PDA

View Full Version : Mohler leaving NDSU

DjKyRo
05-12-2011, 06:28 PM
Uh....not to pull a "creepy fan" role but This just showed up on Jose Mohler's FB feed:

Once a bison always a bison... last day here in fargo forever thanks to all that had a part in my life here gonna miss all yall

Transfer?

aces1180
05-12-2011, 06:29 PM
Uh....not to pull a "creepy fan" role but This just showed up on Jose Mohler's FB feed:

Transfer?

Hmmm....Wouldn't surprise me.

Notorious
05-12-2011, 06:29 PM

Transfer?

Not surprising...good luck to him!!

TransAmBison
05-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Good luck Mohler...can't blame ya.

aces1180
05-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Uh....not to pull a "creepy fan" role

BTW - You don't have to worry about that...You are a student, so he is one of your peers. There is nothing wrong with being FB friends with a student-athlete, when you are also a student. When you are at least 5 years removed from school, that is where it gets weird IMO.

BadlandsBison
05-12-2011, 07:03 PM
BTW - You don't have to worry about that...You are a student, so he is one of your peers. There is nothing wrong with being FB friends with a student-athlete, when you are also a student. When you are at least 5 years removed from school, that is where it gets weird IMO.

HEs TrANSfeRRINg I HAVE THe TEXT!!11!:bow:

This is in done in jest, of course

DjKyRo
05-12-2011, 07:07 PM
Heh, as if the attrition rate from the 2008 class could've gotten any worse... (I know, bad joke).

Also, word on the street is that he hasn't chosen a transfer destination yet. Didn't hear it from him so the validity thereof is not yet ascertained. Indubitably.

aces1180
05-12-2011, 07:08 PM
Heh, as if the attrition rate from the 2008 class could've gotten any worse... (I know, bad joke).

Any idea of where he is going?

HerdBot
05-12-2011, 07:16 PM

Transfer?

Good luck Jose. Can't blame you. Your a competitor. Not a good situation for playing time.

Grizzled
05-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Any idea of where he is going?

Best of luck Jose. Once a Bison, always a Bison.

From what I have heard he'll still have ties to the Bison family and still be around the F/M area.

DjKyRo
05-12-2011, 07:22 PM
Best of luck Jose. Once a Bison, always a Bison.

From what I have heard he'll still have ties to the Bison family and still be around the F/M area.

From his quote "Goodbye Fargo forever" I'm not sure he'll stay in the area. I'm not going off anything other than that, FWIW.

Notorious
05-12-2011, 07:25 PM
From his quote "Goodbye Fargo forever" I'm not sure he'll stay in the area. I'm not going off anything other than that, FWIW.

It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't transfer to play elsewhere. He may be at a point where his passion for the game is not there anymore, or the game is no longer fun. That can happen in situations like this.

One a Bison, Always a Bison!

The Lost Dutchman
05-12-2011, 07:44 PM
Craig Bohl will be on the Jack Michaels show tomorrow right out of the gates at noon to talk about the QB situation, I'll podcast it on here shortly afterwards.

SlickVic
05-12-2011, 07:57 PM
Lakes just text me joses transferring hey yo djkyro can your sources confirm this lol

aces1180
05-12-2011, 08:54 PM
Per a Tweet by Kolpack...

"NDSU quarterback Jose Mohler has told Bison coaching staff that he is transferring to another school, destination unknown at this point."

And now the Forum blurb...

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/319514/group/homepage/

Grizzled
05-12-2011, 08:55 PM

I'm thinking your right Dj and what I heard was wrong. I had heard MSU-M but that doesn't seem to match his quote.

Either way best of luck Jose.

aces1180
05-12-2011, 08:56 PM
I'm thinking your right Dj and what I heard was wrong. I had heard MSU-M but that doesn't seem to match his quote.

Are you also Bison03 on Bisonmedia?

BISONBRI53
05-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Just read about Mohler leaving NDSU. Any ideas where he is headed?

BisonBabe
05-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Best of luck to Jose where ever he may end up.

bison boy
05-12-2011, 09:06 PM
i hope it is moorehead , i would love to watch him

OrygunBison
05-12-2011, 09:10 PM
I cannot say I blame him but I still wish it weren't true. Dude was clutch in Bozo and has the most QB experience on the team. Not good to lose. That said, I definite wish him luck and plenty of playing time in the future.

HerdBot
05-12-2011, 09:16 PM
Bet we see perez as 3rd string redshirt the new guys

BisonPride72
05-12-2011, 09:20 PM
Bet we see perez as 3rd string redshirt the new guys

I'd say he will be 3rd string QB and still work with the WR group like he has been. If the team has to Perez at QB this year they might be in trouble no matter if he practiced QB full time or not.

ndsubison1
05-12-2011, 09:23 PM
It will be interesting to see where he goes

Minneapolis Jack
05-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Don't Worry!!!

Mertens 08, 09 & Mohler 10, 11 !!!

JSUBison
05-12-2011, 09:44 PM
Don't Worry!!!

Mertens 08, 09 & Mohler 10, 11 !!!

I wonder who the next QB whipping boy will be here? Say what you want about his stats, but at least Jose went out on a pretty good note.

344Johnson
05-12-2011, 09:46 PM
UND perhaps? He would start probably yes?

TheBisonator
05-12-2011, 09:49 PM
I wonder who the next QB whipping boy will be here? Say what you want about his stats, but at least Jose went out on a pretty good note.

I don't think any other QB will be as bad as Mertens, at least for the next 20 years.

BisonPride72
05-12-2011, 09:50 PM

And he has pretty decent speed I just don't think it would be albe to be classified as crazy speed though. :hide:

G-city Bison Fan
05-12-2011, 09:51 PM
I don't think any other QB will be as bad as Mertens, at least for the next 20 years.

For the sake of the program and my blood pressure, I hope not.

KTF
05-12-2011, 10:14 PM
Good luck Jose! Thanks for the memories!

TheBisonator
05-12-2011, 10:19 PM
The only game I ever watched Jose play where he looked bad was at UNI. otherwise, he looked like an improvement from Mertens in every other game he played in. (Can't remember if he was in for the 3-0 Missouri St. debacle?)

In any case, I wish him the best.

NDSUFan_Sav
05-12-2011, 11:31 PM

would have to sit out a year there and only have 1 year left.

EndZoneQB
05-13-2011, 12:00 AM

That was my first thought too. I'm sure he'll go somewhere that gives him a scholarship...who knows if MSUM has one to give.

aces1180
05-13-2011, 12:05 AM
The only game I ever watched Jose play where he looked bad was at UNI. otherwise, he looked like an improvement from Mertens in every other game he played in. (Can't remember if he was in for the 3-0 Missouri St. debacle?)

In any case, I wish him the best.

Illinois State was not one of his best performances...Instead of playing like a 170 pound QB, he thought he was a 220 RB and decided to try and run over some defenders...He did not win those battles and ended up turning the ball over.

tjbison
05-13-2011, 01:31 AM
Good luck Jose, thanks for the moments you gave us to Chant!!!! Especially in Bozeman at the Crystal!!!!!!!!!!!

NDSU1980
05-13-2011, 01:50 AM

Boy are you in trouble. There are two asshats on this board that go nuts if you say anything bad about mertens.

Anyway, the real tragedy with Mohler is that 2008 and 2009 were literally wasted by having him stand on the sidelines watching mertens lose game after game.

Jose was a good player and gave us a reason to live again by beating Kansas. Best of luck to him.

(and to the two who want to bitch about the mertens bashing, "Give it a rest".

bisonmike2
05-13-2011, 02:02 AM
Best of luck to him. Anyway you put it, it's a bad deal for NDSU. Sure if Brock and Esley play like we expect them to there's a good chance Jose would have never seen the field this fall. But the fact remains he's a QB with a ton of valuable starting experience in some big games. Tough to lose guys with that going for him, especially at that position.

perthbison
05-13-2011, 02:04 AM
Good luck Jose, thanks for the moments you gave us to Chant!!!! Especially in Bozeman at the Crystal!!!!!!!!!!!

Buffalo wild wings too. Great chants, great memories. Jose's a gamer.

DjKyRo
05-13-2011, 02:23 AM
I think the fact that there's little PT to be had for a guy like Mohler says a lot about where the program's at, but the unfortunate nature of sports at this level is that there's rarely enough field to go around at a position like QB. Jose certainly had his shortcomings but that 40-yard conversion he nabbed at Montana State was a huge, huge play and very possibly saved that game. Can't underestimate the value of a steady hand on the sidelines providing support.

I do have to admit, this raises some interesting questions (for me at least). We're right back where we started last year with a sophomore and freshman leading the way for the QB race, assuming Dante stays out at WR (not that he'd have a huge impact at QB anyway, IMO). Two years of on-and-off starting experience and three years in the system is pretty valuable, regardless of how much skill you do or do not have. I hope Brock is ready for a bigger leadership position because the team is more "his" than ever.

NDSUstudent
05-13-2011, 02:31 AM
Shame to see Jose go, I think he could do well at the right school. One thing I really liked about him was even after losing the QB job he was there cheering on Brock and was ready to play if needed.

tjbison
05-13-2011, 02:46 AM
Shame to see Jose go, I think he could do well at the right school. One thing I really liked about him was even after losing the QB job he was there cheering on Brock and was ready to play if needed.

EXACTLY!!!! He was there for the TEAM. I admit I said some shit about Jose after the MIP stuff but after seeing him stand by Brock, and come in and play with heart (especially in Bozeman) i changed my tune a little.

your dead on

4mcruenomore
05-13-2011, 03:26 AM
Good luck to Jose, the Bozeman game and trip was priceless.

EndZoneQB
05-13-2011, 04:22 AM
He will always be remembered for the first season we made the playoffs as a D-I team!

sambini
05-13-2011, 05:02 AM
Good luck Jose wish you well in your future endeavors.

BisonNeil
05-13-2011, 12:57 PM

Also, word on the street is that he hasn't chosen a transfer destination yet. Didn't hear it from him so the validity thereof is not yet ascertained. Indubitably.

As I posted in the other Mohler thread, it now stands at 80% for the high school scholarship players.

And as I have said before, I question the durability of Jenson. There is no question in my mind that the #2 guy will play this year. What happens if Thorton melts under the heat? Having Mohler would have been a great option and personally, I think he bailed too soon. My guess is he would have played this fall.

Facts
05-13-2011, 01:58 PM
Boy are you in trouble. There are two asshats on this board that go nuts if you say anything bad about mertens.

Anyway, the real tragedy with Mohler is that 2008 and 2009 were literally wasted by having him stand on the sidelines watching mertens lose game after game.

Jose was a good player and gave us a reason to live again by beating Kansas. Best of luck to him.

(and to the two who want to bitch about the mertens bashing, "Give it a rest".

So a pirate walks into bar with a steering wheel in his pants. The bartender says to the pirate, "Hey Capt'n, uhhh... you've got a steering wheel in your pants". The pirate replies back, "Darrrrrrr... and it's driving mee nuts".

:rimshot:

Grizzled
05-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Are you also Bison03 on Bisonmedia?

Aces, I am not. If I do post there I post under "Grizzled".

aces1180
05-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Aces, I am not. If I do post there I post under "Grizzled".

Gotcha...Thanks.

Grizzled
05-13-2011, 02:14 PM
Gotcha...Thanks.

I had heard MSU-M though but today's forum article kind of proved that wrong. It was actually from a coworker who in his words "is one of their few fans" and said they are not sure if either of their top two guys will be elgible come fall. Steve comments in the article today though about being OK at QB don't match up with that.

DePereBisonFan
05-13-2011, 02:18 PM
I agree with the folks saying he would have seen some playing time this year. I think he would have entered the season as the #2.

DjKyRo
05-13-2011, 03:06 PM
The name I've heard batted around in a circle or two is Mankato.

Kermit
05-13-2011, 03:06 PM
I agree with the folks saying he would have seen some playing time this year. I think he would have entered the season as the #2.

It seems to me that Bohl and Vigen have both clearly stated that Thorton moved ahead of Mohler this spring. I don't think that was likely to change. There are also two promising freshmen coming in. Even if Mohler found playing time this fall, he would probably be going through the same thing next spring.

Jose has been a good teammate and a contributing player in some big Bison wins. I wish him the very best!

344Johnson
05-13-2011, 04:00 PM
So a pirate walks into bar with a steering wheel in his pants. The bartender says to the pirate, "Hey Capt'n, uhhh... you've got a steering wheel in your pants". The pirate replies back, "Darrrrrrr... and it's driving mee nuts".

LOL thats a good one

BisonBabe
05-13-2011, 04:03 PM

Much deserved rep for this one :judges:

bluebison35
05-13-2011, 04:34 PM

http://www.awise.org/files/productsimages/BS_C/38294.jpg (http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0PDoS_qXM1NBwwAD5ajzbkF/SIG=12c7tdtvu/EXP=1305333098/**http%3a//www.awise.org/files/productsimages/BS_C/38294.jpg)

Careful, the keep threads serious police are coming!!:hide:

MN_BISON
05-13-2011, 06:07 PM
Craig Bohl will be on the Jack Michaels show tomorrow right out of the gates at noon to talk about the QB situation, I'll podcast it on here shortly afterwards.

Did Bohl get lost on the way to the station or lose his phone?

NDSUFan_Sav
05-13-2011, 06:24 PM
The name I've heard batted around in a circle or two is Mankato.

heard the same

WRSDBison
05-13-2011, 06:30 PM
I'd say he will be 3rd string QB and still work with the WR group like he has been. If the team has to Perez at QB this year they might be in trouble no matter if he practiced QB full time or not.

I think it would all depend on when and how long the 3rd QB was needed. IF, yes I stress the if because it would suck if this happens, Jensen and Thornton go down within the first 4 games and will be out for a long period of time, then you will see one of the freshman play IMO.

cbline
05-13-2011, 06:50 PM
http://www.awise.org/files/productsimages/BS_C/38294.jpg (http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0PDoS_qXM1NBwwAD5ajzbkF/SIG=12c7tdtvu/EXP=1305333098/**http%3a//www.awise.org/files/productsimages/BS_C/38294.jpg)

Careful, the keep threads serious police are coming!!:hide:

How do you know she's coming? I don't see a look of ecstacy on her face.

The Lost Dutchman
05-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Here's Coach talking about Jose leaving.

http://740thefan.com/uploads/Craig%20Bohl%20May.mp3

ndbj52
05-14-2011, 12:25 AM
Jose was in one of my classes last year and was part of my small group. I got to know him real well. We hung out occasionally on weekends and always had a good time. He is a great guy and a great person to be around I will miss him a lot.

bosco
05-20-2011, 01:23 AM
Good luck! You did a great job!

CAS4127
05-24-2011, 09:37 PM
Did we ever find out where he is transfering to?

DjKyRo
06-04-2011, 03:00 AM
Courtesy of his Facebook feed:

found myself a new home... hello central washington wildcats baby

Congrats on finding a location to transfer, hope he has success out west. Thanks for the three years, Jose.

CHADSTAUS
06-04-2011, 03:15 AM
His mom and brother hung out with us in Kansas before the game. Very nice people. I wish him the best of luck in the future.

4mcruenomore
06-04-2011, 03:23 AM
Congrats to Jose, and looking at their schedule, I hope he runs all over Texas A&M Kingsville!!!!

EndZoneQB
06-04-2011, 03:24 AM
His mom and brother hung out with us in Kansas before the game. Very nice people. I wish him the best of luck in the future.

Shared a Das Boot with Lu!

4mcruenomore
06-04-2011, 03:47 AM
Shared a Das Boot with Lu!

We did in Bozo also!!!!

WYOBISONMAN
06-04-2011, 06:16 AM
Jose and his family are a class act. I wish him the best where ever he goes.....NDSU was fortunate to have him were the green and gold. He helped us at some very key points. Thanks Jose......

ndsubison1
06-04-2011, 07:49 AM
Good choice for him. I think it's a nice fit

2910Bison
06-04-2011, 08:05 AM
He pussed out and I have ZERO respect for that. He was not guaranteed a starting spot when given schoolly offer, he was given a chance.

He is a quitter!

ndsubison1
06-04-2011, 08:34 AM
He pussed out--fuck him. PERIOD!!!! If I would have played I would have earholed the mofo!!!! Fuck u Jose & take Lakesbison with U--ya I have an attitude!! Who's next mofo's!!???

stay classy!!!

aces1180
06-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Personally, I could care less about Jose now, regardless if he is a good guy or not...He quit the Bison and that's too bad, but now someone else will get a chance to step up.

Remember, "Those who stay will be champions."

aces1180
06-04-2011, 01:34 PM
He pussed out--fuck him. PERIOD!!!! If I would have played I would have earholed the mofo!!!! Fuck u Jose & take Lakesbison with U--ya I have an attitude!! Who's next mofo's!!???

Even though I don't agree with the way you stated, the I do feel the same way about Jose...He quit and that's the way it is.

The Lost Dutchman
06-04-2011, 03:30 PM

I have no problem with Jose looking after himself and being a little selfish. I'm sure his coaches and teammates also didn't have a problem with his decision. As stated already, stay classy! Good luck to Jose!

DjKyRo
06-04-2011, 03:41 PM

Sounds like someone got home from the bars around 3:00 am...

Tatanka
06-04-2011, 03:50 PM

:facepalm: :smh:

westnodak93bison
06-04-2011, 07:53 PM
The kid got beat out and was 3rd string. If he chooses to leave that is his business. I wish him the best. Not sure why all the hate? I don't remember the hate when Parsons and Brecke bailed? Those two left us in a pickle.

bkit29
06-04-2011, 09:56 PM
central washington is the alma mater of Jon Kitna. Good luck Jose!

Scooter1
06-04-2011, 10:12 PM
Good luck to Jose. It looks like he will have to beat out the returning starter who will also be a junior coming back-

Robertson,Ryan
6'3" 200 Junior
Played/Starts 11-9
Efficiency 130.7
Comp/Att/INT 201-321-8
Percent 62.6
Yards 2203
TD's 15
APG 200.3

Central Washington played Eastern Washington pretty respectibly last year...

Take a look at Central Washington's crazy schedule...

Western OR, Humbolt St, Dixie St and Simon Fraser...TWICE?!?

Guarenteed winning season

9/2/2011 Texas A&M-Kingsville Ellensburg, WA
9/8/2011 Humboldt State * Arcata, CA
9/17/2011 Western Oregon * Monmouth, OR
10/1/2011 Simon Fraser * Ellensburg, WA
10/8/2011 Western Oregon * Seattle, WA
10/15/2011 Humboldt State * Ellensburg, WA
10/22/2011 Dixie State * St. George, UT
10/29/2011 West Texas A&M Canyon, TX
11/5/2011 Simon Fraser * Burnaby, BC
11/12/2011 Dixie State * Ellensburg, WA

semobison
06-04-2011, 10:13 PM
You can not blame a kid for leaving so he could play somewhere else. Most likely he wasn't going to see the field next season! Jose wants to play....somewhere...good for him!

EndZoneQB
06-04-2011, 10:23 PM
I'm sure he just wants that chance to compete. He probably felt like that chance had been taken away from him here.

BisonNeil
06-05-2011, 12:17 AM
Well, I've said it before and I'll say these things again.

With Mohler, NDSU likely had the best three deep QB depth chart in FCS.

NDSU played three QBs last year, albeit Perez played very sparingly. But, I think given the same situation, with Mohler's proven ability and experience, he would have played more than Perez did last year as the #3.

I am still concerened about Jensen's durability. If he does go down, as he did a few times last year, a RFr in Thornton is the guy. If he struggles it is my guess they will just have to let him struggle because I doubt like hell that Perez would be asked to come in and provide a spark on offense, however, I think the coaches would not hesitate to have used Mohler is such a circumstance.

Bottom line for me, I really liked the Bison's depth at QB and RB until recent events. I am significantly less comfortable than all of you with the current situations at both positions.

But, I will learn to live with it :)

2910Bison
06-05-2011, 02:19 AM
BINGO BNeil--BINGO!!! Neg rep me, but true Bison do not quit--period, AGAIN!!

Tatanka
06-05-2011, 02:23 AM
Take a look at Central Washington's crazy schedule...

Western OR, Humbolt St, Dixie St and Simon Fraser...TWICE?!?

Guarenteed winning season

9/2/2011 Texas A&M-Kingsville Ellensburg, WA
9/8/2011 Humboldt State * Arcata, CA
9/17/2011 Western Oregon * Monmouth, OR
10/1/2011 Simon Fraser * Ellensburg, WA
10/8/2011 Western Oregon * Seattle, WA
10/15/2011 Humboldt State * Ellensburg, WA
10/22/2011 Dixie State * St. George, UT
10/29/2011 West Texas A&M Canyon, TX
11/5/2011 Simon Fraser * Burnaby, BC
11/12/2011 Dixie State * Ellensburg, WA

Kind of looks like UND's schedule. Pretty appropriate for a low-grade D-II.

MNLonghorn10
06-05-2011, 02:24 AM

NDSU played three QBs last year, albeit Perez played very sparingly. But, I think given the same situation, with Mohler's proven ability and experience, he would have played more than Perez did last year as the #3.

I am still concerened about Jensen's durability. If he does go down, as he did a few times last year, a RFr in Thornton is the guy. If he struggles it is my guess they will just have to let him struggle because I doubt like hell that Perez would be asked to come in and provide a spark on offense, however, I think the coaches would not hesitate to have used Mohler is such a circumstance.

Bottom line for me, I really liked the Bison's depth at QB and RB until recent events. I am significantly less comfortable than all of you with the current situations at both positions.

uhhh...lol. sorry, qb's was definitely a weak point last year, and all 3 qb's played in the missouri state game, and all 3 looked like shit.

not even close to having the best stable of qbs in fcs.

westnodak93bison
06-05-2011, 04:41 AM

We have two promising QBs coming in this summer. Wentz and Stanford. Both are smart so I see no problem with one of them stepping in as #3 as a true freshman.

2910Bison
06-05-2011, 05:18 AM
Then I hope one of them is named BENTRIM!! It doesn't, or rarely doesn't work that way. Ya, I know I have no credibility here but at least digest and think b/4 neg reppin me.

ndsubison1
06-05-2011, 06:07 AM

why is this not deleted yet?

semobison
06-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Sure, this wasnt the best thing for the team, but athletes go to a college where they get to PLAY! I dont know any players who come to a school to sit the bench. If they dont think they can play at NDSU, they end up at Mary or Crookston or UND!! Jose wants to PLAY, thats why he transfered! 2910, did you get to play, or were you happy riding the bench. This is not anything new! I would guess on average we lose one or two kids a year who transfer where they can PLAY!

tony
06-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Jose was a tough dude... he took some huge hits and always seemed to bounce up.

Good luck in Central Washington.

CAS4127
06-05-2011, 06:02 PM
'Tough' physically? Maybe. 'Mentally'? I say no. Leader? Again no. Leaders don't quit!! I would guess his 'teammates' are disappointed in him. I know I am. Plus, what sort of message does this send?? ''Oh, poor me. I don't get to start so I am taking my ball and going home.'' Well, cry me an effin river Jose, and don't let the door hit u in the ass as u are leaving

344Johnson
06-05-2011, 06:15 PM
'Tough' physically? Maybe. 'Mentally'? I say no. Leader? Again no. Leaders don't quit!! I would guess his 'teammates' are disappointed in him. I know I am. Plus, what sort of message does this send?? ''Oh, poor me. I don't get to start so I am taking my ball and going home.'' Well, cry me an effin river Jose, and don't let the door hit u in the ass as u are leaving

I'd be disappointed in him as a teammate and as a fan I am as well. But we can't rag on a college kid who will be a JR for transferring, he probably would have never touched anything other than a clipboard the last two seasons of his life.

aces1180
06-05-2011, 06:36 PM
I'd be disappointed in him as a teammate and as a fan I am as well. But we can't rag on a college kid who will be a JR for transferring, he probably would have never touched anything other than a clipboard the last two seasons of his life.

We played three QBs due to injury last year...The odds of him playing this coming season would have been good, IMO.

CAS4127
06-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Spot-on Aces. To win a championship everyone has and needs to play their role.

rutlandbison
06-05-2011, 07:20 PM
How do you tell these things by just watching a game?

Bisonguy
06-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Thanks for all you did at NDSU, Jose, and best wishes at CWU.

I don't understand the need for the Sour Grapes Whinery in this thread. In the "working" world, in which he'll be a a part of in a couple years, people are lauded for seeking employment opportunities in which they receive more responsibility (more playing time), more compensation (more scholarship dollars), or a better location (closer to family). Why is it any different because it's a sport?

North Side
06-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Later Jose! Have fun in Washington.

MN_BISON
06-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Thanks for all you did at NDSU, Jose, and best wishes at CWU.

I don't understand the need for the Sour Grapes Whinery in this thread. In the "working" world, in which he'll be a a part of in a couple years, people are lauded for seeking employment opportunities in which they receive more responsibility (more playing time), more compensation (more scholarship dollars), or a better location (closer to family). Why is it any different because it's a sport?

Kind of apples and oranges plus not all people are lauded when they leave their job. How about this, your wife leaves you for a guy who lives closer to her mom, makes more money than you and is hung like a porn star. Should we be happy for her? :D Plus I highly doubt Jose is getting more scholarship money from a program like CWU. It's his call but what he did does not come across as great leadership to me but it's his life and his decsion.

Bisonguy
06-05-2011, 08:15 PM
Kind of apples and oranges plus not all people are lauded when they leave their job. How about this, your wife leaves you for a guy who lives closer to her mom, makes more money than you and is hung like a porn star. Should we be happy for her? :D Plus I highly doubt Jose is getting more scholarship money from a program like CWU. It's his call but what he did does not come across as great leadership to me but it's his life and his decsion.

I'd say that parallel is getting more into the apples and bananas territory.;)

Would Bohl give out a full ride to a third string quarterback who was previously one or two on the depth chart, with six QB's on the roster?

CAS4127
06-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Yes Bohlbwould. Jose didnt get his scholly pulled as far as I know. Strong determination would have kept him here--we now know he didn't have that. I respect all opinions here. If they differ, so be it. BV would be boring if we all held the exact same opinions and thought!! Just sayin!!

ndsubison1
06-05-2011, 09:13 PM

dont hate the player hate the game!

99Bison
06-05-2011, 09:15 PM
FWIW, I concur CAS on this subject. :D

rockybison
06-05-2011, 10:37 PM
Who cares, he is gone. Let's see who steps up and cheer for them

rockybison
06-05-2011, 10:38 PM
and we get the scholly back, for free

silkamilkamonico
06-05-2011, 11:16 PM
For those of you bagging on Jose, or disagreeing with his decision, you must really hate the idea of ever getting an FBS transfer then.

tjbison
06-05-2011, 11:30 PM
Good Luck Jose!!

CAS4127
06-06-2011, 01:44 AM
@ Ming: I don't hate Jose, or anyone else for that matter. Just depressed a bit because he was part of a team that has REAL potential to make a deep run here for at least the next couple of years and we would be better with him on the team. I talked two of my classmates out of quitting, and you know what, we shed tears togetherin locker room in Florence. AND bothie them played and contributed in the NC game. That's where I am coming from my friend. EVERYBODY UP FOR THE KICK OFF ...............!!

perthbison
06-06-2011, 02:51 AM

some walk on who is bustin their ass to get better and see the field more will be happy to have that scholly.

X-Factor
06-06-2011, 03:57 AM

True, this is a blessing in disguise by the time next fall rolls around and Wentz and Stanford are joining the depth chart as redshirt freshman. WAYYYY too many QB's. Bohl knew there would be some shuffling anyways.

Twentysix
06-06-2011, 05:08 PM
True, this is a blessing in disguise by the time next fall rolls around and Wentz and Stanford are joining the depth chart as redshirt freshman. WAYYYY too many QB's. Bohl knew there would be some shuffling anyways.

Perez to the slot, mohler to Fullback. durr.

stevdock
06-07-2011, 02:38 AM
Perez to the slot, mohler to Fullback. durr.

I have no idea if you are being serious here or not, but moving Mohler to a fullback is a slap in the face to every single Bison player who has ever played fullback. Now if you wanted to move both to WR then fine. Perez to the slot will give a nice option for a WR reverse pass. Be interesting to see when it gets called.

Bison Dan
06-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Please close this thread. It's a done deal with Mohler.

Twentysix
06-07-2011, 02:21 PM
I have no idea if you are being serious here or not, but moving Mohler to a fullback is a slap in the face to every single Bison player who has ever played fullback. Now if you wanted to move both to WR then fine. Perez to the slot will give a nice option for a WR reverse pass. Be interesting to see when it gets called.

I guess you didn't watch or attend the illinois state game. He had the makings of a fullback :facepalm:.

Try 2:00 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4TjebbB3OE

Superfan
06-07-2011, 02:46 PM
@ Ming: I don't hate Jose, or anyone else for that matter. Just depressed a bit because he was part of a team that has REAL potential to make a deep run here for at least the next couple of years and we would be better with him on the team. I talked two of my classmates out of quitting, and you know what, we shed tears togetherin locker room in Florence. AND bothie them played and contributed in the NC game. That's where I am coming from my friend. EVERYBODY UP FOR THE KICK OFF ...............!!

Wow. That gave me chills.

bisonmike2
06-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Please close this thread. It's a done deal with Mohler.

agreed. he left. we moved on. end of story.

devin45k
06-10-2011, 03:56 PM
fine with me but I dont think he can be successful as a QB at any level

tjbison
09-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Anyone know if Jose has played for his new team?

roadwarrior
09-05-2011, 07:35 PM

He did not play. Central WA lost to Texas A&M Kingsville 21-10

ndsubison1
09-05-2011, 07:49 PM

no he did not. wasnt in the box score. they lost their opener 21-10 to a team we're familiar with texas a&m-kingsville

ndsubison1
09-05-2011, 07:54 PM
He did not play. Central WA lost to Texas A&M Kingsville 21-10

dangit road! haha

BisoninNWMN
09-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Mohler transfers to a D2 school and cannot become the #1 QB....interesting.

He would be #3 here if he stayed....next year he would have been #4 or 5....

344Johnson
09-05-2011, 10:06 PM

I hear Jamestown College could use a transfer..

tjbison
09-05-2011, 10:09 PM

I hear Jamestown College could use a transfer..

I didnt want this to turn into a bash fest, i was just interested if he got to play and how he did and didnt want to start a whole new thread. Afterall once a Bison Always a Bison, so lets not start anything....please..

:innocent:

4mcruenomore
09-05-2011, 10:15 PM
Mitch Brekke didn't start right away at Concordia-St Paul when he transferred either.

BisoninNWMN
09-05-2011, 10:29 PM
I didnt want this to turn into a bash fest, i was just interested if he got to play and how he did and didnt want to start a whole new thread. Afterall once a Bison Always a Bison, so lets not start anything....please..

:innocent:

Never intended to bash him....just interesting that he could not "unseat" a QB at a D2 school.

tjbison
09-05-2011, 11:24 PM
Never intended to bash him....just interesting that he could not "unseat" a QB at a D2 school.

I know, just know were it "goes" sometimes:blush:

devin45k
09-05-2011, 11:31 PM
Mitch Brekke didn't start right away at Concordia-St Paul when he transferred either.

He wasnt very good when he did start anyways

devin45k
09-05-2011, 11:33 PM

I honestly didnt think he would start as a qb at D2 level and if he does I dont think he will be very effective. He should try a different position.

JSUBison
09-05-2011, 11:48 PM
Jose gave us all quite a few highlites to enjoy when he was here: Kansas win, Youngstown winning pass, coming off the bench at MSU. I'll remember those moments.

WYOBISONMAN
09-06-2011, 04:24 AM
Jose gave us all quite a few highlites to enjoy when he was here: Kansas win, Youngstown winning pass, coming off the bench at MSU. I'll remember those moments.

I am with you on that. Jose had one hell of a lot of try in him. I hope he does well at Central Washington.

MNLonghorn10
09-06-2011, 04:28 AM

lets hold up crediting jose the reason why ndsu beat kansas.

the only time ndsu was even close to sniffing the end zone that game, he threw a pick