PDA

View Full Version : GDT-Regional San Diego State (Game 4)

NWNDBison
05-21-2011, 03:50 PM
Game 4: San Diego State vs. North Dakota State, 7:30 pm Central on ESPNU & ESPN3 (Internet)

Watching the highlight video at gobison.com made the Bison look a lot more competitive than the score suggests. If the Bison could have driven in a homer with 2 on base and been up 3-2 after the first inning, it could have changed the whole complexion of the game.

Anyway, now we know we are playing on a level playing field against comparable competition. Bison lost to San Diego State 3-2 in the first game of the season.

We shall see which team has improved the most and/or gets the luckiest. If we can win over SDSU, we have to play a back-to-back game with likely opponent Long Beach State to qualify for Sunday championship play against likely opponent Arizona State. It would take a miracle to win that one, but miracles do happen.

And remember what Coach Mueller was quoted as saying in today's in-forum.com article:

"All along our goal is to get to Sunday.”

Go, Bison!

NWNDBison
05-21-2011, 04:01 PM
Here's a link from new member Riseandfire11, likely a promoter for LateralSports.com He/she posted this in the NCAA tourney link and yesterday's game day thread. Likely won't be back, but it's a great tool for finding the games and where they are broadcast. Even if you don't get ESPNU on TV or ESPN3 on the internet, you can still get livestats with this link:

http://www.lateralsports.com/home/games/26

here's your best bet for following the entire tournament, has all the games and links to each game's video, audio, or live stats feed (updated by the minute)
it will be a godsend tomorrow when things could get crazy

North Side
05-21-2011, 06:56 PM
SDSU beat those Jac..... Aztecs!!!!!!!

NWNDBison
05-21-2011, 11:45 PM
SDSU beat those Jac..... Aztecs!!!!!!!

Cute. Combining the two SDSU mascots does work pretty well, doesn't it?

Kind of glad to see how Long Beach State is going down to ASU pretty much the same way the Bison did yesterday.

Adds confidence to the belief the Bison can compete with both of these CA teams. Need two wins tonight to advance into the championship with ASU.

Then the Bison will have had a successful weekend, no matter what the score on Sunday.

NWNDBison
05-21-2011, 11:54 PM
Sun Devils beat The Beach 8-0 in 5.

Get ready for two Bison victories tonight, Bisonville!

NDSUstudent
05-22-2011, 12:39 AM
3 up, 3 down, 8 pitches...great start for the Bison!

NDSUstudent
05-22-2011, 12:44 AM
Rivera with a lead off triple!

NDSUstudent
05-22-2011, 12:45 AM
1-0 Bison up, Rivera scores on a wild pitch.

NDSUstudent
05-22-2011, 12:49 AM
Two run homer from Konz, 3-0 Bison!

NDSUstudent
05-22-2011, 12:50 AM
The Bison are just ripping this SDSU pitcher, Taylor Mortensen with a double off the outfield wall.

NDSUFan_Sav
05-22-2011, 12:50 AM
now a double damn much better start.

KC Bison
05-22-2011, 01:17 AM
The no-hitter is gone but we are looking good (4-0).

NWNDBison
05-22-2011, 01:17 AM
4-0 Bison after an inning and 1/2.

Commentator who last night said "California just has so many talented players," tonight said, "I like the way North Dakota State is playing."

She wondered how NDSU could have such a following. She did her homework. Found out NDSU is loaded with CA players. Now she's a fan. What a difference in her comments from last night to tonight.

She seems to be actually rooting for us.

NWNDBison
05-22-2011, 01:34 AM
Home run by San Diego. 4-4
2 out, but NDSU played perfectly on the next hit to end inning 2.

Looking for a big top of the third.

ndsubison1
05-22-2011, 02:29 AM
lead runner on. now lets get this run in!

NWNDBison
05-22-2011, 02:43 AM
Bottom of then7th.

5-4 SDSU

2 runs and the Bison advance.

DjKyRo
05-22-2011, 02:44 AM
Crap. One out left, bottom 7th, down 1. NDSU needs a run with two out to stay alive.

ndsubison1
05-22-2011, 02:44 AM
not looking good. our offense struggles

DjKyRo
05-22-2011, 02:48 AM
Konz hits it straight to the SS, final catch ends the season. Great year, girls.

NWNDBison
05-22-2011, 02:49 AM
Bison done.

5-4 SDSU

Good effort girls!

Tatanka
05-22-2011, 03:14 AM
Congrats Bison on a fine season...

Elephants Dream?
05-22-2011, 03:54 AM

++++++++
:)

North Side
05-22-2011, 04:19 AM
Big thanks goes to the senior class! Richel Briones, Nicole Rivera, Elisa Victa. They were a huge part of 4 great years of D1 softball! It could be argued this was the best program at NDSU for the past 4 years.

bosco
05-22-2011, 10:31 PM
For the third year in a row I've been able to update my signature with a picture of the Summit League Champions. I'm very proud of this team and will miss the three seniors that have been so much fun to watch. California Girls...yes you are...but always a Bison from ND State. Best of luck in your professional careers.

TheBisonator
05-22-2011, 10:32 PM

Meh, we've had better ones.

Sorry that I have high expectations for this team. Although I do agree we got criminally phallused by the NCAA selection committee...

I doubt Coach Mueller is looking back at this season with unabashed pride. I bet he's feeling a level of disappointment similar to what I'm feeling.

Winning the Summit every year and running quickly across the stage in the NCAA's for a two-and-out isn't my idea of consistent success.

Tatanka
05-22-2011, 11:21 PM

Sorry that I have high expectations for this team. Although I do agree we got criminally phallused by the NCAA selection committee...

I doubt Coach Mueller is looking back at this season with unabashed pride. I bet he's feeling a level of disappointment similar to what I'm feeling.

Winning the Summit every year and running quickly across the stage in the NCAA's for a two-and-out isn't my idea of consistent success.

A fine season, nonetheless. And one worthy of congratulation.

NDSUFan_Sav
05-23-2011, 01:38 AM

their goal was to make it to sunday, he didn't have much expectations against asu on friday though, that team is solid!

TILIS-BisonFan
05-23-2011, 02:24 AM
[QUOTE=Winning the Summit every year and running quickly across the stage in the NCAA's for a two-and-out isn't my idea of consistent success.[/QUOTE]

what is your idea of consistenst success? Not trying to be a nit but for how young the program is at the division one level, combined with the high variance in softball (wild pitches, low scoring games, double elimination as opposed to best of series') its hard to argue that this isnt consistent success. A few breaks here and there and it all changes quickly in the round robin tourney.

Formats like this and the NCAA BBall tourneys make it extremely difficult for smaller D1 schools to make runs year after year. Butler being the biggest exception in our lifetime

ndsubison1
05-23-2011, 02:27 AM

really? ten char

TILIS-BisonFan
05-23-2011, 02:40 AM

also fine does not equal best. two and out see texas

BlueBisonRock
05-23-2011, 02:44 AM
A hearty congratulations to these women for their dedication, determination, and success! They gave it their best and had an excellent season.