PDA

View Full Version : Fargo Force v. UND

CAS4127
03-15-2011, 07:48 PM
I watch quite a bit of hockey, and read all the newspaper articles on UND and Fargo Force hockey. I was comparing rosters, statistics, and other meaningful numbers the other night, and came to the conclusion that the Force would likely beat UND in a best of 3 series. I didn't come up with any blowouts, but I'm estimating/calculating that the Force would not only win the series, but would out score UND by a total of 15-9 or so.

Thoughts??

BadlandsBison
03-15-2011, 07:51 PM
My thoughts are that I would pay to watch.

lakesbison
03-15-2011, 07:52 PM
Who cares.....snowbank Danny did both.....also 14 (21-24year old Canadians SHOULD win in D3 college hockey vs 18-19year olds)

Notorious
03-15-2011, 07:57 PM
Who cares.....14 (21-24year old Canadians SHOULD win in D3 college hockey vs 18-19year olds)

Lakes has a point about und having the experience/age advantage, but I think it would be fun to see...

I think you're a little skewed in your prediction, but I would bet the Force would take the series 2-1.

CAS4127
03-15-2011, 08:04 PM
Lakes has a point about und having the experience/age advantage, but I think it would be fun to see...

I think you're a little skewed in your prediction, but I would bet the Force would take the series 2-1.

But, by my calculations and observations, the Force win with overall, better team speed, stamina, and the coaching is about equal, if not favoring the Force somewhat.

This would be a hell of a draw here in Fargo.

TransAmBison
03-15-2011, 08:07 PM
Who wins the "eh" factor?

BadlandsBison
03-15-2011, 08:08 PM
Force would definately win a 3 game series. They would just wear out UND with their much faster play.

CAS4127
03-15-2011, 08:11 PM
Who wins the "eh" factor?

Not sure on that one, but I would doubt UND would take the chance of even scheduling this game, even as a pre-season warm-up, although don't they play the Canadian jr. team?!!

aces1180
03-15-2011, 08:12 PM
Somewhere on SS.com, a head or two just exploded.

TransAmBison
03-15-2011, 08:12 PM
I know of a certain clubsport team that could go "toe to toe" with them.

Notorious
03-15-2011, 08:14 PM
I know of a certain clubsport team that could go "toe to toe" with them.

I would put those 1980's club teams up against teh und...no doubt!

CAS4127
03-15-2011, 08:18 PM

As I recall, NDSU's 80's National Club Champ teams tried to schedule exhibition games against UND, but UND was not interested for some reason, and we even had a bunch of Canadians on those teams--kinda puzzling.

This Force team has some Canadians too, and lots of them are getting looks from the Gophers, CC, NDame, and all the Michigan schools. Hell of a team!!

TransAmBison
03-15-2011, 08:20 PM
Current team vs current team on neutral ice would see teh firetrucks defeated.

HandoEX
03-15-2011, 08:22 PM
My thoughts are that hockey sucks and so do the people that like it.

CAS4127
03-15-2011, 08:25 PM
Current team vs current team on neutral ice would see teh firetrucks defeated.

Exactly my point--my calculations and observations indicate the talent level in D1 hockey is down (considerably I might add) this year.

TransAmBison
03-15-2011, 08:33 PM
Exactly my point--my calculations and observations indicate the talent level in D1 hockey is down (considerably I might add) this year.
I don't know if it is down everywhere, but the WCHA is a joke this year.

roadwarrior
03-15-2011, 08:35 PM

I think lakes has already stated this fact.

CAS4127
03-15-2011, 08:36 PM

Oh, no question about that, which is one of the reasons UND ran away with the title and will easily win the Final Five. Throw the Force into the mix, and they would likely be facing UND in the Final Five championship.

TransAmBison
03-15-2011, 08:38 PM
Oh, no question about that, which is one of the reasons UND ran away with the title and will easily win the Final Five. Throw the Force into the mix, and they would likely be facing UND in the Final Five championship.
Some may argue teh firetruck basketball team is more competitive than teh hockey team. Heck, some on teh hockey team are even allergic to the cold.*

*Too soon?

aces1180
03-15-2011, 08:39 PM
Go Beavers!

*Bandwagon fan represent!

lakesbison
03-15-2011, 08:39 PM
NAIA MERRIMACK , RENESSESLER and UNION are in the top 10 !

How BIG TIME is that?? Gay.

CAS4127
03-15-2011, 08:42 PM
Some may argue teh firetruck basketball team is more competitive than teh hockey team. Heck, some on teh hockey team are even allergic to the cold.*

*Too soon?

Come on TAB, if you don't want to keep this thread focused on serious discussion, then please don't participate. I mean, Jeez, that's just not right--neg reps!

aces1180
03-15-2011, 08:44 PM
I seriously think Minnesota State High School AA champions Eden Prairie could take the Sioux to the limit...Heck, Duluth East could stay with them for a period or two.

CAS4127
03-15-2011, 08:45 PM
NAIA MERRIMACK , RENESSESLER and UNION are in the top 10 !

How BIG TIME is that?? Gay.

Like I said, "D1" hockey "talent" is way down this year, so the fact UND is doing so well has less to do with their overall talentand more to do with lack of talent in their competition. Hence the reason for starting this thread and posing the question.

Notorious
03-15-2011, 08:49 PM
Back on topic, is there even a possibilty that they could play an exhibition game after the season is over...maybe a fundraiser of some kind?

CAS4127
03-15-2011, 08:55 PM
Back on topic, is there even a possibilty that they could play an exhibition game after the season is over...maybe a fundraiser of some kind?

Well, I am positive the Force would be in, but one has to wonder if UND would risk what appears to be a very possible embarrassment. But, you know, they could always fall back on "Well, it was just an exhibition/fund raiser, and Fargo really isn't our home ice", etc. I dont' think many fans, including UND fans, would really put much weight into the Force beating them here in Fargo, tho, so why shouldn't they at least consider it.

Plus, I can't count the number of times UND hockey fans have said "NDSU needs to get hockey"; "Why doesn't NDSU get hockey", etc. My response is that we don't need it and that Fargo already has a very comparable product in the Force.

CAS4127
03-15-2011, 08:58 PM
I seriously think Minnesota State High School AA champions Eden Prairie could take the Sioux to the limit...Heck, Duluth East could stay with them for a period or two.

Agreed--they play very well as a team, and not as individuals like UND sometimes does. Plus they actually have the players who are capable of taking over a game individually if they needed to, whereas I think some of the UND players just think they are capable of doing that.

Tatanka
03-15-2011, 09:08 PM
Hey don't count out West Fargo High School. I mean they can hang with pretty much anyone in the state. Definitely would give UND a run for their money, er, Ralph's money, or is it taxpayer money? Damn, it's probably all three.

By the way, I'm talking about the WF girls' team.

CAS4127
03-15-2011, 09:17 PM
Hey don't count out West Fargo High School. I mean they can hang with pretty much anyone in the state. Definitely would give UND a run for their money, er, Ralph's money, or is it taxpayer money? Damn, it's probably all three.

By the way, I'm talking about the WF girls' team.

Tanka--just like I said to Tranny, if you can't keep the discussion in this thread at least somewhat serious will you please take your childish comments to "Smack Talk" and do battle with AG and or Note and or Superfan.

Back on topic. While, in most years, UND would seem to be the best team in ND, I am just not convinced of that THIS year--coin toss between the Force and UND, at least this year. Plus, you need to keep in mind that UND lost one of their better players, although the numbers indicated he may have been having some puck handling issues at the time.

Answer Guy
03-15-2011, 09:20 PM
http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx89/NDACAnswerGuy/trolling.jpg

TransAmBison
03-15-2011, 09:21 PM
so did teh hoockies :hide:

onbison09
03-15-2011, 09:21 PM

Highly doubt it. That goes for the Force too.

aces1180
03-15-2011, 09:23 PM
http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4289848_f520.jpg

CAS4127
03-15-2011, 09:24 PM

Based upon what? Have your compared numbers, been and or watched both play many, many times and seen the "competition" UND has faced this year??!! Gimme something!!

onbison09
03-15-2011, 09:26 PM
Based upon what? Have your compared numbers, been and or watched both play many, many times and seen the "competition" UND has faced this year??!! Gimme something!!

No I haven't seen the Force. So maybe I shouldn't even talk :D but I'm just guessing that teh ____ have a lot more talent. It would all depend on goaltending but generally NCAA>USHL. And no I'm not going to get into a huge argument but it would be interesting.

CAS4127
03-15-2011, 09:27 PM

What is this?? Was it meant for the Demotivational Thread?

CAS4127
03-15-2011, 09:29 PM
No I haven't seen the Force. So maybe I shouldn't even talk :D but I'm just guessing that teh ____ have a lot more talent. It would all depend on goaltending but generally NCAA>USHL. And no I'm not going to get into a huge argument but it would be interesting.

Exactly. "Generally" but I just don't think that is the case this year. Like I said no blow-out or huge, overall point differential (like 15-9 or so), but still 2-1 series in favor of the Force.

onbison09
03-15-2011, 09:32 PM
You could be right. However, I have seen Eden Prairie and I don't think they would give teh __ much of a game. When Duluth East would hit them, they would back down a little. UND would out physical them.

rustywallace
03-15-2011, 09:35 PM
Are you guys all drunk? Ive been to several force games and 3 UND games and the UND team up there right now would slaughter the force. Frattin would almost beat the force himself. that kid is a force. I think the top line of the force could maybe play third line on the sioux but other than that.

Sioux are #1 in the country. PLayed one of the toughest schedules in the country. Idk if you guys have ever watched a sioux game but do u see how they much they hit and when the hit they hit hard.

A lot of teams get intimidated by the sue and a lot of them back down. sue would win 9 out of ten times. Theres always that one time rigt lakes?? (holy cros)

CAS4127
03-15-2011, 09:42 PM
You could be right. However, I have seen Eden Prairie and I don't think they would give teh __ much of a game. When Duluth East would hit them, they would back down a little. UND would out physical them.

I doubt EP would give them a run, but keep in mind the Force players are all upper echelon high school/soon-2-be college stars.

I wish we could get some UND fans take on this. I gotta run for the day. I check in on this in the morning.

CAS4127
03-15-2011, 09:49 PM
I doubt EP would give them a run, but keep in mind the Force players are all upper echelon high school/soon-2-be college stars.

I wish we could get some UND fans take on this. I gotta run for the day. I check in on this in the morning.

Bump: Before I logged off, I accidentally hit the ss.com favorites icon on my puter. Looks like they are willing to talk about it over there, but won't say anything here. And I don't see any credible evidence, stats or numbers that indicate I am wrong. It's just a bunch of no way, bisonvillers are idiots etc. Typical!!

http://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/15396-whoever-is-having-a-bad-day-should-click-this-link-and/page__pid__495262#entry495262

The_Sicatoka
03-15-2011, 10:32 PM
You guys do understand that Minnesota HS hockey is a feeder to the USHL, and the USHL is a feeder league to NCAA Hockey.

What you guys are saying is that Fargo South or NDSCS would beat NDSU in football.

Tatanka
03-15-2011, 11:28 PM
You guys do understand that Minnesota HS hockey is a feeder to the USHL, and the USHL is a feeder league to NCAA Hockey.

What you guys are saying is that Fargo South or NDSCS would beat NDSU in football.

butfootball? whoa. that's a new one. and i don't know if fargo south would beat und in football, but ndscs would definitely goe toe to toe. if the game was in wahpeton, i'd almost have to pick the wildcats.

back on topic. i'm guessing that in your example, nd hockey feeds minnesota hockey, so UND hockey would lose to, say, warroad? i don't think you're giving your team enough credit.

Ferd
03-15-2011, 11:59 PM
I don't care what anybody says! The force would knock the air out of UND!

Tatanka
03-16-2011, 12:43 AM

Actually, upon further review, I'm somewhat embarrassed to say you are right. As I understand it, when a player is done in the USHL, they tend to go to a school in the NCAA. From what I'm told, the players that don't quite have what it takes in the USHL go to the NCAA schools to get more seasoning (and presumably an education although that seems to be incindental).

bisonbills
03-16-2011, 01:10 AM
Actually, upon further review, I'm somewhat embarrassed to say you are right. As I understand it, when a player is done in the USHL, they tend to go to a school in the NCAA. From what I'm told, the players that don't quite have what it takes in the USHL go to the NCAA schools to get more seasoning (and presumably an education although that seems to be incindental).

What the hell is this sh!t?!? Your first answer was much more enjoyable! :D:D

skolbrother
03-16-2011, 05:46 AM
My thoughts are that hockey sucks and so do the people that like it.

You are the type of Bison fan that puts me through the roof. I have 2 boys that love hockey. I am doing all I can to keep them Bison fans in all things. However, when random idiot adults rip on all things hockey (which happens frequently amongst my fellow Bison) they basically look @ me like "what a d-bag" and I dont blame them, they are kids!! I have opinions on numerous sports but I will never...NEVER pass judment on those that have dedicated thousands of hours to those that have become great @ that sport or those that have cheered for the sport they love. People like you are just so unlike what I would hope for, All the best Skol.

P.S. - I have chosen to stay away from Bisonville as much as possible too much schadenfreude. I am trying to choose mudita. Look forward to fall tailgating together.

GFjimboWF
03-16-2011, 06:37 AM
Having watched almost every Sioux game and taking in 3 Force games to boot, I believe I can safely say that it would take the Force at LEAST 6 games to put up 15 goals on the Sioux. The Sioux are only +73 in the goal differential department, meaning they have scored 73 more goals than the 86 they have given up, thats almost double and extremely impressive, considering the 2nd best differential in the conference is +31.

The Sioux have 7 seniors on their roster that have put up 185 points between them (55 more than any other senior class in the WCHA). Watching the Sioux play its hard not to notice the leadership and the chemistry this class brings to the ice. These guys are so determined to win I don't think there would be a chance in hell for the Force to beat them 2 times in 3 nights. The Sioux just don't lose best of 3 game series, thats why the have been to the Final 5 nine years in a row.

The Sioux have played the second hardest schedule in the country this year, but have the most wins, the Force are not even tops in their division. And why if the talent level is down in the college ranks would it be up in the USHL? Wouldn't college teams be plucking players out left and right. And if you are referring to the young talent not yet eligible for college, there is truly only a handful of players that can come in to college and make a statement their freshman year.

Players go to UND to prepare themselves to play at the next level, because of the business-like approach to hockey in Grand Forks, its the most professional college hockey team you'll find in the sport. Players go to the USHL to prepare themselves to come to UND. I mean really, being from Grand Forks I know that the way the Sioux approach the game rubs off on the kids playing the game around the area, thats why its either Grand Forks or Grafton in the title game every year, its what you strive to be growing up there. I live here in Fargo now and kids here strive to be Bison football players not much emphasis on hockey in the area, thats why you guys can actually talk yourselves into believing that the Force would somehow beat the Sioux by 6 goals in 3 games. You truly just don't understand, stick with what you know.

FYI no 80's club hockey team at NDSU would have ever beaten an 80's Sioux hockey team. Ever.

7 National titles (Div.1)
15 Conference titles

gotts
03-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Having watched almost every Sioux game and taking in 3 Force games to boot, I believe I can safely say that it would take the Force at LEAST 6 games to put up 15 goals on the Sioux. The Sioux are only +73 in the goal differential department, meaning they have scored 73 more goals than the 86 they have given up, thats almost double and extremely impressive, considering the 2nd best differential in the conference is +31.

The Sioux have 7 seniors on their roster that have put up 185 points between them (55 more than any other senior class in the WCHA). Watching the Sioux play its hard not to notice the leadership and the chemistry this class brings to the ice. These guys are so determined to win I don't think there would be a chance in hell for the Force to beat them 2 times in 3 nights. The Sioux just don't lose best of 3 game series, thats why the have been to the Final 5 nine years in a row.

The Sioux have played the second hardest schedule in the country this year, but have the most wins, the Force are not even tops in their division. And why if the talent level is down in the college ranks would it be up in the USHL? Wouldn't college teams be plucking players out left and right. And if you are referring to the young talent not yet eligible for college, there is truly only a handful of players that can come in to college and make a statement their freshman year.

Players go to UND to prepare themselves to play at the next level, because of the business-like approach to hockey in Grand Forks, its the most professional college hockey team you'll find in the sport. Players go to the USHL to prepare themselves to come to UND. I mean really, being from Grand Forks I know that the way the Sioux approach the game rubs off on the kids playing the game around the area, thats why its either Grand Forks or Grafton in the title game every year, its what you strive to be growing up there. I live here in Fargo now and kids here strive to be Bison football players not much emphasis on hockey in the area, thats why you guys can actually talk yourselves into believing that the Force would somehow beat the Sioux by 6 goals in 3 games. You truly just don't understand, stick with what you know.

FYI no 80's club hockey team at NDSU would have ever beaten an 80's Sioux hockey team. Ever.

15 Conference titles

You forgot to end your post with "buthockey."

It's kind of funny to see people coming out of the woodwork and taking everything so literally to defend the hockies up north.

So when you say it's the most professional college team in the sport, do you mean they pay the most? :D

Tatanka
03-16-2011, 01:11 PM

15 Conference titles

Meh, I'd still take the Force in a best of three. And I'd spot UND two goals for each game. I'm betting that after the first shift each period, they'd have to cart off at least one UND player who would be turtled up in the corner refusing to skate back to the bench out of fear.

Notorious
03-16-2011, 01:48 PM
15 Conference titles

#1 in "Div. 1(???)" hockey is like being the best Baldwin brother....

Tatanka
03-16-2011, 01:55 PM
#1 in "Div. 1(???)" hockey is like being the best Baldwin brother....

Or the tallest midget. Wait, is that hostile and abusive?

And I'm not familiar with Div. 1. I am familiar with NCAA Division I. Did UND go off and make its own division? if so, why have they only won it seven times? you would think they'd win it all the time.

GFjimboWF
03-16-2011, 02:01 PM
My bad, I thought you guys were being serious about the Force beating the Sioux. This thread should of had parentheses next to the title (the one where we talk out of the hole not in our face).

Tatanka
03-16-2011, 02:05 PM
My bad, I thought you guys were being serious about the Force beating the Sioux. This thread should of had parenthesis next to the title (the one where we talk out of the hole not in our face).

I don't know about anyone else, but I am absolutely serious. I mean, which parenthesis would you choose? the opening "(" or the closing ")"? Unless, of course, you meant parentheses which would have meant choosing both.

Carry on.

Notorious
03-16-2011, 02:08 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I am absolutely serious. I mean, which parenthesis would you choose? the opening "(" or the closing ")"? Unless, of course, you meant parentheses which would have meant choosing both.

Carry on.

Grammar Nazi...what, are you going to tell him how to spell "turtleneck dicky" next?....

Tatanka
03-16-2011, 02:12 PM
Grammar Nazi...what, are you going to tell him how to spell "turtleneck dicky" next?....

Actually, it's "dickie".

lakesbison
03-16-2011, 02:23 PM
Jimbo. U gonna tell us how to act and what to do on our "reservation"?....oh wait....

GFjimboWF
03-16-2011, 02:38 PM
Once again my bad, I didn't know you guys were joking, considering I haven't seen one reply that is even challenging, with any type of facts as to why you believe this topic to be true, other than when saying div.1 I actually have to spell out I mean NCAA division 1 athletics, and if I misspell a word I'll get ragged on for it. Just thought you guys were capable of arguing with out being petty about, I guess I shouldn't expect any type of enjoyable debate if I'm a Sioux fan.

BisonAccountant44
03-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Since we've established that Fargo's hockies team is now > the firetrucks hockies team, does that mean we assume ownership of butthockey?

Bison"FANatic"
03-16-2011, 02:49 PM
I guess I shouldn't expect any type of enjoyable debate if I'm a Sioux fan.

Ya probably not

We learned along time ago that as soon as you back a Sioux poster into a corner with facts they just start screaming Buthockey, buthockey.

Tatanka
03-16-2011, 02:53 PM
Once again my bad, I didn't know you guys were joking, considering I haven't seen one reply that is even challenging, with any type of facts as to why you believe this topic to be true, other than when saying div.1 I actually have to spell out I mean NCAA division 1 athletics, and if I misspell a word I'll get ragged on for it. Just thought you guys were capable of arguing with out being petty about, I guess I shouldn't expect any type of enjoyable debate if I'm a Sioux fan.

actually, you didn't misspell the word, you just chose the wrong word, which is something you did more than once in your post. I chose to ignore the other instance so as to not be labeled as the grammar police. That, and there's no such thing as NCAA Division 1 athletis--must be a Grand Forks thing.

as for the topic at hand I don't think it's disputable that the Fargo Force would beat UND. Going back in this thread, I do see that Facts has not weighed in as of yet but I have yet to see a compelling argument that supports the notion that any team from Grand Forks would be able to beat the Force in a best-of-three. CAS says they would, and he's a lawyer, so therefore it must be true, if only in his own particular idiom. Isn't that basically the crux of every argument eminating from Grand Forks, or am I missing something? Besides buthockey, but that's implied.

CAS4127
03-16-2011, 02:57 PM
My read by the Sioux posters on this topic is that they are willing to say they would beat the Force, but not all that interested in actually playing the game. Hmmmm?!

GFjimboWF
03-16-2011, 03:00 PM
Ya probably not

We learned along time ago that as soon as you back a Sioux poster into a corner with facts they just start screaming Buthockey, buthockey.

Well good, an understanding, I must be stereotypical talking about hockey in a thread discussing a fictional hockey series, was just trying to take the other side of the issue which usually would make for a healthier debate, but ifyou'dd rather discuss it amongst yourselves, than enjoy playing right into your
stereotype. By the way I have seen no facts that are reality based that would make me even question myself, but i'm in the corner.

Tatanka
03-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Well good, an understanding, I must be stereotypical talking about hockey in a thread discussing a fictional hockey series, was just trying to take the other side of the issue which usually would make for a healthier debate, but ifyou'dd rather discuss it amongst yourselves, than enjoy playing right into your
stereotype. By the way I have seen no facts that are reality based that would make me even question myself, but i'm in the corner.

Thank you for your interest in NDSU and Bison Athletics, by the way. I was careless and didn't formally welcome you to the board.

GFjimboWF
03-16-2011, 03:15 PM
Sir who started this thread you keep mentioning how the Sioux just will not schedule the force (a team whose existence spans 3 years) they don't play because they play on two different levels of hockey that do not schedule one one another. Aside from the USA development teams exhibitional tour of the college circuit what other ushl teams schedule college teams?

Bison"FANatic"
03-16-2011, 03:18 PM

Facts in this thread????????? Not going to happen.:D :D :D :D :D No corners yet but I am sure it would happen at some point and we all know where that would lead.;) ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D

I guess I should have put the ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) in the last thread so you knew how serious I was. :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

CAS4127
03-16-2011, 03:21 PM
Sir who started this thread you keep mentioning how the Sioux just will not schedule the force (a team whose existence spans 3 years) they don't play because they play on two different levels of hockey that do not schedule one one another. Aside from the USA development teams exhibitional tour of the college circuit what other ushl teams schedule college teams?

First bold--just use "OP" = original poster (it's shorter, easier to type, and MOST know what it means).

Second bold--different leagues perhaps, but not different levels (that is the whole premise of why I started this thread).

Third bold--both have exhibition games (that's what I'm talkin about).

GFjimboWF
03-16-2011, 03:26 PM
actually, you didn't misspell the word, you just chose the wrong word, which is something you did more than once in your post. I chose to ignore the other instance so as to not be labeled as the grammar police. That, and there's no such thing as NCAA Division 1 athletis--must be a Grand Forks thing.

as for the topic at hand I don't think it's disputable that the Fargo Force would beat UND. Going back in this thread, I do see that Facts has not weighed in as of yet but I have yet to see a compelling argument that supports the notion that any team from Grand Forks would be able to beat the Force in a best-of-three. CAS says they would, and he's a lawyer, so therefore it must be true, if only in his own particular idiom. Isn't that basically the crux of every argument eminating from Grand Forks, or am I missing something? Besides buthockey, but that's implied.

Well sir, I don't think any argument I make could change your mind because frankly you have no clue what your even talking about. This is the wrong sport for you to pretend you know anything about, stick with what you know. You haven't posted one valid argument about this topic that I haven't scoffed at.

coldspot
03-16-2011, 03:30 PM
Well sir, I don't think any argument I make could change your mind because frankly you have no clue what your even talking about. This is the wrong sport for you to pretend you know anything about, stick with what you know. You haven't posted one valid argument about this topic that I haven't scoffed at.

welcome to Bisonville, you might be in over your head*

*TWSS

GFjimboWF
03-16-2011, 03:33 PM
First bold--just use "OP" = original poster (it's shorter, easier to type, and MOST know what it means).

Second bold--different leagues perhaps, but not different levels (that is the whole premise of why I started this thread).

Third bold--both have exhibition games (that's what I'm talkin about).

Well played you didn't post anything that would lead me to believe you have a clue about anything you've talked about.

GFjimboWF
03-16-2011, 03:37 PM
welcome to Bisonville, you might be in over your head*

*TWSS

Sir, to be in over your head you actually have to be in something of substance.

CAS4127
03-16-2011, 03:49 PM
Well played you didn't post anything that would lead me to believe you have a clue about anything you've talked about.

I've said that about myself somewhere :confused: but can't recall where:hide: . In any event, I can't say that I don't disagree with you implying that this is not a subject that I can't say I know anything about. I haven't seen both teams play competition that is not comparable--just sayin!!

lakesbison
03-16-2011, 03:51 PM
Quit arrogantly oppressing us!!!

coldspot
03-16-2011, 03:51 PM
Sir, to be in over your head you actually have to be in something of substance.

I could think of a substance that bisonville is made of, one that we would usually find ourselves only knee deep in.

GFjimboWF
03-16-2011, 03:53 PM
Last post than I'm out. The point I tried to make in my post is that people here in Fargo typically have no clue what they're talking about in regards to hockey, especially people posting on Bisonville. Your gonna believe what you want but your wrong. That's why I've been the only Sioux fan to take the bait you set out, and you know it. This is a bait thread to get a Sioux fan to bite, I actually believed that when I posted you guys would be down to have a civil discussion about this but the truth is your petty hate for all things north of you cloud your judgement, and pigeon hole anyone who speaks for GF. If you met me you'd like me, but here I'm just another green flag waving member of the buthockey Sioux fan club. Enjoy this nice week we're having, hopefully no one here has to worry about flooding issues. Later.

Tatanka
03-16-2011, 04:01 PM

You assume too much. Way, way, waaaaaaay too much.

And scoff all you want, I will stick to what I know. Although I did learn one thing here. Apparently the "GFjimboWF" standard of argument validity is based on something as arbitrary as scoffing. And by scoffing, I mean wanking.

Oh, and I don't have petty hate for all things north of me. I happen to love the city of Winnipeg.

Bison"FANatic"
03-16-2011, 04:04 PM
I'm just another green flag waving member of the buthockey Sioux fan club,

Congrats the first step in recovery is admitting your problem!!!!!!:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

CAS4127
03-16-2011, 04:08 PM
I see there was a thread about this thread over on ss.com, but it got locked???!!!! Someone implied that this thread was "a textbook example of trolling". While I appreciate teh compliment, I believe sincerely that there was and continues to be very intelligent discussion and dialogue about the question posed by the "OP"!

GFjimboWF
03-16-2011, 04:14 PM
You assume too much. Way, way, waaaaaaay too much.

And scoff all you want, I will stick to what I know. Although I did learn one thing here. Apparently the "GFjimboWF" standard of argument validity is based on something as arbitrary as scoffing. And by scoffing, I mean wanking.

Sir, I didn't assume unless you play dumb. If you would like to have a valid argument on this pm me and we can chat that way you could make fun of my habit of slurring my speech with your wittiness. It would be so witty. So witty.
[jerking off motion]

roadwarrior
03-16-2011, 04:16 PM
Last post than I'm out.....Later.

Looks like you can't stay away very long!

Tatanka
03-16-2011, 04:25 PM
Sir, I didn't assume unless you play dumb. If you would like to have a valid argument on this pm me and we can chat that way you could make fun of my habit of slurring my speech with your wittiness. It would be so witty. So witty.
[jerking off motion]

Do you have any tatoos?

CAS4127
03-16-2011, 04:56 PM
Do you have any tatoos?

That about does it!!!:D

Supersport
03-16-2011, 05:16 PM
I too would also pay to watch, what a great, game(s) that would be.

onbison09
03-16-2011, 05:24 PM

For about 10 minutes till UND broke it open :D I mean srsly I know this was a bait but the Force are third in their division.

CAS4127
03-16-2011, 05:26 PM

Tranny's in trouble--new user "Supersport", as in Chevelle SS--I'd take that over a Tranny any day!

Go Force!!!

coldspot
03-16-2011, 05:28 PM
Tranny's in trouble--new user "Supersport", as in Chevelle SS--I'd take that over a Tranny any day!

Go Force!!!

I hope TWSS

Ferd
03-16-2011, 06:08 PM
I believe the results are in:

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/312509/group/Sports/

;) :D

CAS4127
03-16-2011, 06:13 PM
I believe the results are in:

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/312509/group/Sports/

;) :D

Yep, the ending of the article is exactly what I was saying earlier--speed and athleticism always get the better of tey UND teams (Look at what the Boston teams did to them a few years back when UND was ranked numero uno), even when they have teh crazy speed!!

Answer Guy
03-16-2011, 06:30 PM
All of Hockey = GASF ZERO!!

(Look at what the Boston teams did to them a few years back when UND was ranked numero uno), even when they have teh crazy speed!!

That seems pretty attentive for such a low GASF :confused: :p

CAS4127
03-16-2011, 06:36 PM
That seems pretty attentive for such a low GASF :confused: :p

I read the papers AG--give it a try sometime. For example, there is an apartment sized clothes washer that has been advertized in the Forum for $40 for a couple of weeks now--bet you could get it for $30 at this point.:D

BadlandsBison
03-16-2011, 06:41 PM
Looks like you can't stay away very long!

We could only be so lucky.

Answer Guy
03-16-2011, 06:46 PM
I read the papers AG--give it a try sometime. For example, there is an apartment sized clothes washer that has been advertized in the Forum for $40 for a couple of weeks now--bet you could get it for $30 at this point.:D

I don't know about the Forum. Thought there were some mixed reviews on that publication :D

I'll give those "newspapers" a try after I finish reading this book

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showpost.php?p=482808&postcount=104

(You have a phone # on that washer?)

CAS4127
03-16-2011, 06:50 PM
(You have a phone # on that washer?)

Y, you thinkin of volunteerring to wash underwear for Note?!:D If so, remember, it is only an apartment-sized washer, and I doubt it drains that well.

Answer Guy
03-16-2011, 07:56 PM
Y, you thinkin of volunteerring to wash underwear for Note?!:D If so, remember, it is only an apartment-sized washer, and I doubt it drains that well.

He sends his out, from what I've heard.

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx89/NDACAnswerGuy/imagesCAJYSOJE.jpg

Tatanka
03-16-2011, 09:05 PM
[jerking off motion]

Gotcha. Now I see the connection. Hell, I even found a guy who knows all about you... turns out you played hockey in Omaha?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2FtILVqhjw&t=0m30s

I even took the time to find the video clip dubbed in Canadian French, just in case that's how you roll.

Here's the link for us NDAC schlubs who probably think French applies only to fries, a Connection, and kissing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zM6Na3cZz8&t=0m27s

Facts
03-17-2011, 04:49 AM

Your honor, as a jury of one on this matter, I have weighed the evidence, and concluded that the Force would win each game over UND by a score of 5-0.

As rock-solid evidence for this conclusion I would like to direct your honor to exhibit “A”, the factual, not for debate, comparative scoring index (CSI). As your honor certainly knows, the CSI was developed by the current UND football coach as a measure of moral victories. However, the accuracy of the CSI is dependent on the degrees of separation of the common opponent. The CSI ratio for the Fargo Force vs. UND is 1 because both the Force and UND have played the USHL U18 team this season. The Force own a +6 goal differential over Team USA this season with two victories (6-1 and 2-1). UND has a +1 goal differential over Team USA this season with one victory (2-1). Mathematically, the force would win by 5 goals.

The jury rests.

rockybison
03-17-2011, 06:31 AM
Both of my daughters play hockey for fun. My nephew plays passionately for a AAA team in Colorado. His parents spend 15k a year for him to play. Ten out of state tourneys a year, including Sweden, mostly Canada. He's 11. He is being tracked as a top 20 99 and hopes, and I say hopes, to play USHL. Then prays to the gods above he can go D1. NHL is powerball territory. Sioux hockey is awesome and I hate UND. My nephews dream is D1, I hope he gets there with the Pio's or CC but if the Sioux offered I'd tell him to go there. (present day situation)

Facts
03-17-2011, 01:44 PM
Both of my daughters play hockey for fun. My nephew plays passionately for a AAA team in Colorado. His parents spend 15k a year for him to play. Ten out of state tourneys a year, including Sweden, mostly Canada. He's 11. He is being tracked as a top 20 99 and hopes, and I say hopes, to play USHL. Then prays to the gods above he can go D1. NHL is powerball territory. Sioux hockey is awesome and I hate UND. My nephews dream is D1, I hope he gets there with the Pio's or CC but if the Sioux offered I'd tell him to go there. (present day situation)

Just a word of caution: coming from experience and observation... I've known several hockey players in similar situations who eventually just got burnt out with all that committment. That's a serious amount of JUST hockey for an 11 year-old. Also, the fact that he's only 11 is another reason to keep this in perspective. If you've watched any of his games you've noticed that kids develop at different rates. Some of the biggest, strongest, and fastest kids when I was 11 didn't really stand out by the time we were older.

onbison09
03-17-2011, 03:48 PM

It's the best program for development for the NHL and it's not close.

Tatanka
03-17-2011, 04:11 PM
It's the best program for development for the NHL and it's not close.

Best NCAA program? Agreed.
Best program? False.

lakesbison
03-17-2011, 04:23 PM
Gophers send more players to NHL.

CAS4127
03-17-2011, 04:24 PM

So do Russia, Sweden and Canada in general!

Go Force!!!!

TransAmBison
03-17-2011, 04:28 PM
The Force plays against better talent day in and day out. UND will crumble when they play a real team. Seriously, who have they played this season? The competition is not there, of course UND's record inflated. They're gonna get killed in teh playoffs. It would be stiff competition for the Force, but they would be prepared.

CAS4127
03-17-2011, 04:30 PM
The Force plays against better talent day in and day out. UND will crumble when they play a real team. Seriously, who have they played this season? The competition is not there, of course UND's record inflated. They're gonna get killed in teh playoffs. It would be stiff competition for the Force, but they would be prepared.

Agreed--including their practices!!

onbison09
03-17-2011, 04:43 PM
Best NCAA program? Agreed.
Best program? False.

Doh!

(10 car)

onbison09
03-17-2011, 04:45 PM

Vanek, Gologoski, Leddy vs Oshie, Towes, Praise (however the hell you spell it) I know which 3 I'm taking. And I'm a Gopher hockey BTW but they suck right now.

lakesbison
03-17-2011, 05:20 PM
Vanek, Kessel, Goligoski, Martin, okposo, Eric Johnson....

Cas. Would snowbank kristo be playing?? Or would hakstol wait til the day before to welcome him back? I know he liked drinking up in the suites last year (I sent those pics to half of Bisonville!) So its factual (have to say that so tony don't get mad at me)

CAS4127
03-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Lakes--not sure of the strategy Haks would try to use against the Force, but I heard the Danny S, or, K I mean, is back practicing full-speed, which is about half-speed compared to many of the Force players, so not sure it really makes all that much of a difference.

The_Sicatoka
03-17-2011, 06:14 PM
Y'all sure do seem to be obsessing over a sport y'all claim doesn't matter. ;)

CAS4127
03-17-2011, 06:21 PM
Y'all sure do seem to be obsessing over a sport y'all claim doesn't matter. ;)

Sicatoka, my friend, I just want to be notified when UND plays Union College*!!:rofl: :rofl: If and when they do, UND should make it a doubleheader: UND FB v. Sioux Falls in the afternoon and UND teh Hockey v. Union in the evening.!!!

*I would have used Quintecquaiea or whatever that college is that plays teh hockey but couldn't remember how to spell it. Not that that should be surprising, as I just saw the name for the first time yesterday--didn't even know it existed.

Go Force!!!

JMB
03-17-2011, 06:33 PM
This thread isn't one of Bisonville's better moments. Either it should go into smack or it needs to be a serious discussion... I don't know what Cas's original goal was by asking the question (my sarcasm meter is broken) and I am not blaming him for the direction the thread went, but one Sioux poster comes over to attempt to honestly reply to the the thread topic, and we chase him off like we are the frenchmen from Monte Python's the Search for the Holy Grail.

TransAmBison
03-17-2011, 06:36 PM
This thread isn't one of Bisonville's better moments. Either it should go into smack or it needs to be a serious discussion... I don't know what Cas's original goal was by asking the question (my sarcasm meter is broken) and I am not blaming him for the direction the thread went, but one Sioux poster comes over to attempt to honestly reply to the the thread topic, and we chase him off like we are the frenchmen from Monte Python's the Search for the Holy Grail.
He might have done better if he hadn't come up by "galloping" and clapping two coconut halves together. Where did he get those coconuts anyway?

Tatanka
03-17-2011, 06:37 PM
He might have done better if he hadn't come up by "galloping" and clapping two coconut halves together. Where did he get those coconuts anyway?

They are indeed from a more temperate climate. Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

TransAmBison
03-17-2011, 06:41 PM
They are indeed from a more temperate climate. Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
Not at all. They could be carried.

JMB
03-17-2011, 06:45 PM
We should treat our guests better or I will be forced to say "Ni" again...

TransAmBison
03-17-2011, 06:52 PM
We should treat our guests better or I will be forced to say "Ni" again...
You want us to give firetruck fans shrubberies?

coldspot
03-17-2011, 06:56 PM
You want us to give firetruck fans shrubberies?

maybe they want some dingleberries

TransAmBison
03-17-2011, 06:57 PM
maybe they want some dingleberries
They have the corner on that market already.

tony
03-17-2011, 07:15 PM
CAS asked me to shut down this thread. He said that he meant the thread to be a joke but it took a disturbing turn towards the controversial with all this talk of about the latest coconut migration theories.

He also wanted you all to know that he is not going to wear pants until UND wins the DI Men's Ice Hockey Championship.