PDA

View Full Version : Maughan to retire

MN_BISON
05-17-2011, 04:39 PM
From Dom Izzo:
BREAKING: #NDSU (http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23NDSU) holding press conference at 2pm to announce longtime wrestling coach Bucky Maughan will step down,more info on WDAY 6 Sports

onbison09
05-17-2011, 05:08 PM
Damn. Thanks for everything

onbison09
05-17-2011, 05:47 PM
Anyway to listen to this live?

North Side
05-17-2011, 06:36 PM
He is the Jo Pa of NDSU!! It seems like he has been here since NDSU existed.

Gully
05-17-2011, 08:15 PM
Anybody know why now? Maybe it was just time, he's certainly earned retirement!

I know they feel really good about incoming recruits and the direction of the program, maybe he wants to leave while it's trending up?

The Lost Dutchman
05-17-2011, 08:54 PM
Here's the presser from earlier, Bucky all smiles as usual. Also hear Gene get quite emotional at the end.

http://740thefan.com/uploads/Bucky%20Maughan%20Presser.MP3

sambini
05-18-2011, 12:40 AM
Enjoy retirement Bucky you are a legend.

tony
05-18-2011, 12:41 AM
Hopefully he tailgates.

TheDoctor
05-18-2011, 03:03 AM
Hopefully he replaces Irv. Bucky did amazing things for wrestling in the state of ND. Obviously his accomplishments at NDSU but the Junior Nationals tournament is a huge shot in the arm to the economy of Fargo and the quality of wrestling. Thanks Buck for a remarkable run! ;)

DjKyRo
05-18-2011, 03:46 AM
Bucky absolutely kills me. “To start out, the first time I talked to an audience like this, it wasn’t as big. In fact, I think it was Ed Kolpack and myself and he had to cut it short because his wife was delivering their third kid Jeff. You have some idea how long I’ve been here.”

What a champion for NDSU. Can't believe he's retiring, but he's absolutely earned it. Thanks, Bucky.

Better line, on the cancer scare awhile back: "My biggest fear was that if I lost all my hair people would think I was Kolpack."

SlickVic
05-18-2011, 03:52 AM
This buds for you bucky ++++++ them team maker lunches won't be worth attending with out you

TheDoctor
05-18-2011, 07:42 AM
Bucky absolutely kills me. “To start out, the first time I talked to an audience like this, it wasn’t as big. In fact, I think it was Ed Kolpack and myself and he had to cut it short because his wife was delivering their third kid Jeff. You have some idea how long I’ve been here.”

What a champion for NDSU. Can't believe he's retiring, but he's absolutely earned it. Thanks, Bucky.

Better line, on the cancer scare awhile back: "My biggest fear was that if I lost all my hair people would think I was Kolpack."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ;)

TheDoctor
05-18-2011, 07:44 AM
Will he replace Irv???? "He plans to remain involved in the athletic department to help with fundraising for the Bison Sports Arena renovation. It’s the last piece of the puzzle, he said, for the program to be a consistent top 10 team." ;)

Herd Mentality
05-18-2011, 03:08 PM
Anybody know why now? Maybe it was just time, he's certainly earned retirement!

I know they feel really good about incoming recruits and the direction of the program, maybe he wants to leave while it's trending up?

I loved his time at the podium for the showcase. He did really seem upbeat on how the home schedule was really starting to look exciting. What a guy.

Bison"FANatic"
05-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Will he replace Irv???? "He plans to remain involved in the athletic department to help with fundraising for the Bison Sports Arena renovation. It’s the last piece of the puzzle, he said, for the program to be a consistent top 10 team." ;)

Thats what I expect will happen. Could you imagine being a fly on the wall in a meeting between Bucky and a donor. Bucky would have them laughing so hard that they won't even notice that they pledged millions.

onbison09
05-18-2011, 03:56 PM
Hopefully he tailgates.

I would fly up to tailgate with Bucky. Any ideas on new coaches? Kish going to take over the program