PDA

View Full Version : DJ MCNORTON & Offensive Line Ready to Roll

Retired Ol' Ball Coach
07-05-2011, 02:37 AM
I guest a lot of you thought this offensive unit would never get going the way they did in the play-offs .DJ and this o-line is what got us there.So why in the over time the ball isn't in DJ's hands on 1st and goal on the 6yd line. Everything last year went though Dj, and again this year it'll be the same. Maybe if Brock or who ever can complete a few pass and stay healthy this offense really can roll . Coach Vigen, a hat on a hat, DJ make 2 defender miss. That's what this offense is about. Also , Young gun stay Ready,you will get your shot by the 3rd game, just like I said.

DjKyRo
07-05-2011, 02:59 AM
The great thing about this program is how it's turned out high-quality rushers year in and year out - Steffes, Roehl, Paschall, and McNorton are the last four of what's been an impressive trend. DJ is a little different than all those guys in his ability to make things happen out of the backfield in the passing game, which is a huge benefit when you have the kind of discrepancies at quarterback that we've had.

All that says is that it's the DJ McNorton Show this season. We can talk all we want about needing a solution at QB (which we do, for sure) but for the time being our bread-and-butter is the rushing game. So long as McNorton stays healthy we'll be a powerful team on the ground.

westnodak93bison
07-05-2011, 03:44 AM
I guest a lot of you thought this offensive unit would never get going the way they did in the play-offs .DJ and this o-line is what got us there.So why in the over time the ball isn't in DJ's hands on 1st and goal on the 6yd line. Everything last year went though Dj, and again this year it'll be the same. Maybe if Brock or who ever can complete a few pass and stay healthy this offense really can roll . Coach Vigen, a hat on a hat, DJ make 2 defender miss. That's what this offense is about. Also , Young gun stay Ready,you will get your shot by the 3rd game, just like I said.

You are probably right. It looked like yardage was there for the taking but our QB got to the 1/2 yd line? Not sure how we can question the call.

ndsubison1
07-05-2011, 04:34 AM
im confident jensen will take the next step and become a more efficient QB. which will open things up so much. hopefully he stays healthy

bisonwest
07-05-2011, 05:12 PM
I'm really excited to see what D.J. is gonna do this year. He more than any other player in the last few years has impressed me with how much he has matured. He came in with obvious physical talent, but tended to dance a bit in the backfield waiting for something to open up. Last year he really showed improvement in his decision making and instincts on when to hit the hole or bounce it outside if nothing was there. He has a great combination of speed and power. I expect big things from #8 in 2011!

Retired Ol' Ball Coach
07-05-2011, 05:40 PM
The next step or the next hit, which ever comes first . Brock has play alot of football during his time at ndsu, and he still haven't set his self apart from the pack. From what I've been told , ND and Bisonvile will haves their hometown hero much sooner, than later, Its Brock job to lose. If so; he might be the next QB to leave NDSU.

westnodak93bison
07-05-2011, 06:41 PM
The next step or the next hit, which ever comes first . Brock has play alot of football during his time at ndsu, and he still haven't set his self apart from the pack. From what I've been told , ND and Bisonvile will haves their hometown hero much sooner, than later, Its Brock job to lose. If so; he might be the next QB to leave NDSU.

I sense some sarcasm in the tone of this post. I would imagine us Bisonvillers want the best player to play irregardless of their hometown/state.

344Johnson
07-05-2011, 10:05 PM
im confident jensen will take the next step and become a more efficient QB. which will open things up so much. hopefully he stays healthy

Question Ming, When you say next step are you in the camp that says, "OMG NEXT STEVE WALKER/BETRIM/SIMDORN!" or the camp that says, "Completion percentage, yards, TD's up, interceptions down."?

If your a member of the first group, I respectfully disagree. If your a member of Group #2, then I completely agree and think he has the capability to become a standard of what we should expect from a Bison qb.

I do not know about you guys but I am sick of this, hot and cold business we have had going. Before walker....Foreigner's "Cold as Ice" comes to mind until we get back to Gorder/Johnson days. We could really use more of these guys like Feeney and Jensen who can at the very least make a few plays throughout the game.

Anyways, sorry for digressing the thread, DJ is a human highlight reel. And last year we saw him develop into a guy who is willing to consistently hit the hole. No he is not ROEHLING through people, but he is getting yards throughout the game rather than 2 big plays like the younger DJ would have relied on.

Offensive Line is not my specialty so I will say only a few things about them. Don't get called for holding, don't falsely start a play. And don't commit personal fouls. Thank you for your consideration!

Scooter1
07-05-2011, 10:24 PM
Here's a thought.

DJ is ready to roll. He has improved greatly over the four years that he has been here and should be one of the premeir backs in the FCS.

If you look at performance when comparing years...Brock Jensen is WAY ahead of where DJ was when he was a freshman. The fact is DJ was not very impressive as a freshman. Ol Ball Coach can sugar coat it all he wants, but NDSU has done a great job of developing this talent that frankly, was very raw when he got to NDSU. There is no comparison to the back that DJ was as an incoming freshman to that of the one that he is now. But, of course one would expect marked improvement from a freshman back to a senior back. Brock is only a Sophomore, he should be markedly improved from last year, just like ol ball coache's DJ.

westnodak93bison
07-05-2011, 11:17 PM
Here's a thought.

DJ is ready to roll. He has improved greatly over the four years that he has been here and should be one of the premeir backs in the FCS.

If you look at performance when comparing years...Brock Jensen is WAY ahead of where DJ was when he was a freshman. The fact is DJ was not very impressive as a freshman. Ol Ball Coach can sugar coat it all he wants, but NDSU has done a great job of developing this talent that frankly, was very raw when he got to NDSU. There is no comparison to the back that DJ was as an incoming freshman to that of the one that he is now. But, of course one would expect marked improvement from a freshman back to a senior back. Brock is only a Sophomore, he should be markedly improved from last year, just like ol ball coache's DJ.

I agree. This conversations makes me wonder how good a kid like Kyle Emanuel can really become if he has already earned the top of the depth chart. Of course he hasn't played a game yet but it will be very interesting to see him in real live action.

bisonwest
07-06-2011, 04:58 AM
We have to remember that last year was a chaotic season for the QB's, going back and fourth between Jose and Brock as starter. We will see what we have this season as this is Brock's team. I think the fact that Esley is at his heals will only help push Brock. Mainly we want to see the completion percentage improve enough for us to do what we do best. I have faith that we will see improvement from the quarterback position this year. I have more doubts when it comes to the recievers than Brock.

ndsubison1
07-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Question Ming, When you say next step are you in the camp that says, "OMG NEXT STEVE WALKER/BETRIM/SIMDORN!" or the camp that says, "Completion percentage, yards, TD's up, interceptions down."?

More so the latter. What I mean is just becoming an improved QB. Better decision making, accuracy, and improved stats