PDA

View Full Version : Position Moves

DjKyRo
04-01-2011, 07:11 AM
Figured there are enough of these reported that it was prudent to have a place to talk changes. A few of those reported:

Tyler Gimmestad -> O-line.
Kyle Emmanuel -> D-end (pretty old)
Ryan Smith -> slot receiver
Wes Hudson -> RB

Any I missed? And anyone else LOVE the move of Smith to the slot spot? Kid is fast as heck and after what DJ did to the passing game this last season you gotta love the coaches connecting the dots.

Herd
04-01-2011, 08:08 AM
Seems like the Gimme move leaves us thin at DL. I expected him to get minutes behind Leevon and Drevlow. Interior DL is the #1 thin spot Imo.

Superfan
04-01-2011, 01:51 PM
I like to go from bottom to doggy....oh. :blush: Thought you were talking about a different "Position Moves." :hide:

HandoEX
04-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Figured there are enough of these reported that it was prudent to have a place to talk changes. A few of those reported:

Wes Hudson -> RB

Any I missed? And anyone else LOVE the move of Smith to the slot spot? Kid is fast as heck and after what DJ did to the passing game this last season you gotta love the coaches connecting the dots.

Voigtlander to punter
Perez to receiver (possibly)
Powell-Calhoun to DE

westnodak93bison
04-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Seems like the Gimme move leaves us thin at DL. I expected him to get minutes behind Leevon and Drevlow. Interior DL is the #1 thin spot Imo.

Sounds like Anthony LaVoy may be an answer?

bisonmike2
04-01-2011, 03:10 PM

Wes Hudson -> RB

Was Smith being permanently moved to slot, or just to the slot in certain circumstances? I was under the impression that he would only occasional line up in the slot. Not that it matter all too much right now because he wasn't getting a ton of carries.

DjKyRo
04-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Was Smith being permanently moved to slot, or just to the slot in certain circumstances? I was under the impression that he would only occasional line up in the slot. Not that it matter all too much right now because he wasn't getting a ton of carries.

I was given to understand it's a fairly big move time-wise and that he wouldn't be getting a whole lot of carries out of the backfield.

Notorious
04-01-2011, 03:24 PM
So...someone predict which QB will move...besides Perez. Does Mohler move to slot?...Thorton to FS?...or do they all stay at QB for one more Fall?

BisonNeil
04-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Although not as big a move as the others mentioned, Perry is moving over to fill Gratzek's spot at DT so someone else will be the nosepeg.

I was told Littlejohn was also being moved to DE but the press did not report that.

as

KTF
04-01-2011, 03:59 PM
I like the Smith move to the slot position. He is exceptional in the open field with his great field vision. How are his hands?

bisonmike2
04-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Although not as big a move as the others mentioned, Perry is moving over to fill Gratzek's spot at DT so someone else will be the nosepeg.

I was told Littlejohn was also being moved to DE but the press did not report that.

as

another player to DE? It seems like all we have are DE's and QB's.

HerdBot
04-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Seem like good moves. They have updated positons on the website.

Smith to the slot is great. He's super fast, quick, and a playmaker. A little undersized to be a feature back so this gives him extra touches. I can see him starting in the backfield next to DJ and moving to the slot to exploit matchups. Will be great on the bubble screen, quick slants & hitches, and running outside.

Kyle Emmanuel is apparently one of the strongest guys on the field and extremely quick. He's got the size to play DE. Would be a great pass rusher. Played runningback in high school and ran track so he's obviously quite the athlete. Not sure if he will see a ton of time this year since we're loaded at ends with Jirek, Boyer, & Stoczynski. Hagen saw some playing time last year too. I could see him push Stoczynski & Hagen. Leuke returns from a knee injury as well. Carlton Littlejohn seems to undersized to play end but we'll see. He's still listed as a linebacker. Maybe a good blitzing linebacker?

Voightlander is listed as punter / RB. Not sure what to think about that but I'm sure we're not going to put him in a positon to fail. Like the idea of having a legitimate guy who can run the ball

Wes Hudson - Good guy to try at running back in a few years but don't see him seeing the field much with the cluster of talent we have. DJ is clearly the guy. Ojuri is very talented. Sigers is a weapon. So is Smith who will see time probably at running back and slot back. Lang is a great short yardage back. They must think a lot of all these guys if they are willing to put a solid backup in Voightlander on the field as a punter. Hudson is certainly talented.

Tyler Gimmestad . Suprised to see him move to O line. We seem to have more players at Oline than D-tackle. Tons of guys on the o line but we're graduating 4 or 5 this year so he's probably in the mix for the long term.

LaVoy has bulked up to 6' 4'', 280 and according to a few guys here is an incredible athlete. Obviously many are high on Drevlow who got some great experience playing last year. Leevon Perry played well as a freshman. The wildcard is Justin Juckemk, who is probably the most highly touted. Last year was his first time playing tackle but he's had a year to get ready. That's 4 guys for 2 positions. Could see Mike Schaaf or Emmanual slide into the middle once in a while.

O-line still looks deeper than the Dline with Heinz, Richards, Turner, Cornick, and Lund with starting experience and other talent in Jerve, Boen Anderson, and Beckius has starting experience. Britt has a shot a playing.

Perez to receiver? The only guarantee is he's not going to contribute much at QB unless we have a rash of injuries and since he's a sr and we need help in the secondary why not give him a shot?

Powell-Calhoun to DE? He's got the size to do it. I was hoping he would see the field on offense but we are loaded at WR with young guys. I was hoping he would play TE. I think it's a numbers game. We are losing 2 DE's this year and we need bodies.

KTF
04-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Seem like good moves. They have updated positons on the website.

Smith to the slot is great. He's super fast, quick, and a playmaker. A little undersized to be a feature back so this gives him extra touches. I can see him starting in the backfield next to DJ and moving to the slot to exploit matchups. Will be great on the bubble screen, quick slants & hitches, and running outside.

Kyle Emmanuel is apparently one of the strongest guys on the field and extremely quick. He's got the size to play DE. Would be a great pass rusher. Played runningback in high school and ran track so he's obviously quite the athlete. Not sure if he will see a ton of time this year since we're loaded at ends with Jirek, Boyer, & Stoczynski. Hagen saw some playing time last year too. I could see him push Stoczynski & Hagen. Leuke returns from a knee injury as well. Carlton Littlejohn seems to undersized to play end but we'll see. He's still listed as a linebacker. Maybe a good blitzing linebacker?

Voightlander is listed as punter / RB. Not sure what to think about that but I'm sure we're not going to put him in a positon to fail. Like the idea of having a legitimate guy who can run the ball

Wes Hudson - Good guy to try at running back in a few years but don't see him seeing the field much with the cluster of talent we have. DJ is clearly the guy. Ojuri is very talented. Sigers is a weapon. So is Smith who will see time probably at running back and slot back. Lang is a great short yardage back. They must think a lot of all these guys if they are willing to put a solid backup in Voightlander on the field as a punter. Hudson is certainly talented.

Tyler Gimmestad . Suprised to see him move to O line. We seem to have more players at Oline than D-tackle. Tons of guys on the o line but we're graduating 4 or 5 this year so he's probably in the mix for the long term.

LaVoy has bulked up to 6' 4'', 280 and according to a few guys here is an incredible athlete. Obviously many are high on Drevlow who got some great experience playing last year. Leevon Perry played well as a freshman. The wildcard is Justin Juckemk, who is probably the most highly touted. Last year was his first time playing tackle but he's had a year to get ready. That's 4 guys for 2 positions. Could see Mike Schaaf or Emmanual slide into the middle once in a while.

O-line still looks deeper than the Dline with Heinz, Richards, Turner, Cornick, and Lund with starting experience and other talent in Jerve, Boen Anderson, and Beckius has starting experience. Britt has a shot a playing.

Perez to receiver? The only guarantee is he's not going to contribute much at QB unless we have a rash of injuries and since he's a sr and we need help in the secondary why not give him a shot?

Powell-Calhoun to DE? He's got the size to do it. I was hoping he would see the field on offense but we are loaded at WR with young guys. I was hoping he would play TE. I think it's a numbers game. We are losing 2 DE's this year and we need bodies.

A co-worker of mine from the Marshall area refs HS football and when he heard that Tyler Gimmestad was going to be a D-lineman he was surprised as Tyler was a stronger O-line guy then d-line guy in HS. Maybe he has better natural instincts for the O-line?

HerdBot
04-01-2011, 07:13 PM
A co-worker of mine from the Marshall area refs HS football and when he heard that Tyler Gimmestad was going to be a D-lineman he was surprised as Tyler was a stronger O-line guy then d-line guy in HS. Maybe he has better natural instincts for the O-line?

Who knows. We seem to need DT's more.

I'm suprised we didn't go after a Juco at DT this year but maybe it's because the coaches know something we don't know about Perry, Juckem, Drevlow, & LaVoy. Or else it's because they couldn't find a guy who fits the system and can get through the clearinghouse?

Lots of pressure on these DT's to perform.

ndsubison1
04-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Voigtlander to punter
Perez to receiver (possibly)
Powell-Calhoun to DE

Or DB like I predicted

bisonmike2
04-01-2011, 08:11 PM
Voitlander is seriously moving to punter? I thought that was an April fools joke. Really? A punter?

X-Factor
04-02-2011, 12:52 AM
Voitlander is seriously moving to punter? I thought that was an April fools joke. Really? A punter?

You obviously havn't seen the guy punt

bisonmike2
04-02-2011, 03:08 AM
You obviously havn't seen the guy punt

No I haven't but I've seen the guy run and I liked what I saw.

Twentysix
04-02-2011, 04:45 AM

Pretty sure drago wasnt a punter when he came in. WR i think.

EndZoneQB
04-02-2011, 04:47 AM
No I haven't but I've seen the guy run and I liked what I saw.

Backfield is too deep. Using a guy as a punter/backup capable RB is EXCELLENT value at the FCS level. We have plenty of talent in our backfield, if we get thin, he can still run the ball for us.

BadlandsBison
04-02-2011, 04:59 AM
Backfield is too deep. Using a guy as a punter/backup capable RB is EXCELLENT value at the FCS level. We have plenty of talent in our backfield, if we get thin, he can still run the ball for us.

Just hope that he doesn't get hurt. Wonder who the emergency punter is?

IzzyFlexion
04-02-2011, 11:16 AM

Is there another Obarski kid out there.......anywhere?:)

westnodak93bison
04-02-2011, 01:34 PM

We have a stud true freshman from IL coming this fall. Maybe he will be here this summer.

bisoningrandforks
04-03-2011, 02:31 AM
roster shows Jukem now at 282lbs...wow!.....

bisoningrandforks
04-03-2011, 02:32 AM
my bad...Juckem

ndsubison1
04-03-2011, 05:01 AM
im very surprised that theyre keeping hudson at rb. but what do i know. maybe that means he has some serious potential there. hopefully we have a few guys step up behind pierre and mwill at corner

344Johnson
04-03-2011, 03:29 PM
I like the Smith move to the slot position. He is exceptional in the open field with his great field vision. How are his hands?

Well he ran a wheel route against me in high school and got a 45 yard reception out of the deal. So at least he caught that one haha

roper1313
04-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Well he ran a wheel route against me in high school and got a 45 yard reception out of the deal. So at least he caught that one haha

Leucke has been moved to DT. Apparently the coaches thought he was the only DE with the body to move to the inside.

BigBison99
04-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Leucke has been moved to DT. Apparently the coaches thought he was the only DE with the body to move to the inside.

Juckem was moved last year to DT and has grown in size tremendously! 282lbs! Now he just needs he's mental game to kick in and I think he'll be a good player for the Bison program. Maybe Leucke can grow as well, any one know how he has recovered from his injury?

Herd Mentality
04-05-2011, 04:59 PM
Voit to punter still has my head spinning.

Cue old whiny ball coach in 3....2....1

:duel:

Leonardite
04-05-2011, 05:19 PM

as

Littlejohn to LB. I believe that was on the Media Blog.

DjKyRo
04-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Littlejohn to LB. I believe that was on the Media Blog.

Believe they did experiment with him at DE his redshirt year but he was lining up at LB yesterday (had a nice pick too) and is listed as a LB on the roster. Looked good out there.

westnodak93bison
04-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Believe they did experiment with him at DE his redshirt year but he was lining up at LB yesterday (had a nice pick too) and is listed as a LB on the roster. Looked good out there.

Maybe in certain situations the D will go with a smaller "speed" rusher at DE?

DjKyRo
04-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Maybe in certain situations the D will go with a smaller "speed" rusher at DE?

It worked for Von Miller at Texas A&M (not that I'm comparing Littlejohn to a top-ten draft pick).

roper1313
04-05-2011, 08:37 PM
Juckem was moved last year to DT and has grown in size tremendously! 282lbs! Now he just needs he's mental game to kick in and I think he'll be a good player for the Bison program. Maybe Leucke can grow as well, any one know how he has recovered from his injury?

From what I've heard he's 100%, but do you ever know until your faced with full-speed and contact drills?

BigBison99
04-06-2011, 12:26 AM
From what I've heard he's 100%, but do you ever know until your faced with full-speed and contact drills?

that's very true... hope he can have a great come back!
What about Brock Gion and his recovery?

#TEAMBISON651
04-10-2011, 02:17 AM

Wes Hudson -> RB

Wes Hudson move to RB kinda shocked me but after watching him these pass couple of days I really think he is gonna be a great player in the near future!

2910Bison
04-10-2011, 03:23 AM
Smith = Knoblauch = overrated!

Kermit
04-10-2011, 04:30 AM
Smith = Knoblauch = overrated!

Disagree. I've seen parts of each of the first 3 spring practices. Smith has looked very good in the slot. He is running good routes and catching the ball well. He is also clearly the best punt returne