PDA

View Full Version : keys to the offseason update

HerdBot
04-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Offseason update... a few months ago we had a discussion about what we need to happen this offseason. A few items on the list were...

- not losing coaches
- no offseason bad press
- not losing players
- getting a solid recruiting class
- finding good replacements for gratzek and gatlin
- not losing key players to injuries
- seeing improvement out of qb play and receivers
- seeing improvement out of Vigen
- key players who need to have breakout season or show fast improvement... Veldman, Juckem, Perry, Holloway

How have we done so far?
We kept all of our coaches except in the secondary but swiped a good replacement from UNI
No bad press except for a minor. No players leaving except for Jacobs due to injury. Still have a full summer but were on the right track.
No major injuries except Holloway and Jemison but should be ok. Hope to see Holloway heal fast and regain his speed. Need to see the young guys like Gebheart, Vraa, and Wahlo step up. Hope Smith can become a weapon.
Vigen? Jury is still out on him.
Haven't heard any news on Veldman but durability has been his issue and he's only put on 1 pound. Juckem put on 15 pounds, good news. Holloway is hurt. Perry has put on 6 lbs.

looks like Drevlow added 16 lbs. LaVoy is up to 280. Like their chances to contribute.

The entire oline got bigger too and were only in the spring. Heck Richards lost weight but he was kind of fat so that's good.

We got Boyd back which is important and he's in early to participate in spring ball.

So far were looking good this offseason. Let's hope for no major injuries this spring.

SamsRams
04-01-2011, 11:08 PM
I dont see your list for top recruits for 2012??

HerdBot
04-02-2011, 12:03 AM
I dont see your list for top recruits for 2012??

Way too early. I don't pay close attention until later. Although I think we have a few guys who could play as true freshman. The tackle from illinois and one of the corners could play. If they do that means someone got hurt.

IzzyFlexion
04-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Offseason update... a few months ago we had a discussion about what we need to happen this offseason. A few items on the list were...

- not losing coaches
- no offseason bad press
- not losing players
- getting a solid recruiting class
- finding good replacements for gratzek and gatlin
- not losing key players to injuries
- seeing improvement out of qb play and receivers
- seeing improvement out of Vigen
- key players who need to have breakout season or show fast improvement... Veldman, Juckem (also better be working on growing that Bret Keisel beard), Perry, Holloway

Added an item to you your good bullet points.

westnodak93bison
04-02-2011, 01:35 PM
This has to be the deepest team we have ever had imho. The roster looks very solid on paper.

unbison
04-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Way too early. I don't pay close attention until later. Although I think we have a few guys who could play as true freshman. The tackle from illinois and one of the corners could play. If they do that means someone got hurt.

Or they that good!

KilldeerBison
04-02-2011, 02:39 PM
One of the concerns about Mohler is size, he just hasn't added any since comming to NDSU. It looks like he has added 13 lbs from this time last season, this should help him. Hopefully, he can add even more muscle before next fall. This years roster has him at 6', 183lbs.

westnodak93bison
04-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Who is Connor Roach? DB from Denver, CO listed in the roster?
I did some digging online and didn't find much.

AEBison1998
04-02-2011, 04:48 PM
Maybe he's the next John Pike.

http://www.connerroach.com/?page_id=17

2nd team all conference

Da_Bison
04-02-2011, 05:38 PM
Who is Connor Roach? DB from Denver, CO listed in the roster?
I did some digging online and didn't find much.

Cherry Creek is a power house for football here in Colorado, been ranked nationally many times through the years so he's gotta be good. How good and what level he can play, who knows, guess we'll find out.

HerdBot
04-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Maybe he's the next John Pike.

http://www.connerroach.com/?page_id=17

2nd team all conference

Seems to be a great tackler with very quick feet. Could be a good player. Why is he listed as a redshirt freshman?? Did he transfer and use his redshirt year?

perthbison
04-03-2011, 10:38 AM
One of the concerns about Mohler is size, This years roster has him at 6', 183lbs.

Looks closer to 165 to me.:)