PDA

View Full Version : Bison Unis

Herd
04-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Anyone in the know about any possible uniform changes in 2011? I think we've status quo since 2005.

I like the color combos, (white-green away; green-yellow home) but I woundn't mind seeing some subtle changes to the pants and possibly another option to the home unis. Any changes in the Works? Would a white-yellow pant combo be a welcome change to take into msp next fall ala the GBP. Do you like the newer matte finish colors like VT and OR have made Popular?

FarSouth Bison
04-09-2011, 11:15 AM
So, you would like something like the Ducks have?

Gully
04-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Anyone in the know about any possible uniform changes in 2011? I think we've status quo since 2005.

I like the color combos, (white-green away; green-yellow home) but I woundn't mind seeing some subtle changes to the pants and possibly another option to the home unis. Any changes in the Works? Would a white-yellow pant combo be a welcome change to take into msp next fall ala the GBP. Do you like the newer matte finish colors like VT and OR have made Popular?

White/yellow doesn't work too well IMO.

Herd
04-09-2011, 11:46 AM

No, but I like the matte vs shiny colors with the same designs. Ya, I still want a traditional design, nothing too crazy. Our helmets are awesome, I wouldn't touch that either, although I woundn't be afraid of a matte finish there either.

Herd
04-09-2011, 11:49 AM

White/yellow doesn't work too well IMO.

White-yellow pants worked for most of our history, an it works for the Packers! Snorty with the wide white stripe is classic, I love it.

BisonNeil
04-09-2011, 03:21 PM
No, but I like the matte vs shiny colors with the same designs. Ya, I still want a traditional design, nothing too crazy. Our helmets are awesome, I wouldn't touch that either, although I woundn't be afraid of a matte finish there either.

Who was the ESPN guy who loved our helmets and kept putting it on his desk during his show?

I agree, don't touch the helmets.

tcbison
04-09-2011, 03:24 PM
I think the Bison's white/green away combo is the best and I am a Packer fan. The green pants are so much better than the yellow. The Packers will probably never change their combo but I am sure glad the Bison did. The away jersey look sharp IMHO.

I hope the Bison never do the same color jersey as pants. I think there was some talk of a yellow jersey last year but if they do that I hope they then use the green pants with that combo.

tcbison
04-09-2011, 03:24 PM
Who was the ESPN guy who loved our helmets and kept putting it on his desk during his show?

I agree, don't touch the helmets.

That was Scott Van Pelt.

JSUBison
04-09-2011, 05:26 PM
That was Scott Van Pelt.

Good stuff.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/bisonfan2008/vanpelt.jpg

Twentysix
04-09-2011, 06:54 PM
I would be very interested in a new uni combo.

Throwbacks for the gopher game or the SDSU game would be awesome. Even if they are ugly, doesnt matter!

HerdBot
04-09-2011, 07:14 PM

I like both uniforms. I would like to see them add a little green to the road jersey. I'd like to see them get rid of the new logo that's on the pants and put the old logo. Not snorty, but the normal one.

I like the current home jersey.Going for the solid green look could be interesting.

sfassett
12-24-2011, 12:56 AM
I think Green Jerseys with Green pants would look pretty nice. There's plenty of yellow on em to make it flow with the helmet IMO. All yellow/gold would be sick... as in just awful...

mgbison
12-24-2011, 01:18 AM
I'd like to see them add white pants. I think it'd be cool to have a few different color combos to choose from.

Swaghook
12-24-2011, 01:21 AM
I'd like to see them add white pants. I think it'd be cool to have a few different color combos to choose from.Don't care for white pants the Whioux where white. The day the Whioux wear their true school colors(Green & Pink) will be the day I would be OK with white pants for NDSU.

sfassett
12-24-2011, 01:49 AM
Yeah I cant imagine white pants with any of our jerseys really except for the white one.. but then you wouldnt even really be able to tell who the heck we are. we the BISON and Its gotta be obvious from the very first second you see our team. White doesnt make the cut IMO.

BisonFan02
12-24-2011, 01:54 AM
Don't care for white pants the Whioux where white. The day the Whioux wear their true school colors(Green & Pink) will be the day I would be OK with white pants for NDSU.

Made this for over at AGS...might as well post it here too. :D

North Side
12-24-2011, 01:56 AM
I am totally happy with our current Unis. and please no yellow on white that is just horrible.

sfassett
12-24-2011, 02:21 AM
Would anyone be cool with a green helmet for a game?? Like a home opener or the next home UNI game or something? I definitely dont think I'd want it any more than ONCE or at the most- once a season. But I personally think a special uniform once every 2 or 3 seasons would be pretty cool. I dont know what you'd do with the rest of the uni though... Maybe an all green? Helmet with the new Bison head logo? Just throwin it out there..

Hammerhead
12-24-2011, 03:53 AM
Wouldn't a 2nd set of helmets be more expensive than jerseys?

sfassett
12-24-2011, 04:37 AM
Well I dont even know actually. Both are pretty spendy I'd imagine. Not trying to compare prices, just wondering what you guys thought of Green Alternate helmets and the possible uniform combos that would go with it. Maybe green helmets for away games. Look pretty nice green pants, white Js and Green helmets. Any thoughts?

56BISON73
12-24-2011, 04:42 AM
Well I dont even know actually. Both are pretty spendy I'd imagine. Not trying to compare prices, just wondering what you guys thought of Green Alternate helmets and the possible uniform combos that would go with it. Maybe green helmets for away games. Look pretty nice green pants, white Js and Green helmets. Any thoughts?

NO............................

sfassett
12-24-2011, 04:47 AM
NO............................

you wouldnt be cool with it for ONE game??? literally, one?
Haha fair enough. Just wondering 56Bison- Do you like the Yellow Jerseys?

BlueBisonRock
12-24-2011, 05:14 AM
Green helmets ---> the who.

Pink pants --------> the who.

Spending money foolishly -----> the who.

Besides...

Fashion shows are for tall skinny girls.

onbison09
12-24-2011, 05:18 AM
FIFY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVuqVW4rq-o

BFKasper14
12-24-2011, 05:22 AM
I think the Bison's white/green away combo is the best and I am a Packer fan. The green pants are so much better than the yellow. The Packers will probably never change their combo but I am sure glad the Bison did. The away jersey look sharp IMHO.

I hope the Bison never do the same color jersey as pants. I think there was some talk of a yellow jersey last year but if they do that I hope they then use the green pants with that combo.

^These. The white with green look really sharp IMO

56BISON73
12-24-2011, 05:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVuqVW4rq-o

Thank you. There is no room or need for interpretation.

sfassett
12-24-2011, 05:27 AM
Geeze, forget I asked guys. guess we should drop the green Jerseys since the woiux have greens too.
didnt realize this was such a hot button issue

Herd
12-24-2011, 12:16 PM
I wouldnt change much, but i would do a modification to the green pants so that the the yellow patch in the green pants matches our new yellow jersey. There is a color mismatch currently.

I wouldnt add to our combos of . . .

Heimets 1 yellow
jerseys 3 white, green, yellow
pants 2 yellow, green

I wouldnt mind seeing the yellow pant-white jersey on the road for a second road option. I would love to see us wear a 1980s retro uni, that would be the ultimate salute to our past championship teams.

heffray
12-24-2011, 09:28 PM
Geeze, forget I asked guys. guess we should drop the green Jerseys since the woiux have greens too.
didnt realize this was such a hot button issue

This probably the 15th thread on the issue, and it looks like this one was revived from before the Yellow Unis even existed. BV is full of guys (probably old) like 56BISON who is unwilling to put personal tastes aside in support of something that is good for our team and school. That, and they have bad taste and don't like change.

Jay
12-24-2011, 09:56 PM
A white helmet with the alt logo would be sweet imo

56BISON73
12-24-2011, 10:07 PM
This probably the 15th thread on the issue, and it looks like this one was revived from before the Yellow Unis even existed. BV is full of guys (probably old) like 56BISON who is unwilling to put personal tastes aside in support of something that is good for our team and school. That, and they have bad taste and don't like change.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

sfassett
12-24-2011, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the support heffray. Just trying to find something to talk about for the next two weeks- didnt think it'd be a big deal haha..... is it just me, or are some people on BV to specifically try and shut down and fight about anything that doesnt reflect his exact opinion? this is only my 13th post but it seems to be a reacurring theme...

I think a white helmet would look sweet with the new logo! But like the green one- I dont think i'd want it as a primary option. probs just one we wear for once for a special occasion or at the MOST, once a season. it would look really cool though IMO

HerdBot
12-25-2011, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the support heffray. Just trying to find something to talk about for the next two weeks- didnt think it'd be a big deal haha..... is it just me, or are some people on BV to specifically try and shut down and fight about anything that doesnt reflect his exact opinion? this is only my 13th post but it seems to be a reacurring theme...

I think a white helmet would look sweet with the new logo! But like the green one- I dont think i'd want it as a primary option. probs just one we wear for once for a special occasion or at the MOST, once a season. it would look really cool though IMO

I just puked in my mouth at the thought of changing the logo on the helmet to the new logo. That would be wrong . I liken that to the Twins replacing the TC logo with the M.

improving it is ok. Eliminating it isa bad idea

heffray
12-25-2011, 03:36 PM
I just puked in my mouth at the thought of changing the logo on the helmet to the new logo. That would be wrong . I liken that to the Twins replacing the TC logo with the M.

improving it is ok. Eliminating it isa bad idea

Did it taste good?

sfassett
12-25-2011, 03:44 PM
Agree. I wouldnt want to eliminate it either. In fact, no one said that- ever. Literally not even once. I specifically said it would be for ONE game or at most, once a season. Keep calm guys, no ones calling for a revolution. No need to get this worked up over an IDEA for a uni we would only see once.
Also the "m" for this Twins is pretty ugly. No argument there.

UncleBuck
12-25-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm told that one reason the players like the gold uniforms is they are able to move better in them, that the green uniforms make them feel like they are wearing a corset.

It just makes me wonder how some players know what wearing a corset is like.

:rofl:

JSUBison
12-25-2011, 05:29 PM

You might be getting some blowback not for your opinion, but because you are a "Decemberist", a term coined by Mr. Chicken. BRAAAAWK! :welcome:

Facts
12-27-2011, 02:37 AM

Don't worry about a thing dude. I like the uni talk!