PDA

View Full Version : Whitney Carlson article

tony
05-12-2011, 02:01 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/319410/group/Sports/

It's hard to believe that she's down to her final meets for NDSU.

Like so many of NDSU's great track athletes in the past, she's also been awarded an NCAA post-graduate scholarship.

semobison
05-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Wow, thanks Tony, great article! One of the best athletes ever to put on a Bison uniform of any kind and a 4.0 student! That is impressive!

Castor Troy
05-12-2011, 04:42 PM
Wow, thanks Tony, great article! One of the best athletes ever to put on a Bison uniform of any kind and a 4.0 student! That is impressive!

I remember thinking that NDSU would never have a better multi-eventer than Lisa Ristau. She was barely human to me! But now she would be the fourth best. Amazing!

tony
05-12-2011, 04:47 PM
I remember thinking that NDSU would never have a better multi-eventer than Lisa Ristau. She was barely human to me! But now she would be the fourth best. Amazing!

I remember posting that we might never see another 800 meter runner like Kinsey Cole. But I post lots of really stupid stuff.

Castor Troy
05-12-2011, 05:37 PM
I remember posting that we might never see another 800 meter runner like Kinsey Cole. But I post lots of really stupid stuff.

Then we were dumb and dumber cuz' I thought the same thing.

What is true is that NDSU has never seen a better distance runner than Mike Slack and Nancy Dietman. Tom Leutz used to be on that list but his record is long gone.

Whitney has set a new standard. One which will not be broken soon.

BadlandsBison
05-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Wow, great story. I never knew she verballed to Nebraska first. Once a Bison, always a Bison+++++++

roadwarrior
05-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Whitney is the 43rd NDSU athlete that has received an NCAA post graduate scholarship.

tony
05-12-2011, 07:50 PM

Don't thank me, thank the Fargo Forum and Jeff Kolpack. :)

sambini
05-13-2011, 02:50 AM
Great job Whitney and have a great career in dentistry.

JackJD
05-13-2011, 03:21 AM
Then we were dumb and dumber cuz' I thought the same thing.

What is true is that NDSU has never seen a better distance runner than Mike Slack and Nancy Dietman. Tom Leutz used to be on that list but his record is long gone.

Whitney has set a new standard. One which will not be broken soon.

I was there when Slack went under 4:00 indoors at the BSA. I can tell you the music playing on the loudspeaker when he was warming up. That was the first sub-4 mile I personally watched...have seen several since then and I'm amazed every darned time.

Hammersmith
05-13-2011, 03:37 AM
Great job Whitney and have a great career in dentistry.

Great, now I've got songs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOtMizMQ6oM) from "Little Shop of Horrors" stuck in my head.

Seriously, I can't believe how fast her four years have flown by. Good luck in your future, Whitney, and thanks for being a Bison.

EastCoastBison
05-13-2011, 05:44 PM
Update:
In the heptathlon, senior Whitney Carlson sits in second place with 3,223 points. Southern Utah’s Shaye Maurer is in first with 3,258 points. Carlson got off to a strong start as she set a new school record in the 100 meter hurdles. She clocked in at 13.64 seconds to win the event, breaking her own record of 13.66 set in 2009. Carlson also finished first in the 200 meters in 24.09, which ranks fourth all-time at NDSU.

Link to the full results from day one of the meet can be found at http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=12036&SPID=703&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205150320

tony
05-13-2011, 05:59 PM
Update:

Link to the full results from day one of the meet can be found at http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=12036&SPID=703&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205150320

Wow, two personal bests and a school record out of four events? Heck, that high jump might be a personal best too!

Obviously, at the end of day one, she was well ahead of her Drake results. Having the Southern Utah athlete push her can only be good.

Bison05
05-13-2011, 09:37 PM
Whitney wins multi at Summit League... Hopefully more still to come. A one-woman wrecking crew on the track and a class act off the track. Hopefully more still to come from her in the conference meet and at Regionals and Nationals. And a ND kid too. Gotta love that!