PDA

View Full Version : Bisonville vs. Internet Exploder 9

Tatanka
04-19-2011, 02:09 AM
Upgraded my browser to IE 9 and now the "new posts" and "go to newest post in thread" features are less functional than TAB's man parts (according to various sources). I mean you can go and click on them but they don't produce the desired result.

Downgraded back to IE 8 and everything works fine. Go figure.

ISXBISON
04-19-2011, 02:23 AM
Upgraded my browser to IE 9 and now the "new posts" and "go to newest post in thread" features are less functional than TAB's man parts (according to various sources). I mean you can go and click on them but they don't produce the desired result.

Firefox Tatanka, Firefox

NDSUFan_Sav
04-19-2011, 02:24 AM

same issue with google chrome

TbonZach
04-19-2011, 02:27 AM
Firefox Tatanka, Firefox

Firefox for the win.

Hammersmith
04-19-2011, 02:54 AM
same issue with google chrome

Chrome works if you close the browser window, then reopen. That doesn't work with IE9. The newer versions of the board software work with both browsers(SDSUFans is using one of these), and Tony knows and is working on it.

chuckles
04-19-2011, 04:10 AM
Netscape Communicator 4.7 all the way!

DjKyRo
04-19-2011, 05:55 AM
Netscape Communicator 4.7 all the way!

I'm on hour 2,077 of free AOL. They just keep sending me CDs...

EndZoneQB
04-19-2011, 06:11 AM
Chrome works if you close the browser window, then reopen. That doesn't work with IE9. The newer versions of the board software work with both browsers(SDSUFans is using one of these), and Tony knows and is working on it.

I have had zero issues with Chrome on any page? Maybe early Java stuff was interesting, but that has been fixed.

I'm on hour 2,077 of free AOL. They just keep sending me CDs...

So awesome.

IzzyFlexion
04-19-2011, 12:00 PM
What the frick are you geekoids even talking about??
Good grief, join the "Leave Everything the Hell Alone" Revolution. Progress blows.
http://captionsplash.mylifetime.com/files/captionsplash/imagecache/cs_full_430x323/caption_photos/2009-10-18/1255914134/image.jpg

Facts
04-19-2011, 12:38 PM
What the frick are you geekoids even talking about??
Good grief, join the "Leave Everything the Hell Alone" Revolution. Progress blows.
http://captionsplash.mylifetime.com/files/captionsplash/imagecache/cs_full_430x323/caption_photos/2009-10-18/1255914134/image.jpg

Hold on... gotta log into the "Telnet to SeNDit" :)

TransAmBison
04-19-2011, 12:48 PM

When your source is Answer Guy you must remember the phrase "right tool for the job". Internet Explorer is like you and AG...ur doin' it rong, eh.

tony
04-19-2011, 02:08 PM

If "by working on it", you mean "he's doing nothing about it except trying to figure out a good time to do the upgrade", then, yep, I'm working on it.

I've just got to upgrade the board software but that has always made me nervous.

Hammersmith
04-19-2011, 09:21 PM
If "by working on it", you mean "he's doing nothing about it except trying to figure out a good time to do the upgrade", then, yep, I'm working on it.

I've just got to upgrade the board software but that has always made me nervous.

Just trying to CYA. ;)

duluthbison
04-19-2011, 10:09 PM

Just as long you don't do it the night before our season opener! ;)

Bisonguy
04-19-2011, 10:09 PM

Hopefully the new board software will have the "mass random username change" functionality.

duluthbison
04-19-2011, 10:15 PM
and the ability to embed teh youtoobz

DjKyRo
04-20-2011, 12:00 AM
And banning Tatanka and TAB. Srsly.

Kermit
04-20-2011, 12:48 AM

Uh oh! No soup for you!

Tatanka
04-20-2011, 01:39 AM

http://buffetoblog.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/mr-t-pities-da-fool.jpg

Superfan
07-12-2011, 12:40 PM
My new field laptop has Internet Exploder 9 and it is severely hampering my ability to keep up to date on Bisonville. I'm being forced to find all my news and sports information from the so-called news papers and when I get sick of that I'm going to be forced to work all day. :facepalm: The "New Posts" link gives me a "sorry, you're shit out of luck" message.

Twentysix
07-12-2011, 01:05 PM
My new field laptop has Internet Exploder 9 and it is severely hampering my ability to keep up to date on Bisonville. I'm being forced to find all my news and sports information from the so-called news papers and when I get sick of that I'm going to be forced to work all day. :facepalm: The "New Posts" link gives me a "sorry, you're shit out of luck" message.

Thats too bad, I still run XP on my gaming pc. IE9 is not supported. :D

BisonBabe
07-12-2011, 03:16 PM
As soon as I got my laptop I installed Firefox & Chrome right away. Do not like IE as it is a major pain in the arse.