PDA

View Full Version : Chemistry thoughts....

TateMosersneighbor
04-15-2011, 01:23 AM
From the barstool, it seems like this team has better chemistry then the last 2 or 3 years and I wanted to read what others thoughts are on the topic. I like seeing guys like Dante Perez who probably will be #4 at QB, but is lining up at WR and WILL contribute this year even if it's to be a decoy for some new twists to the offense. Also, Voitlander as Punter...again, how cool to see a guy that is going to be a #4 option at his "preferred" position suck it up and contribute?

I think we are seeing a team of guys that are having fun again and me thinks that'll translate into a team that plays "faster" and looser in years past allowing them to come out better in games.

What are some signs you folks see of chemistry...good and bad?

EndZoneQB
04-15-2011, 01:34 AM
It seems like they have that swagger that had been missing since 07...

BadlandsBison
04-15-2011, 01:36 AM

Meh. The swagger rating on Madden only contributes to likelyhood of touchdown celebrations.

DjKyRo
04-15-2011, 01:44 AM
Meh. The swagger rating on Madden only contributes to likelyhood of touchdown celebrations.

Either way, I like where this is headed.

WYOBISONMAN
04-15-2011, 01:46 AM
Let's see what Vigen can do.....I hope like hell there is some chemistry with that OC.

lakesbison
04-15-2011, 02:32 AM
Vigen is is like the science professer from the muppets...

HerdBot
04-15-2011, 04:36 AM
You never really know but I can guarantee you the jr and sr class has been through a lot of highs and lows together. Going 3-8 and being as good as last year is quite a swing. That builds character and they know what it takes to be successful. They know that a few plays is the difference between winning and losing. They know they have to improve. Any real competitor can't be happy with the last game and its got to fuel them. I bet they want to recapture the espn highlights and get the helmet back on Scott Van Pelt.

I bet the freshman class has a lot of pride too. You take a group of young men and they come in together, work hard, and watch their peers have success as freshman has to be a good feeling. I'm sure they want to go down as the best recruiting class in Bison history.

mnriverbison
04-15-2011, 12:56 PM

What makes you say that?

Herd
04-15-2011, 02:42 PM
Chemistry can be a year to year thing. You look to the team leadership (somewhat different each year) and the indicator to chemistry.

The year that Roehl and Wurtz were seniors, we were pointed in the right direction too, but the chemistry was destoyed with the off the field stuff and some overall problems with team leadership. Was it the coaching, seniors? I'm not sure.

Last year, with Gratzek, Anderson, Arndt, and Smith . . . this team was in good hands. Who will be those vocal senior leaders this year to lead when times get tough, to lead by example?

DJ, Evan, Boyer, Eaves, Cornick, Holloway, Richards . . . we will see who steps up to lead. You can bet that DJ and Boyer will be in that group of captains. This is where overall team chemistry is being formed for 2011.

runtheoption
04-15-2011, 06:58 PM
Which comes first, the success or the chemistry?

TateMosersneighbor
04-15-2011, 09:35 PM
I always say success is 2nd. Chemistry makes success easier to come by in my opinion.

It's like wine and sex. Or, for most of the folks reading this, Busch Light pounders.

perthbison
04-16-2011, 12:54 AM
Vigen is is like the science professer from the muppets...

I think the name was Beaker. Reminded me of you a little, minus the swearing, of course.

IzzyFlexion
04-16-2011, 12:30 PM
I think the name was Beaker. Reminded me of you a little, minus the swearing, of course.

Nope. It was Bunsen Honeydew (pictured on the right). His assistant's name was Beaker.

http://www.concoxions.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Honeydew-and-Beaker.jpg

perthbison
04-16-2011, 02:34 PM
sorry, my bad. I still think Beaker is a lot like Lakes though.

BisonNeil
04-16-2011, 03:28 PM
Chemistry IS a year to year thing. You look to the team leadership (somewhat different each year) and the indicator to chemistry.

The year that Roehl and Wurtz were seniors, we were pointed in the right direction too, but the chemistry was destoyed with the off the field stuff and some overall problems with team leadership. Was it the coaching, seniors? I'm not sure.

Last year, with Gratzek, Anderson, Arndt, and Smith . . . this team was in good hands. Who will be those vocal senior leaders this year to lead when times get tough, to lead by example?

DJ, Evan, Boyer, Eaves, Cornick, Holloway, Richards . . . we will see who steps up to lead. You can bet that DJ and Boyer will be in that group of captains. This is where overall team chemistry is being formed for 2011.

There, fixed it for you.

Also, I don't remember there being off the field issues in 2008 when they went 6-5. I always felt that the 08 team was just ill-prepared to deal with the lack of leadership and play making ability at QB, the void left by Walker's graduation was just too much for Roehl et al. to deal with. So, please refresh my memory on the off the field issues that precipated that below average season. I thought the off the field issues were after the season and before the disasterous 09 season (Mohler's first DUI in August 08 notwithstanding).

56BISON73
04-16-2011, 05:36 PM
There, fixed it for you.

Also, I don't remember there being off the field issues in 2008 when they went 6-5. I always felt that the 08 team was just ill-prepared to deal with the lack of leadership and play making ability at QB, the void left by Walker's graduation was just too much for Roehl et al. to deal with. So, please refresh my memory on the off the field issues that precipated that below average season. I thought the off the field issues were after the season and before the disasterous 09 season (Mohler's first DUI in August 08 notwithstanding).

Off the field issues whether they are publisized or not will undermine a team to the core. As a rule issues may be on going for a long time before they actually raise their ugly head.

IzzyFlexion
04-16-2011, 07:14 PM
sorry, my bad. I still think Beaker is a lot like Lakes though.

Oh.....don't apologize my northern nd brother!
It's just that I was such a Muppet Show fanatic as a grade schooler, that I have far too many of those factoids in my tiny little cranium.

99Bison
04-16-2011, 07:44 PM
Off the field issues whether they are publisized or not will undermine a team to the core. As a rule issues may be on going for a long time before they actually raise their ugly head.

Exactly, the 08 off field issues showed up publicly mostly after the football year was done, however many of the issues including the biggest one involving multiple people were actually happening in sept.

Herd
04-16-2011, 11:42 PM
Good chemistry does not ensure winning. But, Lack of Chemistry will ensure failure.

A1pigskin
04-17-2011, 02:38 PM
There seems to be more Chemistry than three years ago. This team was in the trench for a few years and this dug themselves out. All I know it feels good.