PDA

View Full Version : DJ tabbed as one of the top 10 RB's in FCS

MN_BISON
05-10-2011, 06:38 PM
Read it here:
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?DB_OEM_ID=2400&c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/haley/index.htm

Missed an e on one, can a mod fix that for me.............:facepalm:

HandoEX
05-10-2011, 06:46 PM
I wonder if DJ will make the pre-season Walter Payton Award watch list? He has a great shot at winning the award, imo.

AjaxTheMighty
05-12-2011, 12:18 AM
I noticed that DJ was the only one mentioned as a possible NFL draft pick. That's cool. He has a shot at being the top dog in FCS! If our O-line improves and our passing game improves, we should be solidly in the mix for a NC!

westnodak93bison
05-12-2011, 02:46 AM
I wonder if DJ will make the pre-season Walter Payton Award watch list? He has a great shot at winning the award, imo.

I doubt it. He has the talent but he wont get enough carries imho. We will have a two headed monster for a running attack. We need him fresh for the playoffs. Team comes first around here.

EndZoneQB
05-12-2011, 02:55 AM
I doubt it. He has the talent but he wont get enough carries imho. We will have a two headed monster for a running attack. We need him fresh for the playoffs. Team comes first around here.

Maybe not as many carries, but I'm hoping we figure out a way to KEEP him on the field. He was a decent receiver early in his career, we need his playmaking ability on the field as much as possible.

silkamilkamonico
05-12-2011, 02:59 AM
DJ will plenty of touches this year, even with a RB committee approach. I wouldn't be surprised to see us average less than 10 passes a game this year.

344Johnson
05-12-2011, 03:25 AM

He has the ability to win it, I just don't think he'll get enough touches for it. I could be, and probably am wrong.

SDSUAlum08
05-12-2011, 04:02 AM
DJ will plenty of touches this year, even with a RB committee approach. I wouldn't be surprised to see us average less than 10 passes a game this year.

Really? Is that even possible?

NDSUstudent
05-12-2011, 04:40 AM

Agreed that was a pretty outlandish take, the fewest passes we attempted in any game last year was 16 and that was with Jose at QB. With Jensen at QB we always seemed to throw more, which is good for DJ since he is so dynamic as a receiver out of the backfield.

Gully
05-12-2011, 11:32 AM
Wow, if we don't average more than 10 passes per game we're either going to be really good......or REALLY bad.

Gully
05-12-2011, 11:33 AM
Wow, if we don't average more than 10 passes per game we're either going to be really good......or REALLY bad.

......or just average.:)

semobison
05-12-2011, 01:57 PM
We better average more than 10 passing attempts per game. We were dead last in just about every offensive catagory in the Valley last year! It has been proven that when you dare teams to stop the run in our conference, they do!We are going to be a running team, but sometimes you need to throw to set up the running game. If we can be a threat to pass, it will only help DJ and our other talented RB's!

silkamilkamonico
05-12-2011, 05:16 PM
I'm already at a point where I'm just going to go ahead and assume our passing game will be that bad until I see otherwise. I'm not going to argue with recent history.

On a bright side, I can see our defense and running game being so good this year that it isn't even going to matter, and the context of our games will be won by DJ and company.

Everybody in the country knew we were running the ball last year, and they still couldn't stop DJ.

bisonmike2
05-12-2011, 07:16 PM

Really? Are you really asking that question? We have Vigen calling the plays.
Anything is possible. And I don't mean that in a good way.

BisonNeil
05-13-2011, 06:25 PM
I'm already at a point where I'm just going to go ahead and assume our passing game will be that bad until I see otherwise. I'm not going to argue with recent history.

On a bright side, I can see our defense and running game being so good this year that it isn't even going to matter, and the context of our games will be won by DJ and company.

Gee, I remember many on this board saying exactly the same thing about this time of year before the 2008 season. Walker was gone, so was Mays, but the Bison had 18 returning starters after a 10-1 season. Some on this board questioned whether Mertens could pass effectively after the spring game and there was no concern because most believed that with Roehl and Paschall and the offensive line the Bison didn't need to pass the ball, they would simply jam it down everyone's blow hole.

Well, as we all know that didn't happen and a 6-5 season resulted. A successful team, even if it is a run first team, has got to effectively pass the ball in order to be productive offensively. If a team can't, then it is likely to lose a game 3-0 to the worst defensive team in the conference.

silkamilkamonico
05-13-2011, 08:06 PM
Gee, I remember many on this board saying exactly the same thing about this time of year before the 2008 season. Walker was gone, so was Mays, but the Bison had 18 returning starters after a 10-1 season. Some on this board questioned whether Mertens could pass effectively after the spring game and there was no concern because most believed that with Roehl and Paschall and the offensive line the Bison didn't need to pass the ball, they would simply jam it down everyone's blow hole.

Well, as we all know that didn't happen and a 6-5 season resulted. A successful team, even if it is a run first team, has got to effectively pass the ball in order to be productive offensively. If a team can't, then it is likely to lose a game 3-0 to the worst defensive team in the conference.

I would hardly call our passing game "effective" last year. Yet 2 playoff wins can certainly be considered a success, especially in the state our program has been in the last 20 years.

Sometimes you just have to find a way to make it with what you have and who you are.

semobison
05-13-2011, 10:27 PM
We were very lucky to even make the playoffs last year! We were the last team picked! Once we got in we made the best of it! 4-4 in the Valley isnt a successful year! If we are not able to be a threat to throw the football and have some balance on offense we could end up in the middle of the pack again! If we can throw on occasion, be a threat to go downfield, we could be in the hunt to win it all!

HerdBot
05-15-2011, 01:12 AM

+++
Great post. I couldn't have said it better myself.