PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Over/unders

344Johnson
04-18-2011, 06:09 PM
DJ +/- 1650 yards...20 TD's Thats 150 yards/game and 1.8 TD/game

Holloway +/- 1000 yards... Thats about 90 yards/game

(Insert qb name here) 2420 yards 20 td's... 220 yards and 1.8 TD/game

Billy Turner 110 pancakes... Thats 10 pancakes/game

LakesBison(if he hadn't been banned) 2500 posts throughout season(excluding possible playoff run, in that case, multiply his posts by 3) 227 posts/week

Ok, I think its possible for DJ, but Ojuri/Sigers/Crockett...whoever plays...will take a pretty good number of carries away from him which could prevent it.

Holloway, eh, we'll see, he is very good, just a matter of getting him the ball enough.

Quarterbacks better be good enough to get us those kind of numbers. Pretty pretty please....

Billy Turner :)

Lakes would get this easily. He is/was/forever will be excited about this Bison team.

NDSUFan_Sav
04-18-2011, 06:20 PM
i dont think dj or warren get that, i think we have more weapons on offense and think we will see others stepping up.

DjKyRo
04-18-2011, 06:24 PM

LakesBison(if he hadn't been banned) 2500 posts throughout season(excluding possible playoff run, in that case, multiply his posts by 3) 227 posts/week

Ok, I think its possible for DJ, but Ojuri/Sigers/Crockett...whoever plays...will take a pretty good number of carries away from him which could prevent it.

Holloway, eh, we'll see, he is very good, just a matter of getting him the ball enough.

Quarterbacks better be good enough to get us those kind of numbers. Pretty pretty please....

Lakes would get this easily. He is/was/forever will be excited about this Bison team.

DJ getting to 1650 is an awful lot, especially if the passing game improves. Don't know how realistic that is.

Holloway with 1,000 yards? He got to 680 this season and was THE GUY at WR. He's going to have a lot of help in Vraa and Gebhart, and that's assuming our passing game gets better. He averaged 58 a game, and that's with just two of over 100 yards (including a 184-spot vs. WIU). Do you really think he can tack 30 yards onto his average? Again, not very attainable.

The last one - 10 pancakes a game? You can't be serious.

These are some pretty fantastic numbers, and I mean in the sense of fantasy.

344Johnson
04-18-2011, 06:28 PM
The last one - 10 pancakes a game? You can't be serious.

These are some pretty fantastic numbers, and I mean in the sense of fantasy.

No seriousness intended haha. Unless.........unless we line him up at wideout...and they make a rule that corners must engage the wide-out.

Twentysix
04-18-2011, 06:54 PM
Did you mean all purpose yards for DJ or rushing? I mean he was rollin with like 150(not quite but not to far off) yds a game last year right?

He had 1992 yds and 19 touchdowns last year.

silkamilkamonico
04-18-2011, 07:08 PM
I think DJ is going to have a monster here. Partially because he is so good and partially because I think our passing game is going to be terrible again.

Twentysix
04-18-2011, 07:29 PM
I think DJ is going to have a monster here. Partially because he is so good and partially because I think our passing game is going to be terrible again.

towards the end of the year it felt like our passing game was DJ.. throw him a 3 yd pass and watch him run it for 30...

silkamilkamonico
04-18-2011, 07:37 PM
towards the end of the year it felt like our passing game was DJ.. throw him a 3 yd pass and watch him run it for 30...

Yea I'm beyond frustrated with Bohl's passing "scheme" and "production". I hate to say it but I would rather probably just go back to the option days than watch that hot mess.

I know people are hyped about the depth at the QB position and these new young talents at the WR position, but I think our problems in the passing game go far beyond that. I am going to have to actually see real results before I even consider that Bohl's passing scheme isn't a lost cause - and for the sake the of future of this program, which I think is a bright one, the sooner he can prove me wrong the better.

Twentysix
04-18-2011, 08:05 PM
Yea I'm beyond frustrated with Bohl's passing "scheme" and "production". I hate to say it but I would rather probably just go back to the option days than watch that hot mess.

I know people are hyped about the depth at the QB position and these new young talents at the WR position, but I think our problems in the passing game go far beyond that. I am going to have to actually see real results before I even consider that Bohl's passing scheme isn't a lost cause - and for the sake the of future of this program, which I think is a bright one, the sooner he can prove me wrong the better.

I said something similar in a different thread. Ill believe it when i see it in game 3 or 4. Nick Mertens looked like Steve young against wagner or maybe it was CCSU.

I dont know if its bohl or vigen or both, i just hope im wrong.

344Johnson
04-18-2011, 08:14 PM
I said something similar in a different thread. Ill believe it when i see it in game 3 or 4. Nick Mertens looked like he was better than Steve young against wagner or maybe it was CCSU.

Fixed that for you.

Twentysix
04-19-2011, 01:21 AM
Fixed that for you.

Why thank you.

Roosevelts not the ghetto btw. :(

Ill drop you off in some trailer parks around fargo and we can play find tabs carving.

344Johnson
04-19-2011, 03:33 AM
Why thank you.

Roosevelts not the ghetto btw. :(

Ill drop you off in some trailer parks around fargo and we can play find tabs carving.

hahaha I look forward to this. I shall be found in 344 Johnson Hall for around 3 more weeks.

HerdBot
04-19-2011, 03:52 AM

Dj yes if we make a deep playoff run. Not confident in the passing game.

CaBisonFan
04-19-2011, 06:36 AM

Our personnel has been recruited to play our version of the West Coast...or something like that...but I tend to agree. I've seen 'zero' signs of collegiate-level passing schemes being taught. If we're somewhat successful with our passing game, it will have more to do with the talent level than anything else. I don't have faith in the OC.

I'd be in favor of picking the best pure athlete to play QB...insert the option game...and pass off of that. But I'm not sure that the OC would know how to teach that either.

Sorry folks...I don't have confidence in the OC. The games that we win will be because of great D, an outstanding OL, and great talent at running back.

I sincerely hope that I am proven wrong.

X-Factor
04-19-2011, 04:04 PM
I said something similar in a different thread. Ill believe it when i see it in game 3 or 4. Nick Mertens looked like Steve young against wagner or maybe it was CCSU.

It was both. And I walked away from those two games with a completely different observation. He had like 3TD's and 1 INT against Wag and 3/0 against CCSU, but if you watched how the plays developed you could see disaster waiting to happen. Those CB's and safeties for CCSU were simply horrible.

IzzyFlexion
04-20-2011, 12:29 PM
over/under on Heagle and Eaves sending opposing wide receivers to area hospitals: * 7
further breakdown:
via ambulance: 4
via chopper: 3
via hearse: 0 (just wanted some sort of disclaimer in here indicating that I am in no means in favor of an opponent being hit that hard/badly)

*Actually, I don't wish that any player (our's or their's) be hospitalized as a result of playing football. It is intended solely as satire.
** Did I cover my ass appropriately CAS?
*** I'm sticking by my prediction that Heagle and Eaves will be monsters in the Bison secondary this coming season.

344Johnson
04-20-2011, 12:59 PM
over/under on Heagle and Eaves sending opposing wide receivers to area hospitals: * 7
further breakdown:
via ambulance: 4
via chopper: 3
via hearse: 0 (just wanted some sort of disclaimer in here indicating that I am in no means in favor of an opponent being hit that hard/badly)

*Actually, I don't wish that any player (our's or their's) be hospitalized as a result of playing football. It is intended solely as satire.
** Did I cover my ass appropriately CAS?
*** I'm sticking by my prediction that Heagle and Eaves will be monsters in the Bison secondary this coming season.

I was thinking 8. 3 via ambulance, 3 via chopper, 2 via US Air Force emergency flight to Dr. James Andrews