PDA

View Full Version : Are We Scheduled To Play/Beat The goofers After This Year?

1 Huge Bison Fan On 9/24!
05-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Or will this be the last big hurrah for a while?

mnriverbison
05-05-2011, 01:44 PM
Lakespantherhawk, don't you think that we have enough Gopher threads yet?

Also-Have you ever commented on any other topic here?

HerdBot
05-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Or will this be the last big hurrah for a while?

I don't know Lakes but I hope we get them again!

onbison09
05-05-2011, 02:46 PM
I thought Lakes knew the master schedule :D

344Johnson
05-05-2011, 06:36 PM
I thought Lakes knew the master schedule :D

my thoughts exactly

EndZoneQB
05-05-2011, 08:59 PM
This isn't Lakes.

lakespanther
05-06-2011, 03:44 PM
It's not me either.

4mcruenomore
05-06-2011, 03:49 PM
DaveK, quit making so many new threads

mnriverbison
05-06-2011, 03:57 PM
This isn't Lakes.

So it is a UNI fan referring to us as us?

I guess this is what happens when they stop making star wars movies, the fans find new obsessions.

OnTheFifty
05-06-2011, 07:52 PM
So it is a UNI fan referring to us as us?

I guess this is what happens when they stop making star wars movies, the fans find new obsessions.

Here is a post I found while doing a quick search on "1 Huge Bison Fan on 9/24"...AKA "PantherHawk".

It is from the Jacks board, andn unfortunately the link only has one picture of him. It is the saxaphone one with the framed Dallas Clark picture. I am sure if a person digged a little more the pictures of him with the light sabers in his parents basement could be found.

Anyways:

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?t=9023

kurosawa
05-11-2011, 02:32 PM
To return to the OP's question, not in the foreseeable future.

FBS schools are limited to playing one FCS team per year. Minnesota has the following FCS games scheduled after this coming season:

2012--New Hampshire
2013--Western Illinois
2014--Eastern Illinois
2015--South Dakota State
2016--Indiana State

The Gophers have one to three non-conference games scheduled each year from 2017 through 2021. All are against FBS programs so it's conceivable that NDSU might land on one of those schedules. However, the Big Ten is considering moving to a nine-game conference schedule sometime after 2015, in which case there would be one fewer non-conference game for each school--three instead of four. This fall's game might be the swan song for the NDSU-Minnesota rivalry.

aces1180
05-11-2011, 02:37 PM

FBS schools are limited to playing one FCS team per year. Minnesota has the following FCS games scheduled after this coming season:

2012--New Hampshire
2013--Western Illinois
2014--Eastern Illinois
2015--South Dakota State
2016--Indiana State

The Gophers have one to three non-conference games scheduled each year from 2017 through 2021. All are against FBS programs so it's conceivable that NDSU might land on one of those schedules.

One would think they would prefer to schedule UNI, USD, NDSU and SDSU once every four years...Not to knock those other schools, but the interest plus visitor attendance will be pretty low, no?

Bison Dan
05-11-2011, 02:44 PM

2012--New Hampshire
2013--Western Illinois
2014--Eastern Illinois
2015--South Dakota State
2016--Indiana State

The Gophers have one to three non-conference games scheduled each year from 2017 through 2021. All are against FBS programs so it's conceivable that NDSU might land on one of those schedules. However, the Big Ten is considering moving to a nine-game conference schedule sometime after 2015, in which case there would be one fewer non-conference game for each school--three instead of four. This fall's game might be the swan song for the NDSU-Minnesota rivalry.

I don't think they can handle the embarassment anymore. With our fan following and our winning. Too much for a BIG 10 team to take.

kurosawa
05-11-2011, 04:03 PM
I think that's it, Bison Dan. NDSU is too much of a powerhouse to risk playing. Must be why Iowa doesn't want to play the Bison either.

UNI is pretty much locked in to Iowa and Iowa State as its FBS opponents. I know it's declined invitations to play Minnesota and Wisconsin, and perhaps others as well.

aces1180
05-11-2011, 05:14 PM
I think that's it, Bison Dan. NDSU is too much of a powerhouse to risk playing. Must be why Iowa doesn't want to play the Bison either.

UNI is pretty much locked in to Iowa and Iowa State as its FBS opponents. I know it's declined invitations to play Minnesota and Wisconsin, and perhaps others as well.

Good point about UNI...I didn't think of that.

90BISON
05-11-2011, 05:31 PM

2012--New Hampshire
2013--Western Illinois
2014--Eastern Illinois
2015--South Dakota State
2016--Indiana State

The only one of those future games that will have any "draw" at all, will be the SDSU game...... :paperbag:

IzzyFlexion
05-11-2011, 11:44 PM
One would think they would prefer to schedule UNI, USD, NDSU and SDSU once every four years...Not to knock those other schools, but the interest plus visitor attendance will be pretty low, no?

I think it might be a trial and error philosophy.
They're likely going through the FCS lists looking for a team that they can handle.

EDIT: sorry Dan. Pretty much what you were getting at. I hadn't read that far down yet.

Kermit
10-16-2012, 09:19 PM
The Gophers have scheduled ANOTHER game with South Dakota State for 2019. Interestingly, the Jacks have never beaten Minnesota. Discuss.
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/377476/

aces1180
10-16-2012, 09:23 PM
The Gophers have scheduled ANOTHER game with South Dakota State for 2019. Interestingly, the Jacks have never beaten Minnesota. Discuss.
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/377476/

Time to get on the schedule for 2017 or 2018...

SDbison
10-16-2012, 10:03 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/377476/ To better put it the Jacks have never beaten an FBS team.

56BISON73
10-17-2012, 03:50 AM

We play Iowa in 2016.

THEsocalledfan
10-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Can't believe this thread lasted 3 pages. The simple question is what does U of M have to gain by playing NDSU again? Absolutely nothing, so it won't happen. Those games are supposed to be gimmies......

Hammerhead
10-17-2012, 12:48 PM
So we're pretty much limited to a top-25 team if FBS schools only want gimmies? :)

EndZoneQB
10-17-2012, 01:09 PM
Can't believe this thread lasted 3 pages. The simple question is what does U of M have to gain by playing NDSU again? Absolutely nothing, so it won't happen. Those games are supposed to be gimmies......

A premium game? Exactly.

tony
10-17-2012, 01:15 PM

Well, they're scheduling Western Illinois which is like playing NDSU except with a much smaller, bored crowd.

IzzyFlexion
10-17-2012, 01:34 PM
This whole multi-chapter story is just so damn comical.

JOEL MATURI chatting with his buddies at the local watering hole after the 3 NDSU/MINN games:

2006: Whew! Dodged a bullet there. Great game......boy we sure had a lot of those fargo folks down here stuffing dollar bills into the TC economy. Can't wait for next year.

2007: SHIT! What the hell happened? Oh well, the little men in green are pretty good and we have our worst team in over 6 centuries. Boy, we got even more of them Fargo people down here this time. Bet the restaurants and bars did great. Can't wait to schedule the revenge game against those idiots.

2011: OK, GOD DAMMIT!! That's enough of this F*CKING SH!T. I'm never scheduling these a-holes again!! Where are they getting these kids? It's almost like they're cheating or something. Why are there so many stud Minnesotans on their roster. I'll tell ya this......we're never playing those dipshits again! Get me Winona State on the phone!

THEsocalledfan
10-17-2012, 01:51 PM
Well, they're scheduling Western Illinois which is like playing NDSU except with a much smaller, bored crowd.

Not sure if you missed my point, but why would they want to play a team who can beat them? Seems pretty simple to me. These games are supposed to be wins toward bowl eligibility, and doubt finances or playing a good team would drive this decision.

BlueBisonRock
10-17-2012, 02:51 PM
Not sure if you missed my point, but why would they want to play a team who can beat them? Seems pretty simple to me. These games are supposed to be wins toward bowl eligibility, and doubt finances or playing a good team would drive this decision.

They play MAC teams on a regular basis. Although this year's OOC games went better than the last four.

THEsocalledfan
10-17-2012, 03:24 PM
They play MAC teams on a regular basis. Although this year's OOC games went better than the last four.

Not sure how this contradicts my statement. Which is a more likely win....a MAC game or NDSU? Also, the better comparison is the New Hamshire game since FCS.