The Lost Dutchman
03-08-2011, 02:14 PM
http://740thefan.com/sports-news-details.php?ID=12529

HandoEX
03-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Hahahaha, poor UNI :)

Bison81
03-08-2011, 07:37 PM
i'm not sure why a def coordinator at UNI would move a Dback coach at lateral -level university? am i missing something?

HandoEX
03-08-2011, 07:41 PM
i'm not sure why a def coordinator at UNI would move a Dback coach at lateral -level university? am i missing something?

UNI's athletic budget is in the dump and ours is not.

56BISON73
03-08-2011, 07:47 PM

NDSU offered something he liked. It could be a host of reasons.
Remember not every step in a coaching career has to be up in the ranks.

SDbison
03-08-2011, 07:55 PM
This guy has experience and should be a great D-backs coach and possible future D-coordinator.
Too bad Bohl doesn't take offensive assistants as seriously as defense. The experience level and performance of the QB coach and OC is subpar.

The Lost Dutchman
03-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Here is the Presser from a little bit ago, http://740thefan.com/uploads/BOHL%20PRESSER.mp3

Bison Dan
03-08-2011, 08:22 PM
I'm sure the coaches are picking his brain on his thoughts of our recruiting class vs uni's class.

westnodak93bison
03-08-2011, 08:51 PM
How much is the pay difference between our DB coach and D Coordinator?
Either UNI doesn't pay very well or we paid more than normal for the DB coach position.

SDbison
03-08-2011, 08:54 PM
How much is the pay difference between our DB coach and D Coordinator?
Either UNI doesn't pay very well or we paid more than normal for the DB coach position.
From the presser it sounds like financial considerations were part of his decision to come to NDSU. Could have been the possibility of low pay or upcoming cuts at UNI.

ndsubison1
03-08-2011, 09:12 PM

believe it or not there is actually a difference in pay

roadwarrior
03-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Jeff Kolpack's summary:

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/

06panther10
03-08-2011, 10:09 PM

He was defensive coordinator in title only. UNI's defense is and always has been run by Farley.

westnodak93bison
03-08-2011, 10:09 PM
Now I remember that some in the IA state govt are considering a push to cut FB at UNI?

CAS4127
03-08-2011, 10:26 PM
Now I remember that some in the IA state govt are considering a push to cut FB at UNI?

But the first step has to be cancelling homecoming--it's a prerequisite if you will!

BadlandsBison
03-09-2011, 12:20 AM
I'm very excited to have Klieman coaching at NDSU. He sounds like a great coach. Plus, it is nice to have a coach who knows UNI's players and system.

roadwarrior
03-09-2011, 01:04 AM
Izzo had a nice interview with Klieman tonight on DAY radio.

DjKyRo
03-09-2011, 01:04 AM
Beyond anything I love that he's coached in the conference for as long as he has. Can't place a value on a guy who knows the tendencies of other coaches in the league and knows how to scheme against those teams already. Awesome!

westnodak93bison
03-09-2011, 01:24 AM
This move just has to piss off the Panther faithful. I wonder if ole Cap'n Cat will visit our board?

OrygunBison
03-09-2011, 01:29 AM
Too bad Bohl doesn't take offensive assistants as seriously as defense. The experience level and performance of the QB coach and OC is subpar.

It amazes me how you can take a pretty positive thing and still find some way to be pissy about it.

westnodak93bison
03-09-2011, 03:40 AM
It amazes me how you can take a pretty positive thing and still find some way to be pissy about it.

While a SDBison comment about our shaky OC situation is predictable you have to admit he is right. IMHO, it is by far the weakest link in the program. I hope Vigen can turn it around and quick.

RedRiver
03-09-2011, 05:04 AM
This is about a big-time hire on the defensive side of the ball. A vey qualified coach from the same conference. Defensive wins championships.

Be thankful that Coach Bohl can hire these type of quality people, it doesn't happen at very many any other FCS programs.

This is about defensive, not the OC or quarterbacks coach, this is about defensive that wins championships!

westnodak93bison
03-09-2011, 12:12 PM
I wish one of the reporters would have asked Chris if he has banned Panther purple from the house.

WYOBISONMAN
03-09-2011, 12:34 PM
While the move from DC to Dback coach has me scratching my head.....this seems to be a very good hire.

Bison Dan
03-09-2011, 12:35 PM
While a SDBison comment about our shaky OC situation is predictable you have to admit he is right. IMHO, it is by far the weakest link in the program. I hope Vigen can turn it around and quick.

Let's see what Vigen can do with 3 healthy qb's. It's time to open up the play book.

coldspot
03-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Let's see what Vigen can do with 6 healthy qb's. It's time to open up the play book.

FIFY 10CHARS

Bison"FANatic"
03-09-2011, 12:47 PM
The thing that is interesting UNI has had our number and this guy has sat in and gameplanned our tendencies and tells. He should be able to give Bohl some insight and hopefully help the offense out also with his info. Nothing like a little truth and well placed "we noticed you do this" to wallop your O Coordinator into reality

WYOBISONMAN
03-09-2011, 12:50 PM
Vigen............:smh:

THEsocalledfan
03-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Well, let's hope NDSU can use the old Baltimore Raven's formular to win:

1. Lights out defense
2. Slightly inept offense (remember Trent Dilfer?)

I suppose you can win that way, but admit I'd like at least a little focus on offense?

roadwarrior
03-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Hopefully Klieman will let the offensive coaches know how they defended us so easily last fall.

CAS4127
03-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Hopefully Klieman will let the offensive coaches know how they defended us so easily last fall.

And provide some new offensive plays, perhaps!:hide: :confused: :D

CAS4127
03-09-2011, 06:27 PM
Consider this: UNI ran Tampa 2 (pretty damn well I might add); NDSU has run Tampa 2 for years now; NDSU has had no less than 2 defensive coaches move up into the high ranks of NFL teams (think contacts). Perhaps Coack K sees a little better opportunity here for moving up to the NFL in the future. Good thing is that he will have to be here at least a couple of years to do so, or so one would think.

Bison Dan
03-09-2011, 06:33 PM

That's easy - PRESSSURE - PRESSURE - PRESSURE

THE HERD
03-09-2011, 06:57 PM
I think it is how the panther fan stated that he was DC in title only, but Farley ran the show. He probably got tired of not truly bieng the guy, also some of the financial issues probably had some influence as well. That bieng said.......Farley knows D and he learned under him and as many have said knows the tendencies of all the teams in the MVFC, so I to believe this to be a good hire as well.

Bison"FANatic"
03-09-2011, 10:22 PM
From the UNI board it looks like he was making about $57000 and will make $75000 here.

tjbison
03-10-2011, 12:43 AM
From the UNI board it looks like he was making about $57000 and will make $75000 here.

Thats easy we have money they dont!!

although I am surprised by the difference, also looks like some are blaming Farley for being a hard ass

ndsubison1
03-10-2011, 02:14 AM
While the move from DC to Dback coach has me scratching my head.....this seems to be a very good hire.

it's a step up in pay

KC Bison
03-11-2011, 12:56 PM
I am looking forward to an increased Bison presence in the KC, Kansas and Missouri areas with Klieman involved in recruiting this area. They know us down here but very very few players coming from this area. I'm instantly recognized when I wear Bison clothing down here but most people assume its an anti-Kansas thing rather than being a true Bison fan. I hope this becomes a hot area for recruiting.

Tatanka
03-14-2011, 01:28 PM
I am looking forward to an increased Bison presence in the KC, Kansas and Missouri areas with Klieman involved in recruiting this area. They know us down here but very very few players coming from this area. I'm instantly recognized when I wear Bison clothing down here but most people assume its an anti-Kansas thing rather than being a true Bison fan. I hope this becomes a hot area for recruiting.

:rofl: :rofl: I bet you're still drinking for free on the Missouri side of the border... :nod:

MontanaBisonFan
03-16-2011, 03:29 AM
I can't believe there is not more stuff on here about this subject..
We lose a back coach to Drake DC and we gain a DC from Northern Iowa.

This seems like a huge upgrade to me or to good to be true.
Please get excited.
Maybe we will hold every team to -40 yards next year or even bet NIU.

Have a nice winter.

TbonZach
03-16-2011, 04:02 AM
I can't believe there is not more stuff on here about this subject..
We lose a back coach to Drake DC and we gain a DC from Northern Iowa.

This seems like a huge upgrade to me or to good to be true.
Please get excited.
Maybe we will hold every team to -40 yards next year or even bet NIU.

Have a nice winter.

Man it would be awesome if we beat NIU! Hell, I'd even take a win against UNI.* ;)

I do hope this signing helps that defense a lot this year and beyond.

*sorry, that's one of my pet peeves