
SIU - Always a player, if injuries heal; Not convinced Lennon wasn't winning with Kill's talent
NDSU - As mentioned above, need a QB. Could be interchangeable with SIU; BIG game v UNI in Fargo will tell a lot.
YSU - A Red Resurgence?

Drops off deeply from there

THEsocalledfan
07-06-2011, 03:30 PM
UNI - Lots of talent coming back. Need to get the killer instinct back after a couple years of drought.
SIU - Always a player, if injuries heal; Not convinced Lennon wasn't winning with Kill's talent
NDSU - As mentioned above, need a QB. Could be interchangeable with SIU; BIG game v UNI in Fargo will tell a lot.
YSU - A Red Resurgence?

Drops off deeply from there

Capn, I thought we were the "Prairie Poopers". Did we move up in your eyes after being one of the top 4 teams in the country last year and nearly defeating the eventual champion in the semi-final game?

TransAmBison
07-06-2011, 04:05 PM
SIU is no longer a threat to anyone. Their weakness has been found.

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/SJDM.jpg

IronRanger
07-06-2011, 06:56 PM
NDSU
Illinois St.
UNI
Missouri St.
SDSU
WIU
Southern Ill.
Indiana St.
Youngstown

Capn_Cat
07-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Capn, I thought we were the "Prairie Poopers". Did we move up in your eyes after being one of the top 4 teams in the country last year and nearly defeating the eventual champion in the semi-final game?

One thing you and many of your friends here need to do is, instead of kneejerking automatically defensive to ribbing about your team/school, consider it with a big scoop of perspective. NDSU is a fine, fine institution - famous for many things, not the least of which is academics. It is the same for UNI.

And, yes, you did move up in many peoples' eyes after what you did in the playoffs last year. NDSU did not move up in my eyes because they were already up there. I've met dozens and dozens of Herd people and they're all terrific people. I'm very familiar with the college, having worked for a State grad for four years. He was a super guy. Same goes for the UNI folks.

At the game watch in Roseville, MN, last year, little Lieutenant Cat and I were among the loudest cheerleaders for State when they beat the crap out of Montana State. It was a great thrill to see the Big Skam go down so hard to an MVFC team.

Lighten up, enjoy the comedy and consider the humor in the things I post.

:bow:

Twentysix
07-07-2011, 04:25 PM
One thing you and many of your friends here need to do is, instead of kneejerking automatically defensive to ribbing about your team/school, consider it with a big scoop of perspective. NDSU is a fine, fine institution - famous for many things, not the least of which is academics. It is the same for UNI.

And, yes, you did move up in many peoples' eyes after what you did in the playoffs last year. NDSU did not move up in my eyes because they were already up there. I've met dozens and dozens of Herd people and they're all terrific people. I'm very familiar with the college, having worked for a State grad for four years. He was a super guy. Same goes for the UNI folks.

At the game watch in Roseville, MN, last year, little Lieutenant Cat and I were among the loudest cheerleaders for State when they beat the crap out of Montana State. It was a great thrill to see the Big Skam go down so hard to an MVFC team.

I hate you. You are so mean!! :D

Gully
07-07-2011, 04:27 PM
UNI is the favorite until we beat them. We haven't shown we can do it yet. I think this year should be a very hard fought, compeitive game. A lot depends on our QB.

SIU will be in the hunt as well.

TransAmBison
07-07-2011, 04:32 PM

Don't ever spew crap like that again on this board.

HerdBot
07-07-2011, 04:36 PM
I don't like to throw predictions out there since the conference is great from top to bottom. NDSU and UNI are the obvious picks. SIU is better than their record. WIU made the playoffs. ISU blue is on the rise. SDSU is consistently a solid team. ISU red is predicted to be good. The only teams Im confident wont win the division is Missouri State and Youngstown and we barely beat YSU and lost to MSU. Its going to be tough. We could with the conference or go 500. Team better be prepared.

Capn_Cat
07-07-2011, 04:39 PM
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/niwa/sports/m-footbl/auto_wide_photo/6708648.jpeg
"I want my Mommy!"

TransAmBison
07-07-2011, 04:40 PM
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/niwa/sports/m-footbl/auto_wide_photo/6708648.jpeg
"I want my Mommy!"
That's better.

Capn_Cat
07-07-2011, 04:45 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TheBisonator
07-07-2011, 04:50 PM
"I want my Mommy!"

Got some empty seats dere in da background dere.

I wanna see the pic of the crowd for the Lehigh playoff game. That would be HILARIOUS.

Facts
07-07-2011, 04:51 PM
"I want my Mommy!"

I don't understand the "uni"-dome thing. Is Northern Iowa so proud of not having logo based uniform issues that they're rubbing it into und's face? Or are there stadiums in Iowa where players don't where uniforms???

TransAmBison
07-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Got some empty seats dere in da background dere.

I wanna see the pic of the crowd for the Lehigh playoff game. That would be HILARIOUS.
When our team can deal with the noise in their dome we can laugh. Until then we got nothin'.

TheBisonator
07-07-2011, 04:55 PM
In regards to MVFC predictions:

Northern Iowa 7-1
North Dakota State 6-2
Southern Illinois 5-3
South Dakota State 5-3
Illinois State 4-4
Indiana State 4-4
Youngstown State 2-6
Western Illinois 2-6
Missouri State 1-7

ndsubison1
07-07-2011, 08:36 PM
Article on FCS Spoilers:

Missouri Valley: Northern Iowa and North Dakota State are the favorites, but Indiana State will try to take the next step in their turnaround under coach Trent Miles. They had won only two of their previous 62 games heading into last season, then came out of nowhere to go 6-5 last season. Quarterback Ronnie Fouch, breakaway running back Shakir Bell and junior defensive end Ben Obaseki are among the 17 returning starters.

http://ncaafootball.com/News/tabid/729/Article/135629/in-the-fcs-huddle-spoilers-and-upstarts.aspx

ndsubisonx
07-09-2011, 10:41 AM
1. NDSU (Win tiebreaker with win at dome)
1. Northern Iowa
3. Southern Illinois
4. Indiana St.
5. SDSU (Toughest games are at home)
6. Youngstown
7. Western Illinois
8. Illinois St.
9. Missouri St.

MN_BISON
07-09-2011, 03:03 PM
NDSU
Illinois St
UNI
SIU
Youngstown St
SDSU
Indiana St
MSU
WIU

A1pigskin
07-09-2011, 06:57 PM
If NDSU beats UNI at home NDSU will be the leader. If not, UNI will.