PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2011 Prediction Thread

DjKyRo
05-22-2011, 08:28 PM
Football season is getting closer every day, it's time to get all the predictions and pontifications charted down to see who goes home with the street cred at the season's end. We're looking for game records, playoff scenarios, individual player stats, and some big talk to stir up the stew that is Offseason Bisonville. Let's have it.

Reg. Season record - 9-2

TheBisonator
05-22-2011, 08:47 PM
Wins:

Lafayette
St. Francis
Youngstown State
Missouri State
Illinois State
Minnesota or South Dakota State
Indiana State or Western Illinois
Northern Iowa

Losses:

Southern Illinois
Minnesota or South Dakota State
Indiana State or Western Illinois

8-3. I do not make playoff predictions.

Jdubs21
05-22-2011, 09:00 PM
8-3......our passing game could drop it to 7-4. But ill stick with my first answer

AjaxTheMighty
05-22-2011, 09:09 PM
I think our defense will carry, injuries will play a major role in how well we do. Barring major injury numbers like in 09, 8-3 and no better, unless our passing game has some nice (not necessarily big) improvements. (then possibly 9-2) I hope I am surprised there. If the Bison could conjure up a threatening passing game we would be a tough win for every school on our schedule, that goes for teams not on our schedule (yet)!

North Side
05-22-2011, 09:52 PM
I was wondering who had the best prediction last year?
I know gopherhole does something like this for gopher games... however I dont really want to calculate all the sats haha but if some else would. I think this would be sweet to do. Just a suggestion
---------
Predict whether the Bison win or lose in each of their 12 games this year. For each correct prediction, you'll score 3 points.
For the tie-breaker, predict the number of points that the Bison will score in the last game of the season vs WIU.

The winner gets + reps from everyone?? I am not sure.

Here's the games; just copy and paste the schedule below and reply. Type in which team you predict will win and make sure you enter what you think the Bison's score will be in the game against WIU to resolve any ties.

DATE TEAM
Sat, Sep 03 Lafayette __
Sat, Sep 10 Saint Francis __
Sat, Sep 24 @Minnesota __
Sat, Oct 01 Illinois State __
Sat, Oct 08 @Southern Illinois __
Sat, Oct 15 Missouri __
Sat, Oct 22 @ South Dakota State (Dakota Marker) __
Sat, Oct 29 Northern Iowa __
Sat, Nov 05 @ Indiana State __
Sat, Nov 12 Youngstown State __
Sat, Nov 19 @Western Illinois __

....... ....... ....... NDSU score against Western: _________

onbison09
05-22-2011, 09:56 PM
I know gopherhole does something like this for gopher games... however I dont really want to calculate all the sats haha but if some else would. I think this would be sweet to do. Just a suggestion
---------
Predict whether the Bison win or lose in each of their 12 games this year. For each correct prediction, you'll score 3 points. (If the game ends in a tie, everyone will receive 1 point).

For the tie-breaker, predict the number of points that the Bison will score in the last game of the season vs WIU.

The winner gets PL's sausage :D I am not sure.

Here's the games; just copy and paste the schedule below and reply. Type in which team you predict will win and make sure you enter what you think the Bison's score will be in the game against WIU to resolve any ties.

DATE TEAM
Sat, Sep 03 Lafayette __
Sat, Oct 15 Missouri __

FIFY How can a game end in a tie?

TheBisonator
05-22-2011, 09:57 PM

Myself and a few others correctly predicted 7-4, although I had a couple games switched up.

CaBisonFan
05-22-2011, 10:21 PM
Football season is getting closer every day, it's time to get all the predictions and pontifications charted down to see who goes home with the street cred at the season's end. We're looking for game records, playoff scenarios, individual player stats, and some big talk to stir up the stew that is Offseason Bisonville. Let's have it.

Reg. Season record - 9-2

Lafayette - W...40-7
Saint Francis - W...45-3
Minnesota - W...27-14
Illinois State - W...35-10
Southern Illinois - W...24-21
Missouri State - W...31-10
South Dakota St - W...34-17
Northern Iowa - W...24-21 (last second field goal)
Indiana State - W...42-6
Youngstown St - W...31-9
Western Illinois - W...23-21

The dual running attack of DJ McNorton & Sam Ojuri proves to be the difference offensively, along with the emergence of a real leader behind center. The Bison discover that ball-control wins games. The young receiving corps contributes greatly to this.

The Bison linebackers & defensive backs prove to be the class of the league with their athleticism & quickness. The defensive line raises hell for opposing quarterbacks.

We might lose one...but it will be a surprise if it happens.

We'll be in the national championship game against one of the eastern powers...and the outcome will depend on the development of our passing game.

Note to BV - Don't run the option for a critical first down unless we've used it consistently during the season...:cool:

TheBisonator
05-22-2011, 10:30 PM
Lafayette - W...40-7
Saint Francis - W...45-3
Minnesota - W...27-14
Indiana State - W...42-6
Youngstown St - W...31-9

The dual running attack of DJ McNorton & Sam Ojuri proves to be the difference offensively, along with the emergence of a real leader behind center. The Bison discover that ball-control wins games. The young receiving corps contributes greatly to this.

The Bison linebackers & defensive backs prove to be the class of the league with their athleticism & quickness. The defensive line raises hell for opposing quarterbacks.

We'll be in the national championship game against one of the eastern powers...and the outcome will depend on the development of our passing game.

Note to BV - Don't run the option for a critical first down unless we've used it consistently during the season...:cool:

Hey CA, pass some of that green and yellow kool-aid down my way!! I need it right now, as I'm trying really hard to not post snarky comments in the softball board of NDSU becoming annual two-and-dones in the NCAA tournament.

CaBisonFan
05-22-2011, 10:38 PM
Hey CA, pass some of that green and yellow kool-aid down my way!! I need it right now, as I'm trying really hard to not post snarky comments in the softball board of NDSU becoming annual two-and-dones in the NCAA tournament.

What's yir address Bisonator? I'm back with my 06 and 07 attitude. I like this team. It has a really nice blend of older and younger talent. There's a pretty special group of young players with one year under their belt.

But really...it's about taking the attitude that losing a game is a surprise. That's what winners think like.

Losing 'must' be a surprise.

Yes...win one game at a time...but also...don't lose games before they're played.

ndsubison1
05-23-2011, 12:10 AM
---------
Predict whether the Bison win or lose in each of their 12 games this year. For each correct prediction, you'll score 3 points.

The winner gets + reps from everyone?? I am not sure.

DATE TEAM
Sat, Sep 03 Lafayette __
Sat, Oct 15 Missouri __

Lafayette- W
St. Francis- W
@ Minnesota- L
Illinois St.- W
@ Southern Illinois- L
Missouri St.- W
@ SDSU- W
Northern Iowa- W
@ Indiana St.- W
Youngstown St.- W
@ Western Illinois- W- 31-20

9-2 (1. EWU, 2. W&M, 3. App St., 4. NDSU, 5. Delaware are seeded)

Shot in the Dark Playoff Predictions:

1st Round- Bye
2nd Round- Montana- W
Quarters- Delaware- W
Semi Finals- @ Eastern Washington- W
National Championship- vs. William & Mary- (TBD)

Ok call me a homer :D

344Johnson
05-23-2011, 12:48 AM
8-3 regular season, unless brock steps up, then 10-1. Playoff run is definitely a possibility, running the rock is never a bad strategy.

chuckles
05-23-2011, 02:00 AM
Sat, Sep 03 Lafayette W
Sat, Sep 10 Saint Francis W
Sat, Sep 24 @Minnesota L
Sat, Oct 01 Illinois State W
Sat, Oct 08 @Southern Illinois L
Sat, Oct 15 Missouri W
Sat, Oct 22 @ South Dakota State (Dakota Marker) W
Sat, Oct 29 Northern Iowa L
Sat, Nov 05 @ Indiana State W
Sat, Nov 12 Youngstown State W
Sat, Nov 19 @Western Illinois W

....... ....... ....... NDSU score against Western: 31

We play some solid ball all season but don't get the biggest wins we want (Minnesota and UNI). The mustache also manages to squeak one by us in Carbondale in OT. 8-3 - book it!

CHADSTAUS
05-23-2011, 03:25 AM
8-3, the dome hosts 2, yes 2 HOME playoff games, we kick the shit out of E. Wahington, over pay for airline tickets to TX, wait for Scheels to start selling 2011 National Champion T-shirts, start planning on the trip to Colorado in 2012, the end. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

HerdBot
05-23-2011, 03:39 AM
What's yir address Bisonator? I'm back with my 06 and 07 attitude. I like this team. It has a really nice blend of older and younger talent. There's a pretty special group of young players with one year under their belt.

But really...it's about taking the attitude that losing a game is a surprise. That's what winners think like.

Losing 'must' be a surprise.

Yes...win one game at a time...but also...don't lose games before they're played.

Geez buddy your glass is half full!! :) I think we have the most talented team since the transition so its not impossible but a lot of things have to go right.

Layfayette
St Francis
Both easy blowout wins. Hope we play the 2nd string a lot.

GOPHERS - Close win probably by 3 points or less. No biggie if we lose but this should vault us to the top of the polls.

Illinois State - they beat us last year and has the potential for a let down game. Would be a big win.

@SIU - expect to lose a close one. Last year was a fluke.
4-1

Missouri - lost to them last year. Has the potential to upset us. Should win.

@SDSU - lose a close one. We tend to win at home and lose there.
5-2

Northern Iowa - I think we win this one but would not be shocked at all if we lose.

@ISU Blue - scary game. They play well at home and this team is better than last year. I say we lose.
6-3

Youngstown - we win this one in a close game.
7-3

@WIU - playoff must win and we do.
8-3

Tied for conference with UNI but win tie breaker.

1sr round bye
Home playoff game vs...

rockybison
05-23-2011, 04:41 AM
chuckles is correct. 8-3. Vs UNI score 17-21. Western 41

North Side
05-23-2011, 05:17 AM
Sat, Sep 03 Lafayette W
Sat, Sep 24 @Minnesota L
Sat, Oct 15 Missouri State W
Sat, Oct 29 Northern Iowa W

....... ....... ....... NDSU score against Western: 17

9-2 This will only be true if we dont have any major injuries :praying:
7-4 with major injuries losses to UNI and Mizz St.

EmeraldCityBison
05-23-2011, 05:18 AM
DATE TEAM
Sat, Sep 03 Lafayette W
Sat, Sep 24 @Minnesota L
Sat, Oct 08 @Southern Illinois W
Sat, Oct 22 @ South Dakota State (Dakota Marker) L

....... ....... ....... NDSU score against Western: _34-20____

9-2

Jensen develops impressive consistency and emerges as the team leader.
DJ rips up the league but suffers a minor injury that keeps him out a game or two. Ojuri steps in nicely.
Seeded in the playoffs.
2 high-profile opponents come to Fargo.
From there I like our chances to punch a ticket to Frisco.

mnriverbison
05-23-2011, 04:36 PM
8-9 wins. Probably lose a game we have no business losing, and probably lose 1-2 between SDSU, MN, and UNI. Win the other games including a hidden gem at Indiana State.

I hope the Gophers come in 2-1 or 3-0 so we can get an early barometer of our team. It does us no good if they are 0-3 on their way to 1-11. If they are legit and we beat them it immediately brings us the swagger we need for the tough stretch of our schedule.

Playoffs we need to find that next gear again. No clue how that all goes.

Bison Dan
05-23-2011, 04:49 PM
8-9 wins. Probably lose a game we have no business losing, and probably lose 1-2 between SDSU, MN, and UNI. Win the other games including a hidden gem at Indiana State.

I hope the Gophers come in 2-1 or 3-0 so we can get an early barometer of our team. It does us no good if they are 0-3 on their way to 1-11. If they are legit and we beat them it immediately brings us the swagger we need for the tough stretch of our schedule.

Playoffs we need to find that next gear again. No clue how that all goes.

I think they'll come in 2-1 and the TEAM will be over looking us big time. All but Kill.

bisonaudit
05-23-2011, 05:21 PM
We'll lose at least one game we shouldn't.

We'll win at least one game we shouldn't.

We'll punt to much.

There will be at least one thread here about how someone is or is not clutch.

Someone will call for Bohl's head before Columbus Day.

onbison09
05-23-2011, 05:27 PM
Sat, Sep 03 Lafayette W
Sat, Sep 24 @Minnesota L (very possible win)
Sat, Oct 22 @ South Dakota State (Dakota Marker) W (tossup game gotta go with the homer pick)
Sat, Oct 29 Northern Iowa W (for the love of God please!!!!)

....... ....... ....... NDSU score against Western: 24-10

I see 5 likely wins and 5 tossup games with 1 WTF game that shouldn't have gone that way. (Think Youngstown and Missouri State games last year)

CaBisonFan
05-23-2011, 09:02 PM
I see 5 likely wins and 5 tossup games with 1 WTF game that shouldn't have gone that way. (Think Youngstown and Missouri State games last year)[/quote]

I agree with you on the percentage of tossup games if we don't have a confident leader at QB. That's the X-Factor for this group...or almost any college team, regardless of the talent level on the rest of the field. If Brock or Esley steps way up...then it tilts heavily toward the win column in almost every game...and the WTF game is less likely.

bluebison35
05-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Sat, Sep 03 Lafayette W
Sat, Sep 24 @Minnesota L (stupid goofs)

....... ....... ....... NDSU score against Western: 35-17

Run the ball and play D.....worked for the Baltimore Ravens!!

DePereBisonFan
05-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Sat, Sep 03 Lafayette W
Sat, Sep 24 @Minnesota W
Sat, Nov 12 Youngstown State L

....... ....... ....... NDSU score against Western: 18-0 (we miss 3 extra points)

I really don't think Minnesota is any better than a typical MVFC team.

BadlandsBison
05-23-2011, 10:19 PM
I predict NDSU tailgating will go undefeated. SD will run up the score on everybody!

CHADSTAUS
05-23-2011, 11:38 PM
I predict NDSU tailgating will go undefeated. SD will run up the score on everybody!

I'm 88-0 in tailgating with 76 KO's. Even when we lose, I still win.

ndbj52
05-24-2011, 04:42 AM
Here are my predictions...

Vigen still doesn't know how to run an offense

Bohl will stand around and look good

Defense will be solid

2 minors

0 arrests

1 loud party violation (after the UNI win)

overall a pretty good season should be fun

Ross
05-25-2011, 12:29 AM
Sat, Sep 03 Lafayette W
Sat, Sep 24 @Minnesota W
Sat, Oct 22 @ South Dakota State (Dakota Marker) L

NDSU score against Western: 17-10

No loses at home!

SIU will definitely be a better team this year. I think last year was weird year for them, having so many injuries to key players on their team. Plus, you can't count out the 'stache.

As much as I want the Bison to bring home the Dakota Marker next year, lately it seems like every time NDSU goes down to Brookings, the Bison find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. When was the last time we scored a win down there??

The UNI game at home in the dome, has the potential to be one of the biggest regular season games in quite some time here in Fargo. I'd say that this is the most important game to win on the schedule this year. It's time we take UNI out to the woodshed and give them a beat down.

BisonNeil
05-26-2011, 02:55 AM
A) Base record: 7-4

B) If Jenson can figure out how to complete >50% of his passes and/or NDSU find wide receivers that actually can run routes AND catch the ball: 8-3

C) If Vigen visits programs that understand how to develop an offensive game plan and how to call plays rather than selecting plays and calling them at random: 9-2 perhaps even 10-1

Under A- losses to Minnesota, UNI, SIU, and SDSU

Under B- losses to Minnesota, UNI, and SIU

Under C- losses to UNI, possibly Minnesota depending on how quickly Vigen figures out how to be an offensive coordinator.

All predictions assume the combination of Perry/Drevlow/Juckem will be as productive stopping the inside run game as Gratzek/Perry, and this is a big assumption.

semobison
05-30-2011, 12:18 AM
Cmon Neil! Isn't there any way we can beat UNI! D-Beat UNI, lose to someone else, on the road!

CaBisonFan
10-24-2011, 01:12 AM
So where do we stand now? Anyone want to join in? I'm gonna stay with mine.

TheBisonator
10-24-2011, 01:21 AM

Wins:

Northern Iowa or Indiana State
Youngstown State
Western Illinois

Losses:

10-1 overall 7-1 in the Valley. 2nd place

Playoff predictions?? #5 seed, hosting Jacksonville State in the Round of 16. We beat them, face Montana State in Bozeman (REMATCH!!!) in the Quarters. We do the same damn thing we did to them last year. SEMIFINALS: AT UNI. this is the game where I'm not sure if we may hit the wall. In this game though, we're featured in front of a national ESPN TV audience and casual FB fans get to see what the f**k Bison FB is all about. if God is a Bison fan, we pull it out in Cedar Falls, go to Frisco to face GSU. If we are truly blessed, we win our very first ever DI national championship. oh, also the soccer team makes a Cinderella run thru the NCAA Tourney and wins the whole thing there too. :D

Strommer10
10-24-2011, 01:22 AM
I originally had us at 9-2 to start the season, this changed after we beat Minnesota. So now 10-1 is my prediction. The next two games will be VERY tough tests for the team.

CaBisonFan
10-24-2011, 01:23 AM
Wins:

Youngstown State
Western Illinois

Losses:

10-1 overall 7-1 in the Valley. 2nd place

Playoff predictions?? #5 seed, hosting Jacksonville State in the Round of 16. We beat them, face Montana State in Bozeman (REMATCH!!!) in the Quarters. We do the same damn thing we did to them last year. SEMIFINALS: AT UNI. this is the game where I'm not sure if we may hit the wall. In this game though, we're featured in front of a national ESPN TV audience and casual FB fans get to see what the f**k Bison FB is all about. if God is a Bison fan, we pull it out in Cedar Falls, go to Frisco to face GSU.

Good one Bisonator

Thundering Herd
10-24-2011, 01:27 AM
I'll make my predictions after the western Illinois game okay?

JSUBison
10-24-2011, 01:27 AM

Those are some good prediction you made, point spreads and final scores really close to actual overall.

CaBisonFan
10-24-2011, 01:30 AM
Those are some good prediction you made, point spreads and final scores really close to actual overall.

That's not why I brought this post up again...but thanks. I predicted us to go undefeated. It's not likely. The conference is incredibly tough.

CaBisonFan
10-24-2011, 01:31 AM

Great idea Herd !!

DePereBisonFan
10-24-2011, 04:27 PM
Sat, Sep 03 Lafayette W
Sat, Sep 24 @Minnesota W
Sat, Nov 12 Youngstown State L

....... ....... ....... NDSU score against Western: 18-0 (we miss 3 extra points)

I really don't think Minnesota is any better than a typical MVFC team.

Wow, I hadn't seen this thread in a while. I hope my original prediction is wrong about the UNI game (and the other loss) Also, nice work on the point spreads and predictions, CA.

goalpost
10-24-2011, 07:49 PM
21 to 7 bison defense comes up big

SDbison
11-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Bump........fun to look at predictions made by Bisonville and compare to actual season.

HerdBot
11-19-2011, 09:38 PM
Geez buddy your glass is half full!! :) I think we have the most talented team since the transition so its not impossible but a lot of things have to go right.

Layfayette
St Francis
Both easy blowout wins. Hope we play the 2nd string a lot.

GOPHERS - Close win probably by 3 points or less. No biggie if we lose but this should vault us to the top of the polls.

Illinois State - they beat us last year and has the potential for a let down game. Would be a big win.

@SIU - expect to lose a close one. Last year was a fluke.
4-1

Missouri - lost to them last year. Has the potential to upset us. Should win.

@SDSU - lose a close one. We tend to win at home and lose there.
5-2

Northern Iowa - I think we win this one but would not be shocked at all if we lose.

@ISU Blue - scary game. They play well at home and this team is better than last year. I say we lose.
6-3

Youngstown - we win this one in a close game.
7-3

@WIU - playoff must win and we do.
8-3

Tied for conference with UNI but win tie breaker.

1sr round bye
Home playoff game vs...

fun looking back. I was right that we tied Uni and won the conference. 8-3 I predicated losses to Siu (almost ) , sdsu (blowoutvwin), and Isu blue.

CaBisonFan
11-20-2011, 01:13 AM

So Herd...waddya predict now? I can't wait to hear.

bisonbills
11-20-2011, 01:34 AM
Lafayette - W...40-7
Saint Francis - W...45-3
Minnesota - W...27-14
Indiana State - W...42-6
Youngstown St - W...31-9

Good job CA!!! Impressive!!

CaBisonFan
11-20-2011, 03:10 AM

thanks bills. It was a good guess.

bisonbills
11-20-2011, 03:20 AM
thanks bills. It was a good guess.

Now let me know how those playoffs will go..... :)

HerdBot
11-20-2011, 03:48 AM
I second that wow good analysis!