PDA

View Full Version : Bison Videos Up & Running Again

CaBisonFan
03-23-2011, 02:22 PM
After looking for Myles Bosch and finding him in the '85 championship game, I decided that it was time to wipe the dust off of my video collection. I'll be working at getting them all uploaded throughout the day. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthDakotaStBison1?feature=mhum

HandoEX
03-23-2011, 02:36 PM
Hell yes, thanks Ca!

herdmember
03-23-2011, 03:24 PM
I'm a subscriber, these are awesome.

BadlandsBison
03-23-2011, 04:06 PM
Who's this Charlie, #41 in the '88 title game? How that guy ever got to play is beyond me:D

CaBisonFan
03-23-2011, 05:33 PM
Who's this Charlie, #41 in the '88 title game? How that guy ever got to play is beyond me:D

I wouldn't put a lot of stock in it...:cool:

MinotBison
03-23-2011, 08:32 PM
Thanks, CA. Alot of great highlights and great memories!

CAS4127
03-23-2011, 09:01 PM
Pretty cool. Have never watched tv versions of past games before.

Thanks, Ca!

DjKyRo
03-23-2011, 09:30 PM
Subscribed! Love that 1990 NDSU-UND game, the show the Bison put on was just great.

TheBisonator
03-24-2011, 01:52 AM
I love watching us beat UND.

sambini
03-24-2011, 01:58 AM
After looking for Myles Bosch and finding him in the '85 championship game, I decided that it was time to wipe the dust off of my video collection. I'll be working at getting them all uploaded throughout the day. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthDakotaStBison1?feature=mhum

Thanks CA++++

4mcruenomore
03-24-2011, 02:00 AM
Is the play in there when Feeney runs it, gets knocked down, and jumps right back up, slapping the UND defender's helmet?

EndZoneQB
03-24-2011, 02:36 AM
The Dana Mogck call brings back memories lol

Wally
03-24-2011, 03:31 AM
after the 2000 playoff win vs UNO...still sticks in my craw

"and the Bison will advance to play Delta St in the semifinals of the NCAA Divison 2 playoffs at a site yet to be determined":mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad::mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad::mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

99Bison
03-24-2011, 04:48 AM
Yea! They are back... they are very motivating.

One thing that is noticeable is people making plays, not easy ones, just getting it done.

CaBisonFan
03-24-2011, 05:36 AM
after the 2000 playoff win vs UNO...still sticks in my craw

"and the Bison will advance to play Delta St in the semifinals of the NCAA Divison 2 playoffs at a site yet to be determined":mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad::mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad::mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

A bizarre twist of 'ncaa' fate (cough). That was a national championship team.

JMB
03-25-2011, 04:08 PM
Hey thanks for posting these again. I can sit and watch option football all day.

One great play I saw was in the 1985 championship game... About 4:30 into the video, Bentrim runs the option near the endzone, pitches the ball and then ends up blocking two guys... Fun to watch.

OrygunBison
03-25-2011, 04:46 PM
These are awesome, CA. Thanks for posting.

Hey, did you ever come across that video for the 1990 Pitt State Semi-final game?

CaBisonFan
03-25-2011, 10:49 PM
Sorry...I deleted all of the vids by accident. They're slowly coming back.:banghead:

EndZoneQB
03-25-2011, 10:59 PM
A bizarre twist of 'ncaa' fate (cough). That was a national championship team.

I agree. So much talent on that team.

Honestly, as much as I love the D-I thing, with more media, etc, there was something about having to listen to the games on the radio on nice fall saturdays with my late father that made me feel thats what being a fan was all about. When there were "big" games on tv, I was outside with my dad with the game on the radio. Something I will definitely never forget.

4mcruenomore
03-26-2011, 12:19 AM
Sorry...I deleted all of the vids by accident. They're slowly coming back.:banghead:

LOL, always the perfectionist, just don't DELETE them!

SDbison
03-26-2011, 03:14 PM
Thanks CA. Appreciate your effort to put all these videos in a place where everyone can access them. A lot of history there. The biggest thing about the offense back in the 1980's was the ability to score almost at will. The offenses back then rarely went 3 and out. Especially compared to the weak offensive performances of the past several years.

CaBisonFan
03-26-2011, 05:11 PM
Thanks CA. Appreciate your effort to put all these videos in a place where everyone can access them. A lot of history there. The biggest thing about the offense back in the 1980's was the ability to score almost at will. The offenses back then rarely went 3 and out. Especially compared to the weak offensive performances of the past several years.

You're welcome. The consistent pounding that we laid upon defenses wore them to submission...and once that happened the flood gates were open. I can't stop watching the teams when Bentrim was the QB. In terms of pure execution, I'd dare say that there's never been a better veer/option QB in college football. Have there been quicker quarterbacks that have run the option? Of course...but no one, and I mean no one ran it better than him. It's a work of art. I love it when he did the really short pitches (almost a handoff). Amazing

bisonpride4ever
03-26-2011, 05:17 PM
On some of those Truck games, you should've put "Sweet Georgia Brown" in the background cause it sure seemed like watching the Globetrotters vs the Generals.

tony
03-28-2011, 05:30 PM
Heh, I love the blizzard bowl footage!

CaBisonFan
03-29-2011, 07:12 PM
Heh, I love the blizzard bowl footage!

Me too. That's gotta be the worst playing conditions that I've ever seen. It really put Bison toughness and desire on display...a true test. Some of the hits on defense were unbelievable.

CAS4127
03-29-2011, 07:33 PM
But it doesn't show the part where Jimmy Dick flipped of Rocky up in the booth when Rocky started taking some starters out later in the game to prevent risk of injury. It showed up on the game tape though, and Jimmy got in just a little bit of trouble for that!

Hey, that's how we rolled back then!

IzzyFlexion
03-29-2011, 11:06 PM
But it doesn't show the part where Jimmy Dick flipped of Rocky up in the booth when Rocky started taking some starters out later in the game to prevent risk of injury. It showed up on the game tape though, and Jimmy got in just a little bit of trouble for that!

Hey, that's how we rolled back then!

Jim was a helluva football player and hit like a freight train.
One thing that I can guarentee is that he didn't lead the NCC in smiles (on or off the field). He always had that look that said....."not only am I ready to kick some ass, chances are I soon will."

bisonwest
03-31-2011, 06:34 PM
Anybody notice on the Fire & Ice remix, about the 6:26 mark. Some truck fan flippin Satter the bird? Classic!