PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling Coach

BUZZ BYEWSKI
06-28-2011, 04:16 PM
I Was Hoping The Finalists For Candidate Of Head Wrestling Coach Would Be A Little More Prestigious, Hopefully They Will Find The Right Man For The Job.

gotts
06-28-2011, 04:20 PM
Welcome To The Site. Why Do You Feel The Way You Do?

onbison09
06-28-2011, 05:38 PM
Prestigious doesn't necessarily mean a good interview (Steiner). Also we don't when Morgan withdrew his name. Nebraska's a badass program and the Lock Haven coach has connections in Oklahoma. Plus Kish has been here awhile. I was disappointed at first too but we'll see.

The Lost Dutchman
06-30-2011, 09:51 PM
Prestigious doesn't necessarily mean a good interview (Steiner). Also we don't when Morgan withdrew his name. Nebraska's a badass program and the Lock Haven coach has connections in Oklahoma. Plus Kish has been here awhile. I was disappointed at first too but we'll see.

Hasn't Kish only been an assistant here actually for 2 years? Since when is that considered awhile?

Castor Troy
06-30-2011, 10:03 PM
Hasn't Kish only been an assistant here actually for 2 years? Since when is that considered awhile?

I agree with Buzzy One Post now. This decision stinks a little if you ask me. Could Bucky actually be affecting the outcome in order for Brett to keep his job? I really hope that Gene is smarter than that, and I think he is.

I hope that Kish proves us wrong but I think that NDSU is a more prestigious job than getting a first time assistant with 2 years of coaching experience.

calelars24
06-30-2011, 11:30 PM
I agree with Buzzy One Post now. This decision stinks a little if you ask me. Could Bucky actually be affecting the outcome in order for Brett to keep his job? I really hope that Gene is smarter than that, and I think he is.

I hope that Kish proves us wrong but I think that NDSU is a more prestigious job than getting a first time assistant with 2 years of coaching experience.

I'd almost guarantee Bucky influenced this

TheDoctor
07-01-2011, 05:00 AM

Buzz Byzewski is a great man, a former wrestler himself, and has attended NDSU duals since as far back as I can remember. Anyway, when Kish asked me to write a letter of recommendation for him for the job, I thoroughly believed he would make a great head coach. The wrestlers absolutely respect his integrity, knowledge of wrestling, and his skills on the mat. Regardless of how they came to the decision to hire Roger, he was hired, and with the support of Bison fan and North Dakota wrestling fans in general will be a successful head coach at NDSU. Congratulations Roger! I know you have what it takes to turn the corner on D1! ;)

EndZoneQB
07-01-2011, 05:13 AM
I'd almost guarantee Bucky influenced this

OK, so say he did. Do you not trust his judgement or his investment in the NDSU wrestling program? He's certainly not going to purposely set anyone up for failure just because it's "his guy". He's going to want to see that his tenure wasn't wasted in a couple short years. I would expect enough of you close to the program would trust his character...

Bison Dan
07-01-2011, 12:28 PM
So how does this Voglewede get his piece in the paper so quick? A 3:00pm announcement and he gets a letter to the editor the next day? What makes everyone think this Steiner would be so good? Gene knows what he's doing and has first hand knowledge of his pick.

AmberValley
07-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Bucky still in control...
Brett keeps his job...
Steiner doesn't make top 3, easy way to narrow it to Kish...
Really no change to the program...

Wow! Lot's of chatter in the wrestling community. Check out www.guillotine.com (MN Wrestling website) and www.dakotagrappler.com (ND/SD wrestling website). I've never seen so much controversy over a coaching selection.

Check back in 4 years and we'll discuss if our predictions and worries came to fruition.

Castor Troy
07-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Well, the elephant in the room is that Bucky's transition to DI was not exactly successful. Granted, Bucky did not want to go DI. He was quoted as saying, "Football has I-AA, but the rest of us have to live in the real world." But you can't tell me that Bucky built a strong DII program into a DI program. I always thought that Bucky's team was more DI ready than the rest of the programs at NDSU.

So now all of the wrestling enthusiasts are saying that they need a coach that needs to bring the team to the next step. So now folks are saying Bucky was involved in placing Roger in the head position.

Interesting indeed.

onbison09
07-01-2011, 06:30 PM
I think the program is progressing and if that doesn't continue, I will be worried. Let's give Kish a chance but I'm skeptical

EndZoneQB
07-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Well, the elephant in the room is that Bucky's transition to DI was not exactly successful. Granted, Bucky did not want to go DI. He was quoted as saying, "Football has I-AA, but the rest of us have to live in the real world." But you can't tell me that Bucky built a strong DII program into a DI program. I always thought that Bucky's team was more DI ready than the rest of the programs at NDSU.

So now all of the wrestling enthusiasts are saying that they need a coach that needs to bring the team to the next step. So now folks are saying Bucky was involved in placing Roger in the head position.

Interesting indeed.

Oh ok, I don't follow wrestling so my statements are 100% without opinion. Makes the concerns seem a little bit more "real" when you hear it from this prospective. Thanks for shedding some light on it for me.