PDA

View Full Version : Are you guys ever going to.................

ALPHAGRIZ1
03-27-2011, 05:54 AM
Pick a QB?

:hungry:

4mcruenomore
03-27-2011, 05:59 AM
Jose Jose Jose Jose,......Jose,Jose,....lather, rinse, repeat.

DjKyRo
03-27-2011, 06:13 AM
We like the "keep the opponent guessing" strategy.

BlueBisonRock
03-27-2011, 06:17 AM
Pick a QB?

A number of us have done this. Unfortunately, opinions are diverse and do not necessarily align with the coaching staff.

TheDoctor
03-27-2011, 06:23 AM
Brock "The Jock" Jensen! ;)

Kermit
03-27-2011, 06:23 AM
Pick a QB?

All things in due time. "Pick a QB" season will soon be followed by "pick a QB apart" season.

duluthbison
03-27-2011, 06:25 AM
All things in due time. "Pick a QB" season will soon be followed by "pick a QB apart" season.

I thought that was after the customary "pick a new coach season."

Bison Dan
03-27-2011, 12:29 PM
Have the Griz?

Herd
03-27-2011, 02:40 PM
We could ask you when the Griz are going to start traveling OOC, or when you are going to stop playing DII's . . . but we won't. I think we've picked a QB, that would be Jensen, with Thornton and Jose fighting for #2.

sambini
03-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Have the Griz? Nate Montana...

SDbison
03-27-2011, 03:14 PM
Pick a QB?

I believe by the next time the Bison play the Griz a consistently great QB should be starting. In the meantime who knows as the weak spot on the coaching staff is the QB coach and offensive coordinator.

CaBisonFan
03-27-2011, 03:28 PM
Pick a QB?

We have a dilemma on our hands. 3 or 4 outstanding prospects at QB, including Brock Jensen, who played pretty well in his freshman year. Beats the alternative, which we had become familiar with after Steve Walker graduated.

When is Montana going to travel to Fargo? It's been a while.

bisoningrandforks
03-27-2011, 03:28 PM
To SDbison........DITTO.............................. ..

X-Factor
03-27-2011, 04:09 PM
We have a dilemma on our hands. 3 or 4 outstanding prospects at QB, including Brock Jensen, who played pretty well in his freshman year. Beats the alternative, which we had become familiar with after Steve Walker graduated.

Montana is already on the schedule with a date set and everything. No kickoff time yet :cool: I believe this was reported quite a while ago

http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=11844&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&Q_SEASON=2014

bisonhp330
03-27-2011, 04:48 PM
Jose Jose Jose Jose,......Jose,Jose,....lather, rinse, repeat.

i,too, would feel like showering after chanting that.......:facepalm:

lakesbison
03-27-2011, 04:52 PM
All Jose.does is win. 1-0 in playoffs!!!

westnodak93bison
03-27-2011, 05:52 PM

lakes, you have to admit he had some lapses in decision making. IMHO, that is what hurt him. If he can fix that issue he could press for time imho.

mnriverbison
03-27-2011, 06:55 PM
For some reason my mind keeps telling me that Brock will be the guy.

Either way, is there really any point in publicly naming a starter this early unless you are 100% sure?

DjKyRo
03-27-2011, 07:25 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's awesome.

ALPHAGRIZ1
03-27-2011, 08:58 PM
Have the Griz?

Nope we are playing the same game you guys are.

Jordan Johnson and Gerald Kemp are probably the 2 that are at the front of the pack right now. My money would be on Johnson hes simply the more accurate of the two.

Kemp is a stud and played RB the last half of the season last year, he may be the best athlete on the team. Very athletic kid just doesnt throw the ball as good as I would want my QB too.

ALPHAGRIZ1
03-27-2011, 09:05 PM

We are scheduled to play you guys in 2012 or 2013 I think. Either way I cant wait to come over there and whip some ass in the dome.

I am glad you guys are finally another force out here to be dealt with, it sucks that there are no other teams out west that are consistent like NDSU. Sure there are teams that have one good year every decade but none that do it year in and year out.

It wil be awesome to come to the dome and tailgate with NDSU fans, you know how to do it up right.

WRSDBison
03-27-2011, 09:23 PM
Nate Montana...

As a Notre Dame fan, this would make my day.

Nate Montana's statistics while at Pasadena City CC.

Montana,Nate 5 62.29 88-31-5 35.2 324 2 25 64.8

GP Effic Att-Cmp-Int Pct Yds TD Lng Avg/G

ALPHAGRIZ1
03-27-2011, 09:42 PM
Montana is a name only, he doesnt look very good right now in practice, granted its early but hes not even in the top 5 at QB IMO.

There is no reason he should start unless its political.

Actually has been some talk about him switching to play safety for us, but I dont think thats reality.

CaBisonFan
03-28-2011, 03:00 AM
Montana is already on the schedule with a date set and everything. No kickoff time yet :cool: I believe this was reported quite a while ago

http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=11844&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&Q_SEASON=2014

Sorry...I forgot to remember...:cool: When is it? And where?

ALPHAGRIZ1
03-28-2011, 03:50 AM
We play North Dakota in 2013

I thought we had a game scheduled with NDSU but it seems we dont. That sucks.

EndZoneQB
03-28-2011, 05:19 AM

http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=11844&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&Q_SEASON=2015

Tatanka
03-28-2011, 12:51 PM

Imagine the surprise (and disappointment) of the rest of the Big Sky conference when they figure out which North Dakota school is on their schedules in all sports.

BadlandsBison
03-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Imagine the surprise (and disappointment) of the rest of the Big Sky conference when they figure out which North Dakota school is on their schedules in all sports.

Just pretend like you don't know them.:hide:

tjbison
03-28-2011, 01:17 PM

Actually talked to a Northern Colorado Alum in the Denver Airport awhile back and he thought it was NDSU moving to the BSC and he was happy, I told him sorry dude you get the team with no name and he just went oh.....crap

Twentysix
03-28-2011, 02:23 PM

http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=11844&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&Q_SEASON=2015

Too long

344Johnson
03-28-2011, 03:45 PM
As a Notre Dame fan watching Nate Montana was extremely unnerving. He was BAD. Not just a poor Notre Dame quarterback, but a bad quarterback in general. He had a bad arm, seemed to be pretty average athlete, not a whole lot to be excited about.
As for Montana coming to Fargo, I have no idea? I'll talk what everyone else says. I'd like to see this sooner rather than later. Two traditional football powerhouses, gotta love it.

As for UND going to the BSC, I am very sorry Montana fans, or maybe happy for you guys, in that you'll get a program that isn't exactly big into sports other than skating around. The fans won't travel well, the product on the field won't show a lot of talent, and you won't be able to develop a rivalry with them.

EndZoneQB
03-28-2011, 04:35 PM
As for Montana coming to Fargo, I have no idea? I'll talk what everyone else says. I'd like to see this sooner rather than later. Two traditional football powerhouses, gotta love it.

....you serious clark? It has been posted in this thread literally 3-4 times already...

THEsocalledfan
03-28-2011, 05:52 PM
As for UND going to the BSC, I am very sorry Montana fans, or maybe happy for you guys, in that you'll get a program that isn't exactly big into sports other than skating around. The fans won't travel well, the product on the field won't show a lot of talent, and you won't be able to develop a rivalry with them.

Why, last time I checked, you need so many wins to get playoff bids and it sure beats their D2 games they like the play. UND is the perfect patsy they will get to pound every year with absolutely no fear of retaliation they face with other teams.

344Johnson
03-28-2011, 07:14 PM
....you serious clark? It has been posted in this thread literally 3-4 times already...

Eh, I was mostly scimming through and saw something about it being UND on their schedule or something like that.

344Johnson
03-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Why, last time I checked, you need so many wins to get playoff bids and it sure beats their D2 games they like the play. UND is the perfect patsy they will get to pound every year with absolutely no fear of retaliation they face with other teams.

Always want more quality in your conference. Makes your conference look better, and then you can get away with losing another game or two and still make the playoffs.

bisonmike2
03-28-2011, 07:29 PM
as for the original question, are we ever going to pick a qb? No, we are not. Next question.

mnriverbison
03-28-2011, 07:38 PM
Always want more quality in your conference. Makes your conference look better, and then you can get away with losing another game or two and still make the playoffs.

^^^^^^^^^
What he said.

Much rather enter the playoffs battle tested with a loss or two than steamroll a cupcake schedule, and you can only get away with it if your schedule gets national respect.

THEsocalledfan
03-28-2011, 09:33 PM

My goodness, Johnson, your logic is 100% correct IF you are talking about NDSU.

We are talking about the U of Montana where they like the cupcakes and it is better for them the their D2 business.

344Johnson
03-29-2011, 01:22 AM
My goodness, Johnson, your logic is 100% correct IF you are talking about NDSU.

We are talking about the U of Montana where they like the cupcakes and it is better for them the their D2 business.

haha love it. I do enjoy that we don't back down to playing FBS games(winnable ones only of course, who gives a shit about a big paycheck if you get killed), and are always looking to play at worst a decent OOC schedule. I will be honest I do not know the circumstances surrounding Montana scheduling a D2 school but you'd think usually you can fill a schedule without having to take a game like that.

As for quarterbacks, I want Jensen, backed up in my dream scenario by Esley because that'd mean he improved enough to catch up to Jose. Hell if he started that'd be fine too because that'd mean theoretically that he is at least better than Jensen's play from last season and that we are for sure getting an upgrade at the position.

I'd like to advise the Grizzly's to worry more about beating Montana State and EWU because if they can't get to the playoffs then who is playing quarterback for the herd doesn't matter to them. :)

And while we are on a big-exposure thread, I'd like to say lets put the Whioux on the schedule for a home and home series so we can put it to rest for good. Of course wait for them to be full D-1 so they have no excuse when we run over them back-to-back years by scores of 35-10(FargoDome) and 42-13(Alerus Hangar)

perthbison
03-29-2011, 01:56 AM
[QUOTE=344Johnson;486291

And while we are on a big-exposure thread, I'd like to say lets put the Whioux on the schedule for a home and home series so we can put it to rest for good. Of course wait for them to be full D-1 so they have no excuse when we run over them back-to-back years by scores of 35-10(FargoDome) and 42-13(Alerus Hangar)[/QUOTE]

It does make sense to play the sioux.It is a low cost away game and both places would sell out. It'd be better than playing a northeastern cupcake team. There would have to be an agreement on plenty of tailgating spaces for the Bison at their place though. This would stop more waste of time legislature bills too, that UND has been making a habit of.

BlueBisonRock
03-29-2011, 02:02 AM
It does make sense to play the sioux.It is a low cost away game and both places would sell out. It'd be better than playing a northeastern cupcake team. There would have to be an agreement on plenty of tailgating spaces for the Bison at their place though. This would stop more waste of time legislature bills too, that UND has been making a habit of.

I suspect a bill would be proposed stating the GFCCC to be declared the winner of any such contest regardless of the score. Subsections would declare this to be the result of going toe to toe and placing real value on a morale victory. :facepalm2:

perthbison
03-29-2011, 02:16 AM
I suspect a bill would be proposed stating the GFCCC to be declared the winner of any such contest regardless of the score. Subsections would declare this to be the result of going toe to toe and placing real value on a morale victory. :facepalm2:

This would be a whale of a footballgame. Imagine playing the team that went toe to toe with Boise. Crazy speed too. I decided that dispite the risk of being blown out (heh heh) I want to play them cause even at their place it's kind of like a home game, as long as they guarantee us plenty of space to tailgate.:)

rockybison
03-29-2011, 04:23 AM
I have no problem playing the whoo up there every year in the retractrable roof stadium on espn or abc pre-empting UND (Notre Dame), oops thats on NBC. Geez they have crazy speed, I hope we can go toe to toe. If there is a hockey game on tv and nobody sees it, did it happen?

BadlandsBison
03-29-2011, 05:36 AM
This would be a whale of a footballgame. Imagine playing the team that went toe to toe with Boise. Crazy speed too. I decided that dispite the risk of being blown out (heh heh) I want to play them cause even at their place it's kind of like a home game, as long as they guarantee us plenty of space to tailgate.:)

It would be fun to play them soon. Any potential to next year?

344Johnson
03-29-2011, 01:40 PM
I wouldn't want to play them as soon as next year, if they lost they'd say they clearly are playing at a huge disadvantage because we are full division 1 already and if they won they'd say were at a disadvantage and somehow won anyway...I'd rather play them when they have no excuses and we can embarass them on regional television.

Montana Bison
03-29-2011, 04:57 PM
Piss on the flickertails!!! Let's play a Pac-10 school, Oregon State, ....

ALPHAGRIZ1
03-30-2011, 04:21 AM
UM schedules DII schools because of the money we make off home games. Our football team has to support the rest of the University so they take the sure money.

Is sad that our fans line up to watch the Griz play DII schools, if everyone just quit going and watched on TV the AD would get the picture real fast.

I quit going to the DII games 3 or 4 years ago and wont give the U my money anymore for the inferior product we have to play.

CaBisonFan
03-30-2011, 07:01 AM
I wouldn't want to play them as soon as next year, if they lost they'd say they clearly are playing at a huge disadvantage because we are full division 1 already and if they won they'd say were at a disadvantage and somehow won anyway...I'd rather play them when they have no excuses and we can embarass them on regional television.

I agree with this. I'd rather not play them until they've been at full scholarship levels for 2 or 3 years. Then there'd be no excuses on either side. But I think that it'll happen sooner.

bisonpride4ever
03-30-2011, 07:02 AM
unfortunately there will always be excuses from the trucks no matter when we play them.

344Johnson
03-30-2011, 07:26 PM
They'd probably say we grew our astroturf really high to slow down their crazy speed

perthbison
03-30-2011, 11:13 PM
The excuses will come and there will be many. Thats OK. I get a kick out of hearing those too. I'm just looking at the economics of it and envisioning the size of the Bison tailgating layout in their parking lot.:)

Herd
03-30-2011, 11:42 PM

I think if you do the math, it makes more financial sense to play two home money games against any FCS team, than a home-home with the sioux. Now, the better agreement would be a money game agains the sioux, with no return trip. This is NDSU's primary money sport, so playing the sioux needs to be on NDSU terms. Sorry, that's kinda the way it is . . . but I suppose a home-home will be worked out at some point in the future.

Now the cheapest alternative is a money game against a DII (low guarantee) if you can fool your fans into coming to the game. This is where having standards is important, like a NO DII standard. Making the playoff and giving the fans a descent product trumps making a buck. And yes, a lower level DI FCS will alwyas be perceived as a better product than playing a DII, any DII.