PDA

View Full Version : DJ McNorton in FCS Football Ad

CaBisonFan
06-15-2011, 04:43 AM
You know...I will get down on my knees and beg for forgiveness if this has already been posted...so please have a little mercy on me if it has. And if it's an ad from last year...I 'will' my credit card debt to anyone who doesn't like it.

DJ appears in the promo ad for college football on FCS television. He's scoring a touchdown while the announcer mentions the MVFC. They play the 'best of USC & UCLA' football many times a week down here...and that's when the ad appeared.

I don't know where you could see it other than to hang out on FCS and wait for it to be shown.

MNLonghorn10
06-15-2011, 10:19 AM
seriously? do you do this in your spare time or do you already have best of ucla episode dvr'd and this commercial happened to air so you go back and watch the td 30 times a day?

westnodak93bison
06-15-2011, 01:53 PM
seriously? do you do this in your spare time or do you already have best of ucla episode dvr'd and this commercial happened to air so you go back and watch the td 30 times a day?

apparently your mom never gave you the advice or you ignored it...."If you don't have something nice to say don't say it". What do you care what he does in his spare time?

MNLonghorn10
06-15-2011, 04:00 PM
apparently your mom never gave you the advice or you ignored it...."If you don't have something nice to say don't say it". What do you care what he does in his spare time?

because its the offseason? i already know you harvest mud and collect paint chips in your spare time.

HerdBot
06-15-2011, 04:11 PM
You know...I will get down on my knees and beg for forgiveness if this has already been posted...so please have a little mercy on me if it has. And if it's an ad from last year...I 'will' my credit card debt to anyone who doesn't like it.

DJ appears in the promo ad for college football on FCS television. He's scoring a touchdown while the announcer mentions the MVFC. They play the 'best of USC & UCLA' football many times a week down here...and that's when the ad appeared.

I don't know where you could see it other than to hang out on FCS and wait for it to be shown.

Cool. I suppose you dont see a whole lot of Bison coverage in California during the offseason. To complete your Bison coverage fix you'll have to watch that annoying show on Lifetime! Lol! (Its really annoying. So annoying I think they cancelled it)

Bison bison
06-15-2011, 05:14 PM
because its the offseason? i already know you harvest mud and collect paint chips in your spare time.

Is Baby Longhorn Grumpy?

BlueBisonRock
06-15-2011, 07:16 PM
Is Baby Longhorn Grumpy?

It appears so. I am guessing sometime in the last 25 years, someone stole his horns.

bisonmike2
06-15-2011, 07:25 PM
It appears so. I am guessing sometime in the last 25 years, someone stole his horns.

He's just pissed that Nebraska left the Big 12 and thus Texas will no longer be able to beat up on them in football. :facepalm:

MNLonghorn10
06-15-2011, 08:39 PM
seriously who wants to wait for a 2 second clip in a commercial of mcnorton running into the endzone?

i mean by all means, if thats how you want to kill an evening, be my guest. but this thread is hardly necessary, stick it in the roaming bison thread and then the circle jerk of this highlight can continue

CaBisonFan
06-15-2011, 08:58 PM
seriously who wants to wait for a 2 second clip in a commercial of mcnorton running into the endzone?

i mean by all means, if thats how you want to kill an evening, be my guest. but this thread is hardly necessary, stick it in the roaming bison thread and then the circle jerk of this highlight can continue

Sigh...another thread basher. It's become a new hobby on bisonville.

For about the 100th time...I hereby give you permission 'not' to read this thread. Oh...and you don't have to wait to watch the ad...:cool:

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41783_43292587627_4180070_n.jpg

CaBisonFan
06-15-2011, 09:47 PM

I'm actually a little amused by this. You're saying that I waste my time...and here you are...wasting your time.

MNLonghorn10
06-15-2011, 10:34 PM
I'm actually a little amused by this. You're saying that I waste my time...and here you are...wasting your time.

typing that took 10 seconds, im not waiting 30 minutes to see a 2 second td clip

Gully
06-15-2011, 11:01 PM

Why do you have to be such a Richard?

MNLonghorn10
06-15-2011, 11:12 PM
Why do you have to be such a Richard?

cause you touch yourself at night?

HerdBot
06-15-2011, 11:30 PM
typing that took 10 seconds, im not waiting 30 minutes to see a 2 second td clip

Not sure if your aware but there is a new groundbreaking technology called a DVR. You can fast forward and rewind commercials. They've only been around for, uh, 10 years! :)

I get fired up for football when I hear thunderstruck. Lakes even threatened a senator and stalked the Wisconsin transfers girlfriend. He probably touches himself when watches the Craig Bohl football show and while posting on the Gopher Hole. So cut CA some slack. Were all a little nutty

IzzyFlexion
06-15-2011, 11:33 PM

Whoops! That's another 10 seconds.
Only 29 minutes and 40 to go.

CaBisonFan
06-15-2011, 11:42 PM
cause you touch yourself at night?

longhorn...tell me that you never surf channels and watch something to fall asleep to. hilarious

It's ok folks. I'm amused with this one. Feels like I'm visiting an opponent's board. That's a part of the bisonville experience now.

CaBisonFan
06-16-2011, 12:12 AM

There's a station out of LA that shows these games consistently. Just happened to be surfing and this was on. For lack of anything better to watch, I watched maybe 30 minutes...and the commercial happened to be there. Feeling better now?

You are hilarious. I watched it twice just to make sure that it was DJ.

BlueBisonRock
06-16-2011, 12:17 AM
There's a station out of LA that shows these games consistently. Just happened to be surfing and this was on. For lack of anything better to watch, I watched maybe 30 minutes...and the commercial happened to be there. Feeling better now?

You are hilarious. I watched it twice just to make sure that it was DJ.

Can you give us a pointer or URL to the station? I would be happy to watch the entire 30 minutes to view these two seconds as it would give me time to practice and learn this new horny Bison hand sign BV has used for 25 years.

4mcruenomore
06-16-2011, 02:09 AM
Can you give us a pointer or URL to the station? I would be happy to watch the entire 30 minutes to view these two seconds as it would give me time to practice and learn this new horny Bison hand sign BV has used for 25 years.

I don't think that BV has used it for 25 years, but I guess it's new to alot of people on the board I guess.

BisonNeil
06-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Well, here is an article that starts out with NDSU football. I hope I don't piss someone off for posting the link.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/haley/index.htm

BlueBisonRock
06-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Well, here is an article that starts out with NDSU football. I hope I don't piss someone off for posting the link.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/haley/index.htm

Come on now Neil, the article covers marketing of football, not the game. How can you even think of posting such a thing.

Thanks. There are some great marketing ideas presented. Who knows, they might just get used.

Scooter1
06-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Come on now Neil, the article covers marketing of football, not the game. How can you even think of posting such a thing.

Thanks. There are some great marketing ideas presented. Who knows, they might just get used.

Here's a GREAT marketing approach....
The 2010 Bison Football media guide is now up on the Gobison.com website for download. :blush:

Everyone in that department should be fired.

GRAFTONBISON
06-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Here's a GREAT marketing approach....
The 2010 Bison Football media guide is now up on the Gobison.com website for download. :blush:

Everyone in that department should be fired.

Unbelievable:facepalm:

Tatanka
06-16-2011, 05:06 PM
Umbelievable:facepalm:

http://assets.chicagobears.com/uploads/coaches/headshots/thumbs/5.jpg
Fixed.

Scooter1
06-16-2011, 05:48 PM
http://assets.chicagobears.com/uploads/coaches/headshots/thumbs/5.jpg
Fixed.

That's right, folks! When prospective athletes download NDSU's recently added media guide, they will get a blow by blow account of NDSU and their 3-8 season in the recap section. They'll read about our up and coming star QB Jose Mohler as he starts his sophomore campaign...and more.

I can't wait until next June for the 2011 media guide!!!

TheBisonator
06-16-2011, 08:31 PM
Is the 2011 media guide coming out soon?? I sure would like to download that, assuming I don't have to wait till next June to do so.

GRAFTONBISON
06-16-2011, 08:39 PM
Is the 2011 media guide coming out soon?? I sure would like to download that, assuming I don't have to wait till next June to do so.

If recent history is any indicator, check back in June of 2012.:facepalm:

Jdubs21
06-17-2011, 12:23 PM

but your so cool and sit on BV longer than it prolly took CA to see the commercial. Your evenings must be very productive

Twentysix
06-17-2011, 04:49 PM
Fail troll fails.

HerdBot
06-17-2011, 10:30 PM

Just as bad... the You Tube site "be herd" has added 1 video in 2 years. We live in the You Tube generation. Get with the program!

coldspot
06-18-2011, 03:16 AM
Just as bad... the You Tube site "be herd" has added 1 video in 2 years. We live in the You Tube generation. Get with the program!

our media relations is embarrassing.

gotts
06-18-2011, 06:09 AM
our media relations is embarrassing.

I wish media relations was relevant and active enough to actually be embarrassing. They're no better than non-existent, really.

HerdBot
06-18-2011, 09:02 PM
I wish media relations was relevant and active enough to actually be embarrassing. They're no better than non-existent, really.

Apparently its too much work to update Twitter, Facebook, You Tube, AND put the media guide on the website at the same time. The website is slightly improved. Still no android or phone app. Great promo videos are being made but they are worthless if they don't put them on the website and nobody sees them. Aren't we paying someone to do this? MOST D2 schools do a better job. We should be embarrassed.

Be Herd only has the 2009 horrible laundry commercial but not the 10k Bison strong from last year.

Details suck. Recruits see s**- like this and you only have 1 chance to make a 1st impression

4mcruenomore
06-19-2011, 11:04 PM
I don't think Pat Simmers does any better either. I know he has some fans on BV, but I think he needs to go as well. I will never forget the personal call from him "I heard you were standing and yelling and wouldn't sit down when asked to, I have had a couple of complaints about you"

onbison09
06-19-2011, 11:27 PM
Apparently its too much work to update Twitter, Facebook, You Tube, AND put the media guide on the website at the same time. The website is slightly improved. Still no android or phone app. Great promo videos are being made but they are worthless if they don't put them on the website and nobody sees them. Aren't we paying someone to do this? MOST D2 schools do a better job. We should be embarrassed.

Be Herd only has the 2009 horrible laundry commercial but not the 10k Bison strong from last year.

Details suck. Recruits see s**- like this and you only have 1 chance to make a 1st impression
The promo videos are badass but for example, they just put up 3 this weekend that were made after the season that have been on the board for months. Maybe it's part of the contract or something I guess but it can't be that hard. As for the media guide :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

onbison09
06-19-2011, 11:28 PM

They have an NDSU football one they add stuff to occasionally. (emphasis on occasionally) If they just stuck with one, it wouldn't be so bad.

houndawg
06-21-2011, 12:46 PM

I wouldn't worry about it too much, they understand that the area is remote and sparsely populated and that modern technology and conveniences take some time to work their way to areas off the beaten path.

EndZoneQB
06-21-2011, 12:57 PM
I wouldn't worry about it too much, they understand that the area is remote and sparsely populated and that modern technology and conveniences take some time to work their way to areas off the beaten path.

Must be a little slow over there on those SIU forums. Good thing Carbondale is the lap of luxury.

Tatanka
06-21-2011, 02:07 PM

:facepalm2:

That's rich. I suppose next you'll tell us Carbondale is on the beaten path...

:rolleyes:

TheBisonator
06-21-2011, 09:48 PM
:facepalm2:

That's rich. I suppose next you'll tell us Carbondale is on the beaten path...

:rolleyes:

Carbondale is, as Borat would say, a "SHEET-hole."