PDA

View Full Version : UND Featured on CNBC's Price of Admission: America's College Debt Crisis

phpguru
02-28-2011, 02:53 AM
UND gets some decent public exposure, unfortunately it's not good...

So I'm watching this special on skyrocketing costs of college in America (aired Sunday night 9pm-10pm on CNBC)... UND was spotlighted as one of 700+ colleges using Higher One's financial services in which they provide a students financial aid on a debit card (in order to charge them fees and collect as much as possible from their aid).

Apparently UND sent one of their financial aid officials to a Napa Valley retreat (hosted by Higher One) at the cost of $1700...

Where's the outrage on this one? Are we going to see Skarpohl scream at UND over this one?

onbison09
02-28-2011, 02:55 AM

So I'm watching this special on skyrocketing costs of college in America (aired Sunday night 9pm-10pm on CNBC)... UND was spotlighted as one of 700+ colleges using Higher One's financial services in which they provide a students financial aid on a debit card (in order to charge them fees and collect as much as possible from their aid).

Apparently UND sent one of their financial aid officials to a Napa Valley retreat (hosted by Higher One) at the cost of $1700...

Where's the outrage on this one? Are we going to see Skarpohl scream at UND over this one?

:Popping popcorn:

NDSUstudent
02-28-2011, 03:01 AM

http://onthedefense.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/sweep-under-rug.jpg

NDSUstudent
02-28-2011, 03:02 AM
A UND student was recently feature on MTV's show "I used to be fat" so I guess at least they got that going for themselves.

tjbison
03-01-2011, 01:27 AM

Andrist was more of a douche than Skarpy when the NDSU Washington trip came out, he was on every show etc

BTW did you forward the link to Skarpy and Assdrist so they could read it??

Facts
03-01-2011, 01:56 AM
If a tree falls in the woods, and no one is there to hear it, does UND not get singled out?

roadwarrior
03-01-2011, 02:00 AM
If a tree falls in the woods, and no one is there to hear it, does UND not get singled out?

I see what you did there.....

Bison bison
03-01-2011, 02:23 AM

very funny.

KC Bison
03-01-2011, 08:04 PM
UND gets some public exposure, and it's GREAT...

So, I couldn't resist fixing it.

duluthbison
03-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Andrist was more of a douche than Skarpy when the NDSU Washington trip came out, he was on every show etc

BTW did you forward the link to Skarpy and Assdrist so they could read it??

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

That could just galvanize their resolve to "fix" higher ed in this state! They would then have more proof that things aren't working.

Tatanka
03-01-2011, 08:49 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

That could just galvanize their resolve to "fix" higher ed in this state! They would then have more proof that things aren't working.

Yes, but they would have to admit that things aren't working AT UND. Watching them squirm on that point might be fun enough to make me do it... :rofl:

CAS4127
03-01-2011, 09:15 PM
I was not aware of the below until just recently. Kinda surprised to find out:

Text of Section 10 of Article X of ND Constitution:
1. Upon the adoption of this amendment to the Constitution of the State of North Dakota there shall be annually levied by the state of North Dakota one mill upon all of the taxable property within the state of North Dakota which, when collected, shall be covered into the state treasury of the state of North Dakota and placed to the credit of the North Dakota state medical center at the university of North Dakota; said fund shall be expended as the legislature shall direct for the development and maintenance necessary to the efficient operation of the said North Dakota state medical center.

2. This amendment shall be self-executing, but legislation may be enacted to facilitate its operation.

roadwarrior
03-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Yup, just found the one mill on my property tax statement.