PDA

View Full Version : Morgan Milbrath and Brecca Wahlund

tony
05-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Morgan Milbraith, the HS sophomore from Minot who obviously NDSU and every decent track program in the US is going to be recruiting, put in a sub 54-second 400 at Howard Wood. That's the 2nd best time in the nation so far (the best time is .07 seconds faster.)

Brecca Wahlund, a senior also from Minot, won the 1600 and 3200. I don't think she's signed a letter of intent anywhere.

BTW, Kari Heck from Sioux Falls Washington is a junior and is pretty fast too... maybe NDSU can steal one away from USD.

IzzyFlexion
05-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Check out this comparison.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showpost.php?p=497643&postcount=127

Again, I have nothing but good wishes for Laura, but she's certainly not shaving any time off of her high school PRs.

tony
05-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Check out this comparison.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showpost.php?p=497643&postcount=127

Again, I have nothing but good wishes for Laura, but she's certainly not shaving any time off of her high school PRs.

Waaaaaay early in the season to worry about that. I bet the Ducks don't want Roesler peaking yet. Roesler will probably have another stellar season. Milbrath is more of an unknown but, omigosh, the potential there is amazing. She's tall, very fast, but is very young.

Kind of amazing that North Dakota continues to produce such stellar runners though.

MinotBison
05-08-2011, 09:00 PM
Morgan Milbraith, the HS sophomore from Minot who obviously NDSU and every decent track program in the US is going to be recruiting, put in a sub 54-second 400 at Howard Wood. That's the 2nd best time in the nation so far (the best time is .07 seconds faster.)

Brecca Wahlund, a senior also from Minot, won the 1600 and 3200. I don't think she's signed a letter of intent anywhere.

BTW, Kari Heck from Sioux Falls Washington is a junior and is pretty fast too... maybe NDSU can steal one away from USD.

Milbrath and Wahlund would both look very good in a green and gold track outfit. The upside on these two is unlimited, I would think.

MinotBison
05-08-2011, 09:04 PM
This is a video of Milbrath running the 400 at the Howard Wood relays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xnn-SpMJFU

onbison09
05-09-2011, 03:16 AM
Waaaaaay early in the season to worry about that. I bet the Ducks don't want Roesler peaking yet. Roesler will probably have another stellar season. Milbrath is more of an unknown but, omigosh, the potential there is amazing. She's tall, very fast, but is very young.

Kind of amazing that North Dakota continues to produce such stellar runners though.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_P1YChrwWvOs/TQtUimlMvGI/AAAAAAAADJ4/G0oFnR0uQ3s/s1600/chris-hansen.jpg

westnodak93bison
06-27-2011, 03:41 AM
Anybody know why Milbrath never ran in the US Juniors?

Castor Troy
06-27-2011, 06:29 PM
Anybody know why Milbrath never ran in the US Juniors?

I am sure it was just a personal decision.

CAS4127
06-27-2011, 06:41 PM
I am sure it was just a personal decision.

I heard someting about a flood going on in Minot/surrounding area--NO?!!

MinotBison
01-23-2012, 05:08 AM
Is there anyone out there who has a videotape of the 400 meter final from the 2010 state track meet that featured Laura Roesler and Morgan Milbrath? It was described as one of the most exciting races in state meet history, and I find it hard to believe that nobody has a tape of it. Anyone?

Castor Troy
01-24-2012, 12:50 AM
I can ask Lynn Roesler, Laura's dad the next time I see him. Maybe he recorded it or someone he knows did.

Buffalo.Rider
04-20-2012, 04:27 AM
On the following about Laura Roesler:
"Again, I have nothing but good wishes for Laura, but she's certainly not shaving any time off of her high school PRs."

At the NCAA national meet last year, she ran a 51.45 split in the 4 x 400 meter relay - the relay team set an Oregon school record in one of the best track universities in teh United States.

Buffalo.Rider
04-20-2012, 04:48 AM
Milbrath's high school 400 meter record at Howard Wood (53.98) is better than the university record (54.08),
and Roesler's high school 800 meter record (2:05 and change) is better than the university record (2:07 and change).

In addition, Milbrath was wearing leg-length tights, which slow runners down a bit. Milbrath is a tall, very impressive to watch, very smooth, great stride and form.

Awfully darn impressive for a couple of high school runners.

IzzyFlexion
04-20-2012, 01:08 PM
On the following about Laura Roesler:
"Again, I have nothing but good wishes for Laura, but she's certainly not shaving any time off of her high school PRs."

At the NCAA national meet last year, she ran a 51.45 split in the 4 x 400 meter relay - the relay team set an Oregon school record in one of the best track universities in teh United States.

What is her PR at Oregon in the open 400?