PDA

View Full Version : Comments about Showcase

SDbison
04-30-2011, 03:35 AM
So who was there? Any comments? Turnout good? How did silent auction do? Any noteworthy comments from coaches?

EndZoneQB
04-30-2011, 04:59 AM
Yeah, what did some of the items go for?

MNLonghorn10
04-30-2011, 05:11 AM
most curious to hear what the signed beer bong by lakes bison went for

EndZoneQB
04-30-2011, 05:16 AM
If someone on Bisonville bought that RMU ball, PM me! :)

NDSUFan_Sav
04-30-2011, 05:59 AM
So who was there? Any comments? Turnout good? How did silent auction do? Any noteworthy comments from coaches?

I thought there was a bigger turnout last year. Players parents were there, few former players, not as many as last year. Not to iomany people that I know from here were there.

I'm not sure how auctions went in the past but the few game balls from KU, MT ST RMU games went for 250-300+ I think Gratzek's dad won the MT ST and KU one....EWU someone put a $100 (minimum) bid on it in the last couple minutes. Other then that didn't pay to much attention to it.

Our wrestling coach was funny...and seems like they have a lot of tough competition coming up in the next few years home and home with gophers and some pac-10 schools (sounds tough to me but I don't follow wrestling at all)

Saul talked about our recruits coming in, the players we have now on how athletic we're getting and getting guys towards the top of our recruiting list. Really wants that arena built ASAP he wants it for the players and fans, says how we all deserve it and once we get it we will have the best facilities in the conference. O

Bohl asked for a raise :D but really said how he's grateful to be apart of this community and how we support all the sports very well. Talked about how young this team is and the expectations are always high at NDSU and he is very excited about the product we have on the field this coming year.

SDbison
04-30-2011, 10:21 AM
I thought there was a bigger turnout last year. Players parents were there, few former players, not as many as last year. Not to iomany people that I know from here were there.

I'm not sure how auctions went in the past but the few game balls from KU, MT ST RMU games went for 250-300+ I think Gratzek's dad won the MT ST and KU one....EWU someone put a $100 (minimum) bid on it in the last couple minutes. Other then that didn't pay to much attention to it.

Our wrestling coach was funny...and seems like they have a lot of tough competition coming up in the next few years home and home with gophers and some pac-10 schools (sounds tough to me but I don't follow wrestling at all)

Saul talked about our recruits coming in, the players we have now on how athletic we're getting and getting guys towards the top of our recruiting list. Really wants that arena built ASAP he wants it for the players and fans, says how we all deserve it and once we get it we will have the best facilities in the conference. O

Bohl asked for a raise :D but really said how he's grateful to be apart of this community and how we support all the sports very well. Talked about how young this team is and the expectations are always high at NDSU and he is very excited about the product we have on the field this coming year.
Thanks for the summary Sav.

Gully
04-30-2011, 11:01 AM
Sav nailed it. It was full. A bit late arriving crowd..I suppose some were coming from work. They actually had some tables set up in the entry because the main room was full.

Bohl did a great job during his talk and it was interesting to hear more about some of the non-headline programs. Sounds like we have one heckuva women's golfer.

Not much about the BSA except of course they're working very hard on it. Sorry SD, no news on that front.

Gene talked about the new media development type guy that's been making those cool videos. If he has anything to do with it, I'm expecting some better use of the videoboards this fall.

It was weird sitting next to Herd Mentality without him yelling.

roadwarrior
04-30-2011, 01:32 PM
Casey does a great job making those videos. They could be much longer though.

Last year there was a band that pretty much ended the party when they started playing. This year no band.

I thought there were more people than last year, but not very many Bisonvillers were there.

Gratzek's dad won the bid on the KU, MSU and RM game balls. There wasn't going to be anyone that stood in his way.

The beer was good and the food was good. Now for the spring game!

TransAmBison
04-30-2011, 01:34 PM
Sav nailed it. It was full. A bit late arriving crowd..I suppose some were coming from work. They actually had some tables set up in the entry because the main room was full.

Bohl did a great job during his talk and it was interesting to hear more about some of the non-headline programs. Sounds like we have one heckuva women's golfer.

Not much about the BSA except of course they're working very hard on it. Sorry SD, no news on that front.

Gene talked about the new media development type guy that's been making those cool videos. If he has anything to do with it, I'm expecting some better use of the videoboards this fall.

It was weird sitting next to Herd Mentality without him yelling.
Good stuff. Glad to hear about the videoboards.

EndZoneQB
04-30-2011, 01:44 PM
Casey does a great job making those videos. They could be much longer though.

Last year there was a band that pretty much ended the party when they started playing. This year no band.

I thought there were more people than last year, but not very many Bisonvillers were there.

Gratzek's dad won the bid on the KU, MSU and RM game balls. There wasn't going to be anyone that stood in his way.

The beer was good and the food was good. Now for the spring game!

Oh, he won the RMU ball too? Ok, I can let that go then :). I was ready to spend about $400 on it but figured it would go higher than that.

HandoEX
04-30-2011, 02:53 PM
Some items went for big chunks of change, which was awesome. Bucky was hilarious, my God that guy is funny. I won a sweet TM polo on a drawing. It was a good time and we'll definately go again next year.

onbison09
04-30-2011, 04:30 PM
Did Bucky say anything about his plan for retirement or anything? Probably not knowing him. But damn he's funny.

imabison
04-30-2011, 04:50 PM
Did Bucky say anything about his plan for retirement or anything? Probably not knowing him. But damn he's funny.

Bucky retire, with his announcement of Home and Home matches that are finally falling into place, he may be more excited about coaching now than he has been since the transition started.

KC Bison
04-30-2011, 04:51 PM
I remember Bucky being funny back in the early 80's. He always was hilarious at team maker meetings. The State extension agents use to have a stag night where someone funny would come in and tell off-color jokes. The story was that Bucky was invited to speak one year but got uninvited in next year as he got too nasty for them.

NDSUFan_Sav
05-01-2011, 06:57 AM
Some items went for big chunks of change, which was awesome. Bucky was hilarious, my God that guy is funny. I won a sweet TM polo on a drawing. It was a good time and we'll definately go again next year.

you're such a liar........you didn't win anything, your wife won the polo and being it was your size you got it.

CHADSTAUS
05-01-2011, 02:17 PM
Had a great time. Hate to wish the summer away, but I'm ready for some football!!

GradBison
05-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Had a great time. Hate to wish the summer away, but I'm ready for some football!!

Doesn't seem we're gonna get much of a summer anyway... I say skip it right to Football season.

CHADSTAUS
05-03-2011, 01:52 AM
Doesn't seem we're gonna get much of a summer anyway... I say skip it right to Football season.

Lets have a 16 game season like the NFL with 4 pre-season games, but we should start in July.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)