PDA

View Full Version : Hot Ticket

tony
04-08-2011, 05:24 AM
http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/119448949.html

From Sid's column today (page 2):

Michael Nowakowski also mentioned that the hottest Gophers football ticket is the North Dakota State game and that Ticket King had its lowest Gophers hockey ticket profit in 20 years.

4mcruenomore
04-08-2011, 05:36 AM
some people on stub hub are crazy, $300? really?

ndsubison1
04-08-2011, 06:13 AM
surprise surprise

ndsubison1
04-08-2011, 06:14 AM
some people on stub hub are crazy, $300? really?

supply and demand? ha

CaBisonFan
04-08-2011, 07:09 AM
That's really pretty amazing. Not sure who's playing at MN this year...but you'd think that the Iowa or Wisconsin game would be a huge draw for the visiting fans. I like the sound of this. Thanks Tony.

CaBisonFan
04-08-2011, 07:16 AM
supply and demand? ha

stub hub has a window at Angel Stadium now. That surprised me. Have you seen this in the Twin Cities? But Ticketmaster? They're a monopoly that has driven up the prices for concerts & athletic events.

Anyone else seen stub hub windows (booths) at other ballparks?

ndsubison1
04-08-2011, 07:21 AM
stub hub has a window at Angel Stadium now. That surprised me. Have you seen this in the Twin Cities? But Ticketmaster? They're a monopoly that has driven up the prices for concerts & athletic events.

ive seen stub hub all over

WYOBISONMAN
04-08-2011, 12:08 PM
I like that......it is a grudge thing. The Herd will have to be at the top of their game when we play Minnesota. They will come at us with a heck of a chip on their shoulder. I suspect a real hard hitting game!

IzzyFlexion
04-08-2011, 12:52 PM
I like that......it is a grudge thing. The Herd will have to be at the top of their game when we play Minnesota. They will come at us with a heck of a chip on their shoulder. I suspect a real hard hitting game!

Get yer shit kickin' shoes polished up Daniel Eaves, et al.

No_Skill
04-08-2011, 05:44 PM
It also helps that our game is early. I'm sure many people wait to buy tickets to the later games until they are closer.

...still gotta love that though.

Twentysix
04-08-2011, 07:31 PM

Ticketking has locations in downtown minneapolis not to far from the venue's.

Twentysix
04-08-2011, 07:32 PM
The tickets from the schools for the NDSU game cost 50$ for the base tickets, the 2 FBS(NM and Miami ohio) schools they play are 30$ a ticket. Wisconsin Iowa and Nebraska are 70$ some other B10 schools are 50$.

GradBison
04-08-2011, 07:54 PM
The tickets from the schools for the NDSU game cost 50$ for the base tickets, the 2 FBS(NM and Miami ohio) schools they play are 30$ a ticket. Wisconsin Iowa and Nebraska are 70$ some other B10 schools are 50$.

They know how well NDSU draws from past experiences and want to capitalize.

Frankly, it's pathetic the way the Gopher ticketing system is set up, with ticket packs and different prices for different games etc. It's like they have to coerce their "fans" to attend every game.

roadwarrior
04-08-2011, 08:09 PM
I bought some tickets on stubhub and am getting a parking pass with them!

Bison bison
04-08-2011, 09:12 PM
They know how well NDSU draws from past experiences and want to capitalize.

Frankly, it's pathetic the way the Gopher ticketing system is set up, with ticket packs and different prices for different games etc. It's like they have to coerce their "fans" to attend every game.

Profit maximizing bastards!

WYOBISONMAN
04-08-2011, 10:42 PM
I wonder where I can find a ticket.............;)

Wally
04-08-2011, 10:57 PM

Nice. I got 10 tix for my group in section 101 on stubhubas well. No parking pass unfortunately.

GradBison
04-08-2011, 11:18 PM
Profit maximizing bastards!

I have no problem with profit maximization, but selling tickets for games with "lesser" teams for a lower price, and tying them up with popular games is lame.

A big 10 program should be able to sell all their home games without resorting to ploys.

Gully
04-08-2011, 11:26 PM
I have no problem with profit maximization, but selling tickets for games with "lesser" teams for a lower price, and tying them up with popular games is lame.

A big 10 program should be able to sell all their home games without resorting to ploys.

That's actually been pretty common for awhile. To me it's common sense...charge more for things that are in greater demand.

GradBison
04-09-2011, 03:06 AM
That's actually been pretty common for awhile. To me it's common sense...charge more for things that are in greater demand.

To me, this makes the game event seem to be more about the competition product than your own team.

I guess we have to agree to disagree.

lakesbison
04-09-2011, 05:04 AM
Talked to 3 scalpers at twins game. They said ndsu.gopher fball tickets $200/ticket and it is by far the most asked about game, cuz ndsu people want them and gopher fans are worried they can't get in..Haha

Gully
04-09-2011, 08:50 AM
To me, this makes the game event seem to be more about the competition product than your own team.

I guess we have to agree to disagree.

Well I actually agree with that statement. There is more demand because of the gophers competition, yes. If your point is that's sort of sad for the Gophers I would agree with that as well. I'm just saying they'd be foolish to not take advantage of that. Maybe we're closer to agreeing than it at first seemed?

sambini
04-09-2011, 12:46 PM
my oh my and Nebraska goes to TCF this year to.

GradBison
04-09-2011, 01:29 PM
Well I actually agree with that statement. There is more demand because of the gophers competition, yes. If your point is that's sort of sad for the Gophers I would agree with that as well. I'm just saying they'd be foolish to not take advantage of that. Maybe we're closer to agreeing than it at first seemed?

That was exactly my point. :)

BisonNeil
04-09-2011, 03:18 PM
This whole situation really is pretty amazing when you think about it.

In 2006 the brilliant AD at Minnesota Dumbass Maturi made Iowa fans buy NDSU tickets along with their own game anticipating that the NDSU game would be a low draw. I paid $12 for my $25 seat from a very grateful Hawkeye fan who was pleased to recoup some of his loss.

In 2007 the Gopher athletic department scalped their own tickets and I paid $85 for a prime seat, face value on the ticket was again $25.

This year a friend of mine bought a bunch of tickets and I paid $160 apiece for four seats, all prime, but still a lot of money especially when you consider my Fiesta Bowl seats cost me $220 apiece.

U Minnesota is almost broke, I am not surprised they are trying to make a quick buck here and there.

Twentysix
04-09-2011, 07:17 PM
This whole situation really is pretty amazing when you think about it.

In 2006 the brilliant AD at Minnesota Dumbass Maturi made Iowa fans buy NDSU tickets along with their own game anticipating that the NDSU game would be a low draw. I paid $12 for my $25 seat from a very grateful Hawkeye fan who was pleased to recoup some of his loss.

In 2007 the Gopher athletic department scalped their own tickets and I paid $85 for a prime seat, face value on the ticket was again $25.

This year a friend of mine bought a bunch of tickets and I paid $160 apiece for four seats, all prime, but still a lot of money especially when you consider my Fiesta Bowl seats cost me $220 apiece.

U Minnesota is almost broke, I am not surprised they are trying to make a quick buck here and there.

You mean the state of minnesota is broke, and by association so is there university.

BisonNeil
04-09-2011, 08:56 PM
You mean the state of minnesota is broke, and by association so is there university.

No I mean the university. They have lost 10% of their state budget in each of the last legislative sessions and are looking at another 10% this year. Things are tight at the old U.

Twentysix
04-09-2011, 09:43 PM
No I mean the university. They have lost 10% of their state budget in each of the last legislative sessions and are looking at another 10% this year. Things are tight at the old U.

Is the loss of state budget for the U of M not a direct correlation to the poor economic situation for the state of minnesota? There trying to fix the budget, taking an axe to the University is an easy place for them to start.

SlickVic
04-09-2011, 09:49 PM
I paid $20 on the street smack dab 50 yard line seat in the heart of the golden gopher booster club section 10 rows in front of sid hatman in the box when the bison beat them a few years ago anybody paying more than $50 a seat this years a square imo

TheBisonator
04-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Is the loss of state budget for the U of M not a direct correlation to the poor economic situation for the state of minnesota? There trying to fix the budget, taking an axe to the University is an easy place for them to start.

It's a good thing I'm not an alum or student of a MN State school. They're talking about REALLY cutting the funds from the State U system (moreso than the University of Minn. system). There was whispers not too long ago of possibly shutting down MSUM if the economic situation got worse. I could've gotten my degree fom MSUM, I'm glad I didn't. They already talked about possibly closing down my old high school (merging the district with Hopkins) not too long ago, and if I graduated from MSUM and if those two things happened, I'd be the alum of a defunct high school and a defunct university, and I don't think I could've been able to handle that...

Twentysix
04-09-2011, 09:59 PM
It's a good thing I'm not an alum or student of a MN State school. They're talking about REALLY cutting the funds from the State U system (moreso than the University of Minn. system). There was whispers not too long ago of possibly shutting down MSUM if the economic situation got worse. I could've gotten my degree fom MSUM, I'm glad I didn't. They already talked about possibly closing down my old high school (merging the district with Hopkins) not too long ago, and if I graduated from MSUM and if those two things happened, I'd be the alum of a defunct high school and a defunct university, and I don't think I could've been able to handle that...

Could be worse, atleast you didnt consider, getting your degree from Rasmussen or the University of Pheonix online.

Tatanka
04-09-2011, 10:12 PM
Could be worse, atleast you didnt consider, getting your degree from Rasmussen or the University of Pheonix online.

or UND. Wait, i see you already covered that there at the end of your post. My bad.

EndZoneQB
04-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Actually, Rasmussen is a "decent" business-type school. They actually have regional accreditation like all the state schools, and their credits should transfer. The cost on the other hand...

SlickVic
04-09-2011, 10:29 PM
This girl at the bar the other night was like I'm 30k in the hole for massage thearpy school...I said the hodos over there and the nearest train tracks are over there haha she slapped me

Twentysix
04-09-2011, 10:30 PM
This girl at the bar the other night was like I'm 30k in the hole for massage thearpy school...I said the hodos over there and the nearest train tracks are over there haha she slapped me

Yeap.... When i was graduating one of my friends was considering massage therapy, she was deciding between rasmussen(had a different name then i cant remeber it) or BSC.

whats the price difference for the same degree....I havent the slightest clue if she even finished, were not really friends anymore.

EndZoneQB
04-09-2011, 10:47 PM

Well YEAH. That's not a career. That's something you do if you are already rich, but need something to do during the day. Seriously. I was thinking of more "practical" things from the school. But like I said, might as well go to MSCTC for 1/10th the price. That place is also kind of a joke, but you can pay their prices and get classes at MSUM and NSDU I'm pretty sure.

IzzyFlexion
04-09-2011, 11:04 PM
Yeap.... When i was graduating one of my friends was considering massage therapy, she was deciding between rasmussen(had a different name then i cant remeber it) or BSC.

whats the price difference for the same degree....I havent the slightest clue if she even finished, were not really friends anymore.

I was considering going back to massage therapy school but didn't know if it would make me happy when the coursework came to an end. So I Googled happy ending massage......not realizing I was on "IMAGE SEARCH".
Needless to say, not only did I not learn anything about massage therapy.......I didn't leave the house for 3 days!
-I need help. Thanks in advance.

TAILG8R
04-10-2011, 07:11 PM

Does this parking pass include tailgating?

roadwarrior
04-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Does this parking pass include tailgating?

I guess I won't know until I get it in the mail with the tickets.

lakesbison
04-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Any parking pass u can tailgate with at tcf

GradBison
04-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Just got my two in the nosebleed section 237.

TAILG8R
04-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Section 114 row 10 and 115 row 5 - 8 total so far.

bisonmike2
04-11-2011, 06:41 PM

if she starts dishing out happy endings she could pay off that 30K in no time. :) And how the hell is everyone buying tickets to this? Stub hub? Why not buy direct from the U of M in july 18th? How does stub hub even have any to sell right now?

MNLonghorn10
04-11-2011, 06:49 PM
if she starts dishing out happy endings she could pay off that 30K in no time. :) And how the hell is everyone buying tickets to this? Stub hub? Why not buy direct from the U of M in july 18th? How does stub hub even have any to sell right now?

season ticket holders who renewed and are putting up games they cant make it too for sale.

last years kansas game, hando didnt get the tickets until a few weeks before the game or whatevwe

roadwarrior
04-11-2011, 06:50 PM
The people selling them now are season ticket holders.

duluthbison
04-11-2011, 06:52 PM
So how are you guys getting these tickets? According to the U's website, they don't go on sale until July 18th, unless I am interpreting this wrong.

July 18 at 9:00 a.m. - Pre-sale available to season ticket holders & donors to the following games: Pick Your Pack (see below)
Miami (Ohio)
New Mexico State
North Dakota State
Illinois
July 22 at 5:00 p.m. - Tickets available to the general public online only for the following games:
Pick Your Pack (see below)
Miami (Ohio)
New Mexico State
North Dakota State
Illinois

HandoEX
04-11-2011, 06:55 PM
season ticket holders who renewed and are putting up games they cant make it too for sale.

last years kansas game, hando didnt get the tickets until a few weeks before the game or whatevwe

I wish I got them a few weeks out. I got them the day before we left! What a royal PITA that was.

DO NOT BUY FROM REDLINE TICKETS OUT OF ILLINOIS. Those idiots first accused me of ripping them off because I bought the tickets on Ebay and then a few hours later someone bought them on Stub Hub. Well don't list them twice or remove them when they get sold! Morons!!! Then they "forgot" to mail my tickets so they had to overnight them and they arrived in Fargo the Wednesday night before the game at 6pm, when our caravan was leaving the next day for Lawrence.

bisonmike2
04-11-2011, 07:03 PM
So how are you guys getting these tickets? According to the U's website, they don't go on sale until July 18th, unless I am interpreting this wrong.

July 18 at 9:00 a.m. - Pre-sale available to season ticket holders & donors to the following games: Pick Your Pack (see below)
Miami (Ohio)
New Mexico State
North Dakota State
Illinois
July 22 at 5:00 p.m. - Tickets available to the general public online only for the following games:
Miami (Ohio)
New Mexico State
North Dakota State
Illinois

They way I read that is season ticket holders are selling their own seats now. On July 18th they then have the option of buying additional single game seats.

EndZoneQB
04-11-2011, 07:04 PM

Miami (Ohio)
New Mexico State
North Dakota State
Illinois
Miami (Ohio)
New Mexico State
North Dakota State
Illinois

..............single game tickets...............

roadwarrior
04-11-2011, 07:23 PM

Stub Hub...

MN_BISON
04-11-2011, 08:21 PM
I was on Stub Hub last night, WTF is the deal with the $300+ tickets in the upper level? Saw the same thing on Ticket King.

bisonmike2
04-11-2011, 08:34 PM
I was on Stub Hub last night, WTF is the deal with the $300+ tickets in the upper level? Saw the same thing on Ticket King.

The sellers must be able to set their own price. Can't imagine they'll get any takers on it but who knows.

If you guys want to look elsewhere I heard you can get some good deals on tickets by visiting the Minneapolis Craigslist. The men seeking men section. Weird title for a section that sells tickets but I assume because it's mostly men seeking to buy tickets from men who already have them. Anyway, check it out and good luck!

GradBison
04-11-2011, 09:04 PM
I got mine from Ticket King for about $20 less per ticket than stub hub, tickets were in the same section and row.

I'm not sure if the seller set different prices for different brokers or what the deal was.

EndZoneQB
04-11-2011, 10:10 PM
I got mine from Ticket King for about $20 less per ticket than stub hub, tickets were in the same section and row.

I'm not sure if the seller set different prices for different brokers or what the deal was.

There are probably less fees at Ticket King than at StubHub so the consumer gets the difference.

GradBison
04-12-2011, 02:30 AM
There are probably less fees at Ticket King than at StubHub so the consumer gets the difference.

oops I actually got them from stub hub that was cheaper... ended up paying $20 in fees and shipping.