PDA

View Full Version : State of the Program

CaBisonFan
03-02-2011, 07:56 PM
So after my self-prescribed winter hiatus from bisonville...how do things look in general for the team?

I, like others, was very disappointed in how things went in the final minutes at Eastern Washington. I didn't like the fact that we didn't bring the house or a safety on EW's final drive. We played it safe against an explosive offense...and played right into their hands. Didn't like the option plays when we needed a yard or two. It's not our game right now. Hopefully the coaching staff will learn from this experience.

In hindsight, maybe it's just what the doctor prescribed for the program. The season was good...but spotty. Maybe the players and staff will come in breathing even more fire and will have worked very hard to improve. Historically, we've built up to national championships. As much as it hurt to lose that game...it was a bit of a shocker that we were there at all...and in a position to move on.

So how are we doing guys? Football, flood predictions, etc.

Me...I'd like to see the Bison play a great game against NI this year. Would like to see them play a Bison team that brings its game. Hasn't happened yet.

I'll predict 9-2, a high national ranking...with another strong run in the playoffs. The Minnesota game will be fun...but let's not put it on the front burner. Good FCS teams, including us, have proven that they can play with most FBS teams...even in their arena. The difference is marginal...at best. So it's not our super bowl anymore.

roadwarrior
03-02-2011, 08:05 PM
Welcome back CA!

Bisonfan1
03-02-2011, 08:15 PM
Welcome back CA!

Welcome back from me also, have you kidnapped BisonGuy, he has been MIA also. What have you two guys been plotting ?? :D

KilldeerBison
03-02-2011, 08:51 PM
So after my self-prescribed winter hiatus from bisonville...how do things look in general for the team?

I, like others, was very disappointed in how things went in the final minutes at Eastern Washington. I didn't like the fact that we didn't bring the house or a safety on EW's final drive. We played it safe against an explosive offense...and played right into their hands. Didn't like the option plays when we needed a yard or two. It's not our game right now. Hopefully the coaching staff will learn from this experience.

In hindsight, maybe it's just what the doctor prescribed for the program. The season was good...but spotty. Maybe the players and staff will come in breathing even more fire and will have worked very hard to improve. Historically, we've built up to national championships. As much as it hurt to lose that game...it was a bit of a shocker that we were there at all...and in a position to move on.

So how are we doing guys? Football, flood predictions, etc.

Me...I'd like to see the Bison play a great game against NI this year. Would like to see them play a Bison team that brings its game. Hasn't happened yet.

I'll predict 9-2, a high national ranking...with another strong run in the playoffs. The Minnesota game will be fun...but let's not put it on the front burner. Good FCS teams, including us, have proven that they can play with most FBS teams...even in their arena. The difference is marginal...at best. So it's not our super bowl anymore.

I also would like to beat UNI, and not by just a little. I know, a win is a win. But, I'd like to see the Bison knock the snot out of 'em. By the way, winter does not seem to be over in ND yet.

westnodak93bison
03-02-2011, 10:48 PM
imho, barring injury we should have the most quality depth in the history of the program. The spring game should be damn competitive at QB, couple OL positions, TE, WR, DT, CB, K and P. The staff has shown they will play 2-3 deep at several positions if the players are good enough. If we can just get over the predictability with the offense and develop a respectable passing attack watch out.

perthbison
03-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Good FCS teams, including us, have proven that they can play with most FBS teams...even in their arena. The difference is marginal...at best. So it's not our super bowl anymore.

The major thing for an fcs is if their healthy when they play an fbs. The fcs teams tend to have less depth. I totally agree with our dire need to finally beat NI. Their players don't like us and I can't figure out why.:confused:

tjbison
03-03-2011, 12:11 AM
The world is returning to normality like Bisonfan1 said we just need BG back

Welcome CA!!

sambini
03-03-2011, 12:58 AM
CA BISON good to see you back+++++

Herd
03-03-2011, 01:10 AM
My focus has changed from the FBS games being the big deal, to the focus being in conference . . . winning the Valley.

We need to win 2 of 3 games OOC, then focus on getting 6+ wins in the Valley, and a championship. We need to show that we can win in the Valley. We haven't shown anything in conference yet, and that has to change in 2011.

sambini
03-03-2011, 01:13 AM
Win the Valley and beat UNI

AjaxTheMighty
03-03-2011, 02:54 AM
I'm really excited for the upcoming season. I hope our QB competition is cleared up early. When there is an extended competition, it's usually because you have average QBs. I hope Brock or someone emerges soon and we don't have to wait until the first game to know who is starting. Beating UNI would be a big win for us. I would love to beat up on the Goophs, but we'll see. I'll be down there for it! I just really want to beat UNI the most. They came in like a bunch a thugs two years ago and didn't look all that impressive. They got to our QB in that crappy dome last year and didn't exactly light it up. Overall, hope coach Bohl has those boys ready to bust up the MVC and take that conference title. Can't wait to tailgate!! Go Bison!!!!

WYOBISONMAN
03-03-2011, 05:24 AM
Welcome back CA!

Bison81
03-03-2011, 08:32 PM
welcome back CA - not the same without ya

CaBisonFan
03-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Thanks everyone. It's great to be back. I've learned that it's good to get away for a while, stop thinking about the Bison, and to 'try' to regain some perspective.

Go Bison !!

HerdBot
03-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Hey great to see you back. Last season was a stepping stone and we peaked at the right time. Did we over achieve? I didn't get that sense at all. We are what we are. A team that plays great defense, runs the ball well, and absolutely wears teams dowin in the 2nd half. We did well despite the lack of a great passing game. We're built to win in the playoffs and we we're lucky because injuries were non existant. We need that again or else we need to develop depth.

Im more concerned about winning the conference. While were built to win in the playoffs, were not built to dominate the conference. I know that's a strange statement but I think were built to lose to UNI in the regular season and beat them in the playoffs.

We need to improve the passing game. Do we need to throw for 300 yards per game? No. But we need the ability to throw the ball when needed. With last years qb play we don't have much of a shot to win the conference and well need to get a conference championship.

So the biggest keys to the off season are...

1) seeing Brock improve dramatically from year 1 to year 2

2) seeing improvement from the receivers. There is no reason Howard and Hollow shouldn't improve dramatically. I love the skill of the young receivers too.

3) seeing us stay healthy and not lose players to academics and other BS

4) keeping the coaching staff in place. We lost a few assistant coaches but got some great replacements. The key is to keep your coordinators and head coach. We did that. We need growth from Vigen.

5) finding good replacements for Gratzek and Gatlin. I like Juckem and the other guys. The fact we didn't go Juco means Bohl has faith in them.

6) getting the young guys reps early for depth

Otherwise I really like the team that's returning. Great mix of young and experienced.

Prediction. Anywhere from 6-8 wins. Want to see us finally beat UNI. Beat the Gophers. Keep the Dakota Marker. Split with SIU and WIU.

If that happens we have a chance to win a championship.

X-Factor
03-05-2011, 05:38 PM
CA, I am disappointed. This is not the usual 27 page essay we have become accustomed to

4mcruenomore
03-05-2011, 09:42 PM
The State of the Program is that we FINALLY have depth at QB with quality players!!!!!!!!!

CaBisonFan
03-05-2011, 10:48 PM
CA, I am disappointed. This is not the usual 27 page essay we have become accustomed to

I'm really sorry to let you down. Maybe it means that I have another life. LOL

CaBisonFan
03-05-2011, 10:52 PM
The State of the Program is that we FINALLY have depth at QB with quality players!!!!!!!!!

Hey...how are you??

Did you watch this Wentz kid play in high school? He's been off my radar. The FCS reports on him are about him having NFL ability. How about our friend from Bismarck HS? Where does he fit into this whole thing? Any opinions?

I agree...finally...finally...depth & quality at QB in an era when passing is absolutely necessary.

4mcruenomore
03-06-2011, 01:06 AM
Both QB's from Bis are phenoms, IMFO. We will be fine at that position for a few years to come.

WYOBISONMAN
03-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Both QB's from Bis are phenoms, IMFO. We will be fine at that position for a few years to come.

I sure hope so......it has been a killer previously. But, the QB also has to have a decent supporting cast. One actor does not win the Oscar for Best Picture alone......

X-Factor
03-06-2011, 03:26 PM
I'm really sorry to let you down. Maybe it means that I have another life. LOL

Outside of Bisonville?! Impossible! Everyone here knows that for anyone with over 1,000 posts, their first wife is actually Bville :D

CaBisonFan
03-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Outside of Bisonville?! Impossible! Everyone here knows that for anyone with over 1,000 posts, their first wife is actually Bville :D

You have a point...:cool:

TransAmBison
03-07-2011, 05:50 PM
You have a point...:cool:
TWSS.......

THEsocalledfan
03-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Caution: thread drift

Why not the we comment on the state of the Bisonville program? Here are my recent observations:

TAB-Although he has given up scamming, he continues obtain pictures of new tatoos.

Tony-The angry elf does not seem to have made any recent appearances from what I have seen. Meaning: Lakes has finally cleaned it up.

WyomingBison-Admitted he leans left, politically, although he wears a cowboy hat and lives in Wyoming. (no political talk intended; just an observation; I am sure I wasn't the only one to have a stereotype adjusted)

Tatanka-Extremely concened about taxpayer dollars going to fight for frivalous causes. Hard to argue with that.

CAS-Someone who has provided more intellegent talk on the nickname issues than nearly anything you see or read in the newspaper. Often ahead of key issues like "with prejudice." Clearly making other former student athletes proud.

Bisonguy-missing in action. Still must be recovering from being Fette'd.

CaBison-Admits to regaining "perspective" when not on Bisonville. Ain't that the truth for all of us.......

PL-Still has sausage to share......

Okay, others feel free to add on.....

TransAmBison
03-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Caution: thread drift

Why not the we comment on the state of the Bisonville program? Here are my recent observations:

TAB-Although he has given up scamming, he continues obtain pictures of new tatoos.

Tony-The angry elf does not seem to have made any recent appearances from what I have seen. Meaning: Lakes has finally cleaned it up.

WyomingBison-Admitted he leans left, politically, although he wears a cowboy hat and lives in Wyoming. (no political talk intended; just an observation; I am sure I wasn't the only one to have a stereotype adjusted)

Tatanka-Extremely concened about taxpayer dollars going to fight for frivalous causes. Hard to argue with that.

CAS-Someone who has provided more intellegent talk on the nickname issues than nearly anything you see or read in the newspaper. Often ahead of key issues like "with prejudice." Clearly making other former student athletes proud.

CaBison-Admits to regaining "perspective" when not on Bisonville. Ain't that the truth for all of us.......

PL-Still has sausage to share......

Okay, others feel free to add on.....
I wouldn't quite say TAB is retired from baiting. I have a couple things going...we shall see. I have begun dabbling in romance scams. I don't plan on posting those baits...but one never knows if there might be something worth sharing. Currently one I have one bait where I turned a hetero romance scam into a lesbian bait. The bait is quite graphic, and the scammer is quite perplexed.
One small exerpt for those who would be interested:
I sent this right after I got an email demanding my faithfullness at all times.

I admit that I did have a moment of weakness and I shagged a shemale. The price was so much cheaper and I really don't have that much money until I get this picture I need. Besides, you close your eyes and its all the same! I wanted a female prostitute, but they want some serious coin! I also got it half price by taking it up the butt myself! He/she had a couple diseases, but I didn't swallow, so I think I should be fine. I hope you can forgive this moment of weakness, I promise to be faithful most of the time from now on.
Right now I am just tormenting the scammer by being the biggest POS anybody could imagine. Thanks for the inspiration Answer Guy! I don't know what direction I will try and take it yet, just having a little fun so far.

perthbison
03-08-2011, 02:41 AM
[QUOTE=THEsocalledfan;480386]Caution: thread drift

Badlands-being very careful how he looks at people. No eye contact.

Endzone-shooting pool with his parole officer every wendsday night.
Bridog-living the quiet life in the mountains, enjoying an occasional glass of wine.

344Johnson
03-08-2011, 04:15 AM
While I do not post too often....

344 Johnson- Hanging out in his dormroom. Passing the time til September by dabbling in homework and air force projects.

Northside Bison
03-08-2011, 05:45 AM
I've been reading the threads long enough so I thought I would join in. :innocent:

I have seen both of the two QBs play in person, and in my opinion Esley was far better than Wentz. I'm really interested to see how spring ball shakes out at this position. A lot of strong competition which is very good for the program.

4mcruenomore
03-09-2011, 04:07 AM
I've been reading the threads long enough so I thought I would join in. :innocent:

I have seen both of the two QBs play in person, and in my opinion Esley was far better than Wentz. I'm really interested to see how spring ball shakes out at this position. A lot of strong competition which is very good for the program.

BHS does produce some good Bison QB talent, Kevin...................