PDA

View Full Version : Oakland's Chances

bisonfan08
03-14-2011, 01:36 PM
So just thought I'd throw this out there, but I think Oakland may have a shot at the Sweet 16. Texas has been up and down all season, but as of late just has not been a dominant team. If they can get by Texas that sets up a matchup between either Arizona or Memphis, neither of whom I feel real strongly about. As much as I hate them when we play them I will be cheerin them on to put on a good showing for the Summit League. Should be one hell of a tournament since the field is so wide open, it really is anybody's tourney to win.

MNLonghorn10
03-14-2011, 01:48 PM
if by all season do you mean just the end of the season?

HandoEX
03-14-2011, 01:53 PM
I'd say they have about a 15% chance. They'll keep the game close but lose by 6 in the end.

lakesbison
03-14-2011, 02:09 PM
well I took Texas at a 16-1 at Vegas last week before this matchup to win it all....opps on my part.

bisonfan08
03-14-2011, 02:31 PM
if by all season do you mean just the end of the season?

Even when they were winning they weren't always playing that well, but yes mostly since they were looking at a #1 seed and then fell apart for a couple weeks. They have been playing better, but Oakland is a very confident team with nothing to lose right now. It reminds me very much of our matchup with Kansas. The difference here is Oakland has Benson and Hudson who can compete down low with other big time D1 players. Moorman just had no chance and was useless offensively. I like Oakland's chances. Of course all this being said they got destroyed last year when I'd thought they'd be more competitive as well, but that Pitt team was much better than this Texas team.

MNLonghorn10
03-14-2011, 02:35 PM
weren't playing that well while they werw winning? Texas won their first 11 big 12 games by double digits.

I don't think texas blows out oak...infact I wanted to avoid them..im with hando thinkin texas wins by about 7.

DjKyRo
03-14-2011, 03:15 PM
Tend to agree with MN and Hando that Texas is a beastly matchup, but one thing that sticks out to me is the experience factor. We're talking a veteran-laden team vs. a team of very talented underclassmen, the two stars of which haven't been here before. If anything's going to make a difference in a W or L, I think it'll be that.

I do have Oakland pulling off the upset just because I needed a 13>4 somewhere and don't feel comfortable with Texas going a long way, but that's just me.

bisonfan08
03-14-2011, 03:43 PM
weren't playing that well while they werw winning? Texas won their first 11 big 12 games by double digits.

I don't think texas blows out oak...infact I wanted to avoid them..im with hando thinkin texas wins by about 7.

Ok ok I give in, Texas played very well until the loss at Nebraska. That being said I like the way Oakland matches up. I think Benson will play well on the big stage, Hamilton has been going nuts and if he keeps it up and Bader can get some shots off and they stay out of foul trouble they have a good chance to pull the upset. The key is going to be avoiding foul trouble. Oakland is not very deep and if Benson has to miss a lot of minutes Oakland will get beat up on. If Texas wants to know how to beat Oakland they can look at our game tape. Slow them down, make them play D and attack Benson to get him in foul trouble. Let them keep up the tempo and just as ORU found out it can go from a close game to a blow-out very quickly, this team can flat out score.

CAS4127
03-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Heard an ESPN broadcastor last night (not sure of name) say that he thought this was an "interesting" matchup and one to watch, but didn't elaborate too much. Otherwise, Oakland may want to get into foul trouble, as I think Texas is ranked as one of the worst FT shooting teams in the country and that is one of ther reasons for their recent losses.

SlickVic
03-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Even when they were winning they weren't always playing that well, but yes mostly since they were looking at a #1 seed and then fell apart for a couple weeks. They have been playing better, but Oakland is a very confident team with nothing to lose right now. It reminds me very much of our matchup with Kansas. The difference here is Oakland has Benson and Hudson who can compete down low with other big time D1 players. Moorman just had no chance and was useless offensively. I like Oakland's chances. Of course all this being said they got destroyed last year when I'd thought they'd be more competitive as well, but that Pitt team was much better than this Texas team.

Ndsu outscored ku by 6 or so when big luke was in the game

onbison09
03-14-2011, 04:42 PM
Well I'm calling the upset!

bisonfan08
03-14-2011, 05:08 PM
Ndsu outscored ku by 6 or so when big luke was in the game

Haha I'm aware we played better as a team when he was in there, but he did not contribute on the offensive end like Benson can.

MNLonghorn10
03-14-2011, 05:38 PM
Heard an ESPN broadcastor last night (not sure of name) say that he thought this was an "interesting" matchup and one to watch, but didn't elaborate too much. Otherwise, Oakland may want to get into foul trouble, as I think Texas is ranked as one of the worst FT shooting teams in the country and that is one of ther reasons for their recent losses.

it really is bad. if bensons gonna foul anyone, itll be tristan thompson and he's utterly pathetic when it comes to ft's.

but he's a mf'in bad ass outside of that so horns fans forgive him for his ft handicap

WYOBISONMAN
03-14-2011, 05:57 PM
If I were in Vegas I wouldn't be betting on Oakland. That being said, I hope they make a nice run!

bisonfan08
03-14-2011, 07:31 PM
Oakland is getting a lot of love in Diamond Leung's breakdown of the West Bracket:

Players to watch:

5. Keith Benson, Oakland. He's a mid-major star who didn't enter last year's NBA draft only because of injury. Now he has a chance to become a legend by adding NCAA tournament success to his consecutive Summit League Player of the Year awards. The 6-foot-11 center could be one of the tournament's breakout stars if the Golden Grizzlies can advance.

Games to watch:

2. Texas-Oakland. Oakland's Keith Benson will be a load for Texas to handle, and the Golden Grizzlies will be looked upon as a possible upset pick. But the Longhorns can counter with freshman forward Tristan Thompson. It's your classic tricky 4 versus 13 matchup.

Possible Cinderella

Oakland: The Golden Grizzlies simply know how to win, as they've lost only one game in the calendar year. They have NCAA tournament experience from last season in a game against Pittsburgh. And they have a mid-major star in center Keith Benson. Can they get to the second week? There's a chance, especially if they upset Texas and Memphis takes out Arizona.

Good news is the name Summit League is coming up everywhere, which could be beneficial to the entire conference and especially for recruiting. Bad news is if they put up a bad showing like they did last year against Pitt it's not gonna help our conference at all.

TheDoctor
03-14-2011, 09:12 PM
I'll take Oakland AND the points. :D It will be closer than people that don't know Oakland think, but I don't see it happening. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see Texas bounced. In fact, if they could somehow take out UConn too, that would be wonderful. The real SDSU is the least of my concerns in that bracket. Duke has Steve Fisher's number, always has, just ask CWebb. ;)

CAS4127
03-14-2011, 09:18 PM
If I were in Vegas I wouldn't be betting on Oakland. That being said, I hope they make a nice run!

Why bother to go to Vegas when you can just speculate on oil, to the detriment of us all who have to put up with the resulting higher gas prices??!!:D :nod: ;)

lakesbison
03-14-2011, 09:26 PM
Oakland +9 ./...hmmmmmmmmmm

bisonsupporter
03-14-2011, 09:36 PM
Would like to see an Oakland Sweet 16 or Elite 8 run but i just dont think it will happen. They are playing in OK, close to Texas, big Texas fan base will be there.

MNLonghorn10
03-14-2011, 09:50 PM
Would like to see an Oakland Sweet 16 or Elite 8 run but i just dont think it will happen. They are playing in OK, close to Texas, big Texas fan base will be there.

lol, its basketball. texas's basketball fanbase isn't quite as following than it would be in football.

plus kansas is there too and theyll be cheering against texas. so itll likely be a pro oakland crowd

NDSUstudent
03-14-2011, 09:52 PM
I wouldn't be shocked if Oakland beat Texas but I won't be picking them to win in my bracket.

Texas is the kind of team that is hard to read, they could go to the elite eight or be one and done.

MNLonghorn10
03-14-2011, 10:29 PM
No. 13 Oakland (21.1) vs. No. 4 Texas (17.3)

UPSET CHANCE: 11.7 percent

After four days of commenters and e-mailers demanding that we cover Oakland, here goes! In asking what makes a team special, it might seem absurdly simple to answer, "Making baskets," but that's what the Golden Grizzlies do best. They're constantly in motion (72.9 possessions per game, seventh most in the NCAA). They nab offensive rebounds (36.3 percent of misses, ranking 39th). They get a ton of blocks (12.2 percent of opponent 2-point shots). And then they put all those balls they collect through the hoop, shooting an amazing 55.8 percent inside (second in the country only to Kansas) and 37.7 percent on 3s (39th in the NCAA). In the Summit League tournament, the Grizzlies dropped 45 field goals -- 45! -- on South Dakota State, then laid 35 on Oral Roberts one night later.

So there's no question Oakland is an offensive machine. Its center, 6-foot-11 Keith Benson, is a dominator who will play in the NBA next year, and the Grizzlies have three players besides Benson who have effective field goal percentages higher than 60 percent. It all adds up to 115.9 points per 100 possessions, the 13th-best scoring efficiency in the country. All season long, if Oakland happened to fall behind in a game, all you had to do was wait a couple of minutes, and it'd go on a big run -- in the Summit final against Oral Roberts, it was almost like the Grizzlies were toying with the Eagles. Oakland also scheduled the fourth-toughest slate of nonconference opponents in the NCAA this season. And to top it all off, coach Greg Kampe, who has been at Oakland for 27 years, is not only quotable, he once made a list of the 50 sexiest men in college basketball despite a wardrobe heavy on windbreakers and a mop of curly hair that many fans wrongly assume is a bad toupee.

So, hey, we get it, Oakland is a lot of fun. And we've enjoyed its ride. Our model, however, is a killjoy. It notes that the Grizzlies force turnovers on just 16.6 percent of opponent possessions (327th in the NCAA), something that's easy to overlook when a team plays at Oakland's pace. Oakland also allows opponents to shoot 47.5 percent on 2-point FGs, a dangerous sign at this time of year, when underdogs are typically going up against Giants with big inside games. And their overall defense just ain't that hot (103.4 points per 100 opponent possessions, 200th in the country). Still, the Grizzlies would have been a fine speculative pick had they drawn most Giants as a first-round opponent, but they got Texas. The Longhorns are exactly the kind of team most analysts won't like as a tournament pick: they're young, and they have fared poorly in March over the past couple of seasons. But by advanced metrics, Texas is one of the top five teams in the country, and the Longhorns are certainly a tougher opponent than any other 13-seed, or in fact any 14-seed, has to face. Moreover, their top strength is stopping Oakland's strength: Texas allows opponents to shoot just 41.5 percent on 2-point FGs and only 29 percent on 3s. Overall, the Longhorns are giving up just 86.5 points per 100 possessions, tops in the entire country.

Our hearts are rooting for Oakland. Our model sees a buzz saw straight ahead.:nod: :nod:

tjbison
03-15-2011, 12:26 AM
Not good, sadly, still pulling for them though

Northside Bison
03-17-2011, 05:46 AM
"UPSET CHANCE: 11.7 percent"

So you're tellin me there's a chance.. :D
:praying:

SDbison
03-17-2011, 06:04 PM
Oakland over Texas........
Texas is over-rated!

EndZoneQB
03-17-2011, 07:07 PM
Oakland over Texas........
Texas is over-rated!

If they play like they are capable of playing, they are NOT overrated...ask Kansas and all of Phog Allen. Plus, honestly, a 4 seed is pretty much crap, they win against Kansas in the Big12 Tourney and they are a #1 seed. They lose and are a 4 seed? Makes no sense. They probably did get complacent after just blowing through the Big 12, though. IMO, Thompson is just too physical AND athletic for Benson. It's definitely possible, and probably worst case scenario matchup for Texas. Texas' defense has been smothering at times this year. On paper, it should just be a pretty easy win for Texas...but thats why they play the games. Sucks though, I wanted Oakland to make a run...just not through Texas :D

Plus, theres the Matt Hill factor, right MN? lol

SDbison
03-17-2011, 07:37 PM
If they play like they are capable of playing, they are NOT overrated...ask Kansas and all of Phog Allen. Plus, honestly, a 4 seed is pretty much crap, they win against Kansas in the Big12 Tourney and they are a #1 seed. They lose and are a 4 seed? Makes no sense. They probably did get complacent after just blowing through the Big 12, though. IMO, Thompson is just too physical AND athletic for Benson. It's definitely possible, and probably worst case scenario matchup for Texas. Texas' defense has been smothering at times this year. On paper, it should just be a pretty easy win for Texas...but thats why they play the games. Sucks though, I wanted Oakland to make a run...just not through Texas :D

I just love giving Texas fans shit. Texans in general and fans of their teams think everything begins and ends with them, and their state and teams are the greatest.
Regardless, I hope that Oakland knocks off Texas. Sometimes teams win games not individuals.

CAS4127
03-17-2011, 07:41 PM
I just love giving Texas fans shit. Texans in general and fans of their teams think everything begins and ends with them, and their state and teams are the greatest.
Regardless, I hope that Oakland knocks off Texas. Sometimes teams win games not individuals.

So you are saying that Texas fans = teh UND hockey fans?!

We agree on something SD! http://www.indianmotorcyclecommunity.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/bvictory.gif
http://www.indianmotorcyclecommunity.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/bvictory.gif

silkamilkamonico
03-17-2011, 08:28 PM
If they play like they are capable of playing, they are NOT overrated...ask Kansas and all of Phog Allen.

The only reason why Kansas lost that game is because their players were up until 7 am consoling Thomas Robinson, who's mom died of a heartattack the night before the game.

Texas is an ubertalented, selfish basketball team. If they can get an early lead on TExas big I think it will be over with in the first 15 minutes of the game. If Oakland hangs around, Texas will become selfish and individual players will try winning the game.

I do think Texcas is capable though if they can stick together as a team. They still have Barnes coaching though.

MNLonghorn10
03-17-2011, 09:01 PM
The only reason why Kansas lost that game is because their players were up until 7 am consoling Thomas Robinson, who's mom died of a heartattack the night before the game.

Texas is an ubertalented, selfish basketball team. If they can get an early lead on TExas big I think it will be over with in the first 15 minutes of the game. If Oakland hangs around, Texas will become selfish and individual players will try winning the game.

I do think Texcas is capable though if they can stick together as a team. They still have Barnes coaching though.

christ thats the weakest excuse kansas fans can ever come up with. im not sayin youre a kansas fan, but still.

ok then texas had to play the later game on friday night, so they had less rest than ku did for the big 12 tournament championship game. so thats why kansas beat texas..on saturday

heckler
03-18-2011, 04:42 AM

That's even low for a Kansas fan.

silkamilkamonico
03-18-2011, 05:50 AM
Doesn't even matter. Texas had their chance to validate that win in the conference tourney and failed miserably. The fact that they gift wrapped the Big 12 conference championship to Kansas on a silver platter down the stretch certainly doesn't help their cause for argument either. If I'm inclined to go off one game that happened in conference play, I'd have to create an argument for Kansas State being better than Texas, and I don't wanna do that.

I don't think Oakland is going to stand a chance against Texas though. Could be wrong, but that's the worst possible match up for them. Texas has more athleticism, and can easily match up with Bensen. The only thing I would be worry about is Oakland will play with nothing to lose, where Texas is going to play with the pressure of any ranked team expecting to make the tournament in the early rounds.

silkamilkamonico
03-18-2011, 05:55 AM
That's even low for a Kansas fan.

Not low at all, it's the absolute truth. That young man lost both of his grandparents, and his mother all in a matter of 2 weeks. I cannot imagine the phone call he took Friday night from his 7 year old little sister with the tragic news. Unbelievable.

NDSUFan_Sav
03-18-2011, 06:21 AM

lmao....for real play that card? You and I both know that was an extremely tough day on Kansas and I'm not blaming the loss on that but I feel it had a pretty good factor. Cool you beat us on our home court and we had a 69 game home winning streak....not a big deal or anything.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l254/bigsav03/ku_bkc_ut_36_t640.jpg

I'm not saying TX is overrated, TX was good during non-conference and then dominated for quite some time then hit the wall. They completely pissed that Reg Season Title down their leg pretty bad and I doubt they're a #1 seed if they beat KU in the tourney probably a 2 seed. No way in hell should they be a 4 seed though and Florida gets the 2 seed, shit doesn't make sense to me at all

NDSUFan_Sav
03-18-2011, 06:26 AM
christ thats the weakest excuse kansas fans can ever come up with. im not sayin youre a kansas fan, but still.

ok then texas had to play the later game on friday night, so they had less rest than ku did for the big 12 tournament championship game. so thats why kansas beat texas..on saturday

what's your excuse for blowing the season title and pissing that big lead in Colorado?

MNLonghorn10
03-18-2011, 10:18 AM
what's your excuse for blowing the season title and pissing that big lead in Colorado?

tired legs, very long days texas.

lakesbison
03-18-2011, 03:15 PM
Bwws south anyone ?

lakesbison
03-18-2011, 04:24 PM
7-4 Oakland early. It's in Tulsa. U think there is 1000-2000 ORU fans are.cheering for them loudly ??

aces1180
03-18-2011, 04:28 PM
7-4 Oakland early. It's in Tulsa. U think there is 1000-2000 ORU fans are.cheering for them loudly ??

Texas home game....

ndsubison1
03-18-2011, 05:07 PM
the crowd is definitely in favor of oakland

HoopsBison
03-18-2011, 05:08 PM
Oakland needs to play much better defense in the 2nd half if they are going comeback. At time their def is embarrassing.

KC Bison
03-18-2011, 05:13 PM
If Texas wins this, it will be despite the coaching of Rick Barnes.

MNLonghorn10
03-18-2011, 05:20 PM
If Texas wins this, it will be despite the coaching of Rick Barnes.

meh. hes not the best.

but if texas loses this, it will be cause oakland cant miss from 3 pt land. texas looks like 10x the team oakland is. and is keith benson made of glass? you cant body him without bein fouled

ndsubison1
03-18-2011, 05:25 PM
benson cannot handle the physicality of Thompson. Which is why I dont think he'll pan out in the NBA. Thompson is also 3 inches shorter than him. Texas lives and dies by Thompson. When he has a great game they are one of the best teams in the country. When he isn't, well theyre not very good

stevdock
03-18-2011, 05:32 PM
Both of these teams look horrible. I stick him my initial thought of Duke just has to show up to go to the Final Four. I thought Texas MIGHT have a shot but from watching the game so far, absolutely not.

ndsubison1
03-18-2011, 05:34 PM
Both of these teams look horrible. I stick him my initial thought of Duke just has to show up to go to the Final Four. I thought Texas MIGHT have a shot but from watching the game so far, absolutely not.

texas would be a bad matchup for duke with their athleticism. also, arizona is no slouch with derrick williams

Tatanka
03-18-2011, 05:50 PM
Kampe looking swanky in something not a hoodie.

Oh, and Oakland is looking tired and beaten.

HoopsBison
03-18-2011, 05:54 PM
Man, you really got to admire the way Hudson plays. While he may not be the most skilled or talented he is very unselfish and works his tail off all the time. Really the type of player that is welcomed on any team.

ndsubison1
Kampe looking swanky in something not a hoodie.

Oh, and Oakland is looking tired and beaten.

oakland's defense just isnt very good

bisonsupporter
Benson is killing his draft position, making Thompson look like NCAA POTY. Oakland believed too much in the hype the media gave them. Now they look very desparate, putting up shots as quickly as possible. Why is Benson trying to dribble end to end? Oakland has a deer in the headlights look on their face. I thought they would have been able to pull the upset but right now, just does not look like thats going to happen.

HoopsBison
03-18-2011, 06:00 PM
Not making any excuses for them but they got the absolulte worst draw they could have gotten with Texas...

KC Bison
03-18-2011, 06:01 PM
How many lay-ups can Oakland give up?

MNLonghorn10
03-18-2011, 06:13 PM
oaklands a bunch of whiny bitches

obviously dont know how to keep a cool head when theyre losin

DjKyRo
03-18-2011, 06:14 PM
5-point game!!!

TheBisonator
03-18-2011, 06:15 PM
Oakland down 5 with 1:35 left, Texas has the ball

HoopsBison
03-18-2011, 06:16 PM
oaklands a bunch of whiny bitches

obviously dont know how to keep a cool head when theyre losin

Disagree...

Tatanka
03-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Holy carp. 5 point game?

Tatanka
03-18-2011, 06:18 PM
Turrible call but one that had to be made.

Tatanka
03-18-2011, 06:19 PM
Super long three for Oakland rim job and out.

Down 6 28 sec left

ndsubison1
03-18-2011, 06:22 PM
now they interrupt the game for obama. who cares about libya

Tatanka
03-18-2011, 06:23 PM
ballgame. down 6 1.8 sec left. texas free throwin x2

HoopsBison
03-18-2011, 06:25 PM
I think Oakland did quite well, at times the def was god awful and Beson being over-matched hurt but all in all they were competitive and rep the Summit well.

MNLonghorn10
03-18-2011, 06:28 PM
shoulda been a double digit w. whatever tho, f oakland.

ndsubison1
03-18-2011, 06:32 PM
i think texas will lose to arizona. derrick williams is the best player in the country imho

MNLonghorn10
03-18-2011, 06:35 PM
i think texas will lose to arizona. derrick williams is the best player in the country imho
meh.

gary johnsons a good defender and isn't too short to guard a derrick williams.

bring em.

MNLonghorn10
03-18-2011, 06:46 PM
http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/KAMPE.gif.pagespeed.ce.Qk_fGo1UQ5.gif

EndZoneQB
03-18-2011, 07:16 PM

I just don't see it happening unless they are looking ahead to Duke. Arizona is overrated, look at their losses. They have NO big wins, etc. Plus, they look like they have all they can handle with Memphis right now.

SDbison
03-18-2011, 08:36 PM
This........Texas sucks!

aces1180
03-18-2011, 08:43 PM
I just don't see it happening unless they are looking ahead to Duke. Arizona is overrated, look at their losses. They have NO big wins, etc. Plus, they look like they have all they can handle with Memphis right now.

Arizona might now even win their first round game against Memphis...They are down 63-58 late in the second right now.

MNLonghorn10
03-18-2011, 08:56 PM
This........Texas sucks!

agreed!...........

Dutcher
03-18-2011, 10:15 PM
Mr. Benson, although talented, will not make it at the next level.

ndsubison1
03-21-2011, 01:15 AM
meh.

gary johnsons a good defender and isn't too short to guard a derrick williams.

bring em.

:D ten characters

ndsubison1
03-21-2011, 01:16 AM

:D this is me bragging lol

EndZoneQB
03-21-2011, 02:40 AM
:D this is me bragging lol

We will revisit this after the "experts" weigh in on what happened at the end. Either way, Hamilton is a moron for calling the timeout after the rebound. Likely Barnes' fault. He kept taking Brown out at the end too.

ndsubison1
03-21-2011, 02:43 AM
We will revisit this after the "experts" weigh in on what happened at the end. Either way, Hamilton is a moron for calling the timeout after the rebound. Likely Barnes' fault. He kept taking Brown out at the end too.

i actually didnt see the end. ill have to watch a highlight

EndZoneQB
03-21-2011, 02:44 AM
i actually didnt see the end. ill have to watch a highlight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDBvBTa6Hs0&feature=player_embedded

Watch the "five" count closely. I've watched it 15 times...

IzzyFlexion
03-21-2011, 12:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDBvBTa6Hs0&feature=player_embedded

Watch the "five" count closely. I've watched it 15 times...

Yikes!
I've got no dog in this fight........but, EZQ, I have to agree with you.
The ref clearly did the "arm pump" seconds count 4 times and was just winding up for his fifth and never completed it before blowing the whistle.

bisonfan08
03-21-2011, 02:14 PM

I agree, unless he packs on some serious pounds he will get dominated physically in the NBA. He's got all the skills to play at the next level, just not the body, similar to Woodside only his weakness was his height (and his ability to play D but we'll let that slide since nobody in the NBA really plays D anyway), Benson's is his weight. People will argue he can add weight to play at the next level, but he hasn't hardly put any weight on in his 4 years of college I can't imagine he is going to add much more. That being said I do believe he can be a star playing overseas, but I can't imagine Benson trying to go up against the likes of Howard, Griffin, Bynum or even Kevin Love for that matter, he'll just get blown off the blocks.

BisonAccountant44
03-21-2011, 02:35 PM

I didn't get to watch the game, but I was able to hear about 10 minutes of it on the radio, and in that time, I heard "Why does Bensen refuse to turn around and run the floor?" about 6 times. The radio analyst was far from impressed with the effort he was giving early in the 2nd half.

NDSUstudent
03-21-2011, 04:56 PM
Some interesting tweets coming from Reggie Hamilton

with that being said i dont want anyone talking to me about basketball ill handle mine..... 19 minutes ago via web

more lies and bs 21 minutes ago via web

I couldn't even look at my teammates this morning about 1 hour ago via Echofon

I have a family to take care of about 1 hour ago via Echofon

I'm doing what's best for me I have to about 1 hour ago via Echofon

That meeting just gave me some clarity about 1 hour ago via Echofon

cant take the f***ery cant wait to leave michigan about 11 hours ago via web

http://twitter.com/KINGR23H

bisonfan08
03-21-2011, 05:06 PM
Some interesting tweets coming from Reggie Hamilton
http://twitter.com/KINGR23H

Soooooo.......... Does this mean he's leaving Oakland? Oakland will be hurt enough by losing Benson, Wright and Hudson, losing Hamilton would put them in rebuilding mode completely. I don't follow twitter but keep us posted, very interesting indeed.

NDSUstudent
03-21-2011, 07:23 PM
Sounds like Kampe and Hamilton have a meeting this afternoon...

http://opgrizzden.blogspot.com/2011/03/is-reggie-hamilton-leaving-oakland.html

ProudBisonFan
03-21-2011, 07:45 PM
doesnt sound like hes going anywhere

NDSUstudent
03-21-2011, 07:55 PM
Yep sounds like somebody got a hold of his twitter account and did some damage.

ndsubison1
06-24-2011, 03:26 AM
Benson was just drafted 48th overall by the Atlanta Hawks

cornerpocket422
08-02-2011, 05:25 PM
Hey guys, Matt Pocket here, Sports Director at 88.3 FM WXOU and play-by-play voice of Oakland basketball. Wanted to do two things... first, thank all of you on Bisonville (again) for the awesome encouragement a few months back. Been working on some stuff with Kyle from KNDS over the last couple months, and it's been great. Between us and NDSU, I firmly we make up the best two student-media schools in the conference.

Just launched an Oakland hoops podcast up on www.podcasts.wxou.org. Got a chance to talk to Oakland coach Greg Kampe the night before the NBA Draft, where Kito was picked 48th overall. Also chatted with Freshman Forward Corey Petros and had a great discussion with former UMKC and current Oakland Guard Reggie Hamilton. Podcast is up now for anybody who wants to check it out.

Thanks for the support over here at WXOU. Much love to Bisonville, you guys rock!!! Hope you check out the podcast!

DjKyRo
08-02-2011, 06:39 PM
I don't think it's been reported here yet but your guy Ilja Milutinovic signed a contract to play overseas. That leaves Oakland with only freshmen to fill the 4 and 5 spots.

cornerpocket422
08-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Got a new guy a couple weeks back. Korab Imami. 6-11, 215 from Kosovo. Has a couple Youtube vids up. Just 2, I think.

EndZoneQB
08-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Got a new guy a couple weeks back. Korab Imami. 6-11, 215 from Kosovo. Has a couple Youtube vids up. Just 2, I think.

You little motherf*ckers! lol

Twentysix
08-10-2011, 07:56 AM
So he's big, but can he dribble.

ndsubison1
08-22-2011, 03:32 AM
I saw that Keith Benson signed a contract with an Italian team. But if the NBA lockout ends he'll be able to opt out and return to the Hawks