PDA

View Full Version : Bohl to sign extension

TAILG8R
06-29-2011, 04:33 PM
Article here (http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/325179/group/homepage/)

:facepalm2: Nice - apparently he is very excited about it - see post title

spelunker64
06-29-2011, 04:34 PM
La La LALAAAAAAA,

Oh, you meant sign

aces1180
06-29-2011, 04:37 PM
This is good news, until he has another 3-8 season. :paperbag:

Seriously, I'm glad there is not a rotating door at NDSU. This is something that the student-athletes have to appreciate as well.

bisonmike2
06-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Like karaoke or will their be words that he just tries to harmonize with? :)

freelancer
06-29-2011, 04:46 PM
The extension is 5 years with a base salary just over $196,000.

He has incentives for a league championship, and incentives for playoff games.

CHADSTAUS
06-29-2011, 05:14 PM
Good deal. Great coach!!:)

EndZoneQB
06-29-2011, 05:37 PM

Seriously, I'm glad there is not a rotating door at NDSU. This is something that the student-athletes have to appreciate as well.

Agreed. It really seems like Bohl is here to make sure the program is legit before he thinks about leaving. Plus, he's the king of the town, even after the 3-8 season(and bad recruiting classes) we weren't really calling for his head. He knows he has a good thing here, why screw it up for a few more dollars(that he likely doesn't need) and a lot more accountability.

roadwarrior
06-29-2011, 05:39 PM
From gobison:

Taylor said the base salary of the contract is $196,668 beginning July 1. The contract includes incentives for a Missouri Valley Football Conference Championship ($10,000), NCAA Football Championship Subdivision playoff home ($5,000) and away ($2,500) games, a FCS runner-up finish ($10,000) and a FCS championship ($15,000).

80ALUM
06-29-2011, 05:47 PM
I so hope he gets that $15,000 bonus!:praying:

Notorious
06-29-2011, 05:50 PM
Agreed. It really seems like Bohl is here to make sure the program is legit before he thinks about leaving. Plus, he's the king of the town, even after the 3-8 season(and bad recruiting classes) we weren't really calling for his head. He knows he has a good thing here, why screw it up for a few more dollars(that he likely doesn't need) and a lot more accountability.

I agree with much of this, but could you really blame him if he was offered a FBS job?...He would be looking at a 200% salary increase at a minimum. I'd probably take that no matter what pressure and accountability was attached.

bisonmike2
06-29-2011, 05:54 PM
Boo! to the spelling correction in the thread title.

EndZoneQB
I agree with much of this, but could you really blame him if he was offered a FBS job?...He would be looking at a 200% salary increase at a minimum. I'd probably take that no matter what pressure and accountability was attached.

I think he wants a BCS job. As far fetched as it sounds, a Tressel type of deal(obviously not tOSU level, but U-M, etc). Plus, he has been at the highest level as a D-Coordinator and got ran out of town. Life is probably much easier for him here and he still makes a damn good amount of money.

BadlandsBison

Depends on how many coach purses his wife wants. Certain people would jump at this salary increase.

bisonmike2
06-29-2011, 05:57 PM
Depends on how many coach purses his wife wants. Certain people would jump at this salary increase.

I need clarification. Are you talking Coach purses, as in the brand or as in if he bought them for her, technically they'd be a coach purse? Or really technical it would be a Coach coach purse.

Notorious
06-29-2011, 05:58 PM

You remind me a lot of KilldeerBison...only not as funny ;)

BadlandsBison
06-29-2011, 05:59 PM
I need clarification. Are you talking Coach purses, as in the brand or as in if he bought them for her, technically they'd be a coach purse? Or really technical it would be a Coach coach purse.

Yes, Coach coach purses. He lives in such close proximity to Albertville you know he has to deal with this at some point.

BadlandsBison
06-29-2011, 06:05 PM

That guy is a real comedian, a paragon of hilarity.

rutlandbison
06-29-2011, 06:16 PM
This is good. Need consistancy.

I am all for Bohl being the head coach for a long time. Recruits need to know the head coach will be there through their entire time in the program. This is good.

DjKyRo
06-29-2011, 06:28 PM
Love this deal. Bohl has this program headed in the right direction and I'm glad we can fork out the money to keep him here. Lots of schools can't do the same.

DjKyRo
06-29-2011, 06:41 PM
From GoBison.com:

A two-time FCS Coach of the Year finalist, Bohl enters his ninth season with a 61-30 record including a 9-8 record against nationally-ranked FCS teams and 4-4 mark against Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) teams over the past five seasons -- including a 6-3 win at Kansas in the 2010 season opener.

4-4 against FBS? Isn't it 4-3? Minnesota, Ball St., CMU, Kansas are the wins, Wyoming, Minnesota and Iowa State the losses? One I'm missing?

HerdBot
06-29-2011, 06:54 PM
He deserves it and Im glad he will be here. A revolving door is a bad formula for any team. He struggled after his last raise but did a good job of addressing the issues. Im hopeful we can retain our assistant coaches as well. Having stability is good for recruiting and the program in general.

I think he gets paid for the TV show, radio appearances, and camps too. Its probably closer to a quarter million.

Bohl will not get complacent.

CaBisonFan
06-29-2011, 07:17 PM
Despite the quarterback recruiting brain-fart (not having several recruits to replace Walker)...I think he's earned this. I don't see him heading for an FBS program as a head coach unless he gets one or two national titles under his belt. Of course...if he's offered two or three times the money to leave...he be gone. But we'll take the success for the program...and as always...reload the coaching staff.

KilldeerBison
06-29-2011, 07:34 PM

Little Mary always fell asleep at Sunday school so the nun asked her, "Who was our Lord and Savior?" Little Johnny who sat behind her took out a pin and pokes her in the butt, making Mary yell "Jesus Christ!"

Very good says the teacher. Mary falls back asleep. So the nun wakes her back up and asks, "Who created the universe?" Little Johnny pokes her in the butt with a pin again, making Mary yell, "God Almighty!"

The teacher says very good. And unconvinced that Mary would stay awake, she asks Mary, "What did Eve say to Adam after giving birth?" Little Mary jumped out of her seat and yells, "If you stick that thing in my butt one more time I'm gonna break it in half and shove it down youre throat.

And, yes I am really glad Bohl will continue at NDSU, he seems to be doing a better job, especially recruiting and hiring good assistant coaches.

MNLonghorn10
06-29-2011, 08:00 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/15xkg9z.gif

IzzyFlexion
06-29-2011, 10:47 PM
La La LALAAAAAAA,

Oh, you meant sign

I had heard that teh Stache was a big fan of singing his "extension" (see below) But now...Bohl?
Must be like a MVFC secret handshake or something.
http://pictures.hentai-foundry.com/x/Xexus/60635.jpg
-sorry this is so big (TWSS) as I know it's disturbing enough without adding extra size (TWSSAGAIN). In this case, size does matter (TWSSFORATHIRDTIME)

344Johnson
06-30-2011, 05:34 AM

I like that we are a bit like the Steelers, a bad season, although rare, is no reason to completely panic. Two bad seasons however......

Hammersmith
06-30-2011, 06:12 AM
I so hope he gets that $15,000 bonus!:praying:

I'm hoping for a $40k bonus.

JustinTyem
06-30-2011, 07:00 AM
Congrats Craig,just keep ur head up and work for ur money!!!!

duluthbison
06-30-2011, 07:44 AM
Anyone notice that they forum changed their headline picture from bohl hugging a player at montana state to what they have now?

www.inforum.com

WYOBISONMAN
06-30-2011, 08:24 AM
A good deal. The guy earned an extension after last season. I still want to see how he manages the Vigen situation and the offense. He needs to make sure that runs well.....and if not, there better be changes.

Twentysix
06-30-2011, 03:19 PM

Depends how much he likes fargo, and if hes going to start a family with his new"ish" wife.

Its possible bohl could coach here for only one more year, but its also possible he coaches here for the rest of his career.

Kryo i believe your're right at 4-3 (2-2 BCS) (2-1 FBS)

stevdock
06-30-2011, 03:29 PM
I'm starting to think Bohl is coming closer and closer every season to becoming a lifetime Bison coach. I think he likes the stability of the program.

And now that we are winning again in FCS he is starting to become a bigger fish in a small pond. Add in a very nice paycheck and married to a local girl, I can see him sticking here for a long time at least until the right FBS team comes knocking and I think that would only be a good team in a Power conference.

CAS4127
06-30-2011, 03:31 PM
A good deal. The guy earned an extension after last season. I still want to see how he manages the Vigen situation and the offense. He needs to make sure that runs well.....and if not, there better be changes.

Thanks alot, Wyo!!!:duel: I hadn't thought of that issue and Vigen for a good month or so, and now you had to bring it up just before the 4th of July weekend.:mad:

ndsubison1
06-30-2011, 07:54 PM
a few forum trolls are out again. how stupid can ppl be? :facepalm:

aces1180
06-30-2011, 08:07 PM
a few forum trolls are out again. how stupid can ppl be? :facepalm:

Very (10 char)