99Bison
05-05-2011, 03:16 AM
Post Spring Game 2011 Two-deep
http://www.bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=639

rutlandbison
05-05-2011, 03:33 AM
Post Spring Game 2011 Two-deep
http://www.bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=639
Reed Duchserer starting wideout? Nice. (if im reading it correctly?)

Kyle Emmanuel opposite Boyer

JSUBison
05-05-2011, 03:44 AM
I think Sigers needs to be the punt returner. He can share kickoffs with Smith.

DjKyRo
05-05-2011, 03:52 AM
Emmanuel gets the nod!! Very nice.Good for Chad Willson to earn that other LB spot.

KilldeerBison
05-05-2011, 03:54 AM

Kyle did a really good job at the spring game!

Siouxfallsbison
05-05-2011, 03:57 AM
[QUOTE=rutlandbison;497193]Reed Duchserer starting wideout? Nice. (if im reading it correctly?)

Wow...after this spring I would have had the Z wideouts switched around. Maybe its a seniority thing and it will be changed by next fall:hide:

99Bison
05-05-2011, 04:04 AM
Yes, it appears to me that some of these are definitely a seniority thing. For example, WR's didn't have good spring game so that probably didn't force the issue at that spot, surprised Don Carter on in 2-deep for lb's.

I am sure Sigers isn't on there since he wasn't at spring practice, that will change in the fall for the returner positions assuming he gets everything in order that held him out of spring.

Basically, unless there was a huge impression in spring camp, seniority sticks, until fall camp plays out... Eg. Emmanuel is about the only big impression from the spring.

ndsubison1
05-05-2011, 07:53 AM
nothing personal to him but i cant imagine duchscher starting opposite of holloway in september. i think it will be gebhart or vraa. when sigers gets back there's no doubt he will get his fair share of carries and continue kick return duties with smith

Bison"FANatic"
05-05-2011, 11:36 AM
nothing personal to him but i cant imagine duchscher starting opposite of holloway in september. i think it will be gebhart or vraa. when sigers gets back there's no doubt he will get his fair share of carries and continue kick return duties with smith

I agree with this. I just don't see how that isn't Trevors spot.

Bison Dan
05-05-2011, 12:11 PM

Duchserer had a terrible spring game - I can think of at least 2 dropped passes.

onbison09
05-05-2011, 12:22 PM
The Becks absolutely killed the Rugby Panthers in baseball.

westnodak93bison
05-05-2011, 01:05 PM
IMHO, depth charts don't mean that much when you have depth. The defense will be rotating in and out.

NDSU_grad
05-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Travis Beck backing up Jemison is the biggest surprise to me. No Don Carter or Carleton Littlejohn on the two-deep is also surprising.

aces1180
05-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Duchserer had a terrible spring game - I can think of at least 2 dropped passes.

Agreed...It was frustrating to watch.

mnriverbison
05-05-2011, 01:46 PM
Agreed...It was frustrating to watch.

Cant get too wrapped up in the spring game or spring depth chart, but would have been nice to see a competent passing game once ever.

HerdBot
05-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Interesting... there has to be some validity to this because you see quite a few younger guys grab the top spot. There are obviously more concerns on offense. No mention of Ryan Smith but I don't think they have a depth chart for the slot receiver?

Suprises
Tyler Gimmestad starting at RG
Joe Lund retaining his starting sport at center with Hinz backing him up
Reed Dushscher starting over Gebhart
Veldman still not starting

The only BIG suprise on defense is Jirik being moved to the LE spot and backing up Boyer. He was a beast coming in to rush the passer at the RE spot but it probably shows just how much they like the potential of Emmanual

Dabison
05-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Some spots on this depth chart could be summer motivation for some who may not be in #1 or even on the 2 deep. We'll see how much this will change after the first scrimmage this fall.

Good to see quite a few ND's on the 2 deep as well.

bisontwice
05-05-2011, 02:40 PM
Travis Beck backing up Jemison is the biggest surprise to me. No Don Carter or Carleton Littlejohn on the two-deep is also surprising.

Three ND kids on the 2 deep at LB-Jemison, Hushka and Beck, gotta like the ND kids. No surprise to me as Beck looked solid with the #1 defense and Hushka had 9 tackles with #1 defense vs #1 offense in a half of play.

aces1180
05-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Cant get too wrapped up in the spring game or spring depth chart, but would have been nice to see a competent passing game once ever.

Oh, I am not wrapped in the spring game at all...Just an observation and it was frustrating see him drop some easy passes.

Also, I don't worry about the offense because of this exhibition either...It will be fine.

onbison09
05-05-2011, 02:43 PM
I'm a homer but Dushscher is probably one of our best run blocking wide receivers. Just something I've heard Bohl comment on.

Greenie
05-05-2011, 04:59 PM

He was terrible in that game -- I would put about 5 WR ahead of him

BadlandsBison
05-05-2011, 05:59 PM
He was terrible in that game -- I would put about 5 WR ahead of him

I think he had a broken wrist this spring. May have even been wearing a playing cast at the game. My guess we won't know the starting receivers until fall anyways.

mnriverbison
05-05-2011, 08:35 PM
I think he had a broken wrist this spring. May have even been wearing a playing cast at the game. My guess we won't know the starting receivers until fall anyways.

God I'd love to see a couple of guys step it up this year. Finding the next Walker gets a lot easier with competent WR play and a solid running game.