PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Jemison recuperating

tony
06-15-2011, 02:59 PM
Kolpack story in the Forum.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/323453/

It can take around 6 months to recover from the hip surgery Brandon. Lifting around 5am, working for a full day, then lifting at around 5pm. My idea of recuperation is a little different. Read Jeff's story to get the whole scoop.

Bison"FANatic"
06-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Good to hear the rehab is on schedule.

Jeff has done a good job this offseason with articles here and there keeping the public informed on what is going on with the programs. I hope he keeps it up and the Forum allows him more time to work on NDSU stories.

HerdBot
06-15-2011, 06:24 PM
Kolpack story in the Forum.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/323453/

It can take around 6 months to recover from the hip surgery Brandon. Lifting around 5am, working for a full day, then lifting at around 5pm. My idea of recuperation is a little different. Read Jeff's story to get the whole scoop.

I wonder if it will hurt his game. Hip surgery seems like a big deal. Anyone know anything about hip socket surgery?

CAS4127
06-15-2011, 06:30 PM
I wonder if it will hurt his game. Hip surgery seems like a big deal. Anyone know anything about hip socket surgery?

See Sydney Rice!!!!!!!

Superfan
06-15-2011, 06:38 PM
See Sydney Rice!!!!!!!

Is he a hip surgeon?

tony
06-15-2011, 06:46 PM
Hips heal on their own time. Important thing is probably not to rush it.

Which is to say: I have no clue. I'm not a doctor so I'll say something so general that it can't be wrong.

CaBisonFan
06-15-2011, 09:48 PM
Thanks for this information.

IzzyFlexion
06-15-2011, 11:39 PM

So....if your friend sticks his finger in a hip socket, does that mean that you have to??
Sorry, just reminded me of the old 70's parental psychology.
hell, did I even spell sicollegee right?

CAS4127
06-16-2011, 05:30 AM
Hips heal on their own time. Important thing is probably not to rush it.

Which is to say: I have no clue. I'm not a doctor so I'll say something so general that it can't be wrong.

Like the latter part of ur post is any different from the content of most all ur posts???!!

I KEEEEEED, I KEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!

runtheoption
06-16-2011, 02:43 PM
4 - 6 months of recovery, and hopefully he is back to full speed. It is these kinds of injuries that can make a scholarship athlete realize how important the "student" part of student-athlete truly is. Football only lasts for a few years (unless a guy makes the NFL / CFL), then it's out the door to their career's. Like it or not, grades are somewhat important.

On a related note, it is mightily impressive what these guys put themselves through to entertain us. You can talk to your high school buddies, and most of them have nagging sore spots and injuries that show up in their 30's that they can directly attribute to something that happened in high school football.

The guys I know that played 4-5 years in college see these things even earlier in life. Now imagine the guys that are in the NFL for 3 - 10 years, and how they feel in their late 30's. Let's see how Favre is doing at age 50, it could be a scary sight.

Hell, I "played" 1 season for the Bison, and can point to things going on in my body now that are because of things that happened in 1996. 2 on 1 drill, I was the LB taking on the O-Lineman and RB. I got a little tangled up in the blocker, and stuck out my arm to try and slow down a full speed, very large, Russ Hackel. Bad idea...there goes my rotator cuff. Tons of rehab, I was back to full strength and flexibility after a few months. But now at age 35, I can feel that old injury quite often.

Answer Guy
06-16-2011, 03:27 PM
Hell, I "played" 1 season for the Bison, and can point to things going on in my body now that are because of things that happened in 1996.

Played for the Bison in the mid-90's? Post the roster or it doesn't count. :irslow:

EndZoneQB
06-16-2011, 03:45 PM
4 - 6 months of recovery, and hopefully he is back to full speed. It is these kinds of injuries that can make a scholarship athlete realize how important the "student" part of student-athlete truly is. Football only lasts for a few years (unless a guy makes the NFL / CFL), then it's out the door to their career's. Like it or not, grades are somewhat important.

On a related note, it is mightily impressive what these guys put themselves through to entertain us. You can talk to your high school buddies, and most of them have nagging sore spots and injuries that show up in their 30's that they can directly attribute to something that happened in high school football.

The guys I know that played 4-5 years in college see these things even earlier in life. Now imagine the guys that are in the NFL for 3 - 10 years, and how they feel in their late 30's. Let's see how Favre is doing at age 50, it could be a scary sight.

Hell, I "played" 1 season for the Bison, and can point to things going on in my body now that are because of things that happened in 1996. 2 on 1 drill, I was the LB taking on the O-Lineman and RB. I got a little tangled up in the blocker, and stuck out my arm to try and slow down a full speed, very large, Russ Hackel. Bad idea...there goes my rotator cuff. Tons of rehab, I was back to full strength and flexibility after a few months. But now at age 35, I can feel that old injury quite often.

Sadly true. I can tell you my lower back has never been the same after a similar drill. Tackling someone on the pick a hole drill, my feet slipped out from under me on the super dry field and bent my back the wrong way. Have lots of little nagging things too with my knees and a nasty broken pinky finger.

CAS4127
06-16-2011, 04:04 PM
Sadly true. I can tell you my lower back has never been the same after a similar drill. Tackling someone on the pick a hole drill, my feet slipped out from under me on the super dry field and bent my back the wrong way. Have lots of little nagging things too with my knees and a nasty broken pinky finger.

I am a physical specimen, myself. I have no pains, aches, scars or weird looking body parts as a result of my football years. My agent is currently trying to get Hershel Walker lined up for an ultimate fighting match, but Hershel is running and hiding from it--also looking at a possible Lesner fight!!

gotts
06-16-2011, 06:01 PM
I am a physical specimen, myself. I have no pains, aches, scars or weird looking body parts as a result of my football years. My agent is currently trying to get Hershel Walker lined up for an ultimate fighting match, but Hershel is running and hiding from it--also looking at a possible Lesner fight!!

Hiring Answer Guy as your agent is the best decision you've ever made!

Answer Guy
06-16-2011, 06:16 PM
Hiring Answer Guy as your agent is the best decision you've ever made!

"Hiring"? :confused: Anyone ever actually seen his wallet?

CAS4127
06-16-2011, 06:19 PM

It's usually in my wife's purse--Note likely knows what I am talking about!

EndZoneQB
06-16-2011, 06:21 PM

Yours? Nope. I just see you eating everyone elses food at tailgating...

Answer Guy
06-16-2011, 06:25 PM
It's usually in my wife's purse--Note likely knows what I am talking about!

Note said his was a European shoulder bag. :confused:

JustinTyem
06-17-2011, 01:04 AM
Brandon,Bo Jackson and Brett Favre have the same injury, It ended Bo's career and had surgery,while Brett played with it,and no surgery. So its like poker,you never really know until you flip the cards........

BadlandsBison
06-17-2011, 01:19 AM
Brandon,Bo Jackson and Brett Favre have the same injury, It ended Bo's career and had surgery,while Brett played with it,and no surgery. So its like poker,you never really know until you flip the cards........

Didn't Bo get a nasty injury though?

IzzyFlexion
06-17-2011, 10:12 AM

Bo Jackson's hip condition was not congenital. It occured while he was dragged down from behind in a game. In addition, he/they opted to delay treatment for a period of time in which most experts agree was far too long.

JustinTyem
06-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Bo Jackson's hip condition was not congenital. It occured while he was dragged down from behind in a game. In addition, he/they opted to delay treatment for a period of time in which most experts agree was far too long.

Thankyou Izzy,My bad for not looking up the info correctly. But either way,this is a tough injury.

Superfan
06-20-2011, 01:56 PM

Key words here..."as a result of my football years." Just sayin. :)