View Full Version : Swany says...Spring football off to an explosive start

99Bison
04-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Spring football off to an explosive start
Northern Iowa head coach accuses North Dakota State of trying to buy wins

http://www.bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=609

344Johnson
04-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Apparently he didn't know that people leave for greener grass. Or in our case, a much nicer facility, better pay, a great city, and a traditional football power.

This amps me up for that game even more now. I can't wait to see if we can keep their offense under 300 yards now. And maybe gain more than 200 yard of our own on offense.

lakesbison
04-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Uni coach is a desperate fool. We beat him out for turner, Mwill, crockett and LEEVON ......it hurts huh farley?

westnodak93bison
04-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Uni coach is a desperate fool. We beat him out for turner, Mwill, crockett and LEEVON ......it hurts huh farley?

Future recruits will have to think something may not be right at UNI when a DC leaves for a DB coaching position.

MNLonghorn10
04-06-2011, 06:45 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/u-mad1.jpg

CaBisonFan
04-06-2011, 07:04 PM
It shows how worried Farley is about the presence of North Dakota State in 'his' league. He should be. We will be knocking on the door of the conference championship and playoff contention every single year. Being out of contention will be a rare occurance...as is the norm for the Bison. Farley knows it.

bisonmike2
04-06-2011, 07:26 PM
we better beat UNI this year or otherwise all of this "farley is worried about NDSU" crap will make us look really stupid.

lakesbison
04-06-2011, 07:53 PM
U know farley hates ndsu when he allowed 2-3 players to play vs ndsu then allow them to pay their suspension vs ind state. That was anniunced at Teammakers lunch by a coach .

Plus Uni guy taking paschall into the wall and wr Collins swearing at ndsu student section...bunch of thugs with coach farley the #1 thug

walknroehl
04-06-2011, 09:01 PM
Oh wow. Its on! This put this game above the Minnesota game for anticipation for me now.

56BISON73
04-06-2011, 09:06 PM
U know farley hates ndsu when he allowed 2-3 players to play vs ndsu then allow them to pay their suspension vs ind state. That was anniunced at Teammakers lunch by a coach .

Plus Uni guy taking paschall into the wall and wr Collins swearing at ndsu student section...bunch of thugs with coach farley the #1 thug

The NDSU-UNI games have always been ugly. This isnt something new.

EndZoneQB
04-06-2011, 10:30 PM
The NDSU-UNI games have always been ugly. This isnt something new.

I love it. Feels much more natural than any of the other "rivals" in our conference - those seem more "friendly" than anything.

semobison
04-06-2011, 11:05 PM
we better beat UNI this year or otherwise all of this "farley is worried about NDSU" crap will make us look really stupid.

Agreed! This game is much more important than the Gopher game! Until we beat UNI, trash talking about them is foolish! Its time to start taking care of business in the Valley!

Herd
04-06-2011, 11:05 PM
I believe that the hiring situation here was all handled above board, with the DB coach applying for the job instead of NDSU making the first move to pursue him. Can anyone confirm this?

I think bison fans need to let the boys on the field do the talking. We haven't beat UNI, that's a fact. You guy(s) going on UNI's message board to spout off really make our school look bad, and that pisses me off more than Farley acting like an a**. Ya, it's on . . . but we are 0-3, so try to show some respect to the UNI fans.

CaBisonFan
04-06-2011, 11:58 PM

Including a punch to the gut from the UNI player that league officials couldn't see...that being the 'first' punch. No excuse for Pat, but the UNI player wasn't punished for a double-thug performance.

sambini
04-07-2011, 02:56 AM
PL your right... when Wacker in the Hall and the his teammates played them it was a war.

SDbison
04-07-2011, 04:11 AM
I believe that the hiring situation here was all handled above board, with the DB coach applying for the job instead of NDSU making the first move to pursue him. Can anyone confirm this?

I think bison fans need to let the boys on the field do the talking. We haven't beat UNI, that's a fact. You guy(s) going on UNI's message board to spout off really make our school look bad, and that pisses me off more than Farley acting like an a**. Ya, it's on . . . but we are 0-3, so try to show some respect to the UNI fans.
Sorry, but the UNI thugs HAVE NOT earned any respect. The Bison need to thump them bad this fall.

344Johnson
04-07-2011, 04:33 AM
Sorry, but the UNI thugs HAVE NOT earned any respect. The Bison need to thump them bad this fall.

Agreed. Just cause you lose to someone doesn't mean you show them any respect. The only way anyone ever earned my respect when I wrestled in high school was if they were humble in victory(usually not a problem), and gracious in defeat(A lot of issues with this).

UNI is a lot like the old Miami Hurricanes of our conference. Lot of swagger, lot of character issues(hey, we aren't ones to talk haha). I think of us more like...maybe an Oklahoma or Nebraska. Or a hybrid of the two O_o??

lakesbison
04-07-2011, 05:07 AM
does everyone forgot that despite gettin sacked 11 times, JOSE still threw a pass into the end zone to TIE that game at the end???

(*and the jackass ref didnt call the pass interference*)

DjKyRo
04-07-2011, 06:38 AM
does everyone forgot that despite gettin sacked 11 times, JOSE still threw a pass into the end zone to TIE that game at the end???

I also recall him throwing two interceptions which certainly didn't help.

westnodak93bison
04-07-2011, 02:16 PM

Do you forget the QB can and is partially responsible for taking sacks?

mebisonII
04-07-2011, 02:34 PM

No doubt. Maybe we can work on getting positive rushing yards this year?

06panther10
04-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Apparently he didn't know that people leave for greener grass. Or in our case, a much nicer facility, better pay, a great city, and a traditional football power.

Do you really believe this stuff?

06panther10
04-07-2011, 02:35 PM

There is not one single factual thing in this post.

Bison Dan
Do you really believe this stuff?

Which one isn't a fact???

06panther10
It shows how worried Farley is about the presence of North Dakota State in 'his' league. He should be. We will be knocking on the door of the conference championship and playoff contention every single year. Being out of contention will be a rare occurance...as is the norm for the Bison. Farley knows it.

how often is "the norm". So far, you guys are 0 for 3.

06panther10
04-07-2011, 02:37 PM

Also not true.

That play was actually the 11th sack. Couldn't even get the pass off...

soupcan
04-07-2011, 02:53 PM
Were is Captain cock sucker these day's anyway??????

bisonmike2
04-07-2011, 05:29 PM

You're right. I counted three.

X-Factor
04-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Momentum has shifted big time....and F@@ley obviously knows it. For crying out loud UNI was given a gift of playing Lehigh at home in the playoffs last year and they were humiliated in every way. We shall see if that is a sign of things to come. Yes, the Bison are 0-3, but our turn is coming and this season could be a rude awakening for the men in purple.

344Johnson
04-07-2011, 07:24 PM

I guess Paschall didn't get run into a wall? and that WR wasn't swearing at the student section?

You sound like that Ahmedinejad guy in Iran saying the holocaust didn't happen.

bisonmike2
04-07-2011, 08:35 PM

http://www.thedailyrash.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/bagdad_bob_large.gif

a UNI player did not force Pat Paschall into the fargodome wall. He was trying to keep him from falling to the ground while pinning him up against the wall. Coach Farley did not move the suspensions of his players past the NDSU game. The players indicated that they were tired after the NDSU game and wanted to take the next game off. Our WR was not swearing at the NDSU student section. He was kindly asking the students if they were enjoying themselves at the game. Coach Farley and UNI are not cheap thugs. They very much like NDSU and are looking forward to another cleanly played and competitive game.

BadlandsBison
04-07-2011, 08:38 PM
http://www.thedailyrash.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/bagdad_bob_large.gif

a UNI player did not force Pat Paschall into the fargodome wall. He was trying to keep him from falling to the ground while pinning him up against the wall. Coach Farley did not move the suspensions of his players past the NDSU game. The players indicated that they were tired after the NDSU game and wanted to take the next game off. Our WR was not swearing at the NDSU student section. He was kindly asking the students if they were enjoying themselves at the game. Coach Farley and UNI are not cheap thugs. They very much like NDSU and are looking forward to another cleanly played and competitive game.

:rofl: :bong: :rofl:

BisonNolesFan77
04-08-2011, 02:33 AM
Cry me a damn river Farley. Welcome to the world of college football, someone would think that he would have known by now that if a program with the resources to go out a pluck a coach from a rival, and who is qualified, is going to go for it every damn time. Worried Farley? See a program with momentum, a program that is giving you some competition in recruiting, a program that has the resources to go out and get a coach off a rivals staff, a program that is the premier football program in their state and doesn't play 3rd fiddle...

Oh, and someone pass along that NDSU doesn't want UNI...they can even keep their tin shed with that sweet garage door...

lakespanther
04-12-2011, 01:49 PM

This amps me up for that game even more now. I can't wait to see if we can keep their offense under 300 yards now. And maybe gain more than 200 yard of our own on offense.

You guys are the 4th team he has coached on in our conference. He won't be there long.