PDA

View Full Version : Summer of no lost players!

HerdBot
06-23-2011, 06:22 PM
For once, I would like to see us go an entire summer without any DUIs, arrests, and players lost to academic reasons. We need every player next year if were going to start the season 3-0 and beat the Gophers. These type of things let down the team, coaches, and program in general.

Outside of Sigers...so far so good. We can handle losing our 3rd string receiver and QB with a surplus in talent but thats it!

If your going to drink and party, be smart about it! I used to drink all the time and never got caught.

roadwarrior
06-23-2011, 06:22 PM
I hope your post wasn't a jinx.

HerdBot
06-23-2011, 07:34 PM

One of the guys on the BB team did today before I posted. I don't have omnipotent powers!

bisonmike2
06-23-2011, 07:57 PM
is this a 'except for the guys we already lost' or are we only talking about since the official start of summer a couple of days ago?

BisonBabe
06-23-2011, 08:29 PM
I sure the he!! hope this does not have a negative impact. You had better find a good solid piece of wood stat and knock on it til your fist hurts.

bri-dog
06-23-2011, 08:34 PM
I sure the he!! hope this does not have a negative impact. You had better find a good solid piece of wood stat and knock on it til your fist hurts.

Ummmmmmm..........:hide:

BisonBabe
06-23-2011, 09:12 PM
Ummmmmmm..........:hide:

Damn some of you guys have dirty minds :hide:

NorthernBison
06-23-2011, 09:28 PM
Gabe must have been the guy in the dugout telling the pitcher he had a no-hitter going.

gotts
06-23-2011, 10:30 PM
Gabe must have been the guy in the dugout telling the pitcher he had a no-hitter going.

Well, I won't mention the perfect game then...

MNLonghorn10
06-23-2011, 10:31 PM
nuke thread for orbit, its the only way to be sure

HerdBot
06-23-2011, 10:53 PM

He he he. Statistically speaking most f ups and jackassatries (real word)occur in July. Maybe the thread will be a good omen. Maybe we could turn it into a tutorial on how to not get caught being drunk. We have many experienced experts on the subject?

IzzyFlexion
06-24-2011, 03:59 AM
Damn some of you guys have dirty minds :hide:

Yeah, Bri!
Try to control yourself.
Is that so hard for you?
Now if you'll excuse me I have to go fix my kitchen sink faucet. It's one of those big thick ones and every time I touch it, the damn thing sprays all over me.

BlueBisonRock
06-24-2011, 04:27 AM
Yeah, Bri!
Try to control yourself.
Is that so hard for you?
Now if you'll excuse me I have to go fix my kitchen sink faucet. It's one of those big thick ones and every time I touch it, the damn thing sprays all over me.

Izzy, you likely have it wired wrong.

TransAmBison
06-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Yeah, Bri!
Try to control yourself.
Is that so hard for you?
All you have to do is touch it?

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/automotivator-181.jpg

NDstateBison81
01-27-2012, 01:26 AM
Jose Mohler man

X-Factor
01-27-2012, 02:04 AM
Jose Mohler man

what is the point of this post? 25 just wasn't enough?

HerdBot
01-27-2012, 02:15 AM
Jose Mohler man

Why are you replying to a thread that was created 8 months ago? Looking back, besides Justin Howard and Hudson, our team stayed out of trouble. The guys we lost were either due to grades or because they had no chance of playing. Hopefully we can keep up the good history of keeping our players... last year we lost Powell Calhoun, Dueschner, Jacobs (injury), Moehler (no playing time). Let's keep up the streak.

CaBisonFan
01-27-2012, 02:41 AM
If we lose 3 or 4 players each summer, I'd say that we're doing pretty well. The variables are endless...and most can't be controlled.

If we lose a player because of playing time...it means that we have guys that are better...obviously. That's a good sign for a program I guess.

Don't wanna lose anyone...but 3 or 4 would be very normal...imo.

IzzyFlexion
01-28-2012, 12:54 PM

I'm hoping his jinx wasn't a post.:)

HerdBot
01-28-2012, 01:15 PM
If we lose 3 or 4 players each summer, I'd say that we're doing pretty well. The variables are endless...and most can't be controlled.

If we lose a player because of playing time...it means that we have guys that are better...obviously. That's a good sign for a program I guess.

Don't wanna lose anyone...but 3 or 4 would be very normal...imo.

3-4 is very good. Especially if they leave because they are not getting playing time. Good opportunity to improvr your roster. We can only hope the guys who leave are freshman

BisonNeil
01-28-2012, 01:34 PM
Why are you replying to a thread that was created 8 months ago? Looking back, besides Justin Howard and Hudson, our team stayed out of trouble. The guys we lost were either due to grades or because they had no chance of playing. Hopefully we can keep up the good history of keeping our players... last year we lost Powell Calhoun, Dueschner, Jacobs (injury), Moehler (no playing time). Let's keep up the streak.

I wonder if Dueschner wishes he had played it out. It seemed to me, right or wrong, that he felt he has played well enough to keep his starting role he won after spring practice and when he did not come in the starter he just gave up, lost his passion for the game. In retrospect, he would have played a ton due to all of the injuries and he would have been a national champion. The way it played out has to be tough on his psyche.

PaBizon
01-28-2012, 02:33 PM
I wonder if Dueschner wishes he had played it out. It seemed to me, right or wrong, that he felt he has played well enough to keep his starting role he won after spring practice and when he did not come in the starter he just gave up, lost his passion for the game. In retrospect, he would have played a ton due to all of the injuries and he would have been a national champion. The way it played out has to be tough on his psyche.

You don't know that. To some people there just might be more important things in life than fb (even with a championship).

TransAmBison
01-28-2012, 03:23 PM
You don't know that. To some people there just might be more important things in life than fb (even with a championship).Those people should re-examine their priorities. :D

onbison09
01-28-2012, 04:05 PM
You don't know that. To some people there just might be more important things in life than fb (even with a championship).

DING DING DING DING DING DING. I'm sure there's a couple people on here who know the full story

56BISON73
01-28-2012, 08:42 PM

When a player loses his passion for the game hes at the end. The long hours etc just arent worth it anymore and they are ready to move on. Will he look back in retrospect? Yes. Will it be tough on him? I dont think so as he was ready to give up the game.