PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating at the Gopher Game

go_bison
05-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Anyone know the tailgating situation (if there is one) at TCF Bank Stadium? I heard a rumor that they have no tailgating.... which is insane. I vaguely remember tailgating at the Pre-Target Field location in '06. Good Times! I am hoping we can replicate something this time around.

roadwarrior
05-09-2011, 02:57 PM
They have tailgating at TCF Stadium, but I am almost certain that it is all reserved spots and all are taken by Gopher season ticket holders.

Tailgating is also available at the state fairgrounds with shuttles running to the stadium. The NDSU Alumni Association is going to sponsor the Bison tailgate party at the fairgrounds.

BisonPride72
05-09-2011, 04:24 PM
http://www.ndsualumni.com/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=1109

•Saturday, September 24 – Bison Tailgate Party at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds.

◦Bring your vehicle, food and beverages.
◦Buses and RVs welcome.
◦Shuttles run from the fairgrounds to TCF Stadium on private game day roads and will bring you back to the fairgrounds post game.
◦Tailgating begins 6 hours before kick-off, but not before 7 a.m. and will end 4 hours after game concludes or midnight, whichever comes first.
◦No vehicle? Take shuttle from TCF Stadium and join the Tailgate Party.

They have tailgating at TCF Stadium, but I am almost certain that it is all reserved spots and all are taken by Gopher season ticket holders.

Tailgating is also available at the state fairgrounds with shuttles running to the stadium. The NDSU Alumni Association is going to sponsor the Bison tailgate party at the fairgrounds.

MNLonghorn10
05-09-2011, 06:17 PM
this sucks more than kansas's tailgate.

i said this 4 probably 6 times now...just schedule away games with iowa state from here on out.

-conveniently close to fargo

-tailgating is awesome, mostly nice people

-they suck so the bison have a chance

SDbison
05-09-2011, 06:26 PM

i said this 4 probably 6 times now...just schedule away games with iowa state from here on out.

Well, we do have the return trip to Iowa State in 2014.
Really look forward to the game against Wisconsin in 2013.

stevdock
05-09-2011, 08:46 PM

God forbid we actually go to cheer on our football team :facepalm2: Nothing against tailgating but it's not the reason I go to the game.

MNLonghorn10
05-09-2011, 09:20 PM
God forbid we actually go to cheer on our football team :facepalm2: Nothing against tailgating but it's not the reason I go to the game.

what are you talking about?

SDbison
05-09-2011, 09:25 PM
I would be willing to bet that tailgaters are as good if not better at cheering for the team than those who don't tailgate. Go ahead and avoid tailgating if you don't like it. From what I can tell everyone that goes to tailgating has a great time.

1 Huge Bison Fan On 9/24!
05-09-2011, 09:31 PM
If you scroll down to the bottom of this list, there are many tailgate lot spots availible for sale:

http://www.gopherfootballtickets.com/tickets/event/1526304

Lot 37 usually has the most visitors and it right across the street from the dump!

CAS4127
05-09-2011, 09:34 PM
If you scroll down to the bottom of this list, there are many tailgate lot spots availible for sale:

Lot 37 usually has the most visitors and it right across the street from the dump!

TCF Stadium = dump???!!!!:confused:

stevdock
05-09-2011, 11:51 PM
what are you talking about?

Well you made it sound like one wanted one of two things. Either you wanted an easy tailgating experience as close to the stadium as possible with all lots as close as possible also. I get that would make it more interesting for those that tailgate. If that's the case, fine I understand that, but gameday to some of the rest of us is more that.

Now if you want a great tailgating spot let's go play Arizona around the end of October. They have fields surrounding the stadium just for tailgating and it's about a 2 minute walk into the stadium.

Second would be you want an easy win. Well if that's the case let's just stay home and play Moorhead State.

Sorry I know this is generalizing, but I get sick and tired of every holiday, get together or even weekend being a booze fest for some people. This just ended an interesting debate that we had a school today.

EndZoneQB
05-10-2011, 12:00 AM
Well you made it sound like one wanted one of two things. Either you wanted an easy tailgating experience as close to the stadium as possible with all lots as close as possible also. I get that would make it more interesting for those that tailgate. If that's the case, fine I understand that, but gameday to some of the rest of us is more that.

Now if you want a great tailgating spot let's go play Arizona around the end of October. They have fields surrounding the stadium just for tailgating and it's about a 2 minute walk into the stadium.

Second would be you want an easy win. Well if that's the case let's just stay home and play Moorhead State.

Sorry I know this is generalizing, but I get sick and tired of every holiday, get together or even weekend being a booze fest for some people. This just ended an interesting debate that we had a school today.

He didn't even say anything about drinking? He merely mentioned tailgating. Some of use enjoy college football because the atmosphere is soooo much better. Better tailgating generally makes a better atmosphere. For tailgating, it's about the meeting of people with similar interests. If you like to drink, fine, if you don't, thats your choice. Speaking of generalizing, I find that people that tailgate are generally more involved fans.

mgbison
05-10-2011, 01:19 AM
The majority of people that tailgate don't get ridiculously hammered. I don't know if you tailgate at ndsu games, but it's a great atmosphere. Whether you drink or not its a good time.

aces1180
05-10-2011, 01:22 AM
I like playing catch with a football at tailgating...Plus, my old man loves to grill, so we get all kinds of food, which is awesome. A few beers don't hurt either, but its a great time.

It's nice not having to walk (or ride a bus in this case) a long ways before the game.

GOB1SON
05-10-2011, 01:47 AM
I was looking up tailgating policies, so here is UM.

http://www.policy.umn.edu/prod/groups/president/@pub/@policy/@op/documents/policy/tailgating_appa.pdf

TransAmBison
05-10-2011, 05:43 PM

You really should tailgate before you paint your picture of how it is. I'm willing to bet you would come away from the experience with a completely different viewpoint.

CAS4127
05-10-2011, 05:57 PM

Yep, that's all tailgating is--a booze fest. A rare mention of the game, football strategy, discussion of players, discussion of opponent, team weaknesses and strengths, etc--you just don't get much of that stuff during tailgating---you just drink to oblivion!!!! Right on--Rainforest it is!

Oh, and did I mention you actually get to meet some pretty damn decent and intelligent people---that to is rare of course!!!

Bison bison
05-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Sorry I know this is generalizing, but I get sick and tired of every holiday, get together or even weekend being a booze fest for some people.

Well, I guess that means we can't be friends.

MNLonghorn10
05-10-2011, 06:36 PM
is stevedock the guy who had a ez bomb after we met him in the rain forest infront of his kids....and they tried eating the rummy bears? haha

TransAmBison
05-10-2011, 06:37 PM
is stevedock the guy who had a ez bomb after we met him in the rain forest infront of his kids....and they tried eating the rummy bears? haha
That was THESocalledfan...

THEsocalledfan
05-10-2011, 07:26 PM
That was THESocalledfan...

I typically do not do shots in front of my kids, but it is possible I did it when they were occupied with other activities. I did eat gummies in front of them and so did my brother.

Now to more important matters; does the fairgrounds allow kegs? If so, I think one (or two?) will be traveling from Sioux Falls.

(By the way, speaking as someone knowledgable about the U of M, the fairgrounds bus route is for buses only and will be very fast getting your "to and fro." Don't panic if you look at a map......)

CHADSTAUS
05-11-2011, 03:44 AM

The spots close to TCF are reserved for season ticket holders or if you purchase a suite or high dollar tickets of some kind. I put my name on a list for a suite in December, and as of last week there are none available. The guy at the stadium that I have been in contact with said that they have had HUGE demand/interest in tickets for the game. Be advised. Good luck!

1 Huge Bison Fan On 9/24!
05-11-2011, 12:34 PM
The spots close to TCF are reserved for season ticket holders or if you purchase a suite or high dollar tickets of some kind. I put my name on a list for a suite in December, and as of last week there are none available. The guy at the stadium that I have been in contact with said that they have had HUGE demand/interest in tickets for the game. Be advised. Good luck!
Technically untrue! Scroll to the bottom of this link and you will find all kinds of passes for tailgate lots very near the stadium:

Just bought 2 in Lot 37 for $40 each!!

MN_BISON
05-11-2011, 03:11 PM
We plan on hitting the state fair tailgate lot as of now, but just want to toss out a couple of questions for those of you in the know. Can you park a bus in lot 37 if you have enough parking passes? Is the state fair tailgating lot normally just for visiting fans or do Gopher fans go there too? If one were to buy say 5 passes in lot 37, are they numbered like the west lot at the Fargodome or is it first come first serve?

THEsocalledfan
05-12-2011, 08:35 PM
Found this:

http://www.tailgatewiki.com/view.cfm/NCAA%20Football/Minnesota

If accurate, it appears kegs are not allowed.......:(

4mcruenomore
05-13-2011, 03:28 AM
I still have the 2 spots for tailgate, hopefully we can make something happen there.

56BISON73
05-13-2011, 03:39 AM
We plan on hitting the state fair tailgate lot as of now, but just want to toss out a couple of questions for those of you in the know. Can you park a bus in lot 37 if you have enough parking passes? Is the state fair tailgating lot normally just for visiting fans or do Gopher fans go there too? If one were to buy say 5 passes in lot 37, are they numbered like the west lot at the Fargodome or is it first come first serve?

Fairgrounds looks like the place to go.

CHADSTAUS
05-13-2011, 06:00 PM
Fairgrounds it is!