PDA

View Full Version : summer jobs

bisontwice
04-23-2011, 07:40 PM
I have been hearing some of the players are having trouble finding jobs for the summer. Some of the previous employers have backed out and others aren't hiring because the players have to leave at the start of August for camp.
Anyone know of any legit jobs for these players? It would be nice if we are having "voluntary" workouts all summer for these guys if they could also get jobs to support themselves while they are here.

HerdBot
04-23-2011, 08:50 PM
I have been hearing some of the players are having trouble finding jobs for the summer. Some of the previous employers have backed out and others aren't hiring because the players have to leave at the start of August for camp.
Anyone know of any legit jobs for these players? It would be nice if we are having "voluntary" workouts all summer for these guys if they could also get jobs to support themselves while they are here.

Its a tough job market but here are some great choices http://www.oddee.com/item_96873.aspx

IzzyFlexion
04-23-2011, 09:29 PM
Its a tough job market but here are some great choices http://www.oddee.com/item_96873.aspx

Ah.......
Why didn't anybody tell me that you can get paid for #3 on that top 10 list?!?!?! :mad:

bisonmike2
04-25-2011, 08:35 PM
Ah.......
Why didn't anybody tell me that you can get paid for #3 on that top 10 list?!?!?! :mad:

I assume you were doing it for free. I was actually paying a farmer to let me do that to his livestock. Imagine how stupid I feel now!

Grizzled
04-25-2011, 08:42 PM
I think a few of the players burnt our best bridge with the city of Fargo. A few guys were going home all day and writing down hours. If they only knew they where ruining it for the guys down the road. The city of Fargo used to hire a ton of guys and now its very selective, and its not cause of any sort of budget.

IzzyFlexion
04-26-2011, 01:43 AM
I assume you were doing it for free. I was actually paying a farmer to let me do that to his livestock. Imagine how stupid I feel now!

That's why I donated that 5 gallon bucket to you. I didn't want you to have to incur any additional costs in order to take it to the "next level".:nod:

perthbison
04-26-2011, 02:02 AM
That's why I donated that 5 gallon bucket to you. I didn't want you to have to incur any additional costs in order to take it to the "next level".:nod:

Had a kid in our little country school who had a thing for shetland ponies. He would deny it but his younger cousins caught him in the act. He wasn't paid either. The poor sap.:hide:

MNLonghorn10
04-26-2011, 03:42 AM
best buy would be interested

gotts
04-26-2011, 12:21 PM
best buy would be interested

Answer Guy, is that you?

Answer Guy
04-26-2011, 03:14 PM
Answer Guy, is that you?

Too obvious. But props to Longhorn.

SDSUAlum08
04-26-2011, 03:50 PM
Ah.......

Really? :facepalm: SDSU players love to hunt and fish, but they don't play with farm animals the way NDSU people do. Must be the weather up there.... :)

SDSUAlum08
04-26-2011, 03:51 PM
Had a kid in our little country school who had a thing for shetland ponies. He would deny it but his younger cousins caught him in the act. He wasn't paid either. The poor sap.:hide:

I rest my case.

bisonmike2
04-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Really? :facepalm: SDSU players love to hunt and fish, but they don't play with farm animals the way NDSU people do. Must be the weather up there.... :)

Why do you think they love to hunt so much? A dead deer doesn't run away when you try to diddle it.

SDSUAlum08
04-26-2011, 04:00 PM
Why do you think they love to hunt so much? A dead deer doesn't run away when you try to diddle it.

Ya got us....the secret is finally out

IzzyFlexion
04-27-2011, 01:16 AM

Cuz you guys can't live with being rejected in 8 out of every 10 romantic advances :rimshot: :rimshot:

A1pigskin
05-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Farmers may be looking for workers to get field work done quicker do to late planting.

DjKyRo
05-04-2011, 06:05 PM
Cuz you guys can't live with being rejected in 8 out of every 10 romantic advances :rimshot: :rimshot:

Hey go f- oh, uh, right, losers. Ha!

westnodak93bison
05-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Their summer job should be eat-sleep-train.

bisonmike2
05-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Their summer job should be eat-sleep-train.

that doesn't pay very well unless you play for Ohio State.

westnodak93bison
05-06-2011, 07:37 PM
I guess if I were serious about FB and had a full ride scholly I wouldn't be too worried about making money in the summer. I'd use loans to make it through.

bisontwice
05-06-2011, 08:01 PM
I guess if I were serious about FB and had a full ride scholly I wouldn't be too worried about making money in the summer. I'd use loans to make it through.

A full ride scholly, which quite a few players are not on by the way, only covers room, board and tuition for the school year. Since almost all players stay up for the summer for "optional" workouts they are on their own for those months. So unless you have a rich uncle or your parents fork over the money they are needing to work. This is different than FBS level where I believe they are covered during the summer months.

CAS4127
05-06-2011, 09:04 PM
A full ride scholly, which quite a few players are not on by the way, only covers room, board and tuition for the school year. Since almost all players stay up for the summer for "optional" workouts they are on their own for those months. So unless you have a rich uncle or your parents fork over the money they are needing to work. This is different than FBS level where I believe they are covered during the summer months.

Exactalackally!!!!!

Plus, it's kinda nice not having student loans to pay--just sayin!!