PDA

View Full Version : Fullerton-Nickname could set UND back in transition

JSUBison
03-06-2011, 05:24 PM
http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/195802/

Big Sky gets to enjoy the Days of Our Lives episode now.

Is Fullerton the liar now? Is Douple still a liar? All I know is that we should blame everybody but UND.

We tried telling them, but they wouldn't listen. Oh well.

:buthockey

NorthernBison
03-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Note that the story was written by Wayne Nelson. He's not exactly anti-UND. Fullerton's quotes will certainly be presented tomorrow to the Senate Committe hearing on the Bill.

The references to the Big Sky Presidents and their concern is very clear and should be very troubling to anybody that truly cares about the UND athletic program.

So, anybody still think Douple was blowing smoke or that the Summit was the only conference that had issues with the nickname?

coldspot
03-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Note that the story was written by Wayne Nelson. He's not exactly anti-UND. Fullerton's quotes will certainly be presented tomorrow to the Senate Committe hearing on the Bill.

The references to the Big Sky Presidents and their concern is very clear and should be very troubling to anybody that truly cares about the UND athletic program.

So, anybody still think Douple was blowing smoke or that the Summit was the only conference that had issues with the nickname?

most of them don't give two shits about the athletic program, they only care about hockey, and they all still think douple is scum, and they're on their way to thinking fullerton is a douche bag too.

Herd
03-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Who do the Sioux fans hate now? Let's see . . . Douple, Fullerton, SBoHE, Herald, Pres Kelly, Carson of Fargo, sioux tribe in opposition, ncaa . . . who am I missing. Kinda sickening to follow. I'm sure there will be someone else to blame next week, maybe the ND senate.

KTF
03-06-2011, 07:42 PM
I get the impression that Fullerton wanted to say, you keep the nickname, you are out of the conference.

Bison"FANatic"
03-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Who do the Sioux fans hate now? Let's see . . . Douple, Fullerton, SBoHE, Herald, Pres Kelly, Carson of Fargo, sioux tribe in opposition, ncaa . . . who am I missing. Kinda sickening to follow. I'm sure there will be someone else to blame next week, maybe the ND senate.

Forgot Chapman, It was his fault first.:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

ISXBISON
03-06-2011, 08:38 PM
Time to pop some corn:nod: :nod:

cbline
03-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Time to pop some corn:nod: :nod:

Damn, this has been going on for so long I have run out of popcorn!! Time to run to Cash Wise to stock up on a new supply. Well, at least this situation has been good for popcorn farmers. Knowing what we know now, we should have invested in popcorn futures.

Hammersmith
03-06-2011, 09:09 PM

Don't forget Hoeven, Conrad, Dorgan & Pomeroy. And Berg and Dalrymple will be added soon. And you also forgot Kuppy, Bunning and Faison.

WYOBISONMAN
03-06-2011, 11:08 PM
Kelley is a good guy and is trying to do right for UND. It is incredible how he is attacked up there.

Tatanka
03-07-2011, 12:11 AM
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/thnom_nom.gif

Just when you think they've reached the bottom of the hole, someone shows up with a shovel and they keep digging. Too bad the rescue effort is going to be a massively expensive gong show at the expense of the taxpayers, further reducing money available for deserving students and schools.

tony
03-07-2011, 01:17 AM
http://memefolder.com/image/205.gif

Popcorn diet is killing me... switch to crudités.

WYOBISONMAN
03-07-2011, 12:03 PM
Yup.......kickback and watch the Legislature led by Carlson screw with UND good! And the funny thing.....most posters on SS support this goofy idea.:p

Facts
03-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Yup.......kickback and watch the Legislature led by Carlson screw with UND good! And the funny thing.....most posters on SS support this goofy idea.:p

Does everyone hate fullerton over there yet? I mean, how dare he even think about the nickname?!?!

BisonAccountant44
03-07-2011, 01:59 PM

I think the list would be much shorter if the question was who DON'T the truck fans hate now?

Only those who have proven to the braintrust at SS.com that teh hockies is all they do, have, or will ever care about at teh university. Put together the list of those 5 or 6 people, and you're done.

KC Bison
03-16-2011, 01:10 AM
It's really funny that Fullerton is worried about the suzies being able to host a football playoff game. That might be 20 years down the road.

Swaghook
03-22-2011, 11:35 PM
It's really funny that Fullerton is worried about the suzies being able to host a football playoff game. That might be 20 years down the road.

I don't think they are really worried about that. They are more concerned with just how they can justify dumping UND now that they are not coming in to the conference with a travel partner and are 1000 miles from the nearest team in the conference. I'm just wondering when the "Sky" will fall on UND. They have the needed excuse now that the bill was signed to keep the nickname, my guess is they are just waiting for the official date set by the settlement for dropping the name comes and UND continues the use per ND state law after said date.

tjbison
03-23-2011, 12:49 AM
Swaghook - I don't think they are really worried about that. They are more concerned with just how they can justify dumping UND now that they are not coming in to the conference with a travel partner and are 1000 miles from the nearest team in the conference. I'm just wondering when the "Sky" will fall on UND. They have the needed excuse now that the bill was signed to keep the nickname, my guess is they are just waiting for the official date set by the settlement for dropping the name comes and UND continues the use per ND state law after said date.

and there is NO WAY the Summit jumps on them or the MVFC....they would literally be up shit creek without anything for survival short of staying dII

Tatanka
03-23-2011, 12:51 AM
and there is NO WAY the Summit jumps on them or the MVFC....they would literally be up shit creek without anything for survival short of staying dII

Meh, more people to sue at the taxpayer's expense.