18. Southern Illinois
19. Montana
20. Liberty
21. Northwestern State
22. Eastern Kentucky
23. Indiana State
24. Central Arkansas
25. Jacksonville

that home game against Georgia southern would have been awesome. Too bad they're a bunch of pussies.

Gully
05-26-2011, 12:23 PM
I'm surprised Montana State is so high. I thought they lost an awful lot.

Jim Puetz
05-26-2011, 01:01 PM
That and the fact that they got the crap kicked out of them in the last game of the season.

bison boy
05-26-2011, 01:05 PM
Just where we want to be

JSUBison
05-26-2011, 01:05 PM
Sacramento State is kind of stretch at #15, but I can see the thought process behind it. But Northwestern State is a joke. What was it about their 2010 season that shows promise for this year? Was it their record of 5-6 coming off of a 0-11 season the year before? Could it be them holding Air Force to 65 points? Or maybe it was the fact that they scored 24 points against UND but still managed to lose by 25.

http://michigan-football.com/ncaa/f/nwstate.htm

Facts
05-26-2011, 01:25 PM
that home game against Georgia southern would have been awesome. Too bad they're a bunch of pussies.

found a GSU roster photo:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_MtlgRYhPNts/TOtGDsrDfYI/AAAAAAAAAAQ/1WfKES2XRDI/s1600/lgwiz02715%252Bfluffy-kittens-cute-baby-cats-poster.jpg

Tatanka
05-26-2011, 01:28 PM
Sacramento State is kind of stretch at #15, but I can see the thought process behind it. But Northwestern State is a joke. What was it about their 2010 season that shows promise for this year? Was it their record of 5-6 coming off of a 0-11 season the year before? Could it be them holding Air Force to 65 points? Or maybe it was the fact that they scored 24 points against UND but still managed to lose by 25.

great. Now they're going to claim moral victories based on predictions of future rankings in preseason polls that are close to 100% subjective.

HerdBot
05-26-2011, 01:42 PM
Just where we want to be

Yep. Northern Iowa can't use the fact we're ranked higher as motivation. I guess they will have to use Klieman as their motivation.

HerdBot
05-26-2011, 01:44 PM

I second that! I mean why play us when you can face a powderhouse like Prezbeterian!

VanClubPres
05-26-2011, 01:55 PM
Suprised to see SDSU not in the top 25, but a good amount of Valley schools nonetheless. Let's knock off UN-Iowa this year.

HerdBot
05-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Suprised to see SDSU not in the top 25, but a good amount of Valley schools nonetheless. Let's knock off UN-Iowa this year.

Its cool seeing Indiana State get some respect. Its one of my 3 predicted losses. They've come a long way. I think their jr or sr class has like a dozen rivals 2-3 star players. Phenomenal turnaround. Great job by the staff.

cbline
05-26-2011, 02:49 PM
Its cool seeing Indiana State get some respect. Its one of my 3 predicted losses. They've come a long way. I think their jr or sr class has like a dozen rivals 2-3 star players. Phenomenal turnaround. Great job by the staff.

A personal story about Indiana State: my wife and I helped chaperone a band and choir trip to Florida for the Lake Park-Audubon High School. We stopped at an elementary school in Terre Haute for a midday bus break and for a performance for the elementary kids. As we helped set up, I started talking with school paraprofessional, and we started on MVFC football. Small world.

MNLonghorn10
05-26-2011, 04:56 PM
i figured ndsu would be around 8-10...11 aint too bad. i expect that to go up since ndsu has favorable home games compared to the road games

THEsocalledfan
05-26-2011, 05:03 PM
This poll is proof that the Big Sky is superior to the MVFC. Note how much higher Montana State and Eastern Washington are and it is a well known fact, NDSU could never give those high flying programs a real game.

Man, if we had only taken the UND route of moving up too late, and losing our whole recruiting base and excellent coach, just think where we could be!

By the way, where is the crazy speed team?

CaBisonFan
05-26-2011, 08:33 PM
The MVFC is stronger than this poll shows. It's a political poll.

If Brock or Esley emerges...we'll be in the top 5 by mid-season. It's where we belong.

HerdBot
05-26-2011, 08:43 PM
The MVFC is stronger than this poll shows. It's a political poll.

If Brock or Esley emerges...we'll be in the top 5 by mid-season. It's where we belong.

Its proof that the pollstars are big time Big Sky supporters. After a few more years of success we will see us ranked higher. I think Illinois State and Western Illinois should be ranked higher than Sacramento State. Actually WIU deserves to be ranked higher than Indiana State, IMO.

This poll is pretty much crap.

CAS4127
05-26-2011, 08:55 PM
Its proof that the pollstars are big time Big Sky supporters. After a few more years of success we will see us ranked higher. I think Illinois State and Western Illinois should be ranked higher than Sacramento State. Actually WIU deserves to be ranked higher than Indiana State, IMO.

It's not a bad starting point at all though, and if we win our first 3, I'm betting we are sitting close to or in top 5 heading into conference play.

DjKyRo
05-26-2011, 09:07 PM
Just sent in my Top 25 ballot on AGS. Feel free to rail away if anything looks totally whack.

1: Appalachian State Mountaineers
2: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
3: William & Mary Tribe
4: Georgia Southern Eagles
5: Northern Iowa Panthers
6: North Dakota State Bison
7: Villanova Wildcats
8: Eastern Washington Eagles
9: Montana State Bobcats
10: Southern Illinois Salukis
11: Richmond Spiders
12: South Carolina State Bulldogs
13: Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks
14: Montana Grizzlies
15: Wofford Terriers
16: Chattanooga Mocs
17: Texas State Bobcats
18: Indiana State Sycamores
19: Jacksonville State Gamecock
20: South Alabama Jaguars
21: Lehigh Mountain Hawks
22: Cal Poly Mustangs
23: Central Arkansas Bears
24: UMass Minutemen
25: Liberty Flames

Bison05
05-26-2011, 09:13 PM
Indiana State appeared after getting votes in one preseason poll last year (more votes than the Bison) and we all scoffed at that. Their turnaround has been remarkable and are no longer the doormat of the league. I think they deserve to be ranked where they are. That's going to be a tough game in Terre Haute this season.

rabidrabbit
05-26-2011, 11:06 PM
Just sent in my Top 25 ballot on AGS. Feel free to rail away if anything looks totally whack.

Is Texas St going to be eligible this year? IIRC, they're beginning FBS transition, so will be more that 63 schollies this year, and therefore, ineligible. Both So Alabama and Texas St. will be ineligible because more schollies that FCS maximum. Other than that pretty solid poke at it.

DjKyRo
05-26-2011, 11:30 PM
Is Texas St going to be eligible this year? IIRC, they're beginning FBS transition, so will be more that 63 schollies this year, and therefore, ineligible. Both So Alabama and Texas St. will be ineligible because more schollies that FCS maximum. Other than that pretty solid poke at it.

From my understanding ineligible for postseason doesn't mean they no longer compete at the FCS level. Er, that's worded strangely, but basically it's my understanding that they are still included in the polls despite their impending reclassification. Could be way off, in which case I feel like a total chode.

Herd
05-27-2011, 01:12 AM

If the rest of the MVFC sucked, and UNI and NDSU could pick up 6 easy conf wins ala MSU, EWU and Montana every year, then I guess we would be ranked that high too. The Valley is stronger from top to bottom. We already know the only 2 teams with a shot in the Big Sky.

HerdBot
05-27-2011, 03:26 AM
It's not a bad starting point at all though, and if we win our first 3, I'm betting we are sitting close to or in top 5 heading into conference play.

I agree. 4-0 start or 3-1 with a close loss to the Gophers brings us close to the top.

It annoys me that Montana State is 7 spots ahead of us when we we're clearly the much better team. They will claim they are returning a ton of players and had a freshman QB. So are we except anyone who knows anything about football knows this is going to be a ridiculously good defense. We were great last year. This D is better. So many players who were good as freshman. They have the players, coaches, experience, and depth to just kick everybodys ass. Sacramento State only 4 spots behind us?

Maybe it will provide that extra bullatin board material ...

EndZoneQB
05-27-2011, 03:41 AM
From my understanding ineligible for postseason doesn't mean they no longer compete at the FCS level. Er, that's worded strangely, but basically it's my understanding that they are still included in the polls despite their impending reclassification. Could be way off, in which case I feel like a total chode.

I think that is safe to assume - considering NDSU was still including in the polls when we were transitioning. I'm pretty sure we were in the DII poll for the first 1-2 years, right?

Everyone settle down, what poll is this even? If it's not one of the major one, it might as well be put together by the guy down the street.

06panther10
05-27-2011, 03:52 AM
If the rest of the MVFC sucked, and UNI and NDSU could pick up 6 easy conf wins ala MSU, EWU and Montana every year, then I guess we would be ranked that high too. The Valley is stronger from top to bottom. We already know the only 2 teams with a shot in the Big Sky.

+1

That's the Big Sky way of life. Usually 1 good team, 1 decent team, and the rest are a bunch of easy wins.

THEsocalledfan
05-27-2011, 03:38 PM

But yet, Big Sky is clearly superior right? I mean, the buthockies are in there so it has to be better, right? They know more than SDSU, USD, and NDSU, right?

BisonNeil
05-27-2011, 07:57 PM

Great post! Thanks for making my day!!

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

ndsubison1
05-27-2011, 09:28 PM
I think Eastern Washington has to be number 1 in my eyes. Their back up RB last season will be solid filling in for Jones

onbison09
05-27-2011, 09:34 PM
I think Eastern Washington has to be number 1 in my eyes. Their back up RB last season will be solid filling in for Jones

Is Mitchell still their QB? He's solid but if you hit him in the mouth he struggles a little.

bpcats
05-27-2011, 11:08 PM
I think that the Big Sky and MVFC are pretty even overall. With the additions of Cal Poly, SUU, UC Davis and UND will help raise the level of play in the Big Sky.

The Big Sky is becoming more competitive as teams like Sac State and UNC draw on a talent rich recruiting base.

NDSU has good team returning but really need some semblance of a passing game to make any push in the playoffs.

EndZoneQB
05-27-2011, 11:13 PM
I think that the Big Sky and MVFC are pretty even overall. With the additions of Cal Poly, SUU*, UC Davis and UND* will help raise the level of play in the Big Sky.

The Big Sky is becoming more competitive as teams like Sac State and UNC draw on a talent rich recruiting base.

NDSU has good team returning but really need some semblance of a passing game to make any push in the playoffs.**

*Really?

**Just like 42-17?? I keed, I keed, that is something that we all want.

NDSUstudent
05-27-2011, 11:49 PM
I think that the Big Sky and MVFC are pretty even overall. With the additions of Cal Poly, SUU, UC Davis and UND will help raise the level of play in the Big Sky.

NDSU has good team returning but really need some semblance of a passing game to make any push in the playoffs.

I get California but Colorado is a football recruiting hotbed? Might be the first time I've heard that.

Twentysix
05-28-2011, 02:22 AM
#1 W&M
#2 GStrnU
#5 NDSU
#6 MontSU
#7 EWU
#8 UNIowa
#15 SDSU
#20 InSU
#22 SIU

I think WIU will fall off this year. Probably 5-6 or 6-5

Did not count Tx St UTSA or USA.

Twentysix
05-28-2011, 02:30 AM
I get California but Colorado is a Cartoon creator recruiting hotbed? Might be the first time I've heard that.

fixed it for you.

Twentysix
05-28-2011, 02:32 AM

No love for SDSU? I think they will be back. 3 MVFC teams in playoffs again this year, NDSU SDSU and either UNI or SIU.

EndZoneQB
05-28-2011, 02:58 AM
Triple post, really? You know there is a multi-quote button right?

Twentysix
05-28-2011, 03:32 AM
Triple post, really? You know there is a multi-quote button right?

How else will i ever attain your post numbers.

BlueBisonRock
05-28-2011, 04:33 AM
How else will i ever attain your post numbers.

You are in good shape. After all, its not how much you say, its what you say.

Twentysix
05-28-2011, 04:42 AM
You are in good shape. After all, its not how much you say, its what you say.

I was mocking him. If you look at the time stamp, those 3 posts are over a 10minute period. Its not 9:22 9:22 9:23.

BlueBisonRock
05-28-2011, 04:45 AM
I was mocking him. If you look at the time stamp, those 3 posts are over a 10minute period.

And you weren't getting mocked yourself?

Twentysix
05-28-2011, 04:52 AM
And you weren't getting mocked yourself?

The mockee mocks the mocker to make the original mocker the mockee?

Honestly this has nothing to do with polls. Ill get back to your next post tommorow.

DjKyRo
05-28-2011, 11:50 AM
No love for SDSU? I think they will be back. 3 MVFC teams in playoffs again this year, NDSU SDSU and either UNI or SIU.

Coming off a non-playoff year and losing Minett and Domino (to name a few) I don't see what the basis of a ranking right now is.

Twentysix
05-28-2011, 12:33 PM
Coming off a non-playoff year and losing Minett and Domino (to name a few) I don't see what the basis of a ranking right now is.

I can see where your coming from. I definetly threw SDSU a bone in my ranking, though like SIU and Montana I dont see them staying down for long.

CHADSTAUS
05-28-2011, 05:04 PM
I wanna lay the "poll" to UNI this year.

ndsubison1
05-29-2011, 01:12 AM

i would switch EWU and delaware. hens lost 7 starters from the best defense in the country. plus they lost qb pat devlin. ewu returns quite a bit and losing jones wont be as huge of a deal as everybody thinks

DjKyRo
05-30-2011, 06:09 AM
i would switch EWU and delaware. hens lost 7 starters from the best defense in the country. plus they lost qb pat devlin. ewu returns quite a bit and losing jones wont be as huge of a deal as everybody thinks

I'm with you on the Devlin part, but a big part of the reason Delaware seems to always reload is their ability to snag transfers from big programs. Kind of counting on that, but EWU is a bit more tough to gauge for me. Anytime an FCS team loses a 4th-rounder, it's a lot to replace.

msupigskin
05-30-2011, 12:53 PM
I don't see So Alabama in the poll already with a new program and I think SIU's program is still suspect. Look for Murray State to make a big move this year coming off of 6-5 season with EVERYONE back on offense that was among the best in the nation once it found the right parts at mid-season last year.

DjKyRo
05-30-2011, 06:40 PM
The first AGS Preseason Poll just came out:

1 Eastern Washington Eagles 1182 (35)
2 Georgia Southern Eagles 1088 (6)
3 William & Mary Tribe 1081 (4)
4 Appalachian State Mountaineers 1059 (3)
5 Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens 978
6 Montana State Bobcats 884
7 Wofford Terriers 830 0
8 North Dakota State Bison 735
9 Northern Iowa Panthers 731
10 New Hampshire Wildcats 703
11 Montana Grizzlies 526
12 Villanova Wildcats 513 (1)
13 Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks 496
14 Lehigh Mountain Hawks 429
15 Richmond Spiders 375
16 James Madison Dukes 365
17 Chattanooga Mocs 363
18 Liberty Flames 309
19 Cal Poly Mustangs 244
20 South Carolina State Bulldogs 230
21 Southeast Missouri State Redhawks 188
22 Southern Illinois Salukis 187
23 Central Arkansas Bears 163
24 Bethune-Cookman Wildcats 127
25 McNeese State Cowboys 125

Other Receiving Votes:

Western Illinois Leathernecks 100, Southern Utah Thunderbirds 98, Indiana State Sycamores 60, Eastern Kentucky Colonels 57, Old Dominion Monarchs 47, Florida A&M Rattlers 45, Harvard Crimson 44, South Dakota State Jackrabbits 41, Furman Paladins 33, Robert Morris Colonials 27, Jacksonville Dolphins 26, North Dakota Fighting Sioux 25, Murray State Racers 22, Weber State Wildcats 19, Elon Phoenix 19

DjKyRo
05-30-2011, 06:42 PM
Kind of surprised to see how much love EWU got. I figured they'd be in the top 3 but they got a pretty overwhelming number of first-place votes. Really buy the Montana State bit, McGhee is going to take that team places. No reason we should be ranked higher than UNI right now. Absolutely hilarious to see UND on this in any way, shape, or form.

ndsubison1
05-30-2011, 07:33 PM
Not surprised to see EWU at 1 at all. They should be the clear cut favorite with what I believe is 15 starters back. QB Mitchell, one of the best DL's in the country, LB Matt Johnson and WR Brandon Kaufman are all back

NDSUFREAK
05-30-2011, 07:34 PM
Yea what the hell....und getting any votes? How homerish can their fans be.

tony
05-30-2011, 07:41 PM
I'm surprised Youngstown State didn't get any votes.

Hambone
05-30-2011, 08:30 PM
Yea what the hell....und getting any votes? How homerish can their fans be.
Well, I definitely don't have them on mine, and I would think based on the criteria there are only a couple UND fans that even would qualify to vote in the poll. Maybe someone mistakenly put them instead of the Bison?

EDIT - Ursus just said that a member meant to vote for the Bison instead of UND, so that's where a lot of the points came from. So, Freak - I'm expecting an apology from you calling UND fans homers :)

NDSUFREAK
05-30-2011, 11:12 PM
Well, I definitely don't have them on mine, and I would think based on the criteria there are only a couple UND fans that even would qualify to vote in the poll. Maybe someone mistakenly put them instead of the Bison?

EDIT - Ursus just said that a member meant to vote for the Bison instead of UND, so that's where a lot of the points came from. So, Freak - I'm expecting an apology from you calling UND fans homers :)

ehh, no I won't be apologizing because I know plenty of sue fans that would do what I thought was done in the voting for und.

but thank you for clearing that up.

TheBisonator
05-30-2011, 11:45 PM

Being referred to the wrong school will always be an issue for both NDSU and UND. Here in Canada, I've told people I went to North Dakota State and people have told me they recognized our great hockey team. UND's field passes said "North Dakota State Bison" on them the last time they played in the DII championship game. The WCHA Red Baron poster. Just last week when the Bison softball team was on ESPN in the playoffs, the intro graphics on ESPN were UND and the Sioux logo.

I'm not a Bill Kiefer apologist or anything, but the state did a very stupid thing IMO back in the 1880's when they established two co-flagship universities instead of doing what Nebraska or Wyoming does. Doesn't mean I don't love NDSU and despise UND, but hindsight is 20/20.

msupigskin
05-31-2011, 12:05 AM
Regarding the AGS poll - Southeast MO won't even be in the top three in the OVC. It will be Jax State, EKU and Murray State (in no certain order). I'd even put TN State ahead of SEMO. Racers lost to #23 Central Arkansas on blocked FG as time expired (at CAU). That game was before MSU made mid-season lineup changes at RB and QB. Just one Murray fan's perspective, but the Racers will be a factor this year - ENTIRE offense returning.

4mcruenomore
05-31-2011, 01:38 AM
If someone honestly voted for the wrong school, pm an administrator and get it changed, UND getting any votes is a joke. Duluth or Sioux Falls would get more votes than them in a FCS poll at this point.

Hammersmith
05-31-2011, 03:22 AM
If someone honestly voted for the wrong school, pm an administrator and get it changed, UND getting any votes is a joke. Duluth or Sioux Falls would get more votes than them in a FCS poll at this point.

It was changed a couple hours ago. There were also problems with Jax St and Penn being left out due to a glitch.

Updated AGS Poll:

1 Eastern Washington Eagles 1182 (35)
2 Georgia Southern Eagles 1088 (6)
3 William & Mary Tribe 1081 (4)
4 Appalachian State Mountaineers 1059 (3)
5 Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens 978
6 Montana State Bobcats 884
7 Wofford Terriers 830
8 North Dakota State Bison 749
9 Northern Iowa Panthers 731
10 New Hampshire Wildcats 703
11 Jacksonville State Gamecocks 633
12 Montana Grizzlies 526
13 Villanova Wildcats 513 (1)
14 Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks 496
15 Lehigh Mountain Hawks 429
16 Richmond Spiders 375
17 James Madison Dukes 365
18 Chattanooga Mocs 363
19 Liberty Flames 309
20 Cal Poly Mustangs 244
21 South Carolina State Bulldogs 230
22 Southeast Missouri State Redhawks 188
23 Southern Illinois Salukis 187
24 Central Arkansas Bears 163
25 Bethune-Cookman Wildcats 127

Other Receiving Votes:

McNeese State Cowboys 125, Pennsylvania Quakers 114, Western Illinois Leathernecks 100, Southern Utah Thunderbirds 98, Indiana State Sycamores 60, Eastern Kentucky Colonels 57, Old Dominion Monarchs 47, Florida A&M Rattlers 45, Harvard Crimson 44, South Dakota State Jackrabbits 41, Furman Paladins 33, Robert Morris Colonials 27, Jacksonville Dolphins 26, Murray State Racers 22, Weber State Wildcats 19, Elon Phoenix 19

MN_Moose
05-31-2011, 11:40 AM
the state did a very stupid thing IMO back in the 1880's when they established two co-flagship universities instead of doing what Nebraska or Wyoming does. Doesn't mean I don't love NDSU and despise UND, but hindsight is 20/20.

The differential is very welcome in Iowa. No one seems to confuse U of Iowa and Iowa State.

56BISON73
05-31-2011, 02:19 PM
Being referred to the wrong school will always be an issue for both NDSU and UND. Here in Canada, I've told people I went to North Dakota State and people have told me they recognized our great hockey team. UND's field passes said "North Dakota State Bison" on them the last time they played in the DII championship game. The WCHA Red Baron poster. Just last week when the Bison softball team was on ESPN in the playoffs, the intro graphics on ESPN were UND and the Sioux logo.

I'm not a Bill Kiefer apologist or anything, but the state did a very stupid thing IMO back in the 1880's when they established two co-flagship universities instead of doing what Nebraska or Wyoming does. Doesn't mean I don't love NDSU and despise UND, but hindsight is 20/20.

It was stupid because canucks and some others dont know the difference between NDSU and UND????? To think not having either school because of confusion with name recognition or place is beyond me.

roadwarrior
05-31-2011, 02:27 PM
I'm not a Bill Kiefer apologist or anything, but the state did a very stupid thing IMO back in the 1880's when they established two co-flagship universities instead of doing what Nebraska or Wyoming does.

North Dakota did not establish two universities back in the 1800's. They established a university and an agricultural school.

Twentysix
06-07-2011, 02:59 PM
North Dakota did not establish two universities back in the 1800's. They established a university and an agricultural school.

North Dakota didnt establish UND, or did they? Its from wiki so it could be wrong.

UND was founded in 1883, six years before North Dakota became a state.

The bill founding North Dakota Agricultural College (NDAC) was signed on March 8, 1890, seven years after initial plans to start an agricultural college in the northern portion of the Dakota Territory. NDAC was established as a land grant university.[4]

56BISON73
06-07-2011, 09:14 PM
North Dakota didnt establish UND, or did they? Its from wiki so it could be wrong.

Please can someone explain what "land grant" means as opposed to other universities. Serious question.

CAS4127
06-07-2011, 09:21 PM
Please can someone explain what "land grant" means as opposed to other universities. Serious question.

OK, I'll bite, but you bette have been serious:

Land-grant universities (also called land-grant colleges or land-grant institutions) are institutions of higher education in the United States designated by each state to receive the benefits of the Morrill Acts of 1862 and 1890.

The Morrill Acts funded educational institutions by granting federally controlled land to the states for the states to develop or sell to raise funds to establish and endow "land-grant" colleges. The mission of these institutions as set forth in the 1862 Act is to focus on the teaching of agriculture, science and engineering as a response to the industrial revolution and changing social class rather than higher education's historic core of the Liberal Arts.

56BISON73
06-07-2011, 09:28 PM
OK, I'll bite, but you bette have been serious:

Thank you very much!!!!!!! There was more to it than I thought.

Hammersmith
06-08-2011, 12:36 AM
Just adding a bit to the land grant explanation...

As the US expanded, new states would get some land/money from the federal government upon statehood to build a university. Through the first Morril Act, new states also received land/money to create land-grant institutions(as described above). Some states chose to pool the money together and create a single university fulfilling both missions(Nebraska, Minnesota, Wyoming, etc.). Other states kept the schools separate(North & South Dakota, Colorado, Kansas, etc.). In states that already existed when the Morril Acts were passed, those states had the option to build a new land-grant school or designate an existing state college as the land-grant and give them the money/land(Rutgers and MIT are good examples). Later, the second Morril Act added some HBCUs as land-grants due to the fact that just about every school designated land-grant was traditionally for whites. Former Confederate states were given the choice to integrate their land-grant or create a second land-grant for blacks. HBCUs like Tuskegee, UA-Pine Bluff, and Alcorn State got their land-grant status this way. Much, much later(1990s), some tribal colleges also received land-grant status for similar reasons.

Answer Guy
06-08-2011, 12:59 AM
Through the first Morril Act, new states also received land/money to create land-grant institutions(as described above). Some states chose to pool the money together and create a single university fulfilling both missions(Nebraska, Minnesota, Wyoming, etc.). Other states kept the schools separate(North & South Dakota, Colorado, Kansas, etc.)

So NDSU has a bunch of land/money stashed away....:hide:

ndsubison1
06-27-2011, 01:53 AM
Here's the CS Preseason Poll. I put NDSU 6th on my ballot.

1 - Eastern Washington Eagles - - - - - 1680.0000
2 - Appalachian State Mountaineers - -1609.5000
3 - Montana State Bobcats - - - - - - - - 1509.0000
4 - Georgia Southern Eagles - - - - - - - 1483.5000
5 - Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens - - - - -1444.5000
6 - Northern Iowa Panthers - - - - - - - -1326.0000
7 - William & Mary Tribe - - - - - - - - - 1245.0000
8 - Wofford Terriers - - - - - - - - - - - - 1165.5000
9 - Montana Grizzlies - - - - - - - - - - - -1002.0000
10 - New Hampshire Wildcats - - - - - - - 909.0000
11 - Jacksonville State Gamecocks - - - -903.0000
12 - Richmond Spiders - - - - - - - - - - - -847.5000
13 - North Dakota State Bison - - - - - - -843.0000
14 - James Madison Dukes - - - - - - - - - 702.0000
15 - Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks - - -627.0000
16 - Cal Poly Mustangs - - - - - - - - - - - -604.5000
17 - Liberty Flames - - - - - - - - - - - - - -576.0000
18 - Villanova Wildcats - - - - - - - - - - - 540.0000
19 - Southern Illinois Salukis - - - - - - - -507.0000
20 - Central Arkansas Bears - - - - - - - - 465.0000
21 - Chattanooga Mocs - - - - - - - - - - - 330.0000
22 - McNeese State Cowboys - - - - - - - 321.0000
23 - Lehigh Mountain Hawks - - - - - - - -279.0000
24 - Sacramento State Hornets - - - - - -277.5000
25 - Southeast Missouri State Redhawks-253.5000

Next ten teams receiving points:
26 South Carolina State Bulldogs 238.5000,27 Western Illinois Leathernecks 198.0000, 28 Southern Utah Thunderbirds 186.0000, 29 Old Dominion Monarchs 166.5000, 30 South Dakota State Jackrabbits 150.0000, 31 Pennsylvania Quakers 118.5000, 32 Elon Phoenix 108.0000, 33 Furman Paladins 108.0000, 34 Bethune-Cookman Wildcats 97.5000, 35 Illinois State Redbirds 88.5000

Twentysix
06-27-2011, 01:46 PM
Here's the CS Preseason Poll. I put NDSU 6th on my ballot.

1 - Eastern Washington Eagles - - - - - 1680.0000
2 - Appalachian State Mountaineers - -1609.5000
3 - Montana State Bobcats - - - - - - - - 1509.0000
4 - Georgia Southern Eagles - - - - - - - 1483.5000
5 - Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens - - - - -1444.5000
6 - Northern Iowa Panthers - - - - - - - -1326.0000
7 - William & Mary Tribe - - - - - - - - - 1245.0000
8 - Wofford Terriers - - - - - - - - - - - - 1165.5000
9 - Montana Grizzlies - - - - - - - - - - - -1002.0000
10 - New Hampshire Wildcats - - - - - - - 909.0000
11 - Jacksonville State Gamecocks - - - -903.0000
12 - Richmond Spiders - - - - - - - - - - - -847.5000
13 - North Dakota State Bison - - - - - - -843.0000
14 - James Madison Dukes - - - - - - - - - 702.0000
15 - Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks - - -627.0000
16 - Cal Poly Mustangs - - - - - - - - - - - -604.5000
17 - Liberty Flames - - - - - - - - - - - - - -576.0000
18 - Villanova Wildcats - - - - - - - - - - - 540.0000
19 - Southern Illinois Salukis - - - - - - - -507.0000
20 - Central Arkansas Bears - - - - - - - - 465.0000
21 - Chattanooga Mocs - - - - - - - - - - - 330.0000
22 - McNeese State Cowboys - - - - - - - 321.0000
23 - Lehigh Mountain Hawks - - - - - - - -279.0000
24 - Sacramento State Hornets - - - - - -277.5000
25 - Southeast Missouri State Redhawks-253.5000

Next ten teams receiving points:
26 South Carolina State Bulldogs 238.5000,27 Western Illinois Leathernecks 198.0000, 28 Southern Utah Thunderbirds 186.0000, 29 Old Dominion Monarchs 166.5000, 30 South Dakota State Jackrabbits 150.0000, 31 Pennsylvania Quakers 118.5000, 32 Elon Phoenix 108.0000, 33 Furman Paladins 108.0000, 34 Bethune-Cookman Wildcats 97.5000, 35 Illinois State Redbirds 88.5000

I didn't vote therefore thepoll is irrelivant. Looks like a fair spot.