View Full Version : Away Game Tickets

yellowstreak
03-02-2011, 12:46 AM
Sep 24-----Minnesota---------------Minneapolis, MN-----$39 @ Tickets Now
Oct 08-----Southern Illinois--------Carbondale, IL-------tickets not availible
Oct 22-----South Dakota State-----Brookings, SD-------tickets not availible
Nov 05-----Indiana State------------Terre Haute, IN-----tickets not availible
Nov 19-----Western Illinois---------Macomb, IL----------tickets not availible

anybody know where to buy away game tickets early or where the visiting teams sit?

MNLonghorn10
03-02-2011, 01:18 AM
dude. its march 1st.

are you really that desperate for tickets, or just bored...im gonna go ahead and say you dont have to worry about getting ticks for any of these games

sambini
03-02-2011, 01:59 AM
You won't have any problems at the other games...

CHADSTAUS
03-02-2011, 02:02 AM
Sep 24-----Minnesota---------------Minneapolis, MN-----$39 @ Tickets Now
Oct 08-----Southern Illinois--------Carbondale, IL-------tickets not availible
Oct 22-----South Dakota State-----Brookings, SD-------tickets not availible
Nov 05-----Indiana State------------Terre Haute, IN-----tickets not availible
Nov 19-----Western Illinois---------Macomb, IL----------tickets not availible

anybody know where to buy away game tickets early or where the visiting teams sit?

For what it's worth, I have been planning the 2011 season and my wife thinks I'm nuts. So as far as I'm concerned, plan on.:nod:

CHADSTAUS
03-02-2011, 02:06 AM
For me the season does not end, there is just 40 bye weeks between 2 games, thats all. :) :nod: :) :nod: :) :nod: :) :nod:

roadwarrior
03-02-2011, 02:22 AM
Based on my experience, you can get tickets on game day at ISU, SIU and WIU, and still be able to pick your section.

chuckles
03-02-2011, 03:51 AM
I made it to 3 of the 4 MVC games in 2009...

SIU - I bought my ticket before tailgating. Then while tailgating in their student lot, was handed a SIU Student Section ticket from a group of their students giving them out.

ISU Blue - Walk up to the window 20 minutes prior to kickoff, sit wherever.

WIU - Paid $20 for a spot to tailgate with the 25 WIU people there and then walked right into the game. No joke, didn't buy a ticket!

Twentysix
03-02-2011, 06:08 AM

SIU - I bought my ticket before tailgating. Then while tailgating in their student lot, was handed a SIU Student Section ticket from a group of their students giving them out.

WIU - Paid $20 for a spot to tailgate with the 25 WIU people there and then walked right into the game. No joke, didn't buy a ticket!

So our conferences football programs go from successful atleast moderatly to failing, to class b high school?

You didnt buy a ticket?! And they let you in with a SIU student ticket? You had NDSU garb on and didnt have to show an ID even?! No way....

I wonder how many MVFC teams run at a loss(Just football, make/spend). Is there even anyway to get your hands on that information?

tjbison
03-02-2011, 11:38 AM
So our conferences football programs go from successful atleast moderatly to failing, to class b high school?

You didnt buy a ticket?! And they let you in with a SIU student ticket? You had NDSU garb on and didnt have to show an ID even?! No way....

I wonder how many MVFC teams run at a loss(Just football, make/spend). Is there even anyway to get your hands on that information?

Pretty sure 98% of them don't make money on FB

IndyBison
03-02-2011, 03:09 PM

Hopefully Indiana State will have better crowds this year. It sounds like there is a little more excitement around the program now that they have a taste of winning and their very good classes are getting into the system. That said, I still doubt you'll have any problems getting a ticket and sitting mostly wherever you want. They might go from 4k to 12k but they can seat 20k (allegedly). I'll be there as long as I don't get a game assignment that day.

DePereBisonFan
03-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Pretty sure 98% of them don't make money on FB

So you are saying that of the 9 MVFC teams, 8.82 of them don't make money on FB? Or are you including USD in that, in which case 9.8 of the teams don't make money?

chuckles
03-02-2011, 10:56 PM
And they let you in with a SIU student ticket? You had NDSU garb on and didnt have to show an ID even?! No way....

To clarify, I used the ticket I purchased before tailgating to get into the game. The student who gave me the other student section ticket said the ticket was all needed to get in, no student ID or anything else...

tjbison
03-02-2011, 11:24 PM
So you are saying that of the 9 MVFC teams, 8.82 of them don't make money on FB? Or are you including USD in that, in which case 9.8 of the teams don't make money?

Do some research FCS schools in General DO NOT make money on FB, If you think bringing in 4000 fans to ISU-B with the travel they have is making them money your wrong.

yellowstreak
03-09-2011, 12:20 AM
I've always wondered why FCS schools that don't make money in sports don't drop down to DII.

I've only been to away-games at SDSU and Minnesota. That was before I moved to Iowa. I'll probably hit a lot more away games now; Western Illinois or UNI for sure because they are pretty close by.

How many Bison fans show up to Southern Illinois, Indiana State and Western Illinois games? Is there usually a Bison tallgating spot at all the games? Is there always a visitors section or are some integrated? Do the home team fans try to pick fights? Do the home team fans even care? I know UNI cares (Captin Cat is so caring).

roadwarrior
03-09-2011, 01:02 AM
How many Bison fans show up to Southern Illinois, Indiana State and Western Illinois games? Is there usually a Bison tallgating spot at all the games? Is there always a visitors section or are some integrated? Do the home team fans try to pick fights? Do the home team fans even care? I know UNI cares (Captin Cat is so caring).

Bison fans always show up. The other teams always know that there are fans from the opposing team in the stands. We often hear that nobody else travels like we do. If you show up, it will be just that much better. Tailgating is usually discussed here the week before each game, but you will always be able to spot us. There are usually areas for visiting fans at every stadium. Fights? Only in El Forke!

chuckles
03-09-2011, 12:59 PM
I've always wondered why FCS schools that don't make money in sports don't drop down to DII.

I've only been to away-games at SDSU and Minnesota. That was before I moved to Iowa. I'll probably hit a lot more away games now; Western Illinois or UNI for sure because they are pretty close by.

As far as number of fans for those games, possibly a couple hundred, and 50% or more are parents. We brought about the same, possibly a little more, to Illinois State this year too. Tailgating is fun as you get to mingle with the locals and talk some football with folks who aren't Bison fans.
No fights by any means. At the Southern Illinois game we we're unaware on where to tailgate, so we followed a pickup with a grill in the back (and a student holding onto it). As I mentioned, we ended up pulling into the SIU 'student tailgate lot' and tailgated with them. Talk about a prime place to 'pick a fight' or make enemies, didn't happen. We talked it up, took some friendly jabs back and forth, found out the bars to hit up later on, and joined in some drinking games.

Fast50Dad
03-09-2011, 03:11 PM
My family and I tailgated Indiana State two years ago, fans were great. Didn't buy tickets the folks next to us gave us 10 for free. We sat on the 20 with Road and parents. I know this year they will have more fans as they have improved from 2 years ago.

Go Bison!

IzzyFlexion
03-09-2011, 10:03 PM
My family and I tailgated Indiana State two years ago, fans were great. Didn't buy tickets the folks next to us gave us 10 for free. We sat on the 20 with Road and parents. I know this year they will have more fans as they have improved from 2 years ago.

Go Bison!

My daugther and I were at that game too. I felt so stupid cuz I don't know what any you fellers look like. Plus got there late (late first quarter) so no opportunity for a tailgate meet-n-greet.
Whatever to the Bisonville username jersey idea?:)

roadwarrior
03-09-2011, 10:20 PM
I felt so stupid cuz I don't know what any you fellers look like.

I had no idea who Fast50Dad or Chuckles were before the Indiana State weekend. Look for Bison gear and cold beer.

Fast50Dad
03-09-2011, 11:49 PM
We were west of the entrance under the Snorty flag. Yellow and black snowmobile trailer. See you this year, planning another trip to Terre Haute. Heard Road may be there...

Go Bison!

Fast50Dad
03-10-2011, 12:05 AM
Chuckles was money for me at EWU...owe him for that. Thanks man!

Go Bison!

IzzyFlexion
03-10-2011, 12:22 AM
We were west of the entrance under the Snorty flag. Yellow and black snowmobile trailer. See you this year, planning another trip to Terre Haute. Heard Road may be there...

Go Bison!

Well, there is plenty to do there.

http://www.rose-hulman.edu/alumniaffairs/ski_small.jpg

IndyBison
03-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Well, there is plenty to do there.

http://www.rose-hulman.edu/alumniaffairs/ski_small.jpg

Yeah...Terre Haute isn't the best example of Indiana. Sorry about that guys. If you have an extra day come on over to Indy and have a good time. I was at that Indiana State game a couple years ago too. I'll be there this year if I don't have a game myself. Then you can all tell me in person how much the officiating sucks.

BISONBRI
03-14-2011, 04:47 AM
For the Goopher game, those of you that do have tickets is there a section that Bison fans are sitting in? Or grab what we can get and go from there?

lakesbison
03-14-2011, 02:18 PM
THE WHOLE PLACE WILL BE GREEN. Sit anywhere, they'll be 10K of us.

its a WEAR GREEN game.