PDA

View Full Version : I told you so.....Mohler Transfering

SportsLover
05-12-2011, 10:39 PM
10-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Walkerstheman23

Re: Bohl Presser
I love how Bohl said that mohlers been like a cheerleader for jensen when he wasnt starting. I personally talked to mohler after the Western Illinois game and he said he plans on transferring somewhere for next year.

I hope i get some rube cred for this.

MN_BISON
05-12-2011, 10:46 PM
So if he knew back then why didn't he transfer at the end of the fall semester? Seems to me like you might not be as "right" as you think. I mean if Jose knew he was leaving, why go through spring ball at NDSU rather than transfer to a new school and get a head start with his new team. Major props, you sure nailed it.:innocent:

SportsLover
05-12-2011, 10:53 PM
So if he knew back then why didn't he transfer at the end of the fall semester? Seems to me like you might not be as "right" as you think. I mean if Jose knew he was leaving, why go through spring ball at NDSU rather than transfer to a new school and get a head start with his new team. Major props, you sure nailed it.:innocent:

Dont hate:bow: . Maybe because he didnt know how much Thorton was going to come into play. At the end of the season he was still #2 on the Depth Charts behind a player that doesnt like to stay healthy. Now IMO he had fallen to third which ends any chance at playing time.

MN_BISON
05-12-2011, 10:59 PM
Dont hate:bow: . Maybe because he didnt know how much Thorton was going to come into play. At the end of the season he was still #2 on the Depth Charts behind a player that doesnt like to stay healthy. Now IMO he had fallen to third which ends any chance at playing time.

I'm not hatin' Walker but if he said he was going to transfer after the WIU game.......nevermind, I wish Jose the best in his future. Woodward and Bernstein have nothing on you. :D

bisonhp330
05-12-2011, 11:28 PM
hmmmmm....does that mean lakes will will be moving to new schools blog in the name of man-love?

imabison
05-12-2011, 11:35 PM
Walkerstheman23

I love how Bohl said that mohlers been like a cheerleader for jensen when he wasnt starting. I personally talked to mohler after the Western Illinois game and he said he plans on transferring somewhere for next year.

Wish him the best, but hope the thought it out clearly.

Jensen has an injury history, Thorton is yet unproved, althought
he did see him in the spring season and game.

And the 2 most obvious reason.
1. Joe Chapman is no longer at NDSU
2. Lakesbison has lost all credibility.

MNLonghorn10
05-13-2011, 12:08 AM
Walkerstheman23

check neg rep

BadlandsBison
05-13-2011, 12:30 AM
Nice call Nostradamus. Who's gonna win the world series? When is the stock market going up?

ndsubison1
05-13-2011, 12:33 AM
Walkerstheman23

http://gallery.roadbikereview.com/data/roadbike/500/Want_A_Cookie1.jpg

MinotBison
05-13-2011, 01:17 AM
Any word yet on where he might be transferring to? Best of luck to him.

JustinTyem
05-13-2011, 01:18 AM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/319514/group/homepage/ :judges: :group:

tjbison
05-13-2011, 01:24 AM
Stupid....is this what we have come to on here, gloating about knowing of a possible transfer??? Jose helped us get to where we did last year and yes I am a little sad but also realize we have some good talent in our underclassmen and I wish nothing but good things for Jose in the future

Walker get some class or change your internet name cause Steve wouldn't brag about this

bisonmike2
05-13-2011, 01:32 AM
I wish him luck. I think he sees the writing on the wall. Tough going from starting in playoff games to buried on the depth chart behind younger guys. Thanks for your contribution to the team Jose, best of luck at your next school....unless you go to UND :)

perthbison
05-13-2011, 01:40 AM
UND has ir' problems at QB. might be a good fit.

SportsLover
05-13-2011, 02:26 AM
Stupid....is this what we have come to on here, gloating about knowing of a possible transfer??? Jose helped us get to where we did last year and yes I am a little sad but also realize we have some good talent in our underclassmen and I wish nothing but good things for Jose in the future

Walker get some class or change your internet name cause Steve wouldn't brag about this

Not gloating. Just thought i would bring it back for everyone that ripped me when i first said this.

tjbison
05-13-2011, 02:38 AM
Not gloating. Just thought i would bring it back for everyone that ripped me when i first said this.

Fine.....have your moment doesn't give you any "cred" in my opinion, but thats fine if your happy. to each his own

DjKyRo
05-13-2011, 02:38 AM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/319514/group/homepage/ :judges: :group:

You're excited about this?

JustinTyem
05-13-2011, 03:01 AM

No,Im not. I wish I was I meant to hit the bang one. Argggggggg

tjbison
05-13-2011, 03:04 AM

you want to hit/bang what???

MN_BISON
05-13-2011, 03:10 AM

Maybe he was thinking about your avatar.

JustinTyem
05-13-2011, 03:11 AM
This is what I meant to hit ........
http://www.inforum.com/event/article...roup/homepage/ :banghead: :group:

tjbison
05-13-2011, 03:11 AM

I Don't blame him then:)

JustinTyem
05-13-2011, 03:14 AM
I Don't blame him then:)Now ur avatar is sweet emotion!!!!!!:judges:

westnodak93bison
05-13-2011, 03:43 AM

Why didn't he tranfer then? This is just like the guy/gal dating someone who they don't like or believe the other will dump them soon. They need to find the other option before pulling the trigger or he realized the was the odd man out. Either way he had his chances.

BlueBisonRock
05-13-2011, 06:11 AM

Yep. I'd hit it. Always have enjoyed that avatar!

DjKyRo
05-13-2011, 06:47 AM
Walkerstheman23

http://randomgif.com/gif/Shoop%20da%20whoop.gif

stevdock
05-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Walkerstheman23

Wonderful, another look at me thread. Look what I said that actually came true. The ultimate Mr. Look at Me is no longer around so someone else needs to take his place now??

BisonNeil
05-13-2011, 12:54 PM
This is too bad, but good luck to Jose.

I liked the idea of having three QBs that could play. NDSU played three last year.

I liked the way Jose dealt with his demotion last year, he looked like a real team player and was helping Jenson out all he could on the sideline. And as Lakes has pointed out several times, he won some big games for us; KU, YSU and MSU come to mind.

Unfortunately, this continues the spiral downward of a very disasterous 2008 recruiting class. Just over 81% of the high school players signed to scholarships are no longer with the team (although 50% walk ons are still on the team with Beckius and Duchscher contributing). I remember being pretty excited when Bohl signed Mohler since he was the first QB signed in three years.

Hang in there Lakes!

Jdubs21
05-13-2011, 02:29 PM
Walkerstheman23

That kind of attitude is probably why he didnt play, he his heart isnt into being a bison and has no drive to work his ass off for a starting spot again. Competition brings out the best and he obiviously didnt want to work for it. Bright side is we have another scholly to give to someone who wants to be here. I do wish him the best though, if it wasnt for him i dont know if the Montana St. game woulda ended up with us on top. I honestly beleived he shoulda been #2 on the depth chart but he sure didnt seem to want to prove himself in fall camp and earn that spot.

HandoEX
05-13-2011, 02:35 PM
That kind of attitude is probably why he didnt play, he his heart isnt into being a bison and has no drive to work his ass off for a starting spot again. Competition brings out the best and he obiviously didnt want to work for it. Bright side is we have another scholly to give to someone who wants to be here. I do wish him the best though, if it wasnt for him i dont know if the Montana St. game woulda ended up with us on top. I honestly beleived he shoulda been #2 on the depth chart but he sure didnt seem to want to prove himself in fall camp and earn that spot.

How do you know that was his reason for leaving? Playing time isn't the only reason a kid leaves school.

Leonardite
05-13-2011, 03:06 PM
That kind of attitude is probably why he didnt play, he his heart isnt into being a bison and has no drive to work his ass off for a starting spot again. Competition brings out the best and he obiviously didnt want to work for it. Bright side is we have another scholly to give to someone who wants to be here.

This is silly. Even if all the quarterbacks gave it everything they had, a depth chart still had to be filled. Getting slotted as a backup doesn't automatically mean that you aren't working hard. If there were questions about Jose's work ethic, he wouldn't have taken the field as the starter to begin last year. Put simply, Brock is bigger and has proven to be a bit more talented. There's no shame in that for Jose. Thanks for your contributions to Bison football. Once a Bison, always a Bison.

EndZoneQB
05-13-2011, 03:09 PM
This is silly. Even if all the quarterbacks gave it everything they had, a depth chart still had to be filled. Getting slotted as a backup doesn't automatically mean that you aren't working hard. If there were questions about Jose's work ethic, he wouldn't have taken the field as the starter to begin last year. Put simply, Brock is bigger and has proven to be a bit more talented. There's no shame in that for Jose. Thanks for your contributions to Bison football. Once a Bison, always a Bison.

Yep.

Must. Not. Neg. Rep.

Bison"FANatic"
05-13-2011, 03:17 PM
Best of luck to the guy. I commend him for sticking around for the spring
camp and competing for the position. Best of luck to him where ever you end up and make sure you find a place that it going to help you finish the degree that you started here at NDSU. GET THAT DEGREE!!!!!!

CAS4127
05-13-2011, 03:35 PM
I'm disappointed he is transfering, as last year proved that we at times need a good #3 QB. That said, I just don't think Jose ever really did anything to improve himself. He never really put on any weight or improved his speed and throwing ability during his time here, and his play on the field was stagnant. What we saw day one was what we saw day last. Some of that could be attributed to coaching, but improving strength, including arm strength and putting on some athletic weight was on his shoulders IMO.

That said, it's "Peace out" for CAS for a while here on BV. CAS is going on a much needed vacation to relax and regroup. I've had a rough month or so, and I, myself, need to "regroup" strength wise, both physically and mentally. TAB, Note, AG and others can fill in the blanks if anyone cares to know what I have had going on--but please do it via PM's.

See you guys in a couple of few weeks. http://www.indianmotorcyclecommunity.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/buttrock.gifhttp://www.indianmotorcyclecommunity.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/buttrock.gif

Jdubs21
05-13-2011, 04:17 PM

I didnt say he wasnt working hard, he is quiting instead of working hard to earn the spot. I guess i am a person who has zero tolerance for quitting. I thought he shoulda been the number 2 and coulda challenged for the starting spot. I am dissapointed that he just quit because he wasnt handed the #2 spot or starting spot. I do wish him the best just wish he woulda stuck it out here.

Notorious
05-13-2011, 04:35 PM
I didnt say he wasnt working hard, he is quiting instead of working hard to earn the spot. I guess i am a person who has zero tolerance for quitting. I thought he shoulda been the number 2 and coulda challenged for the starting spot. I am dissapointed that he just quit because he wasnt handed the #2 spot or starting spot. I do wish him the best just wish he woulda stuck it out here.

I would imagine it was an agonizing decision, and not one that was made hastily, or taken lightly. At a certain point, Mohler had to evaluate the situation and look out for #1...in the end, nobody else will. That is the harsh reality of being part of the program. I wouldn't call him a quitter. Far from it. He's a 21-ish year old kid who probably just made the toughest decision of his life to date. I can appreciate your stance on "quitting"...I would look at this a bit differently though.

stevdock
05-13-2011, 04:42 PM
I would imagine it was an agonizing decision, and not one that was made hastily, or taken lightly. At a certain point, Mohler had to evaluate the situation and look out for #1...in the end, nobody else will. That is the harsh reality of being part of the program. I wouldn't call him a quitter. Far from it. He's a 21-ish year old kid who probably just made the toughest decision of his life to date. I can appreciate your stance on "quitting"...I would look at this a bit differently though.

I can imagine you are absolutely right on here. I tell kids all the time that you get to play certain sports for a short amount of time. Baseball will eventually get rid of you, when you can't see the ball anymore or can't move to field the ball, etc. Football is much the same way. It's a short amount of time to play and if Mohler decided he didn't care where he wanted to play. If he just wanted to play while he still can then I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. I wish him good luck in the future and thanks for all he did while with the Bison. He was definitely part of the turn around process.

Jdubs21
05-13-2011, 07:55 PM
Yea he had a ton of potential and he would show glimpses of a star but we'll never get to see what could have been. I honestly think that he is a better fit than Esley right now because he has much more experience under his belt. Without him we wouldnt have made the playoffs. For example youngstown st. also in the playoffs it was his 40 or 50 yard run that sparked the team in the 4th quarter of that game. He was the legitimate #2 in my eyes and a potential #1. I am just dissapointed to see him not try for that #1 spot when it was clearly in reach.

semobison
05-14-2011, 01:59 AM
He may be #2 in your eyes, but it looks like he is #3 in the eyes of the coaches and that is what counts. Lets face it, a 3rd string QB most likely wont see the field! I dont blame the kid for wanting to play....somewhere!

DjKyRo
05-14-2011, 02:55 AM

While I too don't like the idea of "quitting," we are talking about someone's life here, and that certainly goes on after football. If transferring gives him the utmost experience he wishes to have in college I certainly won't hold it against him. Heck, better to have someone whose heart is in it than someone whose isn't - i.e., better to let him go than have him stay here and be miserable just because.

HerdBot
05-14-2011, 04:16 AM
Yea he had a ton of potential and he would show glimpses of a star but we'll never get to see what could have been. I honestly think that he is a better fit than Esley right now because he has much more experience under his belt. Without him we wouldnt have made the playoffs. For example youngstown st. also in the playoffs it was his 40 or 50 yard run that sparked the team in the 4th quarter of that game. He was the legitimate #2 in my eyes and a potential #1. I am just dissapointed to see him not try for that #1 spot when it was clearly in reach.

I disagree. We beat Montana State despite his bad play. He could barely manage a game with 11 passing attempts.

3-11
36 yards
1 pick (horrible throw)
1 sack
0 Td
2 1st downs passing

How could a guy possibly do worse? There is a reason we started Brock the following week.

His big play was a long run. It was good because of great play calling. Brock or Esley could have done that too.

If you don't think Esley can improve on that we better cut him now. Jose is just too short. If you can't see over the line you have to roll out. That makes you 1 dimensional.

Even Youngstown wasnt as good as we remember. 190 yards passing. 130 went to DJ. 50 to Howard on last play.

IzzyFlexion
05-14-2011, 11:23 AM
Wonderful, another look at me thread. Look what I said that actually came true. The ultimate Mr. Look at Me is no longer around so someone else needs to take his place now??

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.....

Unless it's run over by a truck.

Jdubs21
05-14-2011, 01:48 PM
I disagree. We beat Montana State despite his bad play. He could barely manage a game with 11 passing attempts.

3-11
36 yards
1 pick (horrible throw)
1 sack
0 Td
2 1st downs passing

How could a guy possibly do worse? There is a reason we started Brock the following week.

His big play was a long run. It was good because of great play calling. Brock or Esley could have done that too.

If you don't think Esley can improve on that we better cut him now. Jose is just too short. If you can't see over the line you have to roll out. That makes you 1 dimensional.

Even Youngstown wasnt as good as we remember. 190 yards passing. 130 went to DJ. 50 to Howard on last play.

So Esley not even playing in a single game yet and only the spring game and this kid is gonna be a superstar? I think Esley is gonna be good but if you watched the spring game he better start learning how to throw the pass b4 the receiver makes the break. That is things that will come in time. As of right now do u honestly think that if brock got hurt esley is gonna lead us to the promise land? he played in the spring game is all and didnt exactly blow anyone away. Than again none of the Qb's really did

HerdBot
05-14-2011, 03:18 PM
So Esley not even playing in a single game yet and only the spring game and this kid is gonna be a superstar? I think Esley is gonna be good but if you watched the spring game he better start learning how to throw the pass b4 the receiver makes the break. That is things that will come in time. As of right now do u honestly think that if brock got hurt esley is gonna lead us to the promise land? he played in the spring game is all and didnt exactly blow anyone away. Than again none of the Qb's really did

I never said he's going to be a star. Maybe he will. Maybe he wont. But any QB on our roster including Perez and the 2 freshman could have gone 3-11 for 36 yards with a sack and a pick against Montana State. It was all O-line and DJ.

Herd
05-14-2011, 03:52 PM
First, I very much appreciate Jose's contribution. A1 dud.

My question, could Esley have run for 60 years to turn the tide of the Mt State game? Yes, he would have scored. Jose showed great leadership and enthusiasm in that game, but I think Esley is capable of the same, and much more.

We are in great hands, this opens the door for Stanford or Wentz to complete this year. In the end, this is keeps our group of Jensen, Thorton, Wentz and Standford together for now. Otherwise it is getting very crowded.

Will all 4 spend their careers at NDSU? It doesn't seem likely. I think we are OK this year, because Jensen and Thorton will likely stay 1-2. But what happens when either Jensen or Thorton are jumped in the depth chart? What happens if Stanford or Wentz can move up to #2 as Sophmores? Like I said, all 4 staying is not likely . . . just a fact with college QB's.

BisoninNWMN
05-14-2011, 04:15 PM

3-11
36 yards
1 pick (horrible throw)
1 sack
0 Td
2 1st downs passing

Good points

Good luck to Jose wherever he ends up.

Esley will be just fine as our #2 and if there comes a point where his number is called, I believe he will step up and lead the Bison.

IMO, Brock has a great year this year!!

GO BISON

westnodak93bison
05-14-2011, 04:26 PM
First thing I thought of when I heard the news was that I hope he keeps his nose clean.

BlueBisonRock
05-15-2011, 06:12 AM
First thing I thought of when I heard the news was that I hope he keeps his nose clean.

Naah. I just thought that he helped the team, was getting his stuff together, and that he did give it his all. He had some ups and he had some downs. I am happy for him as he did earn the opportunity to start games and he did contribute to the Bison. I can only wish him the best as he goes forward with his life.

devin45k
05-16-2011, 04:12 PM
Sucks to lose a potential NDSU graduate. I was very unimpressed with his gameplay though. I could see him having a hard time at a D2 level.

Good luck though

CAS4127
05-24-2011, 08:53 PM
Did we ever hear where he was going?

344Johnson
05-25-2011, 11:23 PM
Did we ever hear where he was going?

Not really.

imabison
05-25-2011, 11:35 PM
Not really.

Not really is not an answer. Yes ???? or No is the answer.

344Johnson
05-26-2011, 01:13 AM
Not really is not an answer. Yes ???? or No is the answer.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imabison
05-26-2011, 01:25 AM
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you. I did laugh when my old neighbor asked me the
same question the other night and I said no word, and he said
may Moorhead State. It was a good chuckle.