PDA

View Full Version : D-line rotation

HerdBot
04-15-2011, 05:49 PM
There was a nice article today by Kolpack talking about last years freshman class and Emmanuel. . From everything I've read, the guy is really coming along on the D-line. He's tough to block and apparently the strongest guy on.the team. I bet that he's going to see some playing time if they are looking at playing Scott Stoczynski at DT. Where would Emmanuel play? Since he's new at the spot I would assume hes going to be a pass rusher.

Any predictions on the rotation?

Starters base defense
LE - Boyer
NT - Drevlow
DT - Perry
RE - Jirik

Passing Downs
LE - Boyer
NT - Perry
DT - Emmanuel
RE - Jirik

Where does that put Lavoy, Juckem, Stocczynski, and the other guys?

EastCoastBison
04-15-2011, 05:54 PM
There was a nice article today by Kolpack talking about last years freshman class and Emmanuel. . From everything I've read, the guy is really coming along on the D-line. He's tough to block and apparently the strongest guy on.the team. I bet that he's going to see some playing time if they are looking at playing Scott Stoczynski at DT. Where would Emmanuel play? Since he's new at the spot I would assume hes going to be a pass rusher.

Any predictions on the rotation?

Starters base defense
LE - Boyer
NT - Drevlow
DT - Perry
RE - Jirik

Passing Downs
LE - Boyer
NT - Perry
DT - Emmanuel
RE - Jirik

Where does that put Lavoy, Juckem, Stocczynski, and the other guys?

I don't see Emmanuel playing DT at 238, even just for passing downs. Going into the season I think Boyer, Jirik, Emmanuel, will be full time DEs, with Perry, Drevlow, Juckem and Lavoy being full time interior. Stoccyznski will probably know both and be able to move around depending on where depth is needed.

HerdBot
04-15-2011, 05:58 PM
I don't see Emmanuel playing DT at 238, even just for passing downs. Going into the season I think Boyer, Jirik, Emmanuel, will be full time DEs, with Perry, Drevlow, Juckem and Lavoy being full time interior. Stoccyznski will probably know both and be able to move around depending on where depth is needed.

He's not much smaller than Stoczynski (who they put at DT) and in our system the undersizes guys can rush the passer from the DT spot on obvious passing downs. Think John Randle at 6' 1" 270 early in his career. Probably will be backup De. I agree.

Makes me wonder since hes apparently the strongest guy on the team and was a dynamic running back too. Great athlete!

X-Factor
04-16-2011, 04:08 AM
I could be wrong, but I can't imagine them taking Drevlow out on passing downs to go with a smaller guy unless it was just to give him a breather. He is pretty quick and could make a great DE IMO, even though they have him at DT.

A1pigskin
04-17-2011, 02:31 PM
I thought Kolpack put a positive spin to this.