PDA

View Full Version : 2011 schedule

roadwarrior
04-18-2011, 05:41 PM
Hawaii for 2 games in august!

http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=2400&SPID=699&SPSID=11946

TheBisonator
04-18-2011, 07:45 PM
Minnesota, but in an exhibition?? Ok, whatever...

Otherwise, great schedule!! Not a single DII on the schedule (UNO will be removed from DII on July 1).

Greenie
04-19-2011, 12:23 AM
Actually UNO will count as a DII next year (first year of transition is still DII)

TheBisonator
04-19-2011, 10:25 PM
Actually UNO will count as a DII next year (first year of transition is still DII)

But they're gonna be in our conference in 2012, correct??

roadwarrior
04-19-2011, 11:11 PM
But they're gonna be in our conference in 2012, correct??

Yes, they will be replacing SUU in 2012-2013.

ndsoccerfan
04-20-2011, 06:15 PM
Why doens't soccer play on Dacotah Field? The video on gobison.com shows them practicing on it and it has soccer markings on it. I hate having to look across a track to see either a football or soccer game. It seems that Dacotah Field would be a great soccer environment and it could still serve as a practice football field.

ndsubison1
04-20-2011, 08:50 PM
Why doens't soccer play on Dacotah Field? The video on gobison.com shows them practicing on it and it has soccer markings on it. I hate having to look across a track to see either a football or soccer game. It seems that Dacotah Field would be a great soccer environment and it could still serve as a practice football field.

not regulation size?

roadwarrior
04-20-2011, 09:00 PM
not regulation size?

It is regulation size. The field they use now meets the regulation (which allows variable sizes I gues), but is smaller than full size. I think its more about the seating, press box, and lack of bathroom facilities.

imabison
04-20-2011, 11:27 PM

It makes sense that they practice on the field turf until the soccer complex is fully ready.

ndsoccerfan
04-21-2011, 11:56 AM
I don't believe that the current field is regulation size either. I could be wrong but I don't think it would be large enough to allow us to host the conference tournament.

TheBisonator
04-21-2011, 11:24 PM
They put a lot of money into Schlanser Field not too long ago, it's basically NDSU's outdoor sports stadium now.

Only things I would improve with the place would be 1) New scoreboard and 2) replace the seats on the west side. It's a good field, AWESOME track, and seats a lot of people.

(I regret only entering Schlanser once in my entire time at NDSU. And it wasn't for a game. It was after a track meet, and it was just free for anyone to come in and hang around. Good place for a soccer match.)

roadwarrior
04-21-2011, 11:53 PM
I think more correctly you want to say:

The Ellig Sports Complex includes the Schlanser Track, two soccer fields and four softball diamonds. Completed in 1997 at an original cost of $2.3 million, the complex is home to Bison soccer, outdoor track and field, and softball.

ndsoccerfan
04-22-2011, 01:48 AM
They put a lot of money into Schlanser Field not too long ago, it's basically NDSU's outdoor sports stadium now.

Only things I would improve with the place would be 1) New scoreboard and 2) replace the seats on the west side. It's a good field, AWESOME track, and seats a lot of people.

(I regret only entering Schlanser once in my entire time at NDSU. And it wasn't for a game. It was after a track meet, and it was just free for anyone to come in and hang around. Good place for a soccer match.)

I do believe the "AWESOME Track" makes the soccer field too small to host Summit League and/or NCAA events.

NDStateFan
04-30-2011, 10:31 PM
I don't believe that the current field is regulation size either. I could be wrong but I don't think it would be large enough to allow us to host the conference tournament.

That's incorrect. Soccer fields can range in size and NDSU's is perfectly legal and are allowed to host conference tournaments and NCAA games. In addition if it wasn't we wouldn't be allowed to have the girls play on it for any game. Fields can range in width from 65-80 yards and length of 110-120 yards with the prefered average size being 120 yards in length and 75 yards in width. At one point there was thought of making every field the same size but that was never put into effect.