PDA

View Full Version : TV question for this season:

TheBisonator
05-12-2011, 10:17 PM
Anyone care to speculate on which games will be on TV this year, by that I mean which games will be on TV that's NOT teh microwaves from KVLY?? I know the Minnesota game will be on the BTN, and we'll have at least one conference game on FCS/FSN Midwest, but I'm wondering if that's it...

I remember back in 2007 or so when NDSU had some kind of contract with FSN where we were actually getting a few football/basketball games on FSN. I remember the Stephen F. Austin FB game in 07 was on FSN, also the Colorado State BB game in Dec. 07. There may have been a couple more games on FSN, if I recall. I don't remember if NDSU had signed a small contract with FSN for that season. I think we need to do something like that again. Get at least one more home game on FSN North besides the MVFC game of the week. I'm thinking it's gonna suck again for Twin Cities alumni and alums from other parts of the US for watching Bison games this year. I'm also wondering if trying to get some feeds of KVLY broadcasts or GoBison.com webcasts on ESPN3.com may be a sensible solution to our broadcasting woes.

All I can see happening this year is the usual crap:

Minnesota on BTN
Random MVFC game on FCS/FSN Midwest (tape delay on FSN North)
Three KVLY microwave games

If they can upgrade this somehow, that would be great. Seeing exactly this kind of setup for this season would be a disappointment in my eyes.

stevdock
05-12-2011, 11:54 PM
I know TV games are great for those who can't make it to the game. But for those of us at the game, I HATE TV. Maybe it's just me but it seems so much momentum gets ruined by the TV timeouts. You finally get people ready to cheer and then an extended timeout. So for my enjoyment of the game I hope we go back to the dark ages and get rid of all of them. For the rest of you, I say as many as possible even though we know that's not going to happen.

DjKyRo
05-12-2011, 11:55 PM
If by "microwave KVLY games" you mean the three games we had on statewide NBC, then I don't see the hate warranted. We can't get enough exposure to the western part of the state with the rift that exists between east and west, and while it's no FCS or FSN, it beats having it broadcast locally only.

TheBisonator
05-13-2011, 12:26 AM
If by "microwave KVLY games" you mean the three games we had on statewide NBC, then I don't see the hate warranted. We can't get enough exposure to the western part of the state with the rift that exists between east and west, and while it's no FCS or FSN, it beats having it broadcast locally only.

What's more important? Trying to convince Joe Idiot from Watford City to respect NDSU and the Bison, or giving the 60,000+ alumni that live outside ND a chance to watch their team??

I've come to the conclusion that it's not worth it anymore to try and convince western ND of NDSU's benefits. Those people live on their own little planet isolated from the rest of the continent anyway.

HerdBot
05-13-2011, 12:36 AM
I go to every home game but it would be cool if every road game was broadcast. Our state wide games are good but nobody out of North Dakota can see them. FSN North is perfect since its included with basic cable everywhere in ND, MN, and SD and can be picked up anywhere in the US with the $10 mo sports package. Being on the same channel as the Twins, Wild, and Wolves imprives the perception of NDSU in our biggest recruiting area. And it gives the tens of thousands of alumni living in Minneapolis a change to watch the team and an audience of millions in Minneapolis alone. I would trade the state wide games for FSN in a heart beat.

duluthbison
05-13-2011, 12:47 AM
I go to every home game but it would be cool if every road game was broadcast. Our state wide games are good but nobody out of North Dakota can see them. FSN North is perfect since its included with basic cable everywhere in ND, MN, and SD and can be picked up anywhere in the US with the $10 mo sports package. Being on the same channel as the Twins, Wild, and Wolves increases the perception of NDSU in our biggest recruiting area. And it gives the tens of thousands of alumni living in Minneapolis a change to watch the team and an audience of millions in Minneapolis alone. I would trade the state wide games for FSN in a heart beat.

THIS^^^

We need more exposure in the Twin Cities Metro area and beyond. I nearly threw up in my car on tuesday when I heard a UND ad during the Twins game.

tcbison
05-13-2011, 01:00 AM
What's more important? Trying to convince Joe Idiot from Watford City to respect NDSU and the Bison, or giving the 60,000+ alumni that live outside ND a chance to watch their team??

I've come to the conclusion that it's not worth it anymore to try and convince western ND of NDSU's benefits. Those people live on their own little planet isolated from the rest of the continent anyway.

Wait a minute there bucko. I take offense to your western ND comment. I would love to get more games on FSN and broadcast them to more alumni but to slam western ND that is just not right at all. Joe Idiot? Wow, that is not right at all. I didn't grow up in Watford City but the town I grew up in was completely Pro NDSU. My dad, uncle, both brothers, sister and many cousins all went to NDSU. Out of the farm I grew up on there were 8 kids are 6 of us went to NDSU. 1/3 of my graduating class went to NDSU and the same is still true today. Are you saying my area is not convinced of NDSU's benefits? There are more NDSU fans and alumni in the western part of the state that you think there are. I think an apology is needed here.

DjKyRo
05-13-2011, 01:03 AM
I go to every home game but it would be cool if every road game was broadcast. Our state wide games are good but nobody out of North Dakota can see them. FSN North is perfect since its included with basic cable everywhere in ND, MN, and SD and can be picked up anywhere in the US with the $10 mo sports package. Being on the same channel as the Twins, Wild, and Wolves imprives the perception of NDSU in our biggest recruiting area. And it gives the tens of thousands of alumni living in Minneapolis a change to watch the team and an audience of millions in Minneapolis alone. I would trade the state wide games for FSN in a heart beat.

If it was the case where we could pick and choose which coverage we wanted then I agree. Unfortunately I don't think that's the case and if ND NBC is the best we can do I'm not complaining.

Wait a minute there bucko. I take offense to your western ND comment. I would love to get more games on FSN and broadcast them to more alumni but to slam western ND that is just not right at all. Joe Idiot? Wow, that is not right at all. I didn't grow up in Watford City but the town I grew up in was completely Pro NDSU. My dad, uncle, both brothers, sister and many cousins all went to NDSU. Out of the farm I grew up on there were 8 kids are 6 of us went to NDSU. 1/3 of my graduating class went to NDSU and the same is still true today. Are you saying my area is not convinced of NDSU's benefits? There are more NDSU fans and alumni in the western part of the state that you think there are. I think an apology is needed here.

Seconded. This type of attitude is why half the state is alienated to begin with.

stevdock
05-13-2011, 01:04 AM
THIS^^^

We need more exposure in the Twin Cities Metro area and beyond. I nearly threw up in my car on tuesday when I heard a UND ad during the Twins game.

Personally I think you guys overdo this exposure thing. I lived in Tucson for 2 1/2 years. They are the home of the Pac 10 U of A Wildcats and I lived there during one of the national championship runs in basketball. Even though that team in 2001 (I think) was expected to do amazing things that year, they had very few games on TV outside of ESPN. They would talk Wildcats on the radio, but commercials were not overdone trying to get people to come to the games. They had maybe 1 or 2 games the whole season on a local channel. Instead they decided to spend their money where it counts. ON THE STUDENTS AND ON THE GAME DAY ATMOSPHERE. They figured lets sell out the stadium every single game and if people can't get in it is there fault. So maybe instead of getting all these games on TV, let's make game day an unbelievable experience that everyone wants to be apart of. If those of you in the cities want to see the Bison, drive up to Fargo.

OTOH, I do agree with Gabe and would love all the conference road games on TV someway somehow.

TheBisonator
05-13-2011, 01:11 AM

All right, I was harsh, I apologize. I'm just pissed at some of these western ND legislators trying to throw our University under the bus.

Gully
05-13-2011, 01:35 AM
tc is right, there are tons of bison fans in Western nd. like tc, I grew up in Western ND although a bit closer to Canada than tc and we grew up cheering for "benny" running the option.

that said, we do need more exposure in the twin cities, it would be great if they could get a package with FSN but I'm sure they would gladly jump on that if it was possible. If it is ever possible, I say get the away games on instead of the home games.

DjKyRo
05-13-2011, 01:38 AM
All right, I was harsh, I apologize. I'm just pissed at some of these western ND legislators trying to throw our University under the bus.

Plenty of eastern legislators doing the same.

tjbison
05-13-2011, 01:42 AM
UNI at NDSU Valley Game of the Week
NDSU at SDSU - if they allow it
NDSU at Minnesota B10

and a couple others on Statewide

perthbison
05-13-2011, 01:48 AM
I'm noticing in our area, people are interested in Bison Football that didn't used to be. Televised games greatly help build a following in these rural areas. I know many terrific fans from western ND.

perthbison
05-13-2011, 01:52 AM
Some of the problem legislaters were from Fargo and eastern ND.

HerdBot
05-13-2011, 02:25 AM
I'm noticing in our area, people are interested in Bison Football that didn't used to be. Televised games greatly help build a following in these rural areas. I know many terrific fans from western ND.

True but FSN is included with basic cable in Western ND.

HerdBot
05-13-2011, 02:38 AM
Personally I think you guys overdo this exposure thing. I lived in Tucson for 2 1/2 years. They are the home of the Pac 10 U of A Wildcats and I lived there during one of the national championship runs in basketball. Even though that team in 2001 (I think) was expected to do amazing things that year, they had very few games on TV outside of ESPN. They would talk Wildcats on the radio, but commercials were not overdone trying to get people to come to the games. They had maybe 1 or 2 games the whole season on a local channel. Instead they decided to spend their money where it counts. ON THE STUDENTS AND ON THE GAME DAY ATMOSPHERE. They figured lets sell out the stadium every single game and if people can't get in it is there fault. So maybe instead of getting all these games on TV, let's make game day an unbelievable experience that everyone wants to be apart of. If those of you in the cities want to see the Bison, drive up to Fargo.

OTOH, I do agree with Gabe and would love all the conference road games on TV someway somehow.

I think being on a prime cable network develops life long fans. Think about 2 of the biggest teams in baseball... the Cubs and Braves. They have a huge national fanbase because of all the kids like myself who grew up watching Harry Carrey on WGN and the Braves on TBS.

Obviously we will never be on a a channel like that but everyone and their dog knows and watches FSN North. It is available nationally. Twins, Wild, and Wolves are all Fargo teams.

North Dakota is outright not that big so it makes sense to market to Minnesota who is bigger.

Its an investment. Were essentially advertising for the academics. More students means more business. Were getting the alumni excited. That leads to more donations. And we haven't even touched on the top Minnesota recruits who would never consider us. We may actual snag an elite recruit once in a while.

We need to position us as the #1 option for the midwest, after the Gophers. Were really in a unique area. ND, SD, and Minnesota have a ton of people but only 1 D1A school. We are regional. And the best part is they get in state tuition rates.

Hammersmith
05-13-2011, 02:41 AM
We don't have to worry much about the Twins this year, but Gopher hockey could be a killer. UMN hasn't announced which games will be televised on FSN or the start times. I can't wait for Big 10 hockey to start. Looking at the list, I'd say homecoming vs Illinois State is the most likely home game to get on FSN. I hope the UNI game is picked as our MVFC game of the week. That would get us on FCS at least, and FSN might also pick it up if there isn't a conflict with the Gophers. As for the Marker Game, that's in hands of the new AD Sell. I think this might be the first Marker game at SDSU since he took over. Maybe he will adjust the start time if FSN is interested in that game.

Sep 03 H Lafayette Twins(6pm)
Sep 10 H St Francis
Sep 24 A Minnesota BTN

Oct 01 H ISU-R (HC)
Oct 08 A SIU Goph MH vs Sac Hrt
Oct 15 H MSU Goph MH @UMD
Oct 22 A SDSU Goph MH Vermont
Oct 29 H UNI (HB) Goph MH @UAA

Nov 05 A ISU-B Goph MH vs UND
Nov 12 H YSU Goph MH @Wisc
Nov 19 A WIU Goph MH vs SCSU

sambini
05-13-2011, 02:46 AM
I love Watford City home of Fred FridleyJR former Bison basketball player, Howdy Lawler former Bison defensive end, and Ross Sundeen another former Bison football player is the States Attorney out there. And there is a lot of OIL out there. We need these people as they are great supporters of NDSU.

HerdBot
05-13-2011, 02:47 AM
We don't have to worry much about the Twins this year, but Gopher hockey could be a killer. UMN hasn't announced which games will be televised on FSN or the start times. I can't wait for Big 10 hockey to start. Looking at the list, I'd say homecoming vs Illinois State is the most likely home game to get on FSN. I hope the UNI game is picked as our MVFC game of the week. That would get us on FCS at least, and FSN might also pick it up if there isn't a conflict with the Gophers.

Sep 10 H St Francis
Sep 24 A Minnesota BTN

Oct 01 H ISU-R (HC)

Great point on Big Ten hockey. That opens up a ton of dates. We should be on that when it happens. When do they leave the WCHA?

sambini
05-13-2011, 02:47 AM
Back on track I would love to see all the road games on TV.

Hammersmith
05-13-2011, 03:27 AM
Great point on Big Ten hockey. That opens up a ton of dates. We should be on that when it happens. When do they leave the WCHA?

2013-14. We've got two more years before games on FSN should get a lot easier. Whether they will or not is a totally different question.

Hammersmith
05-13-2011, 03:34 AM
Back on track I would love to see all the road games on TV.

Worry only about what you can can control and it will make your life much more pleasant. I try to live by that as much as I can. Away games are totally controlled by the host school. There's very, very little that NDSU can do to improve the number of televised away games, especially when they are all conference games. Heck, remember the SDSU game from a few years back? FSN approached SDSU wanting to televise the game, but FSN needed the kickoff moved. NDSU even offered to pay the upfront cost to FSN($25k I think), but SDSU was unwilling to alter the schedule. Sometimes there's just nothing you can do.

EndZoneQB
05-13-2011, 04:28 AM
I have a feeling the UNI game will easily be picked. We took their D-coordinator, and there is always bad blood between the two teams. We were a playoff team last year, and they were conference champs. Don't think theres ever been so much behind the game before....

tjbison
05-13-2011, 04:36 AM
I have a feeling the UNI game will easily be picked. We took their D-coordinator, and there is always bad blood between the two teams. We were a playoff team last year, and they were conference champs. Don't think theres ever been so much behind the game before....

VALLEY GAME OF THE WEEK BABY!!!!! IN HD

sambini
05-13-2011, 05:01 AM
Worry only about what you can can control and it will make your life much more pleasant. I try to live by that as much as I can. Away games are totally controlled by the host school. There's very, very little that NDSU can do to improve the number of televised away games, especially when they are all conference games. Heck, remember the SDSU game from a few years back? FSN approached SDSU wanting to televise the game, but FSN needed the kickoff moved. NDSU even offered to pay the upfront cost to FSN($25k I think), but SDSU was unwilling to alter the schedule. Sometimes there's just nothing you can do.

Where did I say I was worried. It would be nice to see imo. I have been to all of the Valley schools except 2. Will try and get 1 more done this year.

HerdBot
05-13-2011, 05:36 AM

Good point. What valley teams put games on tv? We've played Youngstown, SDSU, WIU, and UNI on tv on the road. Indiana State has never had a road game on tv but I wonder if it was due to lack of interest? But they are good now. Illinois State? SIU? Must think small like SDSU used to.

ndsubison1
05-13-2011, 05:37 AM

that game could possibly decide the conference title

HerdBot
05-13-2011, 01:40 PM
that game could possibly decide the conference title

Yeah then again there is so much parity in the league now.

mango
05-13-2011, 02:06 PM
We don't have to worry much about the Twins this year, but Gopher hockey could be a killer. UMN hasn't announced which games will be televised on FSN or the start times. I can't wait for Big 10 hockey to start. Looking at the list, I'd say homecoming vs Illinois State is the most likely home game to get on FSN. I hope the UNI game is picked as our MVFC game of the week. That would get us on FCS at least, and FSN might also pick it up if there isn't a conflict with the Gophers. As for the Marker Game, that's in hands of the new AD Sell. I think this might be the first Marker game at SDSU since he took over. Maybe he will adjust the start time if FSN is interested in that game.

Sep 10 H St Francis
Sep 24 A Minnesota BTN

Oct 01 H ISU-R (HC)

It's the second one because he was year the year of NDSU's 3-8 season. It's nice that we have an AD that's willing to accept games being on TV.

Hammersmith
05-13-2011, 03:58 PM
Where did I say I was worried. It would be nice to see imo. I have been to all of the Valley schools except 2. Will try and get 1 more done this year.

It was more of a generic statement meant to divert us from another dead horse beating. It happens at least a once a year around this time. Somebody brings up TV games. Someone else starts complaining about the lack thereof. A third party brings up away games, and the site goes into massive bitch-fest. I wasn't in the mood for that, so I tried a sniper shot to head it off. No offense meant.

EndZoneQB
05-13-2011, 04:00 PM
It was more of a generic statement meant to divert us from another dead horse beating. It happens at least a once a year around this time. Somebody brings up TV games. Someone else starts complaining about the lack thereof. A third party brings up away games, and the site goes into massive bitch-fest. I wasn't in the mood for that, so I tried a sniper shot to head it off. No offense meant.

Worked pretty well....

...until another head spawned....

Why can't we get more games on TV? I mean we are big time now, but we are still stuck in DII days! Let's pump it up around here, call NDSU/FSN/FCS/CBS/ABC/ESPN and DEMAND they put NDSU on tv! They tell us to call our cable provider to get their channels, why can't we call them to get our content!!

344Johnson
05-13-2011, 04:05 PM

Imperial Cass mentality gets at some of these people. He should apologize. A lot of people out west like the Bison but keep in mind they have to drive a hell of a lot longer than we do.

tony
05-13-2011, 04:19 PM
Imperial Cass mentality gets at some of these people. He should apologize. A lot of people out west like the Bison but keep in mind they have to drive a hell of a lot longer than we do.

To his credit, he did apologize.

Notorious
05-13-2011, 04:41 PM
To his credit, he did apologize.

It was one of his "accidentaly" funny posts...I got one of my four daily servings of belly laugh after reading that one!!

tcbison
05-13-2011, 05:02 PM

Thanks for that. I think pretty much all ND legislators don't get it when it comes to NDSU.

tony
05-13-2011, 05:15 PM
Thanks for that. I think pretty much all ND legislators don't get it when it comes to NDSU.

Or they get it but don't want to make waves so they let the anti-NDSU folks have the field uncontested.

HerdBot
05-13-2011, 05:46 PM
2013-14. We've got two more years before games on FSN should get a lot easier. Whether they will or not is a totally different question.

If we have any vision we will plan ahead and try to work with FSN North for the 2013 season. We should have all the home games, coaches show, and more BB games on FSN North. I think it's more important than Fox College Sports. The channels is FSN NORTH not FSN Minnesota. I mean if they can get High School games on the tube...

3 years from now we will have the nice new turf and the new lighting so the games will actually look good too. Then we can throw in some HD camera's and we could actually have a good quality production! Sick of the high school production we're currently getting.

GOB1SON
05-13-2011, 07:29 PM
But how about a dose of reality.

All of our home games on FSN-North? Maybe if it was FSN-North Dakota. But then there would be a legislative mandate that ALL colleges must have all their games on FSN-ND because NDSU is overexposed. (Tongue in cheek).

Anyway, until we actually have a winning record in conference play and manage to attract more than 8000 butts for Indiana State (if there were that many) we might be getting ahead of ourselves. I think TV contracts are a combination of earned respect and money spent. We have the money (I think) and now we have to win something to get the respect.

TheBisonator
05-13-2011, 09:30 PM
But how about a dose of reality.

All of our home games on FSN-North? Maybe if it was FSN-North Dakota. But then there would be a legislative mandate that ALL colleges must have all their games on FSN-ND because NDSU is overexposed. (Tongue in cheek).

Anyway, until we actually have a winning record in conference play and manage to attract more than 8000 butts for Indiana State (if there were that many) we might be getting ahead of ourselves. I think TV contracts are a combination of earned respect and money spent. We have the money (I think) and now we have to win something to get the respect.

I think there were a lot more than 8,000 at Indiana State. You can't logically have less than 10-11,000 asses in the seats at any Bison home game. (9,000+ STH's minus a couple thousand, plus 1,000 students minimum plus a few thousand single-game tickets used)

In any case, attendance will skyrocket this year. When it comes to attendance trends, fans in F-M act like they are watching the previous year's Bison team on the field, and not the current year's. How else would you explain us averaging 18,000+ when we were 6-5 and less than 16,000 last year when we made our playoff run??

Wally
05-13-2011, 11:00 PM
If we have any vision we will plan ahead and try to work with FSN North for the 2013 season. We should have all the home games, coaches show, and more BB games on FSN North. I think it's more important than Fox College Sports. The channels is FSN NORTH not FSN Minnesota. I mean if they can get High School games on the tube...

3 years from now we will have the nice new turf and the new lighting so the games will actually look good too. Then we can throw in some HD camera's and we could actually have a good quality production! Sick of the high school production we're currently getting.

I had always hoped FSN North would someday create an FSN North-Alternate. There are some alternates out their on FSN's around the country and other sports channels, Altitude comes to mind.

I am not a broadcasting wizard, so I don't know if that would ever work for the upper midwest. Obviously, their needs to be programming and the ability to sell ads to make it work.

TheBisonator
05-13-2011, 11:14 PM
I had always hoped FSN North would someday create a FSN North-Alternate. There are some alternates out their on FSN's around the country and other sports channels, Altitude comes to mind.

I am not a broadcasting wizard, so I don't know if that would ever work. Obviously, their needs to be programming and the ability to sell ads to make it work.

FSN alternates have existed since the beggining (mid-90's). They first had them on the west coast when the acronym "FSN" was not even used as a marketing tool, it was just known as "FOX Sports Net". There was a FOX Sports Net West 2 and other channels like that. I actually think it may have been FSN that created the concept of regional alternates. I don't know how many FSN regional channels have alternates today, though. I know here in Canada, Sportsnet (the Canadian equivalent to FSN) has an alternate channel, but I think that one alternate is used for all regions.

Having an "FSN North 2" could greatly increase NDSU's chances of being on the air more.

HerdBot
05-14-2011, 01:33 AM
FSN alternates have existed since the beggining (mid-90's). They first had them on the west coast when the acronym "FSN" was not even used as a marketing tool, it was just known as "FOX Sports Net". There was a FOX Sports Net West 2 and other channels like that. I actually think it may have been FSN that created the concept of regional alternates. I don't know how many FSN regional channels have alternates today, though. I know here in Canada, Sportsnet (the Canadian equivalent to FSN) has an alternate channel, but I think that one alternate is used for all regions.

Having an "FSN North 2" could greatly increase NDSU's chances of being on the air more.

Plenty of teams in the Dakotas themselves not to mention the Missouri Valley football, MV basketball, and Summitt to fill the slots. You could probably fill slots with AA baseball teams like the St Paul Saints, Redhawks and USHL teams. WCHA would be good. Minnesota Duluth draws OK.

It would lack an anchor professional team to draw fans. They could shift one of the pro teams to the alternate. How about the WNBA? MMA? Boxing? Poker? Most of it is syndicated stuff anyway like the Best Damn Sports Show.

TbonZach
05-14-2011, 01:38 AM
Plenty of teams in the Dakotas themselves not to mention the Missouri Valley football, MV basketball, and Summitt to fill the slots. You could probably fill slots with AA baseball teams like the St Paul Saints, Redhawks and USHL teams. WCHA would be good. Minnesota Duluth draws OK.

It would lack an anchor professional team to draw fans. They could shift one of the pro teams to the alternate. How about the WNBA? MMA? Boxing? Poker? Most of it is syndicated stuff anyway like the Best Damn Sports Show.

Not to sound completely sexist, but would there be enough of a following to justify that? :blush:

HerdBot
05-14-2011, 01:43 AM
Not to sound completely sexist, but would there be enough of a following to justify that? :blush:

Yeah I hear ya but they are pros. How about pro soccer?

THEsocalledfan
05-16-2011, 01:37 PM
My impressions, from our discussions with the wizards to the North, is that part of their success in getting their hockies team on TV has been having their own television studio. Has NDSU gone any further with this?

HerdBot
05-16-2011, 03:40 PM
My impressions, from our discussions with the wizards to the North, is that part of their success in getting their hockies team on TV has been having their own television studio. Has NDSU gone any further with this?

Ther was a good article in the Fourm last month. It talked a bout how NDSU likes to do it in house because they make more money doing it. But that was for football. I think Basketball is completely different. They could get more games on Midconet but Midco is not even in Fargo.

TheBisonator
05-16-2011, 05:31 PM
Ther was a good article in the Fourm last month. It talked a bout how NDSU likes to do it in house because they make more money doing it. But that was for football. I think Basketball is completely different. They could get more games on Midconet but Midco is not even in Fargo.

I was wondering: Can games be shown on Midco, but then have CableOne channel 44 (or something like that) simulcast the feed from Midco??

UND hockey does something like that. They're all over Midco, but they also get picked up by CableOne 44.

Then again, UND's production is in-house, and not a Midco production. Maybe the fact that games are Midco SportsNet productions would deter CableOne from airing a simulcast.

THEsocalledfan
05-16-2011, 08:30 PM

Again, you a neglecting the piece on the television studio. My understanding that although NDSU "runs" and owns the productions, they are using others TV equipement (thus crappy, antiquated microwave signals from the cutting edge NBC network......) while UND does all of it in house. Am I off on this?

TheBisonator
05-16-2011, 08:33 PM
Again, you a neglecting the piece on the television studio. My understanding that although NDSU "runs" and owns the productions, they are using others TV equipement (thus crappy, antiquated microwave signals from the cutting edge NBC network......) while UND does all of it in house. Am I off on this?

And KVRR doesn't even have a website. TV media in F-M is waaaaaaaay behind.

Wally
05-16-2011, 08:55 PM
And KVRR doesn't even have a website. TV media in F-M is waaaaaaaay behind.

That is beyond embarrassing

TheBisonator
05-16-2011, 09:03 PM
That is beyond embarrassing

It's freakin true too.

Sad thing is they could hire some high schooler to make some half-assed site in exchange for college credit, it wouldn't even cost the station anything.

Hell, I have a damn website for MY FREAKIN PERSONAL ARTWORK. (http://www.absg.deviantart.com - shameless plug)

I'm thinking I should buy the domain name "kvrr.com" or "kvrrfox15.com" and just make a parody site making fun of it.

Twentysix
05-16-2011, 09:11 PM
It's freakin true too.

Sad thing is they could hire some high schooler to make some half-assed site in exchange for college credit, it wouldn't even cost the station anything.

Hell, I have a damn website for MY FREAKIN PERSONAL ARTWORK. (http://www.absg.deviantart.com - shameless plug)

I'm thinking I should buy the domain name "kvrr.com" or "kvrrfox15.com" and just make a parody site making fun of it.

Buy it, make the site in less than 5 hours, and pitch it to them for 500 bucks.

If they dont take it, you wasted 5 hours in canada, and about 5 bucks registering a domain. And you can then turn it into a parody site.

Sell it as is "Transfer of all time spent and administrative duties aswell as domain ownership(well domain access, i dont think there are many hosts that allow you to own a domain....)."

Bison Dan
05-17-2011, 12:15 PM
Buy it, make the site in less than 5 hours, and pitch it to them for 500 bucks.

If they dont take it, you wasted 5 hours in canada, and about 5 bucks registering a domain. And you can then turn it into a parody site.

Sell it as is "Transfer of all time spent and administrative duties aswell as domain ownership(well domain access, i dont think there are many hosts that allow you to own a domain....)."

Add another 0 to the 500 and it would still be a good deal. Business is business!

THEsocalledfan
05-17-2011, 12:16 PM
Notice the deafening silence to my comments on the antiquated way NDSU produces the football games. Note even the apologists are apologizing anymore. I laugh everytime I think about microwave TV transmission. How many years has it been since Ted Turner bought an Atlanta TV station and started satelite broadcasting as we know it? Got to be at least 30 years........and NDSU uses microwaves.

Microwaves are for cooking, not broadcasting.

onbison09
05-17-2011, 04:24 PM
Notice the deafening silence to my comments on the antiquated way NDSU produces the football games. Note even the apologists are apologizing anymore. I laugh everytime I think about microwave TV transmission. How many years has it been since Ted Turner bought an Atlanta TV station and started satelite broadcasting as we know it? Got to be at least 30 years........and NDSU uses microwaves.

Microwaves are for cooking, not broadcasting.

++++++++++++++++++++++++ I was stunned at the low quality when I watched the playoff game on the NCAA's site. It wasn't because of the website either.

onbison09
05-17-2011, 04:25 PM
It's freakin true too.

Seriously. How can you not have a website?