PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Marlins

ISXBISON
04-15-2011, 11:14 PM
Happy Birthday Marlins--I hope your fight is going well and you're winning your battle!!

EndZoneQB
04-16-2011, 12:36 AM
Hope all is well buddy!

jarhead
04-16-2011, 12:40 AM
Happy birthday Marlin, hope you're doing well.

onbison09
04-16-2011, 01:00 AM
He's doing good according to his blog:
It has been about a week since my last blog post, but I’ve been holding off writing an update for good reason. I was waiting to see if this round of chemotherapy was going to cause another 3-5 day hospital stay for fevers or throat sores.
I’m happy to report, for only the second time since I started chemotherapy back in early December, that this round of chemotherapy did not require an ER visit or being admitted to the hospital.
I stayed home from work on Monday because of fevers, but the highest my temperature ever reached was 100.7 degrees, so I never hit that 101.0 degree mark that requires a trip to the MD Anderson Emergency Room. Other than that, my temperature has consistently been in the 98.7 degree range.
The horrible mouth and throat sores that I’ve had in past rounds of chemo have been virtually nonexistent this round too.
I think all of this can be attributed to the new antibiotics they have me on. I’m no longer taking Augmentin and Cipro twice a day every day for a week after chemo. I’m now taking Levaquin once a day every day for a week after chemo and it seems to be working wonders. The once a day part is really nice too.
My blood levels haven’t been too bad this round either. My white blood cells, hemoglobin, and platelets have all dropped really low at one time or another, but not to the level of needing a transfusion. That’s great news considering last round I needed to have 4 bags of hemoglobin and 1 bag of platelets transfused while I was in the hospital. All my blood levels appear to be on their way back up now too.
I’m also happy to report that the hair on my head is finally starting to grow back too. We first noticed some peach fuzz after last round of chemo, but it has really started to grow since this most recent round finished. I still look like a Marine recruit, but at least it’s starting to grow back.
That’s more than can be said for my poor eyelashes and eyebrows. I have exactly zero eyelash or eyebrow hairs on my right eye. At last check, my left eye had 3 eyelash and two eyebrow hairs. I jokingly told Hiedee I’m going to buy some fake eyelashes at Walmart and then use a magic marker to draw in some eyebrows. Maybe make myself look really surprised or mad looking. Something to make people do a double take. I’ll just be glad when they finally grow back.
That’s all the updates for now.

Bison"FANatic"
04-16-2011, 01:48 AM
Good to hear that He is doing well and Have a Happy B-Day.

HandoEX
04-16-2011, 03:53 AM
Happy Birthday big guy!

BadlandsBison
04-16-2011, 05:35 AM
Hope you're doing well Marlins. Happy Bday and God bless.

CaBisonFan
04-16-2011, 09:10 AM
Happy Birthday my Bison friend. We miss you here. You're a brave man.

Marlins
04-17-2011, 02:08 AM
Happy Birthday Marlins--I hope your fight is going well and you're winning your battle!!

Thanks everyone! Having cancer certainly makes you appreciate each and every day (and birthday).

My fight is going really well. I'm currently getting ready for an upcoming surgery that will remove part of my 4th, 5th and 6th ribs as well as what's remaining of my tumor.

I'm getting ready to write a blog update about that, so if anyone is interested in more details about the surgery or my most recent tests and doctors appointments you can check out my blog later tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks again to everyone for the happy birthday wishes as well as the continued support.

KC Bison
04-17-2011, 04:32 AM
God bless you on your birthday.

1bizon1
04-17-2011, 04:52 AM
Happy "first" birthday of MANY more healthy ones to be had!! Keep up the brave fight too!!!!!!!

A1pigskin
04-17-2011, 02:23 PM
Happy B-Day!!!!!!!!!!