PDA

View Full Version : The Plan From Bismarck

phpguru
03-04-2011, 04:43 AM
Step 1 : Reduce Budgets and Funding for Universities across the state
Step 2 : Dispose of the SBoHE
Step 3 : With the legislature now running the show, start pumping more money into UND and continue reducing money to NDSU.
Step 4 : Once NDSU fails to perform (due to lack of funding) begin efforts to close the campus.
Step 5 : Finally get to say "F U" to Fargo.

I think that pretty much sums it up, at least from what I'm seeing... did I miss anything?

TbonZach
03-04-2011, 05:06 AM
Step 3 : With the legislature now running the show, start pumping more money into UND and continue reducing money to NDSU.
Step 4 : Once NDSU fails to perform (due to lack of funding) begin efforts to close the campus.

I think that pretty much sums it up, at least from what I'm seeing... did I miss anything?

Nope. Nail head, meet hammer.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/9/98/Conspiracy_theory_poster.jpg

WYOBISONMAN
03-04-2011, 05:34 AM
Carlson is a power hungry man and surely is not representing Fargo or the best interests of North Dakota.

G-city Bison Fan
03-04-2011, 06:22 AM
Who wants to run against him? Come campaign season, lets actually remember all this shit and do something about it.

Bison bison
03-04-2011, 11:52 AM

nice conspiracy theory,but you're off.

they don't want to kill ndsu. they need ndsu to ridicule - it's as North Dakotan as ball-freezing cold and apple kuchen.

what they'll do is return to the pre-chapman short changing. $1 for everyone else, $.40 for NDSU; ignoring that most NDUS classrooms are empty, while NDSU is standing room only.

NorthernBison
03-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Carlson is a power hungry man and surely is not representing Fargo or the best interests of North Dakota.

Carlson needs to be gone. Anybody living in his district needs to work hard to get rid of him once and for all.

I lost respect for him a number of years ago when he introduced legislation to allow hunting roadside rights of way even if the land on each side was posted. When questioned about it, he insisted that there was no personal agenda involved and he was doing what constituents had asked him to do. Eventually it came out that a hunting party of which he was a member was cited for shooting pheasants in a ditch with posted land on both sides.

Apparently, he has no problem using his office for personal agendas. And HE'S WILLING TO LIE ABOUT IT.

lakesbison
03-04-2011, 03:59 PM
amen, get rid of him. Ricky Bobby lives in that district, I nominate him!!

Twentysix
03-10-2011, 04:47 PM
Carlson needs to be gone. Anybody living in his district needs to work hard to get rid of him once and for all.

I lost respect for him a number of years ago when he introduced legislation to allow hunting roadside rights of way even if the land on each side was posted. When questioned about it, he insisted that there was no personal agenda involved and he was doing what constituents had asked him to do. Eventually it came out that a hunting party of which he was a member was cited for shooting pheasants in a ditch with posted land on both sides.

Apparently, he has no problem using his office for personal agendas. And HE'S WILLING TO LIE ABOUT IT.

What part of fargo gets to vote for/against him? I dont remeber him on a recent ballot, though ive only voted in fargo twice.

DORMIE
03-10-2011, 04:58 PM
I'm in his district. We vote at Bethel Evangelical Free Church. From 17th Ave S to 32nd Ave S and from 25th St to I-29. This includes Prairiewood. The only thing we've got going for us is that Tony Grindberg is our Senator.

CAS4127
03-10-2011, 05:30 PM
Some comments from you opponent: http://plainsdaily.com/entry/house_maj_leader_carlson_responds_to_news_critics/