PDA

View Full Version : Women's basketball: Injuries led to losing season for NDSU

imabison
03-08-2011, 10:46 PM
North Dakota State women’s athletic director Lynn Dorn said Monday that injuries and “unusual things” ...........main contributors to a rare losing women’s basketball season ..... that she’s fine with the program under head coach Carolyn DeHoff.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/311463/group/Sports/

And I know there are some of you that disagree, and some of you that agree...

SDBison92
03-08-2011, 11:52 PM
The thing that I don't understand is that the top 5 if not 6 players for the most part were not hurt this year. In my novice opinion, the team got worse as the year went on.

roadwarrior
03-08-2011, 11:59 PM
The four incoming freshmen better be superstars. The team sure needs some help. Completely opposite of the men's team, there were no freshmen this past season that gives a lot of hope for next year.

Gully
03-09-2011, 02:12 AM
Maybe she should try using all her scholarships. Title IX is pointless if you don't use them. I'd say this program has been the most frustrating of all our teams. They really should be doing better by now. I thought we had some players in Burich and Birkel but the team just hasn't gotten over the hump.

steelbison
03-09-2011, 02:43 PM
The thing that I don't understand is that the top 5 if not 6 players for the most part were not hurt this year. In my novice opinion, the team got worse as the year went on.

You are correct. Also when you have 15 scholarships depth should NOT be an issue.

Good thing is we have everyone back next year. But look at the type of players she is bringing in. Out of the freshman brought in this year, is one of them a Div 1 basketball talent?

Also on the x's an o's. The team turns the ball over way too often
They have avg 14.24, 16.75 and 17.34 per game the past three years. That comes from coaching plain and simple.

Someone please explains the positives the coach has brought this program? That is what I want to know.